Will you miss public television?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

No, since the Internet Exists

yes.
they should just balance out their liberal propaganda with some conservative propaganda

Why the fuck should they get eveny one cent of taxpayer money?

no because it is a waste of money

because taxpayers want it

Sup Forums BTFO by mr. rogers
youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q

>watched by 82% of household
I don't know anyone my age that watches PBS, but then again I don't really know that many people my age that use their television for anything other than watching sports or streaming Netflix.

>$1.35 per citizen each year

How does public broadcasting yield a return?

>"$1.35 per citizen/year"
Is that why they're always asking for donations? Alright then, I'm not going to miss this bullshit.

They make important and educational television that we all benifit from, and it's cheap.

Big Boob replaces Big Bird

Their operational model is obsolete. Not only do they integrate ads into their programming, they also have lucrative licensing deals. Do the taxpayers see any of the revenue from Tickle Me Elmo? I don't think so. Private companies produce educational programs for children, PBS doesn't have a monoploy on them. PBS sells ad and literally fucking begs for money while also grifting taxpayers.

Just face it, we have reached the end of an era. Government subsidies for public television will soon end. The entire proposition has outlived its usefulness.

Television media content is so cheap, easy to make and widely available that PBS isn't justified anymore.

If it's so great, I'm sure they will have no problem begging celebrities for funding during their pledge-a-thons and get some rich/middle class liberals to fund it.

We don't need government paid indoctrination television that loves to support more government and teachers unions for FAILING public schools.

Going to miss Red Green

"Free"

half those reasons are just "you have to love it because some other people do"

>watched by 82% of households
I guess if you count shit like airports and restaurants where you want to offend as few people as possible

>Free
Taxpayer funded television

Also
>watched by 82% of households
I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone watching PBS, and very rarely do I see anyone watching television. I really wanna know where this stat came from: probably more like
>82% of surveyed households have watched PBS at least once at some point in their lives
which is damn pathetic desu

Defund it, and more companies can compete to maker more, and better, programs. Why should one company get free Fed money? The left hates companies getting rich for no reason, so why do they wanna throw so much money at PBS, Planned Parenthood, and banks?

Not really, since I don't watch public television anymore, but nobody is preventing them from receiving private donations from people.

I loved the shows as a child watching Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street. I loved the old movies like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Moby Dick starting Gregory Peck.

The PBS of today is straight fucking cancer. It may have been tainted my jews before but now its is straight shill shit. Time to pull the plug.

When it stops being Marxist brainwashing

they're no longer non-partisan, so no. Cut NPR, too.

it and NPR are liberal

the gov shouldnt be funding political stuff

i bet if trump cleaned house and made it conservative liberals wouldnt want it funded

>Cut NPR, too.

Fucking this. It's just another anti-Trump echo chamber. I don't want my taxes going to that.

>how does education yield a return

you've got to be kidding me

a lot of kids watch it

Shut it all down

okay if you love it why don't you donate to it voluntarily

Back when Mr. Rogers petitioned Congress to stop the budget cuts for PBS it was still a very needed thing. Television programming was not cheap and most networks did not want to make programming for children because there wasn't as much money in it as there was for other programming and they had businesses to run. Channels running almost exclusive children's programming like Nickelodeon didn't exist then either. The Disney channel existed then but was a pay to view network. Television was the medium most people used to gain information about the world around them so most people owned a television and actually used it very often. Times have changed and are changing even more. More and more Americans are ditching traditional television for online streaming like Netflix and Hulu. Those that stick to normal tlevision programming have tons of networks dedicated to children and Disney is now a free network. On top of that the medium for gaining information has changed to the internet. Many countries that had public broadcasting have now dropped it because it is no longer the most feasible method of getting information out to the public. Mr. Rogers quite possibly would not defend it anymore considering the way the world is today.

>Watched by 82% of TV households

Bull fucking shit

I feel the same way

Mine is owned and operated by a state university, and gets a lot of financial support.

I'll still get to watch This Old House.

The poor trash in Detroit, Chicago, and the rest if the corrupt shitholes will lose it though.

They make good children's shows, but I don't like federal money being spent on political propaganda. If they agreed to 100% fact based reporting and stopped pushing the leftist agenda, I'd be totally fine with public television.

Must not know anyone with kids or elderly people.

Why don't all the ultra rich liberals and Soros open their wallets up and pay for it themselves? They can even mold it more to what they want. I've seen them cry on tv about the children but they can't take their own money to bail out PBS?

>2017
>Watching TV still
Fucking plebs