ITT: what music does Sup Forums listen to?

ITT: what music does Sup Forums listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q1gCsZykg
youtube.com/watch?v=btL7LmMbGYk
youtube.com/watch?v=BoNRioFDEyk
youtube.com/watch?v=YjCNvVrhoLI
youtube.com/watch?v=WUFREEJiGeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FbVdurzst6g
youtube.com/watch?v=xXEHIHtMFL0
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201406/does-playing-musical-instrument-make-you-smarter
youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0b4STz1lo
youtube.com/watch?v=M8UrUWSv2Xc
youtube.com/watch?v=rvaJ7QlhH0g
youtube.com/watch?v=QIWDUClYs6I
youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0UmrCXxVA
youtube.com/watch?v=4-QacmltD4g
youtube.com/watch?v=PeLuQ6X2ixI
youtube.com/watch?v=_9RT2nHD6CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WfjXMV6Y9dk
youtube.com/watch?v=--7bemJNeG4
youtube.com/watch?v=yefWLRXOCms
youtu.be/E6WxMR-iOkw
youtube.com/watch?v=VY1w3EhXqwo
youtube.com/watch?v=quN31eN_ggc
youtube.com/watch?v=cgTF_fNuzXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4rYgf4Gdz9M
youtube.com/watch?v=-bAJM3vGl5M
youtube.com/watch?v=poErxvUjSIU
youtube.com/watch?v=5JqeSU7lSLE
youtube.com/watch?v=-f7QWu8yVq8
youtube.com/watch?v=QR_rKSTM43I
youtube.com/watch?v=9dyxNx5NEPU
youtube.com/watch?v=vqa9xx2vBQc
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
youtube.com/watch?v=ILe60sat4UE
youtube.com/watch?v=APJpRPiSqRE
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=RUIjCmSBSz4
youtube.com/watch?v=huVOo6Trpn0
youtube.com/watch?v=gENtYiBy4qE
youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=_qkP8SvHvaU
youtube.com/watch?v=I7w9otyiE9g
youtu.be/xa4Cf_IuSEI
youtu.be/rX4v2hm5af0
youtu.be/af59U2BRRAU
youtu.be/HEuBVDhTPvo
youtu.be/IUGzY-ihqWc
youtube.com/watch?v=d2lK6rJueeE
youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0
youtube.com/watch?v=fQHto60cDFA
youtube.com/watch?v=hjxjqHK4hjo
youtube.com/watch?v=MSUC9UETukA
youtube.com/watch?v=TQxOvg4Jw5A
youtube.com/watch?v=m-VBI0iFPL0
youtube.com/watch?v=uj4tOl7Cdcs
youtu.be/Z0tGc-zxDY0
fakefour.bandcamp.com/track/i-dont-care
youtube.com/watch?v=OqLAx48Pv_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=htHDYmvHwwk
youtube.com/watch?v=URKHdRmehZc
youtube.com/watch?v=dOaefdy_l5c
youtube.com/watch?v=PzSlmWQuHFw
youtube.com/watch?v=IBDJQF3EXpU
youtube.com/watch?v=uqo0MdK_4qs
youtube.com/watch?v=d_rLQBtlbAs
youtube.com/watch?v=Tz6OUIjtM6E
youtu.be/61b9SvAlE10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q1gCsZykg

Frank Zappa, Johnny Rebel, beefheart, butthole surfers, gid tanner and the skillet lickers, skrewdriver. stuff like that

>Rush
Muh nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=btL7LmMbGYk

I liked all of Rush's albums until they hit Grace Under Pressure and like power windows and hold your fire.

Oh also I listen to too much alt dad grunge and rock. Nirvana. Pearl Jam. STP. Soundgarden. Tool. Radiohead.

Lots of Thrash, Death, Speed, Progressive, Blackened, Speed, and Hybrid versions of thereof genres of metal. youtube.com/watch?v=BoNRioFDEyk
youtube.com/watch?v=YjCNvVrhoLI
youtube.com/watch?v=WUFREEJiGeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FbVdurzst6g

depeche mode

Nujabes, DJ Okawari and the like.

Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Kansas, Gentle Giant, Camel, Steve Hackett, and Popol Vuh are my favorites in that order with the first 3 being interchangeable based on my mood. So mostly prog.

These are good too.

Fugazi and Slint are my favorite bands.
Also progressive rock like

all the bands i like started doing aclu benefit shows.

A lot of stuff. I'm outgrowing metal - nothing wrong with it, but it's just gotten kind of predictable and stale, and the cookie monster vocals are just dumb. If you're into it, cool, but I'm past it now.

If it's 70's hard rock, I own it - Rush, Zep, Aerosmith, all of it. Been on a Cheap Trick kick lately. Bowie, Tull, Genesis, Yes, all of it. I just like music. My favorite female singer is Kate Bush. I love 80's new wave AND new wave of British heavy Metal, I have every Motorhead album, and have seen them more than any band. Punk, awesome - Buzzcocks, Clash, Ramones, Iggy. Not so much Black Flag, but I appreciate them. Had my Zappa years, still have all the albums. Had my prog phase - still listen to Rush and Genesis often. Love classical. I love big band music. I love acoustic guitar, and guys like James Taylor. I listen to pretty much anything, except rap, country, and opera. I don't mind old school hip hop, but I never choose it for myself. One of my favorite bands is Letters to Cleo. The Allman Brothers were genius. Lynyrd Skynyrd is always a good idea. Leonard Cohen was a genius. I really like The Decemberists. I like Pigface, and Hanzel und Greytl.

The only band I've listened to consistently since I discovered them in '78 is Thin Lizzy.

Lately, I've been hauling out my old Dixie Dregs albums. What a great fucking band.

I just like music. Preferably with a guitar. Loud guitars. Radio sucks now, so I make my own playlists - I have 25k songs in my library, I rarely hear songs twice.

Pretty much everything (minus almost everything played on the big radio stations), but mainly prog metal, cloud rap, and avan-garde jazz.

Music is bluepilled. Read a book and sort yourself.

You've got to check out the prog metal scene, groups like Animals As Leaders, Intronaut, Meshuggah, Scale the Summit, there's tons of great stuff happening in overground metal. If you like old prog rock, I can almost guarantee you'll like some of the stuff I mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXEHIHtMFL0

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201406/does-playing-musical-instrument-make-you-smarter

I have tried it. I knew about Meshuggah years ago. It's just not my thing anymore. It's tiring, I've been listening to metal since the early 80's, when I used to go see Metallica and Exodus in the clubs in San Francisco.

Metal is for the young. I'm an old fuck, I don't need metal to burn off testosterone anymore.

>he doesn't like some of Rush's best albums
Look at the pleb with shit taste. Casual-fan Zepplinfag detected.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0b4STz1lo

listening to music is degenerate.

if you want to enjoy music, get yourself some bach or ockeghem score, sit down and read it.

reading music is the only non-degenerate way to enjoy music.

Everything on Sup Forums

Top right is Wagner, in case you plebeians don't know.

Dude, it's music, not a competition. Neal, Geddy and Alex would kick your ass sideways if they caught you being such a douchebag over their music like this.

BTW - the guys in Rush? LOVE Zeppelin.

You're one of those dickheads that suck all the fun and joy out of music, because you're so weak minded and empty, you think someone else's art defines you.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8UrUWSv2Xc
youtube.com/watch?v=rvaJ7QlhH0g
youtube.com/watch?v=QIWDUClYs6I
My favorite artists right now are Big Sean, lil uzi, and lil yachty

You're the equivalent of metal elitists who only listen to 90s Norwegian black metal recorded with a potato, do you suffocate from the lack of air inside your own ass?

no, the fuck i am not, because i'm not such a fool that i have to 'listen' to music. just read it and enjoy the beauty. it's much quieter and more entertaining than having to literally blast the frequencies through air into your eardrums.

>reading music is the only non-degenerate way to enjoy music.

Fuck of Guido d’Arezzo

>he doesn't listen to lo-fi blackened noisecore lowercase ambient pop music with a dream funk twist
What even is the point of living my friendo?

Classical music is best for white people. Intelligent and inspiring.
Stop naming yourself white nationalists and listening to degenerative shit made by psychopaths in tavistock institute.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0UmrCXxVA

2hu music
youtube.com/watch?v=4-QacmltD4g

Understandable, but the rest have clean/no vocals, just straight musicianship.

yummy

youtube.com/watch?v=PeLuQ6X2ixI

right now i'm really into kpop

youtube.com/watch?v=_9RT2nHD6CQ

> I only look at beautiful women and don't have sex with them because just looking at them is more enjoyable than actually fucking them

because music only needs to be 'heard' at all for complete brainlets.

and 90% of all the music that is worth even READING is liturgical settings.

50% of all music worth even knowing about was writ by Bach. and in order to even PRETEND to read bach, you HAVE to read the bible. it is not possible to apreciate a bach cantata without reading the accompanying theological context.

>comparing music to sex

reprehensible.

I adore Death in June.

youtube.com/watch?v=WfjXMV6Y9dk

youtube.com/watch?v=--7bemJNeG4

youtube.com/watch?v=yefWLRXOCms

If this isn't the textbook definition of elitism, I don't know what it. Also, that's subjective.

Hard Rock, Drum and Bass, and Trance mostly

Currently, mostly Lacuna Coil or Evanescence.

Also, Undead Corporation and Wagakki.

Sometimes Anti Nightcore and Nightcore of various bands.

Usually, soundtrack from video games.

I keep changing what I hear, but, it's always somewhere in the Metal sphere...

If you haven't heard of them listen to Current 93

>objectively phenomenal metal band that defies genre
>passion project of the greatest songwriter of our generation
>barely any fans and even most people that listen to metal have never heard of it
Why do people have such shit taste?
youtu.be/E6WxMR-iOkw [Open]

youtube.com/watch?v=VY1w3EhXqwo
Favorite Bach piece.

>music, which is art, which is inherently moral, is subjective

do you hug your mother with the same fingers that typed that excrement?

Avantasia is well known.

>nigger music
back2reddit with you

>starts and the first thing I hear is piano
not metal

Current 93 does have some flashes of brilliance and Tibet's voice is certainly unique, but he's generally an inferior musician to good ol' Douglas P.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

Try Maniac Butcher if you want the real thing:

youtube.com/watch?v=quN31eN_ggc

Yep, and guess what, both of us are musicians. In fact, nearly everyone within my immediate family are or have been. Also, prove that it's inherently moral.

>it's only metal if it mirrors the blackness of my soul, has downtuned guitars, and absolutely no melody
You edgelords ruined metal. Dio is rolling in his grave.

Wait, I never even said music was subjective, I said you method of understanding music being superior was, the fuck are you on?

Here's hoping they have another album in them after Clockwork Angels.

Or at least another book deal.

music has the power to affect the ethos, different forms of music promoting different emotions. given that man is a political animal, no action is without consequences for the polis as a whole. thus, it is necessary that music is regulated by the eldars or the law, in order that music which promotes only the finer and more virtuous ethos can be made and shared. to do otherwise is to neglect a virtue and to cause a harm communally, which, is immoral; literally, demoralizing.

do you really believe everyone should be allowed to just make any kind of music that they wish? -only if music were of no worth would that be wise, and if it were of no worth, it would be wise to ban it, so that peoples time and effort was not wasted.

"Music has the power to affect the ethos," prove it, I'm going to need a source for that claim, also read above.

>Been on a Cheap Trick kick lately
Well that's a spooky coincidence...

"I work harrrrrrrrd
Every dayofmylife"

Hi Styx

What the fuck are you doing?

>Steetlight Manifesto
>Aesop Rock
>Jeff Rosenstock
>Electric Light Orchestra
>Caravan Palace

Am I based?

I listen to a lot of shit honestly. I'm able to enjoy media even if I disagree with its message, despite having strong socio-political views.

The most recent bands I've been listening to include Rush, Farewell Flight, Ween, Ab-Soul, Nas, Wingnut Dishwashers Union, and The Middle East.

I've also been trying to get into death and black metal recently, but I'm coming to the conclusion that it just isn't my thing.

you poor fool. 'durr, does music have the power to effect the ethos? does different music have different effects' i was unaware of the level of fool that i was dealing with.

anyways, Aristotles "The Politics", (1337b4-1338b8 and 1339a11-1342b34)

CCR,Pink Floyd,Dire Straits,The Kinks,T.Rex,Arctic Monkeys,RHCP,AC/DC,Guns n Roses

Various different things.

Have a variety of stuff from the past few days:

>Andrew Bird - Logan's Loop/Pulanski at Night
youtube.com/watch?v=cgTF_fNuzXQ
>Bohemianvoodoo - Nomad
youtube.com/watch?v=4rYgf4Gdz9M
>Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi - Season's Trees
youtube.com/watch?v=-bAJM3vGl5M
>Psalters - Hosanna
youtube.com/watch?v=poErxvUjSIU
>Some song by Aleksei Arkhipovsky
youtube.com/watch?v=5JqeSU7lSLE
>Kishi Bashi album
youtube.com/watch?v=-f7QWu8yVq8
>Christopher Tin album
youtube.com/watch?v=QR_rKSTM43I
>Janelle Monae - Dance or Die
youtube.com/watch?v=9dyxNx5NEPU
>Grimes - California
youtube.com/watch?v=vqa9xx2vBQc
>Wovenhand - My Russia
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc

old 4ad stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=ILe60sat4UE

>what music does Sup Forums listen to?
The rhythmic queefs, trumpeted from your mom's pussy, playing "REVEILLE".

youtube.com/watch?v=APJpRPiSqRE

trance

In a way this makes sense.

The craziest music you will ever hear is isorhythmic motets written by Dufay in the early 1400s. He wrote it for 5 voices using math, yes, math. He could "see the music" in a repeating rhythmic pattern that wrote itself. Basically he used recursion. It sounds like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=RUIjCmSBSz4

Vaporwave for comfy, metal for working out.

I prefer Ott's remix
youtube.com/watch?v=huVOo6Trpn0

youtube.com/watch?v=gENtYiBy4qE
youtube.com/watch?
v=kQMqHrkOIvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_qkP8SvHvaU
youtube.com/watch?v=I7w9otyiE9g

>Andrew Bird

That's one that I've been skipping over in my backlog for a while now. Would you say he's worth a listen?

i love ott especially that album good taste my friend

Philosophical writings, no matter made by who, are not automatically correct. Unless you can provide a source of this claim, I cannot believe you. Surely, if such a thing exists and has existed through out time, it's a provable fact, correct? Also, ad hominem.

youtu.be/xa4Cf_IuSEI
youtu.be/rX4v2hm5af0
youtu.be/af59U2BRRAU
youtu.be/HEuBVDhTPvo
youtu.be/IUGzY-ihqWc

Ever since I got sirius satellite radio ive been listeing to music from the 40s/50s

Makes me feel more white even tho im a nigger for life

youtube.com/watch?v=d2lK6rJueeE

I like the SOUND of Streetlight Manifesto, but they're overwhelmingly lefty in an annoying way. The rest are pretty meh, though i do like some Aesop now and then.

youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

Now Killing Joke is a band that is not mentioned often in Sup Forums, which is odd, because they are pretty popular and into the same anti globalist viewpoints we have. Listen to link related and the rest of the album. European Super State is another highlight. They're pretty much like "that one uncle always talking about conspiracy theories".

Popol Vuh is also a must

youtube.com/watch?v=fQHto60cDFA

too bad his latest album was shit

this might be up your alley
youtube.com/watch?v=hjxjqHK4hjo

nice. I like Beach House too, they remind me of Cocteau Twins.
>you will never understand wtf Liz is singing
youtube.com/watch?v=MSUC9UETukA

Mein neger.
Lucifer is probably my favorite from that album.

Who /power/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=TQxOvg4Jw5A

you've established yourself as someone who decides what is and is not proof based on their whims, you're beyond the reach of reason.

i actually don't think you know what ethos is, or possibly even what music is, for you to imagine that music is without ethical effect.

but of course, you're smarter than aristotle, what can i say?

The realest

youtube.com/watch?v=m-VBI0iFPL0

>Rescue 911

The rest of the album is a disappointment in comparison. But this one track is real as fuck. Great storytelling.

youtube.com/watch?v=uj4tOl7Cdcs

youtu.be/Z0tGc-zxDY0

I love the sound of New Order, Camouflage, and other bands like them

This

Checked, thanks for the share I dig it

>what music does Sup Forums listen to?
BOGDA BOGDA BOGDANOFF

>overproduced
>80s riffs nostalgia
>nothing new
>sounds like it should be in a video game

There must be some weird Finland underground scene w/new music, for example this Leaftard makes "black metal pop music". fakefour.bandcamp.com/track/i-dont-care

Post-punk, Darkwave, Gothic Rock, Coldwave, Underground Techno, Classical and edgy soundtrack / atmospheric stuff that takes itself too seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=OqLAx48Pv_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=htHDYmvHwwk
youtube.com/watch?v=URKHdRmehZc
youtube.com/watch?v=dOaefdy_l5c
youtube.com/watch?v=PzSlmWQuHFw
youtube.com/watch?v=IBDJQF3EXpU
youtube.com/watch?v=uqo0MdK_4qs
youtube.com/watch?v=d_rLQBtlbAs

I used to be really into hard techno, oldschool trance, dnb, but edm normies killed that whole thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tz6OUIjtM6E

Love that one on the dancefloor.

Mate don't say you're "outgrowing" metal when you clearly don't have a very good understanding of it. If you think that metal is predictable and stale and is anywhere near having a single common vocal style, you're completely clueless.

On Youtube:
>The Bong Druid of Mammoth Weed Mountain
>Stoned Meadow of Doom
>666MrDoom

Based on what you've written, you'll probably like:
Mountain Thrower, Lucifer Rising, Lord Fowl, Leeds Point, Whoopie Cat, Highkicks, La Chinga, Apewards, Blues Weiser, Longhare, Mountain Witch, Youngblood Supercult, Bus, Ozone Mama, Standing Sun, The Devil and the Almighty Blues, and that's just the ones that are more rock/blues, letting alone all the heavier metal and instrumentals.

youtu.be/61b9SvAlE10
I know that its mexican but its strangely relaxing

Shut the fuck up I hate people like you.

Kek be praised now and forever, time without end.

The official band of the alt-right!

Poor use of words on my part, I am say that you must prove music can be the defining characteristic in a movement that causes objective wrong doing. It can effect culture, but when has it caused evil? Sure it can effect ethos, but when has music, in and of itself, been used for harm?

oooooh nooooo please don't hate me while you're listening to linkin park.