Is Dune redpilled?

Is Dune redpilled?

Is it true that the best form of governance is a benevolent dictator/monarch?

Other urls found in this thread:

hewillnotdivide.us/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A single leader who makes decisions, both good or bad, but always trusted or respected by its people can do so much more than in a democracy,

Right? I mean, it would seem it would be best to take a bunch of kids and train them from birth to be a good leader. Have the best one be adopted by the current emperor and continue on doing that. Sorta like the Roman emperors (til Marcus fucked up and had his son succeed him).

"Monarchies have some good features beyond their star qualities. They can reduce the size and parasitic nature of the management bureaucracy. They can make speedy decisions when necessary. They fit an ancient human demand for a parental (tribal/feudal) hierarchy where every person knows his place. It is valuable to know your place, even if that place is temporary. It is galling to be held in place against your will. This is why I teach about tyranny in the best possible way—by example."

>burgers will think this is just a meme

Get the fuck outta here with your weak and useless monarch.

I agree but problems arise when that trusted and respected leader dies and is replaced, like Augustus by Tiberius then Caligula.

It is the best form of government. Highly efficient.

It also has the greatest potential to backslide into a failed state should the leader or leader's successor prove utterly incompetent, and attempt to hold on to the reigns of power regardless.

>weak and useless monarch

AHaHAHAHAAHAHAHA

You completely misunderstood the theme of Dune. The point of the entire series was to demonstrate that humans under centralized power systems move toward stagnation, and Leto's Golden Path was to ensure that humanity could never again fall under the rule of a tyrant. (I'm discarding the Bryan Herbert garbage as non-canon.)

You NRx LARPers are illiterate.

yes
long term rule allows for future planning and/or atonement
(hopefully) most worthy successor is appointed by that governor or offspring is born and raise to rule in line with whatever the father and country values
single group to blame and single group to praise

That's why you have in place a system to elect/select the best quality candidates

Name one thing she can or has done that's relevant at all. Your monarchy has been cucked since you made parliament

"Grave this on your memory, lad: A world is supported by four things (...) the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valour of the brave. But all of these are as nothing (...) without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Make THAT the science of your tradition!"

So long as you don't use sandniggers to overthrow an age-old line of emperors, you should be fine.

What exactly was the theme of the series in your own words?

This. The Scattering ensured the survival of the human race, and Brian Herberts books were steaming piles of shit.

The other major theme of the book is that the nature of humanity is to produce black swan disruptions the more that humans are controlled.

The Bene Gesserit spent over a thousand years breeding for their Kwisatz Haderach so as to gain total power in the Imperium, but a single act of disobedience produced Paul Atreides a generation early and the entire status quo was upturned.

Siona, the carrier of a re-emerged gene that hid humans from prescient vision (Fenring also had this marker in the first novel), emerged after 3500 years of Leto's predation of humanity.

Odrade, Teg, Sheeana, and the honored matres all had this same character.

Duncan Idaho at the end of Chapterhouse escaped the control of the hypersentient Tleilaxu by developing the awareness to see them.

His thesis was ultimately that humanity is a wild thing that evades all attempts to control it.

People are such fucking idiots.

yes, but it also has a high risk, like these guys said Proof for benevolent monarchy/tyranny being the best form of government: Frederick the Great. He ruled Prussia for 46 years. In that timespan, he accomplished more for his country than any modern democracy ever could.

I've listened to the audio books and enjoyed them. I also liked the David Lynch film although most people don't seem to like it.

>It is the best form of government. Highly efficient.
>best form of government
>highly efficient

>I mean, it would seem it would be best to take a bunch of kids and train them from birth to be a good leader.

Sounds like fullmetal alchemist

See

Never read dune.

Its difficult to say, if you're talking about the benefits of a governance system you have to take all factors into consideration.

So while yes a benevolent dictator is best for decision making for the benefit of the people you have the problem pf your governance being dictatorial and one your benevolent dictator dies you risk a malevolent dictator taking power, and you have no checks and measures to remove them.

This explains the differences between a democracy/republic and a monarchy/dictatorship simply as this; one system holds leaders in the short term so that the impact they have is lessened for better or worse, the other the impact is prolonged for better or worse.

Easily solved by not having the shitty Roman succession system.

That's correct.

They'd just start killing each other for the power.

>one system holds leaders in the short term so that the impact they have is lessened for better or worse

after 12 years of Merkel and a very high likelihood of another 4, I dont think this is working anymore

HWNDU SEASON FOUR COMMENCES
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

hewillnotdivide.us/

KIKE MODS DELETING THREADS ABOUT IT. SPREAD THE WORD IN THREADS

Dune shows a future where sandniggers rule the world when we wipe out all life and the world becomes a desert.

so more prophetic than redpilled.

Die you not read the second book? It turns to a giant clusterfuck

>That's correct.
No, having a highly efficient government is not ideal, as that it can efficiently oppress it's people. Make it a big clusterfuck that can't get anything done.

one of the greatest sci-fi movies / books of all time... and no niggers, who would have thought.

So everyone should be screwed because of your paranoid fantasies? Efficient doesn't always mean tyrannical.

>get high and rebel against the government

Yeah, totally red-pilled brah

>Efficient doesn't always mean tyrannical.
Initially, no. Eventually, always. Our frame of government was set up to be inefficient as could be reasonably expected and the various branches have been doing their best to undermine it.

Unironically this is the case. Fremen take over, and immediately launch a galaxy wide genocide claiming billions of lives. Any who thinks Paul was some hero figure never read past the first book.

>when people open their mouths to prove they didn't read a book

This happens with Dune almost as much as it does with Atlas Shrugged. You get these people who think they know what the book is about through hearsay, but they've either never read it or have the reading comprehension of a nigger.

leviathan by hobbes

Where does it say that in the rulebook?
And yay for your shitty system being exploited by plutocrats? Because that's far more damaging than any actually useful government.

You have elections, and 12 years is not that long. A dictator might hold power for 50 years or more.

>Where does it say that in the rulebook?
All of human history? Find me the efficient government that hasn't stripped rights away.

>the best form of governance is a benevolent dictator/monarch?

What if the dictator is a Clinton?

>HURR DURR I'LL OVERTHROW HER WITH MUH DADDY'S RIFLE

I would if there were any efficient governments.

>what does benevolent mean

That's the risk you take with dictators. I the dictator is a smart/genuine person, he'll make good decisions. But if he's anything less, you're gonna have a bad time.

billions died to save the entire human species. paul saw the golden path his son had to walk down, all paul had to do was start it.

>Paul Atreides
>Benevolent

>Leto II Atreides
>Benevolent

Yeah that's how reality works out.

While we're at it, I'll fantasize about being ruled by a pink pony that shits candy and gives everybody a new car every single year.

All hail house Harkonnen

Your a poor troll.

>pointing out reality is trolling

Paul was more of a coward than malevolent. He knew what it would take to stop the future he wrought and couldn't walk the path.

Leto sacrificed his own humanity for the sake of humanity's future.

I quit reading after "muh superior female superpowers." There's really no surprise why Reddit loves this book so much.

Hi, Vladimir.

>Is it true that the best form of governance is a benevolent dictator
Yes.
The problem starts when the dictator stops being benevolent or dies.

I want to blow hot, sticky loads all over the queen's face

Don't think of it as the best form.
Think of it as the easiest way to push into a new section of technology or ideology.

When you have a dictator, the dictator could say "build me something to bring water from x to y". The engineers will build something.
While in a village, people are worried about their every day lives. They don't care about the progression of modern technology.

A leader is someone who fairly chooses and balances the lives of his people and also has dreams for the land in which he ives.
During the space race both countries were acting like dictatorships and the result was unsurpassed technological advancement.

It still doesn't mean its the best form of government, obviously since Russia is a complete shit hole.

>literal space jihad