Fell for the trade school meme

I graduated trade school in 2015 and still haven't found a job. I studied electrical engineering technology, and tried to find the following jobs: engineering technologist, electrical designer/drafter, estimator, project coordinator, technical support, sales representative, field service technician, PLC programmer, systems integrator. According to the school and the instructors, these are the jobs I was trained to do. After that didn't work I tried to get an apprenticeship as an electrician or power linesman, applied to lots of companies(commercial, industrial, and residential) but was rejected every time, applied to all the local unions but they're not accepting new members. I even tried to find a job at a hardware store selling electrical supplies but was rejected for being overqualified. I spent $1000 on safety tickets and certifications because most jobs require them, now after 3 years they've all expired and I need to spend another $1000 to update them and continue my futile job search.

I expanded my job search to all of western Canada because I was told to "move where the work is", all that came from that was a single phone interview from a small town in northern BC. I used a fake address on my resume to make it seem like I was a local resident to all the towns I applied at, but it still didn't work. I am utterly baffled at how difficult it is to find a good job.

Now i'm 25 and drive a forklift making $18/h while 22 year old kids are graduating university into good careers making 70k starting.

Your only option is to give up your masculinity, get a job through trans affirmative action, and then transition back to being male.

start smoking weed. thats what most of us trade fags do to prevent the feeling of knowing what you just said

Move to the U.S.

blame the niggers and the jews, and apply for welfare like a ni- I mean proud white man!

there is nothing wrong with receiving benefits as long as you're white and playing video games!

Why the fuck would think you would get a job in engineering after graduating from a trade school when there is an over saturation of engineering students with college degrees competing for the jobs you want? You entered in one of the most competitive jobs in STEM. You dun goofed son.

Getting welfare in Canada is really hard, I believe, if you're a fucking white male.

>canada
move to the US you'll find a job in no time

>studied civil engineering
>country is in crisis
>no job

Is laborcucking really that bad? I'm thinking of dropping out of my debt-free stem major so I can wagecuck for jaw and nose surgery.

Uni isn't that great lads

The college is meme is worse OP

Im a sophmore and im thinking of dropping out.

Stress-filled days, tons of homework, having to get up for stupid pointless fucking lectures, not to mention, mid terms and finals.

I know 2015 graduates from demanding majors who are still looking for a job.

>Job market over-saturated
> Too much competition
> Bachelors degree useless for finding a half decent job
> Automation taking over fast

Its just simply not worth it anymore in 2017. college is a fucking scam.

I used to smoke weed but stopped to get my shit together hence going to trade school, but now I realize it was all for nothing. I hear stories of crack-cocaine smokers able to get jobs in the trades but I can't.

I wish

I'm not an engineer I would be a technologist if I could actually find a job. I don't know why engineering is pushed so hard I work with 2 engineers stuck in a labour job, and my friend is getting a masters degree because undergrad didn't get him a job.

You can't just move to the US, you need to have at least 5-10+ years of experience in a very high demand occupation

Lol BTFO. I graduate from CS this year.

>$18/h
But this gives $170k a year for a 40h work week.

Do you have a job lined up? If you don't your chance of finding one begins to decay exponentially after graduating. After 1 year another class is graduating and your chance falls to zero as companies will hire the fresh graduates over you.

That's why I didn't go. I knew I would feel like a jackass waking up to listen to some idiot talk about BS and then hand out some homework, and I'm not smart enough to graduate with a STEM degree without suiciding.

So a friend and I started a construction company. Business is pretty good and we're getting more calls every day. Its sink or swim from here on out, but its nice waking up with an actual purpose in the morning.

this

>argentinian mathematicians

gl user

i have respect for your courage to start your own endevour.

obviously it's your fault; either that or you're the most unlucky person of the face of the earth. maybe you were just destined to drive a forklift forever. now go to bed and rest up because those pallets aint gonna move themselves tomorrow.

18/h * 40h * 20 days * 12 months

Don't. Just power through. Your future self will appreciate it

NEET detected. Tomorrow is Sunday.

18 x 40 hours x 49 weeks = $35,000

Basically a poverty wage

I'm a fucking retard, nevermind.

doubt it

Please be bait

>trade school

>EET

EET is a meme. You're literally better off with an associates in EE.

Still, though, I think the real problem is that you're a leaf, and leafs can't afford high-paying tech jobs anymore because of all the refugees.

No, it gives 37k
18d/h * 8h/d * 5d/w * 52w/y = 37440d/y

I was thinking of going to a Trade school for electrical enginnering and after reading that...
I feel dead inside.
(what the fuck am i supposed to do with my life now)

I already have a job interning.

18 * 40 = 720 (week)
720 * 4 = 2880 (month)
2880 * 12 = 34560 (year)
19%~ to taxman = 27950 (Ontario tax rates)

>19%~ to taxman
Please take me in.

My university experience was near-worthless, so I dropped out and have been making a shitty video game instead

Canada doesn't have associates degrees, you wither go to trade school for a 2 year diploma or you get a 4 year university degree

>Still, though, I think the real problem is that you're a leaf
Correct, our economy is a meme

You live in America(4.5% unemployment) you could find a job easy, Canadian economy revolves around selling overpriced houses so there's not much here

I wanted to study CS but I'm too old now, feels bad man

goodjob

thats why im dropping out of college and hoping to be self employed soon

If you are white, move to America.

>I used a fake address on my resume to make it seem like I was a local resident
>all that came from that was a single phone interview
NO WAY

Oh, so you got the equivalent of an AA in EET? That's basically as good as any other "general science/engineering" as far as a job, then.

The problem is employers never know that's what they need. They either think they need an engineer (EE) or a programmer (CS) and EET looks like IT on paper.

How much of your program was just learning how to solder? Soldering jobs don't require degrees of any kind, since the companies will just do on-the-job training for it instead.

I'm cracking up looking at this
18 dollars per hour ese, do that for lik 40 hours a day, 20 days out of the month homes, do that every month and you get 170k dollars, odele
Fucking Argentinians are the Mexicans of South America

It's all about how good are your social skills, networking, and nepotism or you could start your own business

Trade schools here in Canada are obligated to help set you up with work. OP is a lying faggot.

I'm tired, please stop with the bullying or I'll contact the FBI.

It may not be that great but not great is still a huge step up from what us labor cucks experience

What fucking 22 year old kids are graduating university making 70k

that is fucking bull shit, most of the university fags are in a worse position than you

biochmiestry degree here. haven't worked in my field EVER graduated yearssss ago

>go to google maps
>find an apartment building
>use the address

Do you think they actually came to my door to find me?

This. Nepotism is important if you want a *good* job right out of college with no relevant experience.

Other ways to get that experience include:

* Working
* Making connections with neighbors who work in that field (basically DIY nepotism, I have a friend who did this)
* Building your own career (This is difficult in the current economy, because of how choked small businesses get by legal stuff)

You know you can check people's addresses online, don't you.

Darwinism at it's best

Lying is bad regardless

COME TO THE STATES!!! WORK FOR MILITARY COMPANIES!!!

Hate to break it to you, but in the US an engineering grad can start out making 75k right out of school, basically no questions asked. It really is a magic piece of paper.

The downside is you'll be relegated to doing boring-ass paperwork for the rest of your life, and touching your actual field once or twice a month.

Military companies hate hiring foreigners because they have a much harder time getting clearances if they move up the ladder. You need a significant edge to even be considered.

Lol call it what it is a 2 yr diploma.

I quit electronic engineering tech diploma after i realized how vague it really is. Went into a more focused program that accepted half my credits with a defined job at the end. Now im set for life. Youre just too dumb to leverage a vague diploma.

First greatest ally knows the truth people need to work on their social skills so many people are lacking it

Move to the US. A buddy of mine has a job lined up at a local place when he gets done with trade school. Dude's gonna start out making $58k before taxes two years after graduating. He's working at the same place as another friend's father, who pulls just over $100k now. For a small city in Upstate New York where everything is cheap as hell that's a good amount of cash.

>in the US
got my degree in the US and had to go back to canada because it was impossible to get a job there

Where did you go? If you want the jobs I'm referring to you have to live in the middle of bumfuckistan, so you might not have seen them.

People talk about silicon valley, but the real engineering jobs are in the west and midwest, in the middle of giant deserts.

move to vancouver and get a job in construction

FUCK SAKE

you're right lol

just wait til we pull out of nafta leaf, and the leaf dollar collapses faster than it did under daddy trudeau in the 70s

stay with roommates, find them on classifieds websites like craigslist. advertise services on craigslist and other places

Confirmed for never going to a trade school

>host a job fair, most of the companies tell you to apply online and give you a free USB stick or pen
>school has a job board, most jobs posted are just ripped off indeed.com, are barely related to your course, and few in number with hundreds of student applying to the same job

Schools only help if it's a co-op program and even then you're on your own most of the time

It was that or having my resume sent to the trash

Maybe in the UK

I should have dropped out during the first year when I was offered a sheet metal apprenticeship when looking for a summer job

>i want to post a personal blog
>hmm which board
>/adv/
>NO
>/r9k/
>NO
>Sup Forums
>NO
>/soc/
>NO
>Sup Forums - Politics
>PERFECT

Not politics. stop posting off topic shit and sliding you fucking brainlet.
Sage this shit thread

Did you do it at SAIT?

Make guitar pedals. You can start by cloning already existing pedals. If you can design your own circuits even better.

Pretty easy work for extra money.

ASU. I'm set now, have a great job and great salary... but 60k of debt was fucking useless. most science fields are trash (biology, chemistry, physics, biochemistry majors)

Yep. Trade Jobs are for all the brown people that have been imported into white countries. Anything blue collar is far beneath a white man's designated position in life.

You should have gone to college for a career that was in high-demand instead of listening to all the poor white trash that is on Sup Forums.

It's not too late. Go back to college as soon as you can and when you are wealthy and successful remember to NEVER listen to anything some low-life tradie scumbag has to say. They are like dogs and should be talked down to with an authoritarian demeanor and tone of voice.

Yes

fpbp

>It was that or having my resume sent to the trash
Are you retarded?

I hope to god this happens. earn US dollars and waiting for the big collapse to convert my savings

too old? how old

Most of the job ads stated "local candidates only" or "candidate must reside within driving distance"

>Buddy goes for carpentry in high-school program where the highschool pays for your trade course
>highschool finishes
>he completes his carpentry course
>immediately starts working for a dock building company on the lake
>within the year is driving a new truck
>to this day has a couple vehicles, quads, sleds, etc and a load of dosh.

k

Grahm had a sex change lol

Exactly, idiot

Highschool isn't a trade school, what was the point of your post? I know people who did the RAP program too

DO you have basic reading comprehension? No wonder you can;t get a job you inbred fuck.

THE HIGHSCHOOL PAYS FOR TRADE-SCHOOL COURSES THAT YOU TAKE DURING GRADE 12.

Don't worry, OP: it will get shittier once the dotcom 2.0 bubble bursts.

move to seattle and live in the ghetto.
they will hire you as almost anything construction related if you can fluently speek english.

Exactly what? If a job ad states "local candidates only" and they get a resume from somebody in a city 1000km away I doubt they're going to call you, hence using a local address on your resume

What does your friend becoming a carpenter in high school have to do with trade schools being obligated finding you a job? You appear to be confused

Ok random guy here's what you do, learn how to crimp a F connector and go work for shaw or telus. They'll train you anything you don't know, but it's basically just running cables, testing lines and installing demarcation points. Have fun. Plus the companies are always expanding to new customer areas.

Holy fuck you're stupid, the highschool pays for you to go to trade school, which you go to in place of highschool during grade 12, how fucking hard is that to understand? HE WENT TO TRADE SCHOOL. AND THEY HELPED HIM FIND HIS JOB THAT HE HOLDS TO THIS DAY.

You're so fucking stupid I'm not surprised you didn't get a job, I bet there were several postings at your trade school that would have hired you and you couldn't understand them.

What the fuck is wrong with you? What do you think is going to happen when they find out you are not a local candidate? And, even if they decide it is okay anyway, do you think they want a liar?

Dock building company? Lmao how is that even a thing? How can there even be enough demand for dock building where are they building these docks? The lake? Which lake? They only build docks on this one lake? Sounds like a bullshit job, I could see a construction company that does docks on the side but having a company specifically for building docks? LOL

>He was actually dumb enough to fall for Sup Forums 'advice'

Yes they HELP you find a job, they don't GIVE you a job

I've had 3 job interviews from my trade school but there's tons of competition it's not like you get a job just because you apply

They usually give a few days notice before an interview, then you drive there for the interview, and if you get the job the start date is usually like a week or so after so you have time to move

If OP was smart he would be asking for your friend's contact information for him to help him get into the trades sector Nepotism always wins

It's your own fault that you're an unlikeable faggot. Not the trade school's or the education system's.

Too bad he's never networked in his life

>18/h * 40h * 20 days * 12 months

look at all this water you dumb retard. how long have you lived in this country? DOcks don;t only need to be built once, they need to be maintained/repaired/replaced.

Didn't graduate until 23, but yeah, $80k starting in comfy Midwest (aerospace engineering)

Git gud

I see like 5 towns on the water in that map, your full of shit bud theres no dock building companies Ive been an albertan for 26 years never east of meadow lake saskatchewan so go fuck yerself

>what is travel

are you a fucking caveman?

>while 22 year old kids are graduating university into good careers making 70k starting.

Horseshit.

I'm graduating this year with a Chem degree, and I know it's shit.

Don't know if I should do the masters or cut my losses and just go back for CS

lol, finding a job has never been a problem for me. I know exactly how to tailor/pad the fuck out of my resume/cover letter. As well as I'm a god when it comes to interviews because i'm an excellent public speaker.

I overperform on interviews and disappoint on the job lmao

i could give you my tips but then every joe shmoe on this board would know my secrets.