Why there are like 209421 companies trying to go to space? Where's the revenue in that?

Why there are like 209421 companies trying to go to space? Where's the revenue in that?

1 asteroid could yield more gold than has ever been mined ever.

If you can easily put satellites in space, then tons of business models that haven't even been thought up yet could be tried.

Imagine a world where you can put up your own satellite for 100,000 dollars and then start your own telecomm company for pennies?

>for 100,000
>for pennies
pick one

Asteroid mining is the most immediate profit to be had.

>Why are there like a lot of companies trying to harness space and the untold billions upon billions upon billions of planets?

Because Spacenoids are the future.

rich people have a lot of money to fuck around with

Because Trump is going to abolish the space treaty and annex the moon. Space homesteading is going to be a thing and they want to be the first ones to do it

Ten trillion pound chunks of solid gold just flying around the asteroid belt, for one

>Those fuckers
>Our Shit

Am I like the only guy that thinks giant saggy jugs are just, gross.

No. Its human nature. Too much of anything is wrong. Extremes disgust humans

No. I know lots of fags.

The revenue is in putting Sats on earth orbit and getting the government contract.

In reality, they all rely on former soviet, Chinese, EU, Jap and Indian tech. Ilon Masc tries to go into space too, but failed so far.

>only so many resources on earth
>hundreds of millions of rocks full of mineable metals within range
hmmm

>starting a thread with tiddies
enjoy having no discussion

Any extraterrestrial land out there (with a few exceptions) is up for grabs.

>mfw I can only own land on Mars and too poor to get there

We have to evacuate the earth before the Encke astroid destroys us all. We have to get out.

That's not the point. Economically feasible space mining is decades away and costs are incurring right NOW.

This sounds much more realistic in the current situation.

>Space Travel
It's a lot easier to overcome the gravity well when you are outside it. The reason our space ships are so inefficient is because we have to get them off the Earth first thus battling against Earth's gravity well. It will cut costs of space travel to launch ships from the ISS or the moon. The moon doesn't have as much gravity to fight against as the Earth.
>Comet mining
There's literally untold riches in space just zipping around waiting to be harvested. There's probably some undiscovered elements on these too. Discovering elements is always profitable and it would be easier to get deep space probes out there if we attach them to comets.
>Planet colonization
This ties into the whole space travel thing but I think it warrants its own talking point. If we can travel to the ISS or the moon then hop a ship to Mars it will be a lot easier to colonize it. Since we could manufacture parts on other planets or the moon we could just jettison the parts to the planet we need them to go to instead of putting them on a ship to be delivered. Imagine being able to load 6 years worth of parts to the Mars colony in a giant Howitzer then shooting that bitch to the colony.
>Borderlands the Pre-Sequel did a pretty good job at portraying this

Literally everything about space is profitable.

100,000 is pennies vs the millions needed to buy lay and maintain cables

what companies are actually trying to do it now

because i havent seen that many, unless i missed something

>12 year old detected.

29 next month

Going to space is what you do when you literally have no other good ideas. That's why there's so many space movies / video games now.

There are shit ton like Moonex, Space Nation, Space X etc. Familiarize with startups and you see them popping up all the time.

>Where's the profit in mining space rocks made purely of platinum with more wealth than the entirety of the world we live on

Distraction for the goats to bleat at.
Space isn't real

I would not put any money on Space X.

They threw out NASA's rule book on rockets, and ended up with seveal projects catastrophically failing. The rule book was written because it works.

And dont get me started on the fucking Hyper Loop.

>pic related to hyper loop

Mining Asteroids for precious gems and minerals. We only have so much here on this planet. Some asteroids are composed of gold, diamond, platinum, iridium etc; expensive shit thats really really hard to find. + we already talk to the ayy's. Maybe it's because they're going to tell people the truth, finally. And why not be the 1st entrepreneurs to capitalize on it?