Most countries would benefit greatly from conscription/mandatory military service

most countries would benefit greatly from conscription/mandatory military service.
>stronger national identity
>stern and fair discipline
>a greater sense of collectivism among your fellow countrymen
>individuals of a country can serve a country in time of war if need be (and will be prepared if so).

what are some other advantages of conscription? feel free to list disadvantages as well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M0w2C9HWuUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I git 2 shoot teh gunz XDXDXD. I wan 2 best bad goys XD

>what are some other advantages of conscription
months of bullying
months of life wasted so you can be ordered to shoot your fellow white citizens when race-war breaks out

your army is shit
well, probably less than ours though

>trains social skills when forced to live 24/7 with fellow dudes
>learn valuable innawoods surviving
>not only great against foreign threats, but against tyrannical goverments
>cost-effective
>very competent troops, because even the smart and successful people have to go through it unlike in professional armies, which are made up of the bottom of the barrel
>the individuals can trust for the rest of their life in their capability to fuck oppressors up
Overall it's a bretty 5/5 system.

Stupid and a waste of money. Nothing raises professional soldiers morale more then a bunch of drafted snowflakes in charge of protecting your flank.

>most countries would benefit greatly from conscription/mandatory military service.
>>stronger national identity

Bullshit

>>stern and fair discipline

You've never been in the military

>>a greater sense of collectivism among your fellow countrymen

LOL

>>individuals of a country can serve a country in time of war if need be (and will be prepared if so).

Conscripts get raped by professional soldiers in conflicts every time. Equipping and supervising/training large numbers of conscripts is a waste of money compare to investing in equipment like drones. May I remind you that the infamous Kray twins both did national service in the UK and that your notions of instilled patriotism via pushups has no basis in reality. Combat veterans even professionals are generally cynics about flag waving militaristic patriotism and for good reason.

>t. civic duty cuck

>>trains social skills when forced to live 24/7 with fellow dudes

You're kidding me.

>>learn valuable innawoods surviving

Valuable for what? Living in a wood or a week?

>>not only great against foreign threats, but against tyrannical goverments

Most of e.g The PIRA had never been in the military yet the 500 of them who were in active service units tied up 25000 British troops

>>cost-effective

The opposite.

>>very competent troops, because even the smart and successful people have to go through it unlike in professional armies, which are made up of the bottom of the barrel.

Sometimes the bottom of the barrel is what you actually need.

>>the individuals can trust for the rest of their life in their capability to fuck oppressors up

If they are insane.

>Overall it's a bretty 5/5 system.

No. Its 1914 thinking in 2017. Ask ISIS how that is working for them.

RARE
A
R
E

taking away young adults for 2 years that should be in college or working shitty jobs we need them to do.

Huge expenditure for low level "soldiers" that will never fight. A pro military is far better.

If you use them for any kind of mechanical maintenance (trucks, tanks, airplanes), you have to waste your knowledgeable mechanics on keeping an eye on those retards, and by the time they start understanding what to do, they actually leave.

US air force has this problem, they use 2 year contractors that enlist for free college. Result is it takes over a year and a half to get them to know what to do, and US airplanes take 10 times more time for maintenance and most European air force. Maintenance on a EU plane takes 3 hours, and 3 days for a US air plane.

nu/pol/

i will admit im only new to the idea of conscription. fundamentally it seems like a good idea although i can see both advantages and disadvantages, like the ones you've listed. ill continue to research

>Conscripts get raped by professional soldiers in conflicts every time.
Absolute bullshit.

You're thinking about ''war'' as some small-time desert operations. Real warfare is having a million spetznas and ten thousand tanks and artillery pieces rolling towards you, and the vastly smaller professional army will get butchered 100% of the time if the armies have equal budget. Surprise; it costs very little to train troops when you don't have to pay for anything else than their upkeep, while a professional soldier demands 3000k/month, each. Army combat skills really can't either get any better really after about 6 months of training, so professional soldiers are not automatically more competent than conscripts.

Would also mean less support for moronic wars if everyone knew they and their children might be the ones having to serve.

And of course military service would increase discipline and harden the young. People are seriously denying this? It would give more perspective than going to Uni that's for sure.

What about the old Polish system, where the Universities train an educational/leadership elite, but that those people are also required to serve as officers in the armed forces? Elites must be capable of leading, and understand what it is in practice.

British system was not much different to this, and did much better than the current set up (and British elite was so much more patriotic when they were serving, than when they all stopped and started infesting the Universities and working sinecures--which just made them ungrateful and bitter and subversive radicals).

This could also make people understand that their education is not free, it is a privilege, and that their being provided with it requires of them certain duties and responsibilities.

>What is WW1.

>Valuable for what? Living in a wood or a week?
You're taking it for granted that you and your family will for the rest of your life live in a functional system.

>Sometimes the bottom of the barrel is what you actually need.
Modern warfare is all about having the brains to apply tactics while being aware of one's surroundings. Being stupid really is no benefit, quite the opposite.

>Its 1914 thinking in 2017. Ask ISIS how that is working for them.
Conventional warfare is so outdated because we will never fight conventional again. It's just special operations in far-away lands. That's what everybody thinks, at least.

>be conscripted
>you're forced to take a one year break from your studies or job
>your girlfriend breaks up with you or if you're particularly unlucky, she'll get preggo with a shitskin and claim the nigglet is yours
>shoot a gun once or twice during the whole duration of your conscription
>go on one field excercise with your gun loaded with blanks only one time during the whole year
>go to the gym a few times a week
>go running in the mornings
>the rest of the time, clean your uniform and room all day everyday
>get so bored you'll start smoking cigarettes and weed, and drink alcohol
>some homosex in the showers
>get out as a complete degenerate
>don't find the will to go back to university or find a job

Yeah, so basically it's a one year break from real life where you won't be doing or learning anything remotely useful and will get out with various addictions.

this sounds like a "you" problem

I don't know, we never had a great track record with concription since the 4th century
also
>wanting to serve the current Italian government
>ever

If I didn't do that and suffer for eleven months I'd be an even bigger beta pussy than I am now, and I'm a pretty big pussy. It is definetly good for the Swedish male to do this, we are so fucking weak.

Finding it amusing that people think the shit is going to hit the fan in the near future but can't see the value in toughening yourself up. To survive (or prosper) in times when hardship will be widespread one must become tough in a time when such things are seen as unnecessary or superfluous. There'd certainly be less SJW manjinas if they'd all been shoved into the armed forces for a couple of years.

Up to a point. It will create a bond between the people that served but also animosity towards the protected classes that evade it. The upper middle class and above almost always weasel their way out.

> stern and fair discipline
Yeah but no. It teaches you not to expect any and not to get caught though.

> a greater sense of collectivism among your fellow countrymen
See #1. In countries that still have one, it's the closest thing to a tribal rite of passage.

> individuals of a country can serve a country in time of war if need be
Nope. In a liberal democracy, conscripts are a liability. Nobody wants to tell voters little Pierre got his legs blown off in some African shithole nobody cares about.

Other benefits :

Socialization: some kids out there don't even have basic social skills and a little time in the military can help them get their shit together, learn to get along with their peers and better deal with authority figures

Keeping NEETs off the street, it might even help them get their shit together, learn some basic skills that could help them get a job after.

Gibs: many older French people saved a little money getting their driving license though military service, getting it is still a big deal to people living in the countryside.

Disadvantages

It's disruptive, It takes a year or two away early in your life that could be used doing something more productive

It can be a place where people get bored and can pick up bad habits like smoking and boozing

It costs a fair deal of money, you need infrastructures, equipment and staff to house, feed and supervise all these kids. Your enlisted staff would probably rather do something else too.

>your girlfriend breaks up with you or if you're particularly unlucky, she'll get preggo with a shitskin and claim the nigglet is yours

Not my proudest fap

im already in as an officer
sure force civilian conscription
more salutes for me

(but honestly we would have to lower standards and it would be a shit show, request denied)

Not every country is like Russia in the 90s.
youtube.com/watch?v=M0w2C9HWuUQ

What we need is Fascist Youth.

Leave, you reddit tier fuck.

>Its 1914 thinking in 2017

>officer
>posts anime

wew, maybe conscription is exactly what we need so its not a circljerk of autists

What fuck is wrong with you?

I unironically think it wouldn't be a bad thing and probably even better than a military service. Like a uncucked Boy Scouts.

you couldnt get in, you arent as good as me.
i order 30 people at minimum around and i like anime.

thoughts on female conscription? those without children

Discipline, survival skills, shooting skills, hand-to-hand combat skills, camarederie.

Served 2 years- best times of my life.

>probably even better than a military service

I agree.

they destroy rank structure
>heyy pretty officer boy, you're in charge of my NCO right... so maybe if i take this off.. and we could have a little fun... maybe you could.. tell my NCO to lay off me right...

why does everyone say this
this girl is actually pretty butt fucking ugly, so I dont understand how the guy was bragging about her. Not warranted at all.

TRANSLAT THIS!!!!

how about segregation?

>tfw got an offer of employment from the defence force today a year after my assessment day, and will be at Kapooka for basic in 2 weeks.

im so fucking nervous but this is something i want so i reckon itll be neat.

how about no girls allowed

The military is a mixture of autists and delinquents

>Finnish troops
>one is named Mustafa

FINLAND YES!

it will be called sexist and shit canned before it even gets passed planning phase

what if we want to fight for our country because some men are too pussy?

mate you're general entry, its a breeze, just tuck your shirt / singlet in all the time

you just want to get your pussy smashed by some millitary boys. yeah i know.

Disadvantages:
-Expensive
-No individualism

I would approve it if everyone needed to go, tough.

>want
how about "cant", maybe try that on for size luv

I've been asked to leave 7 primary schools when I was a kid and almost got expelled from my highschool. I'm 23 will I be able to join the army?

yeah but i feel like im getting fucking whiplash from the idea that ill be started on my career so soon, sortof thought id have some time.

fucking typical seeing as i had just gotten a job after like a year and a half doing nothing and was due to start in two weeks as well, when i got the call today.

also have fitness test again tomorrow morning at 7:45 and im so fucking nervous even though i should be fine to pass it.

>Waste a year of your life to train to protect
>Your country's women right to fuck as much as they want with countless chads without any consequence
>And pay with your taxes any wrong that may come from it for life

The west has failed men. Why should men protect it, let alone sacrifice time & effort for it?

ive tried to join, and i wont. i have too many years of uni ahead of me

You're right, let's Make Comfort Women Great Again.

if you graduated high school with 4 C grades can pass medical, psych and an iq test sure

>Forcing a whole generation at a time to serve in the military

How can you propagate this while you are in your mommies basement eating cheetos?

My IQ is normal, sitting at 103. I was just a bad kid and still some how managed to pass with C's and B's... Should I go through a military college and go for an officers role instead of a rifleman?

planning on long term or just 4 years?

you need iq of 120 to unlock the officer job
its also reslly competitive, need prior leadership experience like business owner

>doubt

you also need to pass 2 days of testing in canberra

Heh user. Russian Armed Forces are a piece of crap. Noone but the most brainwashed individuals wants to serve in this piece of shit.
I can understand swiss, austrians and fins: they REALLY have something worth to protect. Their countries aren't a pieces of gaebage. And my country is. If you are serving in a coscripted service in this country you are protecting that filthy regime and oligarchy, not national pride and people.

>tried to join
>tried

Either you do or you don't. You just made yourself look foolish to those who have.

yeah i missed an entire word, it shouldve been "never tried to join" but the damage had already been done.

>requirement of iq of 120
theres no way this is accurate

you think they let any knuckle head direct entry into commanding 30 people, with their lives in your hands? you have to be better than the men you lead mentally and physically

Mandatory training - yes, for the upper classes. Service and conscription? Hell no, it breeds pathology, ruins lives for people simply incapable of military life, brings undesirable elements into the army. The only armies should be volunteer / professional.

Are you able to avoid serving in the russian army somehow?

Maybe. I have skoliozis(idk how the curved back is called in english). I'm 17 by now, but I'll be 10 in ocober. I need to make X-ray of my spine to figure out. There's actually other posibilities, for example - going to college/university frees you from conscription. But you will complete that shit in 5-7 years, while any male from 18 to 27 years old is ordered to serve

Oi cunt i'm going for an officer position, any tips on the OSB?

how far along are you

Assessment day interview in 2 weeks

have you gotten an invitation to an officer selection board preparation session at DFRC yet?

>I'm 17 by now
>>>/global/rules/2

Not yet as i haven't done the psych, medical, initial interview yet (that's coming up in 2 weeks). But the more info i can get, the sooner i can get it, the better.

Pretty good, there's more voluntary women going in there aswell in Estonia (not mandatory for females) and they leave being pregnant. Birth rates rise.

the main thing is, the people at the prep session are your competition, find out there credentials etc if you have shit luck and get a bunch of 25 year old ex business owners who can do 100 pushups and situps you are probably fucked. what corps as well?

> Conscripts get butchered by Profesional armies
> This is why the British Expeditionary force lasted 6 months.

You are such a fucking cunt.
I bet you're
1) still at fucking duntroon or ADFA
2) a pog faggot
3) if none of them you're a faggot fucking lid.
Officers at duntroon are as dumb as any grunt I've met stop talking shit.

> people simply incapable of military life

You don't give women combat roles.

More footsoldiers for ZOG.

t. dumbfuck grunt

you cant get the higher jobs without unlocking them with the iq test, there are ten tiers. that fact alone btfos you.

Ideally i'd like to go into infantry or intelligence but i'd be open to any field role (armour, artillery, ect).

Mate my IQ test was fine for any job. Just because someone chooses to be a grunt doesn't mean they're a dumb cunt.

infantry and intelligence are top 20% of rmc graduates. better score high

sure buddy, hows the lower pay and saluting going?

i am sure you totally did that on purpose

theyll look at you moving schools or being expelled as being the sort of person who doesnt play well with others, the psych interviewer will ask you about those and it wont look good at all

i had a very average time at school and got bs and cs (one a in yr 12) and got an ATAR of 72.5. they asked me about those grades in psych interview and they then asked my why i think my aptitude testing scored so much better so i said soimething about "better to learn practical skills on the job than learning shakespeare tied to a desk" and they seemed happy with that.

there are a LOT of jobs that arent officer jobs and also arent rifleman. look into your options a bit more closely rather than seeing your options as "rifleman or officer"

hopefully long term but i the job i got is the sort of thing that can directly translate into the civilian world (emergency responder/firefighter in the army) seeing how enormously competitive firefighters are in the civilian world having such a good background would certainly make things so much easier.

look at all your qualifications and think what is "wrong" with them, like if you had a break in employment for a long amount of time, or think about how youd answer questions based on how you would react or respond to stressful situations. things like would you shoot someone if you had to. depends on what type of officer because unless youre in a combat role a lot of the officer positions are logistical or administrative. for your assessment day commit the job descriptions on the website to memory because he will ask you everything about them. remember names of bases and equipment specs (155mm M777 artillery piece, aus steyer f87 5.56mm*45, etc

What's an f87? You pog fuck.

he should just not mention anything except his highschool graduation grades

they literally dont care about anything else sans uni

you know some people would be happier to be doing a physically demanding job rather than pushing papers around, right? i wasnt interested in an officer position so i didnt even apply, though my options were non-combat officer roles because of a grade of colour blindness, though i couldve been any of the other types of officer in any of the 3 branches but didnt think the idea of managing logistics and sitting in an office was appealing remotely.

maybe cunts who actually want to engage the enemy might not wanna be an officer? I know you're a pog LT who could never be wrong but think for a second.

its an australian manafactured ( Thales ) version of the F88 Steyr

F-87 AUSteyr

f88 i mean. and what the hell does pog fuck mean?

what the fuck do you think an infantry officer does in actual deployments you fuck wit

I'll take that advice, so any tips for the OSB? there isn't really much info i can find on it online. The website mentions "leadership activities", any example on what these are?

This is the only thing that's true.
>stern and fair discipline
Wrong. When service is mandatory, disclipline is lower than it would be otherwise.
>a greater sense of collectivism among your fellow countrymen
Only among those who joined voluntarily.
>individuals of a country can serve a country in time of war if need be (and will be prepared if so).
All citizens get mobilized during war anyway, military or civilian.

As far as I know, my country is the only one in the Baltics where service is not mandatory.
There were talks about making it mandatory here too, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

I wanted to join too, but thankfully came to my senses right before turning 18.
But if they actually start to draft, I will not avoid it.