Is God "He" or "It"

Is it a mistake to assign human characteristics to God? Is it possible that God's characteristics were conformed to be understood by Jews in the physical world? I am having a difficult time finding evidence to prove or disprove this idea aside from some disorganized internet posts by "modern Jewish theorists." Applies to other Abrahamic faiths as well.

The bible says God is a he, Jesus calls God his father.

It, or They. God is one, It has no need for sexual reproduction or the genders that come from that. Even in the simulation scenario, if God is a programmer who wrote the code for our universe, who is one of a larger species, which happens to use binary sexual reproduction, their sexes would certainly be almost nothing like ours.

Is something that doesn't exist an anything?

Yahweh (the Hebrew deity most people in our culture call "God" as if that's a name) is male.

n/a

Oh. So he transcends space and time but also has a huge dick?

Does God have a feminine penis or boipussi?

It is important to note that his dick also transcends space and time, therefore making it one whopper of a cock.

Christ is King.

God took human form as a male, and spoke of the Lord as 'Father'.

The Holy Spirit is the only genderless member of the Trinity.

in catholic prayers you literally talk to god in the same way you talk to another person

He because women can't do anything right

God made man in his image, not a woman's. God is always referred to as he. God's spirit moved upon Mary and she was with child.
God is always referred to as a male gender.

Forget applications to other faith. I know God is referred to as a male gender and IDGAF about gender studies. I'm asking if, in the Hebrew Bible, Moses used the term "He" in an attempt to describe an intellectual being that could not be accurately portrayed using language at that time. In other words, God could be a spirit or energy that does not directly speak or have humanoid behaviors, but was described in such a way that he could be conceptualized and understood for the sake of making the covenant and Jewish Law.

I need God to be a man, otherwise I couldn't believe that all that is wrong in the world is put in place to make us stronger and better servants to him.

If God is a woman, I would have to accept all the shit as a result of incompetence.

>Is it a mistake to assign human characteristics to God?
No, that's the nice thing about imaginary characters. You can describe them however you want because they aren't real.

There's no reason to believe this save theological revisionism. At the time of Moses, the Hebrews were polytheists, with both male and female deities. Given that, it seems far more likely that Moses was simply using the correct gender for the deity in question, rather than being forced to anthropomorphize some abstract superforce that no one believed in.

God is a woman because there are a lot of rules.

Good point. It's hard for me to conceptualize a man-god but I guess there are somethings you can't argue.

The Bible personifies Him in terms we understand. If the Bible was written for snake people He probably wouldn't use a term like Father considering snakes are born alone

God is an "Isn't"

He is both he and she. Because they made Adam in their own image, and than separated Eve from Adam, therefore "They" had both characteristics in the first place. But God interacts with biblical characters through masculine image.

This would mean that all men also contain womanhood within them and Gay Marriage is okay