What do you think about individualism? Does it help or harm society?

What do you think about individualism? Does it help or harm society?

Form your own opinion, you fuck

>t. Individualist

>Form your own opinion, you fuck

pottery

>t. Individualist due to being a tripfag in an anonymous collective

(((((Individualism)))))

Western countries were built upon it. Now white altruism is killing it. So I guess, go figure

Well according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders published May 18, 2013 which is the guide used by (((psychiatrists))) to diagnose mental disorders non-conformity is a mental disorder known as Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).

The criteria for an individual to be diagnosed with this mental illness are as follows:
>Becoming annoyed or losing your temper
>Disagreeing with or disobeying authority figures, or refusing to follow rules.
>Causing disturbance about their current social context.

Obviously anyone who exhibits symptoms of ODD should be locked up and kept away from civilised people who know how to obey their masters.

The elites don't want well informed citizens capable of critical thinking.

Sure beats the fuck out of group indentity

Do you have any proof that individualism is a JEWISH idea?

Underrated

he's an idiot.

Group identity is basically post modernism in a nutshell

Individualism doesn't need to exist in conflict with group loyalty. The embodied individual is not at odds with his ancestry or his people, and respects the importance of his civilization, but he develops himself beyond these things according to his unique capacities and passions. His development is circumscribed by his culture.

Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't but I don't care get out of my property

There's a sweet spot between individual liberty and selfishness at a cost to society at large.

But that's kind of irrelevant now because any semblance of coherent society has been destroyed, in the west at least.

Basically this guy?

The point of that meme is to mock those who self identify as centrists, as believing the middle point between two extremes to be the truth is a fallacy.

By the standards of the UK at large in 2017 I am a right wing maniac but as far as I'm concerned I'm correct in most of my assumptions.

>any semblance of coherent society has been destroyed, in the west at least

Explain more britm8.

faggot

Read up on enlightenment philosophers OP.

Individualism created the British Empire.

Collectivism created the European Union.

It depends. Individualism is generally a good thing, as it prevents tall poppy syndrome from taking place and allows people to help the nation in the best way they know how. That being said, if taken too far it can also allows people to screw over their fellow countrymen in the name of individual freedom, and that's no good to anyone.

the whole point of individualism is that it doesn't matter if it helps society or not

You shouldnt try to be different, but if you are thats good for you.

Individualism causes fetishizing of differences. This fetishizing is what cultural Marxism systems prop themselves with. Individuals are individuals with out needing individualism.

The right to non-participation is an essential ingredient for human progress.

>a fundamental idea is the invention of people of a certain ethnicity
kys

>implying one shouldn't enforce and strengthen their own opinions with external ideas
>implying such people who do what is stated above are sheep
t. retard

2bh one of my greatest personal philisophical conflicts is between the inherently collectivist ideals of Nationalism and my beliefs of individualism.

Can individualism exist within a cohesive and collective framwork? I'd like to hope.

Individualism works better when it's based on the family as the "individual unit" so to speak.

Of course it can. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive and only the fetishizing of individualism is incompatible.