Why don't they just use pre-cast slabs?

Why don't they just use pre-cast slabs?

For the US, they can get away with 53 feet by 12 feet and legally haul it down the highway.

If they just burry 6 feet of it, it should stand. They can also piledrive T beams in between the slabs deep down to add support in soft ground.

This would make the wall 47 feet tall, and the wall can be made from all across the US and trucked in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fMDHxr8dTp4
latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/04/mine-treaty-us-ottawa-convention.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SObzNdyRTBs
futile.work/numbers/at-least-800-migrants-try-to-crash-border-fence-into-spains-ceuta-enclave
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parties_to_the_Ottawa_Treaty#Non-signatory_states
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like this idea.

Could do some slabs and create a scaffolding prior to placing the fence. The Slabs and Scaffolding, would be like drilling Lego's into each other. It would be hollow and boxed shaped.

They need to add a maze, too.

Here's an idea, we can execute every nigger and spic then pile them up on the border to show the other spics that they are nothing but another brick in the wall

Your idea is favored by Kek.

I've always felt we needed more large scale projects. We dont have megalomaniacs building pyramids anymore but this can be pretty grand if they do it right.

Hopefully with modern science we'll also be able to create a Minotaur to patrol the maze too.

weight would be a big issue with a piece that big.

maybe make it 36 ft by 4 ft by 2 ft. to get the weight down to around 22 tons, making it transportable on a standard flatbed 18 wheeler.

Would probably be cheaper to have a mobile cement mixing plant that just goes along with wall construction and truck in the raw materials.

>the wall can be made from all across the US

Sections from each state. The US side can have images from that state. Pretty cool idea tbqh.

Praise be upon him

kek approved

I don't think the wall is supposed to stay up for the next 50000 years.

It's meant as a temporary fix until mexico either gets its shit together or we annex it.

Email president Trump your idea so you can get hired. Are you a structural engineer OP?

desu senpai if the wall isn't at least like pic related then I'll be disapoint.

you thought wrong
100000 years

pour it into forms in place

Praise KEK, get the president on the line, this has to happen

I doubt that they'll use pour in place. The sheer amount of raw material that has to be trucked in and there could be issues with concrete quality, better to pre-fab them away from the wall and just install.

>mother do you think they'll try to break my balls.
>mother should I build the wall
>mother should I run for president
>mother should I trust the government

How do we execute Roger Waters for treason and being a putin and trump spy?

youtube.com/watch?v=fMDHxr8dTp4

>tfw secure borders for the next step of life on Earth after humans go join Trump's galatic empire
Comfy

It has to be small enough so that when libcucks re-enact 1989 berlin in tearful reunion they wont get hurt.

we also gonna need 20' sheet piling with grout reinforcement for tunneling.

>globally televised US citizenship maze runs
>highest rated reality TV show ever created
>US debt reduced by 4 trillion in the first year alone

Who says they aren't? Trump is a master of building.

> good idea

If you make it through the maze you gain citizenship.

>Secretly the maze winners are executed.

I need this.

Seems like a minefield would be cheaper.

i just want them to add something useful to liberals to the wall so they won't tear it down one day

solar panels or some shit, idk

Yeah. I like this idea.

also
wtf captcha stop showing me spic words

FYI you can haul ~100 feet behind a tractor trailer with permits and wide load regulations.

Agree, prefab post tension segments, they can be thinner this way, less onsite work and testing. Foundation on sheet piles and H piles. Contract with Honeywell for the landmine 'maze' these guys want.

someone do the math on this.

how much concrete and reinforced steel would you need for a 53x12 foot slab wall, and how many of these slabs of walls would you need to cover 3,200 kilometers

Solar panels aren't a good idea. The sand will scratch them up and you'll lose alot if efficiency transporting the energy to cities. We just need to a bunch of these on the border and landmines. Much cheaper and way more effective.

would it actually be legal to put a minefield at a border to a country youre not at war with?

We are one of the few countries that didn't sign that gay landmine treaty, so we can do whatever we want.

Youre right,we need to declare war on Mexico first.

US doesn't sign many of those types of gay treaties desu. I'm pretty sure we didn't sign the Geneva Convention, even though we play by those rules, albeit loosely.

Correct

It's called the Ottawa Concention, and the US won't sign it:

latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/04/mine-treaty-us-ottawa-convention.html

Kek has a great sense of humor

Nope it was the BWC I was thinking of, my bad.

We didn't sign that gay treaty against cluster bombs either. It would be interesting if Trump allowed the military to randomly drop cluster bombs on the border, just to keep the smugglers on their toes.

kek wills it!

das rite!

Even a physical barrier 10m tall is easy to scale in minutes with cheap equipment. Building a physical barrier that long enough is pointless and impractical. Electronic surveillance along its length with rapid response drones and vehicles. Manned buildings every 10km. Declare the border a military zone so lethal force is justified. Infinitely cheaper and faster implementation time. Modern electronic surveillance would guarantee nothing crosses unnoticed.

We've been at war with them this whole time, we just didn't realize it till they invaded and tricked libs into thinking they belonged as our occupiers.

We could 3D print it
youtube.com/watch?v=SObzNdyRTBs

personally i feel like the wall doesn't have to be much more than like an average prison fence. what the money should be spent on is monitoring tech. put up all kinds of sensors and cameras, and staff manned stations along the whole thing.

hell, with that, we could just dig a bigass trench instead, would probably be cheaper

What about tunnels?

shit that's a good idea

We're America. We write the rules.

neither of you understands fuckall about construction or engineering.

Tunnels are a violation of the NAP and will cause Mexico to be annexed by the United States.

Height is irrelevant in your question. Convert ft to meters and divide by the total then you have your answer.

american education

>It's meant as a temporary fix until mexico either gets its shit together

Will never happen.

My roommate had an idea of warning the entire country of mexico that drone strikes would happen in 1 year then anyone caught after 1 year would be drone striked. The flow would stop quickly after about the first 5 strikes

They could do cheap hollow plastic interlocking moulds that are filled with earth onsite. Then they could shotcrete the outside to make it look like natural rock.

Maybe the disgusting Jews could be consultants as they have marketed themselves as master wall builders and that way you could pay ten times what it would cost. Then outsourced to china to save on labour that otherwise would have to be payed to filthy goyum

a wall is an investment in the future. anything else is short term and subject to change

If you read the proposal for companies to submit bids, it states that the mexico side must be unfinished where the US side is to be beautiful.

>Declare the border a military zone so lethal force is justified.

You would be able to hear the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from fucking Australia.

>RACIST TRUMP MAKES US-MEXICO BORDER A MILITARY ZONE
>TRUMP WANTS TO KILL PEOPLE WHO COME TO AMERICA FOR FREEDOM
>TRUMP SUPPORTS THE DEATH OF MEXICANS WHO WANT A BETTER LIFE

>53 feet
>OP's pic by comparison and scale of vehicles would make the wall at least 400 feet tall

Which is it, Schlomo?

damn that would be amazing

When it's finished, do you guys think it'll look like the Berlin wall? By that I mean tons of graffiti and shit on the Mexican side and a clean coat of white paint on the US side. or will it be vice versa?

The stupidest thing ive ever heard.

No they'd just completely fucking evacuate Mexico for the U.S. in the first year, leaving no sombreros to drone.

Probably graffiti and other bullshit posters on our side from salty liberal faggots.

I fully expect there to be no less than 300 separate "TEAR DOWN THIS WALL" markings on it.

They are likely going to use some pre-stressed if they are going that route. Concrete is fairly cheap but you have to reinforce the fuck out of it and you lose alot of strength unless you use precast. Steel is needed anywhere it goes in tension so on a wall you will likely need both sides and then steel running laterally to prevent failure on that plane. The mass of the precast also needs to be considered, the subgrade is not made equally across the us and there will be lots of clay and sand which is terrible material to build on. A thing that massive WILL sink into the fucking earth.

If you look at sections of the border wall there are already fairly large precast sections that are linked together, its a likely possibility and probably cheaper long run. Doing as-built stuff is a fucking nightmare. This kinda project is outside the scope of my expertise but im sure trump can hire the right people.

t. civil engineer

Clean and white on both sides.

Approach it from the north except on a guided tour, get arrested.

Approach it from the south, get shot dead.

>first comment in the thread to mention the fact there's a current bidding period for the wall
There's so many companies wanting to participate on this project that DHS will be overwhelmed by applications. Good luck for those contractors.

Pretty close.

>tfw know three building companies that are placing bids and they're in fucking Georgia.

This will attract nationwide attention and bids to do sections, though I wish Trump would just pull a Roosevelt and restart the CCC. Let the autistic kids build the wall and they can learn valuable social skills and fuck mexican poontang

>Mexicans set up training camps to physically prepare men to beat the maze
>will José complete the maze and win the right to stay in America?
>gets lost. dies of heat stroke

>Much good it did them...
futile.work/numbers/at-least-800-migrants-try-to-crash-border-fence-into-spains-ceuta-enclave

>tfw the wall is so tall farmers complain for hundreds of miles that it blocks out all of the afternoon sun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parties_to_the_Ottawa_Treaty#Non-signatory_states
We can :)

Either you must have the flag extension and you're not using it or it's just a coincidence. Hopefully this provides a boost for legal construction workers though.

> pre-cast

Just cast them in-situ using whatever materials you can dig out of the ground right beside it.

Bonus points for simultaneously digging a moat

>annex
>a bunch more gibs me dats

kys

Build the wall out of Jewish babies.

>kys

Whoa, watch your language kid.

and then we could stack the blocks

and make it ten feet higher

EMAIL OR CALL THE ADMINISTRATION RIGHT NOW!

We need a real wall!

There are a few problems with 53x12 pre-cast sections

0) 12 ft is both too tall and too wide to go on a normal truck. you either need an ultra-low trailer, or an ultra-wide load.

1) slenderness ratio (hit Wikipedia)

for a concrete column 53ft tall, it would need to be fairly thick to not have buckling problems. You very quickly run into weight problems.

Realistically, the wall section, if they were that high, wouldn't have uniform thickness along the entire height. It would be thicker at the bottom and thinner at the top.

Huge fucking waste of concrete

BUILD ANTI SPIC MAZE

Noooo. This is the wrong way. The walls segments should be made on site from the excavated material to save on transportation costs. There are also mobile concrete batching plants which can be moved as the wall is made.

What material lasts the longest, Sup Forums? I doubt future cucked presidents will tear down Trump's wall but I can't see them funding its maintenance.

Trump creates the greatest reality show ever...again

Plastic. Start recycling your plastic, multch it up and form it into giant lego blocks. Build wall that China would envy.

underrated post

>i just want them to add something useful to liberals to the wall so they won't tear it down one day

Hi speed monorail from San Diego to Brownsville on top;

Maybe we can recycle the illegal immigrants like a giant attach on titan walls stacking them like a cheerleading pyramid but with Mexican as the rebar.

This scale of construction should be thoroughly investigated for efficient returns on energy and material input, in terms of wall height, toughness, thickness.

Flexible in-situ approach, combining local regolith and rock with imported or possibly on-site manufactured concretes/limes of variable composition, strategic excavation (dry or flooded moats), large mobile forms and rams for facing and hardening of the pointy side.

One of the most important points is that both sides of the wall will have to be patrolled, to stop adit tunneling and vandalism.

>you need to cover 3,200 kilometers

100% sure we have the technology for this.

Most taco niggers don't have TV and can't read how would they find out?

>border maze
damn that's good. I'd watch it.