Donald Trump appoints you Secretary of Education

Donald Trump appoints you Secretary of Education.

> Cameras snapping frenzied photos. Trump leans into you as you stand next to each other and whispers: "Make our education system the best in the world, user."

How do you fix the American education system?

Classroom sizes are a pretty huge thing when it comes to quality of learning but to achieve. Finland's class sizes we have to hire double the teachers and build double the classroons.

>How do you fix the American education system?

Restore Meritocracy.

Parents are responsible for their childrens' grades.

Parents on welfare will lose benefits if their children drop out of school or get poor grades.

This is a pipe dream user.

No niggers or spics.

One announcement:
"The Department of Education is hereby and IMMEDIATELY closed. The states must fund and decide how to run their schools themselves."

The country's too damn big to have one size fits all education.

Mandatory Class where the students are taught that everything should be taken with a grain of god damn salt and to swear allegiance to no political party or you will be taken advantage of.

Mandatory enrollment in Trump's Youth. Everyone must learn how to use a gun and become proficient in its use as part of their education. Boys learn to become proper masculine men and women learn to become proper feminine women.

>what makes Finnish students so successful?
Perhaps the fact that they are Asian helps

>blonde-haired blue-eyed
>asian

Burger education tho.

In "NY". I went to a school with a class of 300 and there was at most 15 in one class. This is just them making excuses for the fact that we have niggers that are taught from a young age to resent athourity.

Expel all niggers and spics.

Get rid of the niggers and the fighting and gang problems will go away. Niggers are literally the reason why schools are failing.

>what makes Finnish students so successful
no niggers or mexicans

Also get rid of the spics. No spics, No Niggers, better schools.

Come on, let's be real. I went to a predominantly white private high school and even there most of the students struggled to pass Algebra II and Physics.

The problem runs way deeper than race.

Don't fund education. Let the parents pay the schools to receive education. This way, kids who don't want to go to school stay at home and don't fuck things up for the good kids and parents are much more invested in their children's success because they pay for it upfront.

The fact that schools aren't funded by property tax does a lot to help students succeed.

Nice anecdote.

>The problem runs way deeper than race.
Nope. Blacks are about 1 standard deviation below whites in IQ.

Get rid of any and all quotas -- if there are any. Ban tenure.

Not sure what else.

Bring back one room school houses.
Learn to read and write.
That's it. Education over.
Take your knowledge of reading and FUCKING EDUCATE YOURSELF.
Also lower working age so people can work younger who don't give a fuck about reading or writing.
Make apprenticing a thing.

>no special ed classes
Absolutely not true. Finnish education system isnt even that great we just naturally have the highest IQ in Europe so we'd probably do great with any kinda system

Delusional idiot award goes to ding ding ding ding

Teachers aren't tenured, why are you guys so uneducated? It's almost as if corporate propoganda REALLY is effective at turning people into mindless idiots.

Why don't people ever look at the parents? My father is a doctor, and spoke to me as an adult. He took an interest in my schooling, pushed me in math, and exposed me to new and difficult challenges. The average American is a dumbshit and can't give anything of value to their kids. The average Finn is well educated and bright, and probably provides a great environment in which their children can grow as people. You can throw a lot of resources at kids, but if their parents (or parent) is a dumb Cleetus, or Javier, or Deshawna, the kid is probably going to end up like them.

t. Chubby fedoralord

>>higher IQ

Nah, I'm gonna have to call b.s. on that one

I would quit working and homeschool my kids fulltime so they'd be smart as fuck and I would be a welfare millionaire

That style of teaching built America into the greatest nation the world had ever seen.
But please, go on about muh property taxes or whatever the fuck you're bitching about.

Have any of you peaked into an ESOL or "special ed class"? It's a dark place, anons. Public schools and teachers unions have fucked our system - take you kids to private schools, the money you spend is worth not raising a retarded SJW shitlard when they're 26.

We don't have the culture for it. We don't push the children and demand excellence. Everyone likes to point at Asian kids and say "they are so smart," ignoring the fact that their parents lock them in their room, make them go to Saturday and Sunday school, beat and mistreat them if they bring home a B, etc. I'm not saying we should be as inhuman as Asians are to their kids, but we're ally don't demand much from them.

Privatized education

>le top-tier Finnish education meme
They haven't been in the top five in years. According to the most recent PISA results, they are thirteen in math, third in reading, and fifth in science. People who post these results and how great Finland's education is do it from the agenda to make our education more progressive and likely worse. They don't mention that there are several Asian countries above ours because imitating them would make our education less progressive, but in my opinion better.

>How do you fix the American education system?
Simple. Change the culture of Americans so they place as much value as possible in educational achievement. Furthermore, our education should resembles countries with actually more regressive education systems than what we have, prioritizing results on tests, which is exactly what happens in countries in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Shut it down. All pubic schools are now privatized, any federal aid funds are relegated without the need for compliance to federal law in the institutions. Promote a higher number of smaller joint community education programs.

Cooperate with other federal agencies to formulate a program in which anybody that does not earn their diploma by age 18 is enrolled in hard labor programs focusing on infrastructure upkeep, expansion, and national monuments. If they don't further earn their diploma by age 25, they are sold to the highest international bidders as certified clinically retarded slave labor and famine supplement.

I heard it's because students in Finland smoke cigarettes even thought people say they can kill you and they're too expensive.

Nah, like I said, I went to a fairly expensive private and all the students were still SJW shitlards.

It would be better to homeschool your kids.

I like you, leaf.

bump

well, first, make it possible to fire teachers who are not performing, return it to its meritocracy, ensure rigid tests are upheld and do my best to abolish teachers unions, initiate charter school grants to the best performing schools so they can grow and create more schools. remove the district boundaries, break up the monopolies on textbooks and stop subsidizing sub-prime college lending. done and done. fixed the education system.

>mfw if the US was 99% white like Finland, our standardized test scores wouldn't be far behind

Really makes you think, huh

>Being this fucking new.

new york city has 3 million more people than all of finland.

how many students are in finland? how many students are in NYC?

how many niggers does NYC have? How many niggers does Finland have?