Problems with Christianity

Feel free to be as blunt/honest as possible. I'm doing a study on what outsiders think of Christianity and their issues with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GIOZw2l2vj0?t=58m21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck religion in general, all it does in modern society is oppress people

The lesser of the three evils.

Could you give some input on Jesus claim that we should "turn the other cheek"? Not sure I can deal with that and it is the only thing stopping me from being unironically Christian

I agree but not everyone is intelligent enough to figure out morality using logic and reason.

Christianity is not adaptable. "Turn the other cheek" when Africans hit you in the face with a machete. "Welcome the poor and sick into your home" when the Muslims want to enslave your wives and daughters and cut your head off

Old order Catholicsm is different than the cuck shit we have today

The biggest problem with modern Christianity is too many Churches are ignoring the actual teachings of Christianity in an attempt to be "modern" and "inclusive" but it's actually not attracting any new blood while alienating true believers.

In the meantime, Pisslam, which is literally an inflexible ideology of mass murder continues to attract new converts because (surprise sur-motherfucking-prize) people actually want to believe in something.

Enjoy your ban for posting off-topic, but the main problem with Christianity is that Jesus didn't actually exist.

Don't take my word for it. St Paul says so in Galatians.

Christianity is a cuck religion!

Join Islam! youtu.be/GIOZw2l2vj0?t=58m21s

It's a Semitic Jew religion.

I grew up in a repressive Christian environment. The problems with religions in general is that they try to distill abstract metaphysical shot into bite size morsels that even imbeciles can consume. Also when you have a hierarchal power structure (such as a church) all types of vermin will attempt and often succeed at entrenching themselves within the structure.

Pretty much this. Take the zen pill

Not op but slapping was more of an insult than a physical assault. And turning the other cheek is remaining calm and demanding to be respected as an equal, not cowering away like a weakling or responding with another petty insult. Which could turn the thing into a pointless fight over a little argument.

No one practices it.
You're supposed to do what Jesus says, not your pastor. The only way to find out what He says is to read the gospels. And then, after reading, you believe Him and then give God PROOF you do. Sounds easy, but it costs everything.

Can you explain what you mean further when you say not adaptable?

THIS

It's a hatemongering, bigoted cult used to lead people astray from the real religion of peace

I mean, we live in such a violent culture that sometimes it does require getting over abuse. I've known Christians that forgive parents that physically/verbally abused them. Not everyone likes this and calls them weak, but in Christianity nowadays you're either bigoted or a lukewarm believer.

TL;DR We have to find the balance between too much defense and too much offense and learn to forgive and love others.

Which is what religion exactly? I'm not hating, I just want you to know. Didn't want it to seem like an annoyed or sarcastic response.

no it does not you do feeling sorry for self. it makes people mad for their ways which god calls sin people just dont want a guilt trip does not mean the guilt is still there.

This is definitely one of the BIGGEST problems right now. I try to fix this every single day with as many people as I can.

THAT phrase honostley applies to accepting the romans who ruled Judea at the time. The Jews wanted to revolt and Jesus was a pacifist.

Jesus did not know what Islam was either because it didn't exists yet. The game has changed and the Requires a new set of rules

>What is the religion of peace

Islam of course...

I agree. There have been and continue to be corrupt leaders. Which is why I'm in college trying to get into the system and fix it. Knowing it wouldn't be by my work, but by what God allows me to do.

Most religious people really sound like big fat NEEEEEEEEEEERDS when citing the bible and shit

are you sure about that?

I have been called a nerd quite a lot in my 4 years striving to be a pastor...

Why does it require a new set of rules? The Romans were just as cruel and violent as modern day ISIS members are today, if not worse.

It honestly looks like Zack Snyder filmed that.

Atheist here. I think Christianity is ok for the most part, mostly because there are so many people with low IQ that can't properly understand laws and morality. So, it's much easier to tell them some simple story about some good guy who did good things, rather than flood them with studies, charts, graphs etc. essentially getting the main point across. In my opinion Atheists and Christians should just mind their own fucking businesses, learn to live together and destroy the Jews and Mudslimes. Put that in your """"""""study"""""""", CIA.

I used to be very critical of Christianity but within the past few years have become a lot more sympathetic. The bible thumping on things like what games I played, what music I listened to, and what was on my T-Shirt that I was wearing really angered me. The demonization of everything I liked was pure bullshit. Since then I feel like Christianity has mellowed out a lot, but I also am wary of giving them a political voice because the same censorship and moralist garbage the left is now guilty of, the right WAS most certainly guilty of back then in the 80s and 90s.

My greatest praise of Christianity is their works of charity. In my appraisal they are far more effective, cost effective, and humanitarian than any garbage government policy of forced wealth redistribution. Christian organizations have done far more for the poor and sick than any government healthcare mandate.

My greatest criticism of religion is its fixation on bizarre and rather dogmatic philosophies that they feel should be translated into law. As long as religion doesn't directly try to intervene in law, I don't have a problem with it. If you don't like abortion, don't have one. If you don't like drugs or alcohol, don't do them. I have no problem from someone refusing to get an abortion, I have no problem with someone who abstains from certain activities. I have a huge problem with religion telling ME what to do, as I don't feel I have much of a moral authority to tell other people what religions and religious practices they can perform (unless it's directly life threatening ala the Jehova's Witness belief that blood transfusions are cannibalism and a mortal sin). If you wanna give your kid a sip of wine for communion, I have no problem with it, but don't tell me a game is "too violent" or my t-shirt is "blasphemous" and therefore both should be banned.

Extremely young and inexperienced pastors have way too much of a sway over members of a congregation. They have good intentions, but this often leads to those older members taking really bad life advice (from these younger pastors) as the word of God.
Churches often foster this sort of dependence too. It does no favors for the more vulnerable members of the congregation. Take this as you will, but religious devotion cannot stand as a substitute for fixing deeply-rooted, psychological problems in these people.

>if you don't like abortion, don't have one
If you don't like murder, don't commit one. Such braindeadfag level thinking. If you can't understand why people argue something, you won't be able to refute it.