Why is our infrastructure so shit Sup Forums? NYC should have looked like this by now

Why is our infrastructure so shit Sup Forums? NYC should have looked like this by now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5Wlo0Pv344
youtube.com/watch?v=L2lMxCA7CL4
youtube.com/watch?v=3_NcwTbpIDQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless self bump.

We have Israel to think of.

Good thing we put a builder in office.

Minority groups who don't take good care of the commons come to mind.

this, it is our duty to give them billions of dollar of year in reparations, stop thinking of yourselves for once. Remeber the 6 million?

lack of communism

We waste way more money on general defense spending, foreign aid, and tons of other shit than we do spending money on Israel.

NYC looks better than that actually

Cause of the kangs

Do you like helicopters?

every new building project, skyscraper and whatnot is given to different architects too self-absorbed in their tastes or desires that the concept of style consistency is thrown into the shitter

also, jews

Your daily reminder that artfags and hipsters have not the slightest understanding of engineering, architecture, economics, or urban planning

all cities should have more blimps, not less

>this delusion

Why would we spend money on ourselves when we can found wars to bring democracy to sandniggers?

sabotage

>In the early 1900s, General Motors' long-time president, Alfred P. Sloan, Jr., began implementing a plan to expand auto sales and maximize profits by eliminating streetcars.
>In 1922, Sloan established a special unit within GM that was charged with, among other things, the task of replacing the United States' electric railways with cars, trucks, and buses. Consumers who no longer had the option of taking the streetcar turned first to the bus lines and, eventually, to owning and driving their own automobiles.

no public transport because car companies bribed government officials in the 40s and 50s to plan cities without public transport oriented towards cars ie us suburbia

public transport was sabotaged to steer the flock towards car/oil

youtube.com/watch?v=j5Wlo0Pv344

Segal
youtube.com/watch?v=L2lMxCA7CL4

youtube.com/watch?v=3_NcwTbpIDQ

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy

>In 1930 the electric streetcar ruled Chicago

with social engineering and propoganda campaigns, GM successfully wasted billions of public tax dollars.
wasted billions of public $$ to fund their monopoly.

What do you think all those undeclared wars have been costing us? And why do you suppose we're fighting them?

Some do. Architects are actually hipster art fags. As a mechanic I could just as well say that architects and engineers are too absorbed in the copy paste function of CAD that they have only a slight understanding of the mechanical applications required to actually install and maintain what they design..but honestly it is all a group effort

/thread

>not the slightest understanding of engineering,

oh come on, we have lots of spiral escalators in my imaginary town.

>Airline landing fields in skyscrapers
NYC already has this user

Are you kidding yourself? NYC and other major urban areas are delightful to anyone who knows a little about what it takes to pull of such marvelous feats of engineering.

True. I think all foreign aid should be cut, even money to Israel. Lower the defence budget as well. No other country stands a chance at invading us, so why increase the budget every year?

The amount of noise pollution and atmospheric humming this would cause would be tremendous...

Railways were a huge part of the 19th century USA and at that time our railway corporations were not only profitable, but were among the best in the world.

Then the early 20th came along, some ruthless guy named Rockefeller started a company called Standard Oil...and everything went to shit.

Its actually amazing how much one man cucked the USA, and in some ways the entire world. He's not Rothschild tier, but he's pretty close.

Anyway, the USA doesn't want to use less oil, because guys like Rockefeller wanted to use the most oil possible. He not only helped kill/restrain our railways, but he also battled Henry Ford over making sure automobiles ran on oil instead of corn grain alcohol (which would have made more sense in every way)

All this shit we have now. The Global oil market, Saudi Arabia controlling the petrol dollar, etc etc. It can all be traced back to Standard Oil (Rockefeller)

its a joke of course, but the real reason is because germany didnt win ww2

Any institution that can barely maintain consistent day-to-day performance will rarely have time to spend on improvements. As the burdens grow, the response is to expand the inefficient systems to cover existing demand so far as resources allow. This perpetuates the inefficiencies and increases the momentum required to change them.

This is the reason that expansion is the most dangerous time for any institution.
This is the reason immigration control is important.

Fuck I wish we cut that back to half or. Nothing. I hate that welfare state

It looks like an anthill. This is in no way desirable.

Someone put a sticker up on a post on campus which looked like your picture but said anticommunist action. Do you have that one?

This concept was created by Harvey Wiley Corbett, dipshit, not some retarded artist.

>marvelous feats of engineering.

for example, just getting the fresh water in and the waste water out. or up and down a 50 story building.

or to get really crazy, putting in a new subway.

the book about Robert Moses goes into some detail about ramming the Cross Bronx expressway through, back in the 50s I believe. Unbelievable engineering hurdles due to going over and under existing rivers, streams, elevated tracks, etc.

>underground roads
No. Fuck that shit.

1. I like the sun and tunnels are dark as shit.
2. Lack of air circulation means if you need to stop , you will die due to carbon monoxide poison. Also engines need fresh air.
3. Fires are much more dangerous in tunnels.
4. Large tunnels require a lot of people just maintaining and responding to emergencies.

There is literally no reason to cram yourself into a city that dense. America is huge, we can spread out and have yards and space. We don't need or want underground roads.

Also I'd like to add that tax payers get absolutely fucked on government funded infrastructure projects. The wages for tradesmen are way higher than normal, even a general laborer will get paid $25/hr to pick up trash. A journeyman carpenter/welder is getting 40-50 an hour. Plus they stretch these projects as long as they possibly can to get as much govt spending.

>he actually wants to live in a huge megacity
It might have been good back when people were actually interested in utopia through city planning and architecture, but nowadays you're going to get Megablocks from Judge Dredd except made out of cheaper materials by immigrant labour and not to code.

>. Lack of air circulation means if you need to stop , you will die due to carbon monoxide poison. Also engines need fresh air.

it has nothing to do with stopping; that issue is always there, and they have godawful huge air moving systems that run all the time.

that picture clearly shows that every layer can see up to the top through the center gap.

>marvelous feats of engineering
Like the traffic jams and disgusting glass shits everywhere?
Urban planning has been going downhill ever since WWII...

Exactly..people take so much for granted; hardly ever stopping to think of why they are warm enough or why the streets aren't flooded with human waste.

What, you would much rather have shitty congested roads?

You are obsessed with the problems but lack the brains to work on a solution; engineers, mechanics, city planners on down to the laborers are actually working to fix it all while you sit around memeing about Jews. Courbosier was GOAT btw and also a nazi somewhat.

>think of why they are warm enough
Is this warm enough for you John?
Modern architects should be gassed. Their buildings are ugly, shit and useless.

Because the State runs it.

The solution is coming. Telecommuting is becoming quite big in many cities. Soon it will be normal to live in one state and work in another. I expect there will be a mass deurbanization as people flee crime-ridden cities to live in cheaper rural areas.

>engineers, mechanics, city planners on down to the laborers are actually working to fix it all
They are doing a pretty shitty job so far.

>ugly
A matter of taste sorry we don't live in the Dickensian nightmare you are so fond of. Fucking millennial and their phoney nostalgia.
>Shit
In what way? One mistake is not enough to establish that all modern architecture is poor. Nice memeing though (jk it is terrible)
>useless
So useless that they are worth more money than you can dream of

this

>Sup Forums architecture thread
Always nice

If anything the trend is going in the other direction
No you are only aware when they make mistakes you are ignoring all of the times they succeed.

Imagine walking through the focal point on a hot sunny day, and bursting into flames before you can get out.

>parking 2 levels below ground
outdated

If you cannot see the differences in the bottom four it is because you are too mentally lazy

This is a good enough reason for a helicopter ride as anything

No. It is a trend that is threatening the widest, most visible and prominent form of art and cultre. Even if most are not aware of it it is still in the background and it should not be taken away

kek, we have a smaller effect like this in my city. There's a curved glass building that reflects the sun and it doesn't get hot enough to melt cars but it gets quite hot on the sidewalk.

It is currently going in the other direction, but I expect it will reverse. I personally work with several people who telecommute from another state. At my last job I telecommuted to Australia. The reason people move to cities is for jobs (or entertainment). Once long distance communication improves to the point that that you can get both in a flyover state, there will be no reason to live in a city.

>A matter of taste sorry we don't live in the Dickensian nightmare you are so fond of.
Glass and concrete everywhere, the variety is so amazing
>In what way
Modern buildings were not built to stand for a hundred years. 20 years and they will be in dire need of a full renovation, the commieboxes are the best example. And lets not mention the asbestos problem
>So useless that they are worth more money than you can dream of
They are useless, because their quality sucks. Modern architecture is about quantity over quality, the shit material choice and the bad engineering won't give any value to modern b buildings in the long term.

That is just one opinion; I could probably fish up a quote that is poetic about modernity but i won't bother. People like living in modern spaces; there is a reason it is so popular and guess what it isn't a conspiracy

>depletes high intelligence human capital with dysgenic policies and wealth redistirbution
>what happen?

>Modern buildings were not built to stand for a hundred years
its this, modern buildings are designed to be torn down when they are obsolete ie not tall enough

If you can see the difference then you are a fucking autist
>huehue glass, so pretty, so original, i can see my reflection, let's cover the buildings with it.

You could be right about deurbanization. My wife and I are working to starting a homestead type living situation in rural Arkansas so I am no diehard urbanite I just really admire cities for what they mean in terms of collective endeavor

Like modern art modern architecture is only popular by a small circle that keeps itself elitist by wanking to itself. This has nothing to do with a conspiracy but with the wish of the architect that he wants to sting out. Sadly those attempts look like shit for everyone who is not in the "scene".

You people are just petulant.

>greater communication allows deurbanisation
dont think so, it causes people to cluster together even more

thats bullshit. do you wanna use traditional architecture forever?

This is patently false of modern building design; there is no elite, the popular designs are popular because they sell well to regular people in a lot of cases to successful people...they like the look and efficiency of it and they choose to live and work in these spaces, if the people wanted rickety old bullshit then you would see a lot more of it..modern fine arts is another case altogether and conflating the two is idiotic..fucking plebs

What is this?

>efficiency
doesnt apply to
>irregular buildings
>glass and steel
>edgy modernist facade with no purpose

Someone wanted to leave a mark in history and did it by creating a scar.
Many such cases. Sad

Yea they should really get rid of all that trite Bavarian looking shit

I guess everything should look like a mosque eh?

Urban life is nice but there are some downsides. For example rent is literally insane. In my city there is a lot of anger over rising rent prices, especially how it affects black communities. There is a lot of perceived corruption in the police to the point that they laid off half the policemen. Homelessness has got to the point that local newspapers call it a national shame. Traffic is a massive problem but many people don't want to change the the feel of their neighborhood to accommodate more people. And when I look at other major cities I see similar problems. When you add it all up, it becomes large price to pay because it affects almost every aspect of your life.
I dont think people will start to leave cities anytime soon because there is a strong pull to them. But once the economics of that change - and they already are - people will follow.

>One mistake is not enough to establish that all modern architecture is poor
But it's kind of suspicious when the same mistake is repeated again and again.

I kinda like how it stands out in the city, if you look at it from the Schloßberg.

As horrible as it might be.

>I guess everything should look like a mosque eh?

brilliant idea

I quite like the Walt Disney Concert hall. Really comfy.

Ok at this point I'm pretty sure you're just baiting. Next thing you do might even be advocating brutalism. Maybe you are an engineer or something and heal personally attack from this thread or some shit I don't know. Fact is that this wave of globalist uniform building style is threatening the diversity and history of many cities all over the world and I for one do not want to see that.

The concept actually has everything made above ground. Everything is a skyscraper.

Concentrated poverty is a problem but I think it is a problem that can be fixed as well..if the welfare services; affordable housing and other things like that were distributed equally around a city then poverty would not pose a generational threat and those things would be more effective. Unfortunately you have people like Samantha bee who will talk your ear off about how abortion is a human right but will secretly campaign to keep blacks out of her school district. People are pigs sometimes.

Gew

The city I live in is really liberal and has the same problems. The problems are a city thing, not a politics thing.

>Minority groups who don't take good care of the commons come to mind.

the corporate state has been ripping off the commons without compensation for decades

God that looks fucking dire.
Even the png smells sweaty.

Better solution: Kill everyone

that is NYC, it's the Met Life building above grand central terminal

>muh diversity
>muh history
Modernism is incredibly diverse, more so than the pre modern way of design, if anything it is just less parochial. Also today is history just like the history that once was, people like you will be fawning over brutalist with nostalgia pains whenever the next big wave comes to shore...anyway I personally find the modern aesthetic pleasing and yes I am a mechanic who is working on becoming an engineer so maybe I have more of a personal investment (not a bad thing)

>wasted billions of public $$ to fund their monopoly.

it's the same story everywhere, all government does is protect monopoly and enslave human beings

Why does the water tank in the roof is just a south american thing?

Yea liberals are actually pretty cruel to the poor my man; i blame it on atheism

>everything above ground
its an outdated concept
the current paradigm is to have quite a few floors underground, like 4 basements, with parking dispersed throughout the floors

>implying you wouldnt

More like the Garden above Penn.

>It's not me, it's everyone else
Pic related building was on the Parliament square, but was demolished because of the shitty engineering (the architects forgot that the Danube is next to the building, so the basement got flooded numerous times and the ferroconcrete started to rot away) and the facade completely fucked up the histroical square (this was the only modernist building on the square)
The government made a design competition, but all 32 autistic plans were rejected.
So they had to demolish the building and build a new one with the original, 1924 facade plans.
Moral of the story: modern architects were and still incompetent.

funny how you should say mosques, because although outwardly you might not like them due to cultural preference they are designed well for dry hot climates, without any need for airconditioning

Oh well fair enough. I will continue to bitch about it though

Good choice, the new building is beautiful.

the new paintjob makes it look silly

We don't need water, we bathe in euroshekels.Actually I don't know. I've never seen a water tank on the roof here.

yeah, almost photoshopped in. easy fix though. the paint will wear with time