From where did this standard that little girls (as in < 10yo) are obligated if not required to wear a top covering the...

From where did this standard that little girls (as in < 10yo) are obligated if not required to wear a top covering the same as a older girl (> 12) and woman, as opposed to a boy of around the same age?

Is this really a thing exclusive to America? Logic dictates that before puberty is reached, boys and girls both look near identical, though with some obvious and subtle differences, in body type, particularly in the chest area. So if they are in essence identical in a physical sense, where does this "value" or "moral" originate from where it's ok to see the bare chest of one but not the other?

How do other Yuropean countries and various other's around the world see this particular issue?

THREAD IS RELEVANT TO Sup Forums, BETTER NOT DELET MODS.

Pedos. Quite honestly there should be no young children should be running around mostly naked, regardless of gender.

>Pedos
Yeah, ok, but that doesn't consider that there are gay pedo's who take full pleasure anyways with the boys chest. So again, why the double standard here?

Because clothing manufacturers want to sell you more stuff because money.

Ok, that certainly sounds like an aftereffect though. Clothing manufacturers wouldn't seem to quite explain why now in our modern culture it's deemed unacceptable to many, particularly here in burgerland.

Clothing manufacturer idea seems more like a response than anything.

Once upon a time, the bare chest of an adult man was considered obscene...

In Australia you see little kids running around naked on the beach all the time. Why do you Americans have to sexualise everything?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. It seems to be something more unique to America than any other country (short of Muslim countries probably).

you are just underage if you have this stupid question

parents think about educating their daughters and it's better if girls get used to wearing bras because it will be a hard transition when the girls needs one and is not used to it

in other words: the mother knows how hard and tiring is wearing a bra, and the younger the girl get used, the better

Mafalda didn't give a shit about wearing tops.

Wearing a beach bikini top =/= wearing a bra. I doubt that many families are going to the beach on a regular basis. And if what you say is true, the mother would be doing this anyways regardless of the beach, which they don't do until they hit puberty.

Your post barely makes any sense.

When we were all Pagans people hardly wore any clothes at all.

it's because you are underage and want (You)s

the girl is taught to behave like her mother because she is a female and it's good to learn that females use bras

before any trans agenda no, trans-trenders faggotry should not apply to kids, period.

I'll try once more: if one day you have a kid, you'll need to take some action aka educating, and clothing takes part of it, it's not automatic

Why are little girls wearing two-piece swimsuits? I've wore one-piece as a little girl, still do now. In Hong Kong, from what I remember, and what I know of other orientals, two-piece swimsuits are only something a girl wears upon puberty, otherwise it has difficulty staying on! It's one piece that covers chest as well for little girls.

Fuck outta here, OP.

Ok, but that's kind of outside the scope of my question, which is, why is one deemed 'morally' acceptable and the other not? We're not talking about the utilization of bras, which girls learn about either immediately before puberty or shortly after, but about the societal objection of seeing one thing over another, though they're in essence identical.

I just want discussion man, no fighting.

It was the Brits who imposed their modesty standards onto everyone in the West. It's got almost nothing to do with religion, really.

Even early on there can be slight differences, small lumps on girls chest.
People have a natural disposition to protect females for example studies done on reaction time to a crying male child vs female.

However the main reason, I think, is the same as the existence of toy phones, jewelry, make up and many pretend household items designed (even toy babies) for very young girls. Children like to act like adults.
I guess it also hopefully helps nurture a sense of modesty in the child as well.

As for other countries, I think it is more a matter of personal taste and modesty even adult women can go topless as long as they aren't doing it at all sexually. I don't think there would be a problem with lying face down on the sand topless on almost all western beaches. If you turn over however you will get attention. Of course there are some areas where it is inappropriate etc.

Most of the time going to the beach in another country (Spain Greece etc) I would see many grown women with no top on.

I want to go to Spain now.

oh ok

it's not wrong with kids. you think it is somehow, but normal people don't care about their little daughters not wearing bras
that is just for the pic because the swim suit is cute, comes with two pieces etc etc

there's no such thing as OMG they are forcing the little girl! they can't look at a little kid topless. it's just you that thinks that way
I'm not happy to be me tell you that tho

I'm not fighting, but I have the impression that the problem is with this "standard" you are perceiving. it doesn't exist

This is a good answer

It is a bit silly. Its been this way forever tho. I dont really think its related to the pedo fear, that was much less a concern before the internet. When I grew up in the 80s, little girls wore tops, mostly one piece bathing suits tho.

Its just culturally unacceptable for females of any age to bare their chest in the US. Its silly, but so is a lot of our culture.

Yeah I get that man, but it's just an interesting thing to note, and I'd like to know where this notion came from and when. Things don't just pop out of nothing for no reason.

bump

TITS or GTFO

t. Peddofagg

>Logic dictates that before puberty is reached, boys and girls both look near identical, though with some obvious and subtle differences, in body type, particularly in the chest area

Male and female bodies are designed significantly different even from birth, we're just not mentally equipped to see them because evolutionary there is no reason to notice a difference.

But there is a difference in muscle and skeletal make-up, and other features like face and voice, and that is why gender differences are typically enforced around the age of 8/9 when children start looking less like dwarfish blobs and gain a more obviously hominid shape.

Uhhh... the fuck? Why do you care? Literally. Why do you give a shit? They'll be wearing bras all their lives when they start growing up, so I really don't see the issue. This thread needs to be deleted.

The reason breasts are covered up is because they're sensitive and get caught on things, which is why genitals are also obscured.

Modesty sort of developed alongside it, presumable men and women enjoyed being able to cover up there because it's a pretty volatile part of the body, and so it stuck.

Uh...what the fuck are you on about?
Also, our beaches have kids running about in the nude 100% of the time, literally nobody cares.