How old were you when you stopped being an edgy teenager and abandoned atheism?

how old were you when you stopped being an edgy teenager and abandoned atheism?

My catholic parents raised me without God to test their own faith. Dad is now atheist and mum does "psychic healing" for money.

Your religion gave them the moral justifications to be shit people, atheism just let it out of the box! I'm so glad I never had a sky monster to scare me into singing the same sad song as all the other boys and girls

The blue haired bitch can't undo the miles of dick she's taken.

gook

I abandonned christianity at 6 months old

sage goes in the options field d00d

If you were atheist for the sake of being an edgy faggot, that's on you. If you abandoned logic and reason just because Sup Forums told you you were edgy, that's also on you.

Being an atheist is fine as long as you're not a fedorafag and you acknowledge the importance of Christianity in the fight against Judaism and Islam.

Christian all my life, atheism is practically its own religion from how I've seen some of them go about what they do.

23. Embarrassing it took so long

Atheism is a lack of religion you american dork.

Atheism:
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Thats what i am saying

why do you take everything so literally

he said it's like its own religion you esl fucks

>being an atheist is fine as long as you acknowledge the importance of Christianity

No. Fuck you.

Wasn't Brevik one of those fags?

thank God

14, when one of Brother Nathanael's older videos redpilled me on the Jews.

The fact that "God" does not exist does not depend on my age, how "edgy" I am, what effects a lack of belief in God has on individuals and society.

Suppose for a second that the Christfags are right: atheists are universally leftist teenage degenerates looking for attention who are causing the downfall of society.

Guess what? God still doesn't exist. Sorry.

*tips fedora
You definitely did prove OP right though

>t. sentient fedora

16, when I realized Christianity was the most compatible religion with my political ideologies

Atheism is linked to autism and difficulty with teleological thinking
24 but I'm a little autistic desu senpai

>was big into atheism in highschool when the so-called "new atheists" were getting big
>still an atheist today, over a decade later

Still have not been given a good reason to believe in the existence of a deity.

So nothing to do with whether or not it's true?

I wish I could believe in a deity. I'm sure it'd be nice.

>christians complaining about atheists
>they don't realize christianity is even worse

>Still an edgy teenager

this

so proud he is from my state

Better version.

An earthquake and 5000= people die = it's gods will, his ways are strange to know.

A pretty delusion.

You guys make it seem like it's impossible to be atheist and still be redpilled

Oy vey, goyim! He was just testing them!

I dispensed with that childish nonsense years ago

PRAISE KEK

>nihilism is better

Lol, it's not a sin if I kill you :)

Modern Christianity has been neutered. That's why we'll go after Islam first and Christianity later.

Judaism is irrelevant.

Only a low-IQ moron would abandon a belief based on reason and rationality because he worries about the social consequences of it among his peer group.

Thanks, user.

LOL typical athiest. If it's the absence of belief, then why do you get so defensive when people compare it to a religion?
>Because you let it define you in the same way Christians or Muslims use their religion to define themselves.
It has litterally become a religion of edgy teenagers.
Before ((athiesm)) became cool, people just didn't give a shit. Now the have their own religion around the idea of not believing in a god.
>it's not a religion if you don't believe in a god.jpg
Uh-huh...

So atheism is a belief now?
Science is based on reason/logic and is compatible with Christianity, it is you ath*ists who constantly put science on the pedestal and produce a materialistic regime being held high as the "absolute truth".

Side note, but I immediately killed that annoying edgy blue-haired fuck within 2 seconds of being given the option.

>2017
>he fell for the materialism meme

>what is Platonism?
>what is sacred geometry
>what is 3000 years of western inquiry into the nature of God?

I was never Athiest.

I've always been an Agnostic.

Anything else is a lie and filled with cult mentality.

>stupid hue having an opinion and thinks anyone cares

Kill yourself, you might go to hell, might get re incarnated
Surely an intelligent man such as yourself would be inclined to perform the scientific process.

It's a matter of faith and belief. It's Truth to me, even if I don't fully understand it.

Maybe for you godless barbaric nips

Religion is man-made and proofless - try again child

Prove it or GTFO

Religion is just believing what you were told as a child, there's literally no proof for any sort of god. The only reason you believe in any religion is because someone told you to. That's why Muslims are not Christians and Buddhists are not Jews.

At age 15 after recieving an unction from a preacher and feeling stripped from guilt or sadness
I know something or someone is out there and is really powerfull, I'm not a christian thought
>Own dusty bible the preacher gave me and a new testament someone gave me
>Have considered reading them
Is it worth it lads?

Why do you care that I hold the belief that it could be anything and is beyond my current means of knowledge? The lack of evidence doesn't suggest that there isn't something. We don't know what happened before the big bang, it's all theories, we don't know what happens inside of a black hole, only theories. Hell we don't even know what happens at the event horizon, it's still theories.

You're joking if you think otherwise.

>muh proofs

Lmao get out of here leaf. This is a board for philosophical discourse

Do it, friendo.

And watch some Jordan Peterson lectures while you're at it.

You know whats most deadening and defeating of christianity? Its not evil, evil would make sense as it would be in opposition to good. Its not good as well as it would also fit as part of this greater struggle.

The thing that completely destroys religious lore is neutral events that do not make sense. That do not fall into any kind of crevice of reason or logic, that defy any kind of meaning or purpose.

There are many of these kinds of events, and they come and go without reason. They do not appear as either devils or angels. Because how does a math script that affects you, or more intricate things like the technology that you have be good or evil?

Well it doesnt. Chemical storage of waste is not done by demons or angels, yet it still happens, and sometimes containers leak and then contaminate you and give your kid cancer.

Now there are many things like that in reality, too many to count them really. And the only way to deal with them is through absurdism, through nihilism. Because as meaningless as these events are, in order to process them and to live with them one cannot be religious.

The fact of the matter is that reality is neither evil nor good, but what is, is that its unknown. And anyone willing to fuck with it has a bigger chance to change it, that someone who is not willing.

>lmao proof and logic are just for edgelords
think about who is actually the edgelord here

This. It's possible, maybe even likely that there is some kind of creator whatever form it takes be it sentient or non-sentient somehow. This doesn't mean one HAS to exist. Pretending to know things you don't is childish.

>Why do you care that I hold the belief that it could be anything and is beyond my current means of knowledge?
Because I love you enough to want you to go to Heaven user

>muh the fact that proofs exist prove a transcendental objective and attainable truth

33. I was a hardcore Sam Harris follower. I watched him debate with all the big names and was a pretty convinced atheist.

I still don't belong to any religions. But basically I read this book: Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences; which I pirated, and became pretty convinced there is an afterlife.

What was interesting was the consistency of NDE's throughout different cultures. They all had certain hallmark characteristics, yet somehow also conformed to the persons cultural beliefs. Almost as if God doesn't give a shit what people believe and will roll with whatever the people are comfortable with.

Kind of a shocking thing to religions, a God with enough self esteem to not give a fuck what people think or believe about him.

>blindly believing something someone says without thinking about it is a good thing

So where is blue-hair from?

Life is Strange, it's a story-based game about a hipster teen and her edgy friend and also there's time travel

thats true, its not. regardless of what you do, when you die youll go to the same place as everyone else. a hole in the ground or an oven

>God with enough self esteem to not give a fuck what people think or believe about him.

This is my God.

He also punishes true evil and ensures that justice is always enacted on those that cause suffering for the people around them.

I'm not christian, but I use the old and new testament as a reference on how to handle certain things.
Old Testament is redpilled in every sense but the jews being sacred.

>mum does psychic healing for money
This is your argument against religion? I live in the most secular territory, and it has the worst people I've ever seen.

There is a common theme among NDE's of a life review. And people report that its like watching a movie of your entire life, except you feel how your actions made everyone else feel around you. All the good you caused, or all the pain you caused, you get to experience that first hand.

Seems pretty just to me, you get exactly what you gave. And hopefully that's going to be nice experience.

Deus vult LARPers are the real edgy teenagers, not atheists.