Trump fucks over his poor voters in Appalachia

Trump's budget would scrap the agency devoted to developing Appalachia

>The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) distributes grants in states that voted for the president, and works to revitalize coal-mining communities.

>... what is notable is his apparent desire to eliminate a federal agency created to improve the lives of many of his own supporters: the Appalachian Regional Commission.

>...Because of its work, the agency told the Lexington Herald Ledger, the number of high-poverty counties in Appalachia dropped from 295 in 1960 to 84 in 2017. The overall poverty rate also decreased since the ARC’s founding, from 30 percent to under 17 percent.

>...Trump’s promise to revitalize the region economically became a centerpiece of his campaign during 2016, and Appalachia overwhelmingly backed Trump in the presidential election; 10 of the 13 states covered by the ARC went to him on November 8, 2016. His proposal to eliminate all funding for the commission—an agency specifically designed to stimulate economic growth in the region—seems to fly in the face of that promise.

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/why-the-appalachian-regional-commission-matters/519876/

Would you look at that, another Shareblue shitpost, easily noticed because of the loaded subject that demonstrates OP desires absolutely no level-headed discussion whatosever and instead just wants to distract and absorb (You)s.

Remember to sage and hide. Always.

Bump for poor people justice.

Bump for justice

Nice try shareblue. Maybe you should actually check out the FAQ for how this forum works, like how you can't bump your own threads.

Sigh

>Appalachia votes for Trump because of muh mining jobs
>Jobs don't come back because of automation
>ACA cuts mean large parts of Appalacia lose health care coverage
>Budget cuts destroy the budgets of the poorest communities of the US.
These retarded hillbillies won't even notice if they lose their health care coverage or if their paved roads become grovel roads.

They'll happily sign up to die in Iran to fight ISIS there.

They'll feel patriotic rather than fucked as soon as the war with Iran begins.

These retarded rednecks are like JAYSUS SAVE ME and MURRICA FUCK YEAH.

They don't care about the economic well being of their communities or the health care situation. They care about keeping men from marrying men and they care about bombing Muslims.

>muh automayshun
>tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs already flowing back to America
>any day now

>tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs already flowing back to America
Most of the jobs coming back are because of low energy prices benefit automation which is the overall trend manufacturing is moving towards.

My point was about coal mining jobs not factory jobs that require a college degree and pay 15$/hour

Coal mining jobs aren't coming back. These people really thought the mines would open again and people would be working underground.

What's going to expand is mountain top removal mining. It's not going to bring back the jobs people who voted for Trump in those areas expected.

DUDE IF I KEEP FUCKING OVER MY REDNECK VOTERS SURELY I'LL BE REELECTED

>live in poorest part of southeast ky
>dad used to haul coal
>told him this shit would happen

If it hasn't worked by now, what makes you think it will work even if it was continued?
>Jobs don't come back because of automation
That's a fucking lie and you know it. Most blue-collar jobs are incredibly hard to automatize.

>Most of the jobs coming back are because of low energy prices benefit automation which is the overall trend manufacturing is moving towards.
Automatization in manifacturing is actually more expensive than keeping the workers you retard.

Sage

> dropped from 1960 to 2017

lolwut. might want to break that down a little more to see if that claim is actually true

Yeah excepting for the fact that given time the technology becomes cheaper.

If it cost less money businesses wouldn't be using automation to cut costs.

Kill yourself, Klaus.

Sudden outpouring of empathy for poor Appalachia by liberals? Looks like they care about the white vote now.

>Yeah excepting for the fact that given time the technology becomes cheaper.
And the first thing it will kill is office jobs because surprise surprise, these pc jobs are the easiest to replace.
>If it cost less money businesses wouldn't be using automation to cut costs.
They do, but paying programmers to maintain the robots is even more expensive in many cases which is the reason why automatization hasn't killed most jobs yet.
>Kill yourself, Klaus.
Kill yourself, you illiterate and uneducated nigger.

Answer: They don't. And neither Texas nor Georgia nor Florida are flipping fast enough to outdo losses in the rustbelt.

>distribute grants
Found the Welfare NIGGER

Fuck off lazy ass

I love how these threads are remarkably silent on Sup Forums. This thread is entirely legitimate and provides evidence and Sup Forums can't refute any of it so they just paint it as shills. Which is interesting but not an argument because it would appear these shills have better points than any of you brown nosing fools

Dad speaks the truth.

>I love how these threads are remarkably silent on Sup Forums.

This along with wars Trump is starting, goldman sachs cabinet, and general retardation is stuff Sup Forums ignores all the time because it doesn't fit their narrow world view of Trump.

>he thinks welfare does anything but keep areas in permanent poverty
You're right that it's not gonna be popular with the voters, but it's far from the same thing as "fucking them over".

>Bump for poor people justice
You disgust me.

> Would bump muh non-disgusting rich people justice

Neither group needs "justice" and you making some dumb thread about welfare-sucking white trash is going to bring them any.

So what do these agencies actually do and where are the testimonies from their beneficiaries?

You might think they're 'trash' but the point remains trump promised them something and not only is he not delivering but he's doing the opposite of what was promised. Maybe that's fine with you but you can't deny this seems like a surefire way to lose the rust belt (read:the entire reason he was elected)

Dude, how new are you? You sound like someone fresh out of reddit or CTR
Anyway, Trump is removing welafer programs meant to keep people subserviant to the govt, and replacing them with massive amounts of blue collar jobs and deregulation to mining practices, SPECIFICALLY coal mining, he signed multiple bills deregulating the use of natural resources in his FIRST MONTH

He promised them jobs, not welfare. But I do agree it's not gonna be popular, there has never been an entitlement in U.S. history that has gotten less popular over time.

>Someone on Sup Forums who DOESN'T support trump and posts reasons for it??
>DUDE you must be CTR or reddit!!
Absolutely disgusting, this place used to be somewhere you could have a conversation you r/the_donald arse licker

No its the way he types and formats posts, selfbumps with facebook tier cats you nigger, obvious newfag I'm a #CruzMissile anyway

> I hate muh Facebook tier cats

Surprising no one.

Good

All welfare needs to be completely eliminated.

>trump cutting all these little grant money laundering special interest groups,
>assblasted rent-seeker employees of said groups acting like the sky is falling when they have to get a real job

your tears sustain me, drain the swamp!

should be run by the state not the federal government. he is doing a fine thing.