Ethical Question

Should convicted Felons be allowed to own firearms and vote once they serve their sentence?

Yeah because they've settled their debt with the state.

No.

No.

If they committed a felony with a gun, no guns forever. Otherwise, yes.

Restoring voting rights is just a no-brainer. Why should they not?

Yes. The Second Amendment should be unconditional.

>the least free can notice freedom better than the most free

beautiful

I bet 80% you are cute penis! Fucking Jews POS.

No.

Yes only if they did not kill someone premeditated or molested children.

I should. We invented it.

SHALL

NOT CUTE, CUT, PENIS CUT, LOL, FUCKING SHIT, YOUR MOM ASK TO CUT YOU!

NOT

No

A person who has served his sentence should have all his rights restored.

If you believe that this person is not responsible enough to own a gun AFTER he's served his sentence, then MAYBE he shouldn't have been left out?????

Yes, conditionally, because the system should be correctional (even for the cynics who believe people "can't be saved")

Yes

If felons can't be trusted to own firearms after their release, why were they released in the first place?

EXACTLY

FOR GOD SAKEATHOLO YOUR MOM ASK TO CUR YOUR PENIS LIKE JEW, YOU ARE A CATHOLIC JEW(NON SENSE, LIKE YOUR MOM).

No

firearm yes, vote no

protip; they're going to own firearms anyway

Flawed argument.

If you can't trust a released felon to own a gun, then that felon shouldn't have been released.

Also if a felony really wants to purchase a gun he'll get it regardless.

Not violent felons. Rapists, manslaughterers, armed robbers, etc.

If that's the case why aren't you allowing them to buy from a place that will record the sale so you know what the felons own in the first place?

You're ignoring a problem instead of attacking it

I see no reason why someone who steals a car at 18 shouldn't have a say on what the capital gains tax is or whether to go to war when they're 50.

Only restore their rights if they maintain a history of no violence or crime for more than 3-5 years, and they lose their rights that they will have to re-apply for again after word should they commit any crime of any sort after serving their original felony sentence

Many will also vote anyway, as a great deal of localities do not check is to vote

Again, if they have served a sentence why can't they have their guns back?

They were punished right?
They served their time?

They should have their guns back.

FOR GOD SAKE YOUR MOM ASK TO CUTE YOUR PENIS LIKE JEW, AND JIMMY FALLON YOU ARE A CATHOLIC JEW(NON SENSE, LIKE YOUR MOM).

thx leaf

I think that VIOLENT felons should just register their firearms with the local police department so that we can keep a close eye on them.

Is there some shitposting triathlon going on at the moment?

depends. I don't think niggers should be allowed to after they've been convicted of violent crime.

this is how i would change the law if you commit a crime with a gun you shouldnt be trusted with one

some states felons do get their voting rights back and i think one or 2 let you even vote from prison

FOR GOD SAKE YOUR MOM ASK TO CUT YOUR PENIS LIKE JEW, AND JIMMY FALLON YOU ARE A CATHOLIC JEW(NON SENSE, LIKE YOUR MOM). JIMY FALLON THINKF EVEREBODY IS FUNNY LIKE TRUMP AND THE HAIR CUT. THE GERMAN DONT LIKE THE USA AMERICAN BUT THEY LIKE MEXICAN AND CANADIAN(FRENCH).

If you have a criminal record or have mental health issues then you can't get a firearms license in England or Wales.

Inb4 a deadly weapon in bongland is spoons

We can own small calibre rifles and shotguns. Pistols and automatics are forbidden.

what about bikewheels

So many criminals go back to jail very quickly. I think just a little bit of buffer time before they clear NCIS checks again is sufficent. Say, a year.

On some you have to get a judge to restore your rights.

One possible way is to move the burden of proof to the state. Shall issue, and the state needs a compelling reason why you shouldn't.

but then felons have an incentive to just vote their miseries away. Half the time, a felon is just a normal person, who committed an exceptionally stupid act.
My point is that if you can maintain your civility for any amount of time, then you deserve the rights that were bestowed upon you. However if you cannot, then you do not deserve it.

>back
If you can't trust them then they shouldn't have been left out in the first place

faggot im talking about voting rights being given back take your fed ass somewhere else to complain about guns

>but then felons have an incentive to just vote their miseries away.

There are more nonfelons then felons m80 they're a voting minority

Both should be restored. Quit being a freedom hating faggot

Also banned

yes on firearms i can go to a range and shoot all day but i can't own one? stupid stupid stupid.
felons can already vote. in new jersey anyway, i voted for trump.

Only because we don't allow felons to vote. You give voting rights to felons and 85% of Americans go out and commit a felony the next day.

if you break the law with a gun you have no freedom from the consequences

>You give voting rights to felons and 85% of Americans go out and commit a felony the next day.

Did you just pull that out of your ass kid?

The consequences: torture followed by death

Yes I agree. The consequences are pre determined prison sentences

Heh, nice try kiddo, but that's a STRAWMAN.

I want to agree with this.

What sorts of problems or injustices may arise from this? Guns on campus?

They've proven they aren't capable of bearing the responsibility. They can't be trusted not to abuse those rights again, therefore those rights should be forfeit.

THEN THEY SHOULD JUST STAY IN PRISON DUDE HOLY SHIT

Yeah, they should, or in a grave. Right now it's in the middle; it should be one or the other.

Yes.

No

Yes and NO.

If they committed a crime with a firearm NO to gun rights restored.

If they committed a crime with the elections NO to voting rights restored.

Otherwise, Yes they should get their rights back.

What if they commit attempted murder with, say, a knife? Do they get gun rights restored upon release?

Or you could just be rational and realize that the purpose of serving time is correctional and that it's main purpose is to serve a sentence in which you come to the realization that what you did has consequences and it really sucks and hopefully learn from your mistake. Of course I am not saying every person will learn and that all felonies are equal. I just don't see the purpose of punishing after being punished and server time for something you did.

What is the purpose of giving them x many years if it is going to ruin the rest of their life?

I think they should have a probation period after they are released. If they go x amount of years with no problems and are contributing to society they should be able to own and use firearms.

This all being said. I think murderers should be killed for taking someones life. If you take another persons life yours should be taken from you if you are proven guilty with out a doubt. This is not meant for involuntary manslaughter.

not the nigger ones.

Yes, even for a firearm crime "Shall not be infringed" is pretty explicit and odds are if they are going to commit another crime involving a firearm they're going to do it whether or not the government tells them they have lost the right.

YES

Sure, they've done their time, stop manufacturing extra penalties that have nothing to do with the crime.

>once they serve their sentence?

Yes. There's no need to punish them further, if you do you'll just increase the chance of a relapse.
In general the justice system needs to go from punishment-focused to rehabilitation-focused.

Yes because we just want to become normal citezens and takaing away muh right sis pissing em the fuck off

Agreed. If they can't handle rights, then they should be in prison

As long as a gun wasn't involved yes.

What about crime of passion?

no, as a matter of fact if the crime is sufficently bad they should be executed immediately no reason for prison to be a daycare for lawbreakers

What constitutes execution in your fairytale world?

Whatabout ancaps that get caught with weapons and contraband thats illegal? should we be banned from having personal protection for life?

yes

Depends on the case I would say. I can see a lot of reasons why someone who commits a crime of passion could be exempt from never being allowed to hold a weapon again legally and a lot as to why they should never be allowed to hold a weapon again.

Crimes of passion are a difficult thing to judge.

What if I caught my wife of 10 years fucking my neighboor that I hate?

If I kill them both what should my punishment be?

Death.

Very well.

Let's change this up.

If I found an Antifa member just killed my dog with a crowbar while I was at work, and I found him just about to leave my home and I killed him out of rage.

What should my punishment be?

Death.

An animals life is no where near as equal to that of a humans.

I get where you are going with this. This is what I mean by they are difficult to judge and they would need to be treated case by case.

Say you walked into your home and someone broke into your home and you found him raping your daughter. You kill the man out of anger. That would be one that I could excuse.

you are a literal nigger

Vote? Certainly.
Use firearms? It depends if they're a violent offender or not.

no surprise that the canadian values the life of an animal over a human. fucking beastiality mongrel.

For violent crimes? Absolutely not to firearms.
No voting for any of them.
First violent crime? Normal sentence
Second violent crime? Death penalty
Murder? Death penalty

lethal injection or saudi arabia style punishment

ancaps explain please?

Depends on the crime

If you pay for a candy bar you owe the shopkeep nothing

It would depend on what the crime was, if they were going to commit it again, how long their sentence was, and maybe even age. The guy who cheated on his taxes for a few years and got a 20 year sentence, showing to corrections officers that he was truly remorseful could stand to vote and own a weapon. But the guy who killed his wife in a fit of rage, spent some time in solitary confinement and intends to finish the job shouldn't have that ability. It's a case by case basis sort of situation.

Only if they are white

Commiefornian here. Got a felony in Illinois, didn't go to jail only had probation for like 2 years. Completed them, probation, as well as monthly visits to a PO satisfactorily. I can vote because I'm not on any type of parole, or probation. Can still never have a gun again as far as I know. The only way would be to fake residence in Illinois again, probably parents house, and try to get my case either lowered or expunged. Kinda stressful as I really want a handfun, but I know I fucked up and got myself into my own mess.