Ukraine

Can someone help with my lack of information on the Ukrainian situation? I've done a bit of research, but there's obvious bias everywhere, and I'm still not even quite 100% sure what's going on.
My understanding so far:
>Stalin gave Crimea to Ukraine as a meme.
>Crimeans still identify as Russian
>Crimea holds a referendum; >90% of Crimeans want to be Russian
>Ukraine thinks it's illegitimate; Russia enforces it
>DPR in the east wants independence
>Russia (who supports any independence movement east of Poland) backs them

Is there anything I'm missing? Am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_transfer_of_Crimea
liveuamap.com/
fort-russ.com/?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crimea is 100% Ukranian. Every other opinion on the subject just shows that you're a brainwashed by the Kremlin propaganda cuck, and probably a deplorable drumpfkin as well.

Crimea annexation was a war crime. A retaliation for the people rising against their illegitimate president who had just murdered 200 women and college kids protesting in Maidan square. As americans we should support these oppressed europeans who only seek sovereignty and freedom.

43 pro Russians were burned alive in Odessa you cuck. The western part of the country took control even tho they had like 40% of the population and declared it "democratic". Crimea already wasn't cool with the riots and wanted to keep the yankouvich government because it was pro Russian. So Purim had an election and unsurprisingly Crimea voted to join Russia. Crimea is very strategic to Putin and serves as a future economic and politcal purpose. Later there was theories the entire east would split but it never went bat far. Eventually pro Russian anti maidan groups rose up across east Ukraine. Three movements were successful the Kharkov, Luhansk, and Donetsk republics. Kharkov fell after a college of days but the other 2 lasted until today. The Ukrainians famously defeated the novo Russians in slaoviansk and besieged Donetsk and Luhansk but they were crushed by a stratigic offensive and pushed the Ukrainians as far as Mariupol. They attakced the Ukrainians and crushed them again in debelstive killing over a thousand Ukrainians which was at the beginning since 2015. Since then it's been a frozen conflict as the Ukrainian government is falling apart and is to corrupt to defeat rebels which were also supported by Russia but you get what I mean. Ukraine is currently butblasted by it and will eventually become Russia's puppet to prevent full collapse. Meanwhile Russia got hit hard by the sanctions they couldn't really do much as they already crossed a line with Crimea so they just left it frozen.

>Stalin

>supporting a president who had 200 college kid protesters cut down in the streets
>implying this isnt the russian army

Khruschev did.
Mostly, even though there are not only russians in crimea.
>Crimea holds a referendum; >90% of Crimeans want to be Russian
The referendum was a forced meme, but crimeans mostly did wanted to join russia, thats true.
>Ukraine thinks it's illegitimate; Russia enforces it
Da
>DPR in the east wants independence
Da
>Russia (who supports any independence movement east of Poland) backs them
Da

>Is there anything I'm missing?
Ukraine is not a country and should be wiped out from the map

Crimea was stolen. If Putin wanted to get this pile of crap through legal way he should've used the help of UN

fpbp

Only because Stalin deported all the Tatars from there and replaced them with Russians.

Crimea is neither Russian nor Ukrainian. It's Tatar/Turkish clay.

There would be nothing of it if Ukraine didn't have a coup that kicked off friendly to the Kremlin politicians.

Ukraine undergone a bit of turmoil with applause from MSM, overall a dirty business, the Kremlin responded accordingly.

So I guess the ethnic Russian people should just lay down and die because the democratically elected government was replaced by a literal fascist?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_transfer_of_Crimea

De Jure Crimea is Ukrainian and that pretty much ends all of the disputes, Russia is just practicing conquest in the old school imperialistic style.

the land belongs to the people living there, and if they choose to leave and they can then no one can say otherwise

>Ukraine is not a country and should be wiped out from the map

Why do you think so?

good goy, European clay belongs to Turks because of their chimpout 400 years ago

>Stalin gave Crimea to Ukraine as a meme
It wasn't Stain but Khruschev

You're missing the early 90s referendum. When everyone was leaving the USSR the newly formed Ukraine held Crimea from leaving at gunpoint, more or less.

So you wouldn't mind if France funded and supplied Quebec nationalists with military equipment?

Yeah there was already such a referendum where Crimea wanted to become independent but Ukraine didn't recognize it

There was two referendums actually, one before the commie coup and one after it. All within a year, the same year.

Before the commies chimped-out Ukraine wanted to stay within the USSR, AFTER Yeltsin had seized power there was no point in doing that. They were told to fuck off.

Ukraine didn't decide anything about their own fate. All the things that matter happened in Moscow in 1991.

You forgot 2 important things OP:

1. Russia needs Crimea as a naval base for projecting its power worldwide. Without Crimea, the only access Russia has to the Atlantic is through the North, which is often blocked by ice.

2. The USA used the Crimea situation to try and bring Ukraine into the EU and, once again, push the Putin=Hitler meme.

DPR is a meme, Russia won't take them, they can not manage on their own, their leaders are bandits (there's a lot of infighting between them), honestly they're fucked and I feel sorry for the people of Donbass who have to suffer

Most Ukrainians don't even want to join the EU.

It's sad what happened. Ukraine is a beautiful country with beautiful people. Fuck both Russia and the US/EU and their geopolitical proxy wars.

>Ukraine is a beautiful country with beautiful people.
Unless you interact with them :^)

I can't say how they behave with foreigners, but as a Russian i don't talk to them at all. They are rude and have no respect for individual opinions. Either you are with them or you are enemy of the people, retardness and righteousness.

tey say the same about you

>>Russia (who supports any independence movement east of Poland) backs them

Putin is totally cucked on this issue, there's a lot of resentment towards him on this within Russia actually.
Very little is done to support the Soviet Russian diaspora stranded in the new meme countries that hate them at all.

(you)

Not Stalin, but khokhol khrushchev.
Fuck off, liberast.

Tatars were invaders themselves. And they raided, killed, enslaved Slavs for centuries. They've got what they desrve.
And you are a cuck for defending mudslims.

I don't give a fuck what you think pshek.
I care about what I and others here think.

Basic gestalt from 2013 onwards:

>'colour' revolutions have been sweeping through countries for a while and outing regimes, notably Georgia in 2008 and arab spring
>these revolutions are ostensibly pro-democracy/west, and naturally supported by U.S. Depending on who you ask were also funded by the same usual suspects which gets into a whole other clusterfuck
>Ukraine has one, govt. is kicked out
>Country, especially Crimea, is split between people honestly wanting reform and people thinking it's a ploy just to get Ukraine in NATO and EU
>Russians get involved, again whether Kremlin directly ordered it like in Georgia depends on who you ask
>current Ukrainian govt can do jack shit about the chaos
>frozen conflict in eastern Ukraine since

I've no idea about the referendum tbf, on the one hand I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be rigged given the chance, but on the other Crimea is and was full of Russians.

>he should've used the help of UN
This must either be bait or a proxy.

No culture, Russian clay, a failed state living in complete poverty and the "elite" that are trying to squeeze water from a bone dry rock. Why should it exist?

Also the only international recognition of Ukraine, the Cossacks, actually are pro Russian and fight on the side of rebels.

I like you. Marry my cousin.

I thought Russia killed people like you.

Russians are doing fine it's the Ukrainians that can't govern themesleves Ukraine is better off being part of its neighbors.

Crimea is ethnically diverse and has a 60% Russian majority. Obviously it's Russian the tatars are a minority's and I think that a tiny autonomous Tatr republic should be placed in central Crimea.

liveuamap.com/

Try:

fortruss.blogspot.com

southfront.org

thesaker.is

>thesaker
that is russian infowars, but far more shitty

Newsflash kermit, you're not the puppet-mastero buth rather a natural desaster to your moms vagina,
meat curtains? meet kermit the kindred killer of brain cells all around the known k-lobe, you green

fuck.
Bet your asshole is as black as a detroit supernova, sucking in all that vital black-light semen you so

desperately need to survive the coriolis effect in your fucking green eggplant of a left-turning of a

space station you textile tsunami.
You won't terraform my property either, ya green betch.
Smart? Rather dark, like the nigger cock you suck at night in the park,
high on glue, you even shot the deputy you honourless green bag of rotten molester-slant-eyed mint.
The brithish should've sown you into cowskin after forcing you to breed in a pond of native-piss for

two generationss, you hearthless monster,
killings millionso f colonist families, rading their farms at night then there were (white) women and

(black) children in that cuck-village, you jealous MONSTER!

The second I found out your mensturation-pond of origin I bought a truckload of cement and buried that

everglade-shithole of a green-pest birthing life-soup under a Adele-acre of nazi-concrete.

You have nowhere to return to now, slut.
You can run but you can't hide, frogh-snitch.

mY Stork-henchman are flying sorties day and night.
Surrender now and I may show mercy for your pityful green existence and let you live a nice quiet life

behind bars of peanut-chocolate (which I know you are allergic to).
You are wrong.

>TL;DR Chuck Berry is Kill

Saker is a military consultant from Florida or something. He's an American.

>help of UN
are you of kiddings me?

You are missing one point

>In 1991 Ukraine traded to Russia 1/3rd of USSR nuclear arsenal, that were stationed in Ukraine for long time, for independence as a country
That was the mistake that they made
Now they don't have those nukes and because they don't have nukes and aren't in some alliance with nukes they won't have much independence

If anything, Crimea is a historic Turkroach land. Tatar is just a synonym for Turk.
Crimea never had anything to do with MaloRossiya (""Ukraine"""). Khrushev gave it to Ukraine as a birthday present for his Ukr wife.

They still had 3rd biggest nuclear arsenal in the world in 1991 fucking idiot
They just sold/scraped them because they're niggers

And you think maintaining nukes and delivery systems is something these dumb saloniggers could do for 26 years?

They let 90% of the leftover armor and artillery they got to RUST. What a mockery of a comment.

Ok point noted
They did it in 1994, not 1991
And they sold them to Russia for guarantee of independence of Ukraine and USA and UK signed it too - so USA and UK haven't paid their obligations to Ukraine to defend them

Why are there no ukraine generals? Or has it died down by now

Why don't you browse to SNAPCHAT Y .ME to fap to your ex-gfs nudes.

iirc the crimea war general was merged with /sg/ and eventually it stopped being posted altogether cause of lack of major developments.

the war goes on in eastern Ukraine, but since the Ukrops arent getting anywhere and the rebels are kicking their shit in despite constant cease-fire violantions on the ukrainian side, the western media isnt reporting on it.

But its also because they don't get anything out of it anymore, other than to hype hate and fear against russia.

Russia won't let go of Crimea no matter how many sanctions they throw. It's pointless for the media to report on it.

fort-russ.com/?m=1

Bookmark it.