Highways in germany

highways in germany
>free
>no maximum speed
>50 of them
highways in poland
>200km for a half of one's day earning
>maxium speed of 140km/h (86 miles) while in germany 180km/h (111 miles) is recommended
>2 highways

Other urls found in this thread:

citylab.com/commute/2016/01/highway-boondoggle-uspirg/424700/
gizmodo.com/5857416/why-american-roads-are-so-bad
robbreport.com/aviation/airbus-unveils-flying-car-concept
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so
What do you imply

Highways in australia
>pay tolls every 5 km
>speed limited to 100km/h
>traffic only goes 80km/h anyway

everything would be perfect if my ancestors escaped to germany some years ago

The more west you go the more infrastructured you get lol

Guess why.
We have a big car industry, all these dumb sheeps need a reason to buy a 40k euro car so they can drive 220km per hour to feel feel and crash into another car.

There is another alternative which would have resulted in great roads in Polen.

Is this so? I thought your road infrastructure was quite good and traffic flow decent. Say if you're travelling from Sydney to Melbourne how much would it cost in toll?

This. It is the biggest thing I'm jelly of Goymans. Our roads are garbage. It's all a giant scam.
Sucks to build highways in the 21st century ;^(
All developed countries built them long time ago when labor and land was cheap, everything just went smooth.

Imagine getting a blowout or a semi jack knifing going 110. Holy shit

highways in germany
>no maximum speed
???
If I had to guess (just from experience), I'd say around 50% is capped at 120

This is based on the north-western part of Germany though. No experience on the other parts

Though know this: Americans have somewhat similar problems pulling of their highways. Although they already have a fuckton of them, so it's not really similar, but nice to hear that bestest country ever has problems such as this:

citylab.com/commute/2016/01/highway-boondoggle-uspirg/424700/

The recommended speed in Germany is 120km/h, dunno where in the hell you'd get the idea fucking 180 is recommended.

>The recommended speed in Germany is 120km/h
Not for us, user ;^)

Also it really is unlimited in reality, unless there's large traffic, or a special area like tunnel, intersections, lane changes all that shit.

i meant minimal is 180 and recommended is 300

Don't fall for this dumbass anti-car left wing rhetoric.

>huurr duurr there's no point building more roads because they will just be filled with more cars

Yeah no shit, so there's no point building new schools because they will just be filled with more students, new hospitals with more patients, new homes with more people etc. By the logic of these retards, we shouldn't invest in public transport either because new metro lines or bus routes are usually filled to capacity after one year from opening.
The "induced demand" meme is the greatest lie ever told by anti-car hippies.

130kmh is recommended.

Poland, we like you guys. You keep doing you.

I'm not falling for it, just saying that you have infrastructure problems like us slavshits too: gizmodo.com/5857416/why-american-roads-are-so-bad

>huurr duurr there's no point building more roads because they will just be filled with more cars
It's somewhat true though, unless you build enough of them and car population doesn't grow as fast, as in Germany. But you're big country, and car is basically the only practical transportation. So yeah, you'd need to build a whole fuckton of highways like China to fit all these cars.

yeah but no polish culture or heritage

fuck that, go anchluss the middle east, the krauts are half way there

Also I love how the further you go east the less highways there is, kek. Almost as if all these countries are megashitholes or something.

Highway density in Germany and Netherlands is fucking insane. You build these things for sport?

>Almost as if all these countries are megashitholes
>Almost

so do we need highways at all in this case?

Zero dollars. Only some metropolitan roads are tolled (in Pozbourne at least, Sydney might be fucked though)

>You build these things for sport?

Actually yes

Let's just build flying cars.
Seriously it's been 10 fucking years and it's still pathetic. It's going to take like 200 years to get to the level of France.

>hundreds of thousands of people commuting in hackable 9/11 machines
sounds gr8

Autonomous
robbreport.com/aviation/airbus-unveils-flying-car-concept

Those desolate country roads you see between cities, you can go for 50km and not see a town. City traffic is hell, average speed last year of 30km/h on mornings and afternoons. But the highest speeds in Australia are I think 110km/h.

>It's going to take like 200 years to get to the level of France
Eastern Europe =/= Western Europe

Eastern Europe was comparable to the 2nd one about until 18 century. Those are completely 2 different regions, histories. Demanding that Eastern becomes like Western is deluding yourself with the impression that Europe is somehow one, similar and united. Even look at the Muslim threat, Europe is broken in half, those fates have long ago been loosened

It's not. Western Europe to us, is as distant in any measure as the USA or Japan. If you look at Western Europe in this way, you'll spare yourself disappointments, because Western Europe is close to Eastern only geographically

>2 highways
What the fuck poland, how do people get around your country without being in a fucking traffic jam for 7 hours a day?

Maybe the trains are good?

highways in Seattle
>speed limit is 60 mph
>actually drive at 5 mph stop and go
>can only get place to place on the highways because there are no good back road routes

It's really amazing what you can do with just a few dozen billion today's dollars from the Marshall Plan.

>comparing USA and Japan
Japan is ahead of USA in terms of infrastructural development. Asians are actually better at this than white man.

Fucking Japs

They don't call them slopes for nothing

apparently CalTrans did a study as to why there is so much traffic in Los angeles and they found out that its not the freeways themselves but actually that the streets could not cope with amount of cars and that would back everything up to the freeways