Watching through this show for the first time and I'm pretty surprised at how red pilled it is...

Watching through this show for the first time and I'm pretty surprised at how red pilled it is. It's basically a guidebook on how to be a man and work hard while exposing the consequences of breaking up the nuclear family.

The women are crazy, Marxist characters are incompetent fools, and hedonistic men are portrayed as children. I was surprised to read that most of the writers were women on the later seasons. It's a very balanced show with no tinge of SJW garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2015/03/why-mad-men-is-really-all-about-being-jewish-63656/
youtube.com/watch?v=kR0OPOMea1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=voBcDtXIMvA&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=hBasrTmASPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's one of the best shows ever made, no doubt about it

Apparently it gets bluepilled and depressing in the later seasons. The first 3 or so seasons are fun and even addicting at times

And the redhead had some serious hooters

Never watched it. Never will.

it's sad that depicting an era accurately is now considered "redpilled"

also my captcha image was some fucking hebrew street sign.. they know...

Yup, helped me and mirrored alot of my own personal journey post divorce

Millennials are smart opting out of manhood, although it builds character when you come out the other side

The 60s was a dark decade, Mad Men potrays this accurately.

One of the best shows out there, love it.

Praise Kek!

the rake is coming.

>mad men
>redpilled

you're just a retard looking to confirm your prejudices. There is nothing redpilled about this show, you just saw men in nice suits spouting "sexist" one liners and drinking whiskey at work and thought it's "BASED XD"

it's a GOAT show tho

>Apparently it gets bluepilled and depressing in the later seasons.
No it doesn't. The old guy (Bert Cooper) flat out says he doesn't want a black girl sitting at the front of the office, then has a very sympathetic death scene and tribute. Why would they glorify a racist character? This was in the last season btw

"I'm all for the advancement of negroes, but not advancing to the front of the office"

which is racist by today's standards. not sure what your point is

they're not glorifying him. Their point was that you couldn't have a nogger there even if you weren't racist because it was socially unacceptable at that time.

Then why did Joan have no problem sending Don Chambers up front? Literally no one had a problem with it except Bert. And I was saying the show glorified Bert's death with the moon landing

I fucked a girl who was a background character in this show with no lines

this is way more redpilled btw

>gabagoolpilled

Sorry my friend. Literally ((((their)))) propaganda.

indiewire.com/2015/03/why-mad-men-is-really-all-about-being-jewish-63656/

Because Bert was the only competent leader in their team. Joan was an uneducated whore and didn't understand anything more complicated managing office sluts. Sterling didn't care about anything. Don the protag was the good guy who doesn't care about social norms unless the plot demands it and the plot didn't demand it at that point.

Her name was Dawn I think.

screenshot

>I was surprised to read that most of the writers were women on the later seasons.
I knew that from watching the first episode.

SCDP had racist clients though. Remember how the bearded hippy got in a fight with one of them?

So just to make things clear are you arguing that Bert wasn't racist but simply following social norms?

>'''''''''''subtle'''''''''' critique of machoism and 50s in general
>That fucking obnoxious Marry Sue Peggy
>redpilled

Are you retarded m8?

if you followed Peggy's progression she become more miserable the more independent she became. she found happiness at the end with Stan

It's the writing, not the era. It's extremely rare to find a portrayal of masculinity and masculine failures that aren't transparently anti-male.

The show is extremely balanced in its depiction of both men and women. Unfortunately, any balanced piece of entertainment is "red pilled" today.

Don Draper is portrayed throughout the show as a degenerate alcoholic who is stuck in the past. The fact you're empathising with the wrong shit doesn't make the show red pilled.

Better than embracing the progressive 1960s future all around him.

I don't know. Either that or they just wanted to randomly stick a racist incident somewhere in the script to make the show more "realistic".

I don't want to spoil the show, but I'd advice you don't watch the last episode.

this isn't redpilled.

the show is written by a gay man. it's a caricature of masculinity. if you had any experience in life you would realize this.

The later seasons turned to shit but the point still stands.

I want to ejaculate onto Cristina Hendricks' breasts.

>Wah wah, the story doesn't agree with my ideology!

>mfw she fucks a half-Indian/half-brit

>Mary Sue

I don't think you know what that phrase means. Peggy makes a lot of bad decisions, decisions that lead to genuine unhappiness for her. Sure, she's very competent at her job, but she's pretty fucking far from infallible, which is what being a Mary Sue means.

>Meadow Soprano
>aka Lisa Simpson
>annoying liberal lecture every episode

youtube.com/watch?v=kR0OPOMea1Y

They shoehorn jews and Israel into the show constantly, until they hire a neurotic jew in season 5. Also a lot of pro-women shit. The only thing it didn't try to force was niggers, until the last couple of seasons at least.

It's a good show, but not a red-pilled as you think. I can see how centrists would think that, though. Just like Breaking Bad.

i know...its a fucking crime....:(

Never seen someone defend the 1960s on Sup Forums before. Strange.

Damn you guys are dense.

Men like Don, Pete, and Roger feel like bigger men by drinking and fucking around. The subtle message is that real men take care of business at work AND at home. They're actually acting like boys.

Maybe read entire posts.

It's funny, I just finished watching all of it a few days ago. It had it's good moments but the ending was kind of empty for me. I don't know, it has that oh i'm a jerk chasing money then there's the hippie commune bullshit.

Pretty bluepilled actually. Don is a turbo sjw, too: turbofeminist and turboniggerlover.

I've honestly never watched it but I was able to find a pic pretty easy. She's in the green in the middle. She was a cool girl, but we only dated a little while.

Plus she's not a natural red head.

>no tinge of SJW garbage.
Anyone remember when they gave Don a black secretary and made her have a storyline for two episodes before abandoning it?

The fuck was that about?

Diversity?

I remember when don was so disgusted by some dude singing with a blackface that he fled a wedding.

This show had the worst ending since The Sopranos. And the last season was a mistake, but you could argue that anything past season 4 was bad.

It's a good show, but it paints the 60s as a progressive, undoubtedly good thing for the country while making gross overgeneralizations of how "backward" a white patriarchy would be on women and minorities. But overall, it's quite good. I like it alot, even if it's just to live vicariously in Ossining c. 1960

Fun fact,7 out of the 9 writers were women.

So...?

>tony spergs out at meadows black boyfriend
>meadow gets pissed
>later on her bike gets stolen by a nigger

But that didn't happen. Sure, he gets an exasperated look on his face, but it's because he's in the middle of an ongoing conflict with the character in question. He sticks around until the end of the wedding, until he finally leaves because everyone is drunk.

youtube.com/watch?v=voBcDtXIMvA&t=1s

It's the best series ever, it's a 7 seasons movie.

That's not true

And here we have the special flavour of retard only Poland can provide

Stop being a fucking mong and actually watch the show. Rachel Mankiw is actually incredibly upset against her own people for very similar reasons to pol's.

To be honest, if they tried going full SJW in a setting that takes place in the 60s, everybody would call it out, outside and inside the show. Historical fiction is probably one of the few settings where Leftist writers can't impose their social views in the plot, without either being seen as completely off-based to the surrounding characters, because everyone knows the past eras had a very different view of life. To white-wash that away would be seen as an unfaithful depiction of that era.

was she a qt

Suits is more fun.

Both shows are good.

You do realize the purpose of the show is to say "look how bad an unprogressive people were in this time. Isn't it good that we moved past this?" through an exaggerated lens.

Nope. That certainly is not the PURPOSE of the show. That's simply the accurate historical framework it works in. Its purpose is much more complex and detailed about what it means to be happy in America.

I think the purpose was to display what life was like in those times.

He literally leaves the whole scene and goes to the bar, only coming back at the very end of the wedding, and only because he's pussy-whipped by his wife. Thanks for confirming my point though.

Let's also not forget the niggerlover hippie fuck, peggy as a whole, don's behavior toward peggy, don being butthurt because people were talking among themselves in a way that may bother a nearby lady in an elevator, don's nigger secretary, don loving and protecting fags, etc.

And it's cartoonish in its representation.

Yeah okay. But, why though? Just to be contrarian?

This show is great, just got halfway through season 4.

>GOOMAH

Well, she is not a real redhead (she has admitted that she has died her hair red for years) and the hits are probably fake too.

theyre real (and veiny)

Nobody reads posts here.

roger has no filters

Yee

Unfortunately she has some issue that makes it so she physically can't have kids and she was moving away from my city to LA.. I considered chasing after her in spite of all that.. but I really want to have a family someday and pass on my genetic lineage, so I bitched out

That never stopped the left before. At the very least, characters who espouse "sexist" or "racist" sentiments are portrayed as pieces of shit. Either that, or the situation is presented as a tounge-in-cheek shocking moment the writers share with the audience "I can't believe people were so backwards back then!"

There are no shades of grey on the far left or right. It's extremely rare to find this kind of balanced content in the past decade.

Not an argument.

Please tell me more about how it really was back then - you know, before you were alive.

>niggerlover hippie fuck

You mean Paul, who is consistently portrayed as obnoxious and virtue-signaling? You seem to forget that after introducing his black girlfriend, he is immediately called out on his bullshit in the very next scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=hBasrTmASPI

>only coming back at the very end of the wedding
You are literally making stuff up. He goes to the bar, meets Hilton, and is back at the party in the next scene.

>don loving and protecting fags
Don has a thing about protecting people's private secrets. It's a defining character trait. Besides, he fired Salvatore for not spreading his ass for the Lucky Strike guy, all while mumbling about "you people".
>loving
what

>characters who espouse "sexist" or "racist" sentiments are portrayed as pieces of shit.
Just like in mad men.

>>>/tumblr/ from whence you came

>oh no, i've run out of arguments

And it fails to do that. Funny, isn't it?

>actual arguments are tumblr

Leave it to the fucking Leaf.

You have to be at such a Defcon 1 severe level of autism to not understand this scene...

Roger was making a fool out of himself and his company by leaving his wife for his secretary. He was a joke. His foolishness was accentuated 10x by dressing up and singing. It was too cringe for Don to even watch.

That's it? Only 3 cuckly white knights in this thread? Come on, give me more (You)s, bluepilled tumblrinas!

>watch Mad Men season 1 years ago
>first episode is pretty cool
>about developing some campaign or advert for some product
>intrigue and everybody stabbing each other in the back in the company
>nice
>bit relationship drama by the side, but still interesting
>watch second episode
>just relationship drama with no advertising business to be seen
>muh super hot wife with gout or whatever
>watch third episode
>it's the same shit as the second
>dropped

Did I pick the right choice. Does it become about the advertising business again at some point or is it shitty relationship all the time?

you ran out of arguments, leaf

please post an actual response with some content, i like seeing the show discussed, even here from this perspective

i don't mind the bumping though, if it gets more people to realise what a masterpiece mad men was

Who is Sargon of akkad?

It's back and forth but they're connected ultimately. You gotta be in the right place to watch it. I knew a lot about the show but had no interest in watching until this month.

>It's basically a guidebook on how to be a man and work hard while exposing the consequences of breaking up the nuclear family.

Did you miss the part where the men are responsible for breaking it up? Don cheats on his wife to the point of driving her crazy. He gaslights her too. He's got a perfect wife at home yet cheats on her with degenerate junkies and alcoholics. Betty was 100% justified in leaving him.

Roger cheats on his wife throughout their whole marriage and treats his daughter like shit. He then leaves his wife for a secretary who he also cheats on.

Pete cheats on his wife too.

Truly retarded post OP, bravo.

>can't even count

The day of the rake cannot come soon enough.

The relationship parts and the advertising parts are really about the same themes - namely dissecting why people want things, and dealing with the fact that getting those things is never as fulfilling as you hope. The two elements compliment each other.

No, it's all about the life of the characters. The advertisement is the decor and not the other way around. Career is one pillar of what makes the different characters, but their families and relationships take the principal focus. The drama usually comes from who wants a family with whom and why they can't have it. The work side is usually presented for the who's going to get fired and who's getting a promotion angle and not for the actual business of advertisement.

>most of the writers were women on the later seasons

Yeah, and it shows. I couldn't finish that shit. It was so goddamn awful.

What is so great about this show? What makes it entertaining? I'll probably like it, just curious.

The thoroughly fleshed out characters and constant leftism.

It portrays masculinity in a bad light. Don Draper is a lothario driven by his own self-interest and not the interest of his family.
Redpilled would be Don taking care of his family while the corporate world tries to eat him alive and the state sucks him dry.

>confirmed for not knowing what a Mary Sue is
Technically, you're both right. She was an obvious self-insert character for the female viewers.

This. Everyone's lives get worse as the show goes on and the trauma of the 60s starts to undermine society.

The only person who ends up in a better place at the end than at the beginning is Peggy, who doesn't expect special treatment for being a woman and ends up succeeding purely on her merits, stabs her commie boyfriend, and is red pilled about black people who she refers to at one point as 'animals'. She becomes what Don was at the start of season 1, minus the cheating, and before he pissed it all away.