What is it like to grow up with parents that smoke weed?

What is it like to grow up with parents that smoke weed?

Its pretty cool. My parents grew up in the 60s during the civil rights era and were part of weather underground and black panthers (they were the only two whites in their chapter).

Parents who smoke weed are generally more tolerant and open minded so when I was unsure about my identity as a young boy they taught me to explore my sexuality and I eventually found out I was Transgender.

I don't understand why you nazis have such a big problem with smoking weed. My grandpaerents escaped that stuff after being persecuted for the faith by the nazis, and are very glad they moved here.

>Dead from lung cancer at 55
Not great.

No idea, my parents have never done drugs in their lives recreationally, they haven't even been drunk once in all 29 years I've known them

I inhaled the smoke as a baby and now I am kind of slow and I can't form sentences without stuttering but that could be because of the childhood trauma from having a junkie as a dad

Good post. Made me chuckle. Have a (you).

check

I didn't but a best friend of mine from high school, who I'm still friends with, his parents smoked, smoked with us and even gave us weed, mostly his dad

Lets just say, my friend didn't really grow up to do much at all. He still lives at home, plays video games and magic the gathering all day, doesn't study, and doesn't have any ambition. He's not a bad guy by any means, but if his parents were a bit stricter he would probably actually be doing something with his life right now

Qualität post.

thanks for the laugh shariablue could learn from you.

I hate it. My dad came from Norway to the Netherlands while he was a hippy in the seventies so he could smoke all the weed he wanted. They say weed isn't addictive but he has been smoking weed his whole life and never stopped. I remember as a young boy he would drive me to a coffeeshop where he would smoke weed for an hour and make me sit in the car alone. Drugs are for degenerates and my father is the reason why I've been drug free my whole life because I never wanted to be like him.

I have a friend like that as well. Seems like he will stay like that for a while.

Dunno, I slammed heroin during my high school years.

Found out recently my dad smoked pot, knew of my addiction and didn't give a fuck.

So, yeah. I guess pot really does mellow you out, to the point where you don't give a single shit about anything.

Yeah it's kind of sad. I really feel his entitlement and laziness wouldn't be there if it weren't for his nonchalant parents. He works a shit job at some golf course and doesn't care at all. He doesn't seem happy but doesn't seem sad, just bored and seemingly content with doing nothing at all in life.

The reason I ask is because my brother is thinking about having kids but he smokes weed all the time.

Both of my parents apparently regularly smoke hash and I didn't even know until I found a couple of their joints in the kitchen one night.

They're probably the 2 hardest workers I've met in my life so it gives me a kek when people say it makes you stupid and lazy

It was degenerate as shit.

My mother basically gave up on parenting when she started smoking. Sure I could get away with pretty much anything, but years later I can look back and say the lack of parenting I got while she was high really damaged my ability to do well in life.

Amazing how our families fuck ups can either conform us to doing the same thing or utterly detesting whatever it is that they do. My uncle is a druggie that has put a huge strain on my family so I never want to act like him or touch non-prescription drugs. Sorry about your dad, user.

>taught me to explore my sexuality
3/10 i read it all

My parents didn't reveal they smoked till I was in college, they did a very good job of keeping that shit under wraps from me cause after I found out, my dad literally did not give a fuck anymore and chiefs everyday now

my dad has been smoking weed since he's a teen. he changed jobs every few months when we were kids. he was agressive as shit and then pretended like nothing happened and all is good after he had his joint.
he was homeless for a while and is now extremely lonely, depressed and suicidal.

good thing is, none of his 3 kids has ever touched drugs thanks to him

>this one black guy I know is cool so I find it funny when others say most of them are bad

Weed doesn't lead to any form of lung cancer....probably that other shit they where doing.

good meme, had me there for a second. you mimic a shariablue/CTR poster perfectly.

The hero this world needs

Consider that maybe those lazy, shitty people were lazy and shitty before they started smoking weed but now they have weed to amplify their shitty behaviour.

>inhaling burning carbon doesn't lead to lung complications and cancer
K

From Netherlands, parents have always worked their asses of but also like to party hard.

Remember them telling me crazy stories and shit.

I actually get it for them nowadays, for me they have shown me that they don't give a shit what you do the night before whether you get really fucked up or whatnot, as long as you wake up and drag your ass to work to do your shit they are basically fine with partying daily.

This. I am in my 30's and ALL of the people I hung out with as a teen that openly smoked weed with their parents are complete fuck-ups. We really just used their houses and parents for a place to smoke. Raise your kids the old fashioned way. Be a complete hypocrite when it comes to your habits.

I'm sure your correct but it is also just as likely that smoking weed formed their personality to be the same. I would think that if a person chose to continue smoking weed once they had children that they have been smoking from a young age. Shouldn't it seem that if they started shortly before having a kid that it would be easier for them to give up the smoking?

>We really just used their houses and parents for a place to smoke.

Exactly. These kids were cool back then because you had a place to smoke comfortably without risking getting in trouble.

>Raise your kids the old fashioned way. Be a complete hypocrite when it comes to your habits.

Couldn't agree more. Sure I smoked in my youth, still do sometimes, but the thought of parents smoking with their kids and their kids friends, is the most degenerate thing to me

My mom got remarried when I was...15? anyways, her new boyfriend smoked mad amounts of weed. and at first we where cool, but as all step fathers go he was a total douche. anyways, I went to go live with them for reasons, for about a year and I didn't smoke weed with him because I'm an introvert who likes to smoke alone, but watching him and his son smoke together and watching the relationship. I'd say smoking does have a terrible effect on a father son relationship. the father becomes way too caring and the son dick rides the father and vice versa. they dick ride eachother ON EVERYTHING. there are no conflicts between them. which is a bad thing, because as a young man, his son is prone to lying and bad behavior whits the father than ignores or tries to justify. I've always believed that pot is great, but causes bad judgment. this kid was introduced to pot by his father, and he dropped out of school in the 11th grade and is a landscaper..I think. point is, weed is not something that you should be bonding over with your kid. bad judgment and no good sense whatsoever can come from weed

they were actually pretty decent caregivers. they hid it from me well from '90 to 2006, and they never gave me a hard time when i experimented a few times

>what is the 60s and 70s
Come on bro do you have to ask what a massive casual

holy fuck stoners need to be gassed

I honestly don't care if my parents smoke weed or not. As long as I know they're responsible and don't ruin their lives I'm okay with it.

both my parents beat cancer years ago thanks to smoking big weed and now i'm not an orphan so it's pretty nice desu

My parents were fucking hypocrites. They both smoked before they had me. As its gotten more accepted they started hating it more.

I only tried it for the first time this year and I'm 22. I was left wondering what the big deal was about it.

I don't blame people for hating weed for what seems like irrational reasons. The reason I thought it was bad was because everyone I loved and trusted lied to me about it. My perspective was warped to say the least.

My father was murdered over drug money and my mother is spending the rest of her life in prison for drugs. When I was 5 in the span of 2 months I was present during a home invasion and SWAT raid.

So great senpai.

That sucks bro, sorry to hear that. I could never imagine an upbringing like that. At least you probably learned to live a good life after seeing that happen right?

My mother gave me my first joint when I was 13. Continued to supply me with weed throughout my teens. She told me that she had "one little joint :)" while she was pregnant with me and laughed. I've never felt more disappointed with her than when she revealed that. I've quit smoking now that I am in college and I regret that she introduced me to weed. I think I would have been better off without it.

I went to Juvenile and county jails few times but my extremely religious aunt took me in after my 3rd arrest and I've been clean, sober and hard working since. Last time I went to jail I was 20. Im 27 now and own a pressure cleaning company with my brother and pull in close to 100k the past 3 years.

I don't talk to my mother and most of my family. My aunt is considered an outcast in the family.

Before you ask, we are white.

I wish my parents blazed I need some fucking weed and can't get any till tomorrow

Fucking terrible, my mom and step dad are both crusty hippies that sold their house and now live on a little sail boat off an island. My dads a functioning hippy and had a good job at least.

They saved no money for me.

I'm glad you got through it bro, good for your aunt for being a good person and helping you out where her family fucked up.

>Before you ask, we are white.

Happens to everyone, sad

Basically the same as parents who don't smoke weed, I think

I'm not sure though because my parents are also alcoholics

Seems a comfy life

Do your own money faggot

Yea she really didn't have to. She has kids of her own. But they're good people too.

A decent amount of my aunts and uncles and cousins are serving prison sentences right now. The others will go in any day now for some stupid shit they'll eventually do. It's a sad existence. My grandpa died in prison also.

Shit sucks being white trash. I spent 18 , 4 and 7 months in juvie when I was a kid.

weird
very, very weird

My father has smoked pot since I was a child.

However, he does it because he injured his back in a car accident, but couldn't afford surgery or to stop working.

He has told me he doesn't get high from it, it just reduces the pain and helps him sleep.

That's wonderful that he has restraint.

My parents introduced me to the stuff.
They were both posh kids in the 60s who embraced the youth revolution, but didn't go off the deep end and become permanent children. They started smoking more into their middle ages with family and friends. They're still toff in heritage. They were just liberal with marijuana.

There's always a joint going around during famiy gatherings late after the kids have gone. to bed.

No problem with it - 26 now, been smoking since 12. Always paid my bills, rent, have a good job and even smoke all day at the job and was raised right

Cocaine however after my mom met her new BF, it went to shit. We moved 13 times in 3 years, we got kicked out on december 24th...

Weed is no problem, except for losers, junkies and people without discipline

>Shit sucks being white trash. I spent 18 , 4 and 7 months in juvie when I was a kid.

You're not white trash bro, don't think of yourself that way. Like you said, you escaped that lifestyle, you would only be considered white trash if you continued down that path, you improved yourself despite the adversity and are now successful, with being given much less than most people from your demographic. Good for you for getting there

As always, fpbp.

Ditto, here. We never respected the parents and the son used to steal his parents weed. When his mom went out wed trash the fuckin house and raise fuckin hell. We had a blast but never respected his folks. Then one time we accidentally burned down his detached garage. Funny thing is we didn't give a shit....Fuuuuuck those were the days!!!!

I mean it's probably a bit different than what your question entailed. My father mainly does it in the morning when he gets up, at night before he goes to bed, and then 2 times or so throughout the day. He also always did it outside so there was no smell.

Though he has insurance now because he got a promotion at work, and he has a surgery scheduled in 6 months.

The Doctor who did X-Rays on him said his spine was so fucked up he was surprised he could even move around with how much pain he should be in. It's probably why he doesn't even get high, it just dulls the pain.

It's also a hell of a lot cheaper, less addictive, and has fewer side effects than shit like Oxy, which they'd give you now.

My parents were genuine beatnik hippies, but I found it impressive to find out at like age 19 that they had both smoked semi regularly for years and neither myself nor any of my siblings ever picked up on it.

I hope that the surgery goes well.

Smoking weed is no more inherently bad than drinking alcohol. It's the mindset of the smoker that makes it a problem.

If a person can't cope with day-to-day activities without smoking, then they will never be able to cope with the stress of parenthood.

>Ditto, here. We never respected the parents and the son used to steal his parents weed. When his mom went out wed trash the fuckin house and raise fuckin hell. We had a blast but never respected his folks. Then one time we accidentally burned down his detached garage. Funny thing is we didn't give a shit....Fuuuuuck those were the days!!!!

Not even kidding, this literally sounds exactly like what me and my friends did. It was a blast and I'll have those memories forever, but at the same time, those parents are total fucking failures and I would feel awful if I allowed teenagers to do that shit in my house kek

>weedfags are so deformed that they unironically think that there's no smell when they smoke """outside"""

Can you leaf faggots NOT do drugs??
FFS
You all talk like fucking paladins but you're fucking heroin junkie scum.
Don't blame your dad, you're a fucking junkie loser.
Im sure you would've kept banging heroin regardless.

Please die of Hep C you nasty fucking canadian

weed cures cancer

My dad took about 200 mg of adderall a day. When he didn't have it he was a different person. He was always angry no matter what. Really dont like the guy, he was like a dry alcoholic. He is psychopathic and so maladjusted to the world I don't talk to him anymore.

There is literally nothing right about canacucks. Every single facet of their existence is a flaw at best, a blight upon humankind on average.

I understand you're Canadian, so I'll make sure to use small words:

>Go outside
>Smoke
>Wait outside for a bit
>Come inside
>Change your clothes
>Put the clothes that have smoke on them into the washing machine

Congratulations, you now don't smell.

stfu scum

I'd rather have parents that smoke weed than if they were drunks.

my mom smoked weed once and hated it
my dad probably smoked more but never got into it habitually and then had kids and quit drinking and smoking altogether
I became an alcoholic and coke addict because I thought degeneracy was cool because my parents were squares. I wish my parents were more strict. At least I'm clean now, but I needed the red pill a long time ago

>backpedaling this hard
Weedfag logic

My parents used to smoke weed and do other hallucinogens. They taught me not to do drugs

> Be a complete hypocrite when it comes to your habits
Lol just found out the kid smoked weed with her friends. I won't tell u how old I am, but she's 13 and couldn't be in more trouble
Mfw I smoke every single night and my wife knows I smoke but not every day
Mfw I didn't ground, but pulled the whole "I am disappoint" with her and lectured her about how it kills ambition.
Mfw I make 100k+ per year
Mfw ive cheated every drug test given to me for 35 years.
Mfw I've smoked weed continuously and almost everyday for 35 years.
Maybe I'm a bit dad-bod and otherwise sly-lazy but I turned out alright. All my friends from HS are sucking the lowlife jobs dick right now tho, waiters, beer pourers, D list DJs etc.

this

>parents ask why you changed your clothes
>no excuse
>get busted

i think of trying to do my usual daily routine while high and it terrifies me. that's exactly why i only smoke at night when everyone else has gone to bed and the odds of me needing to do anything of importance reach their lowest point

christ i walked to the corner store for drinks while baked and it was stressful as fuck for me, i don't get people who spend their lives baked 24/7

try looking up this wacky crazy word known as "relativity" the next time you decide to spout off a memetext, fucko

"I had an accident."

Wow that was hard.

You dont smell, your breath smells a little bit but you can just chew a stick of gum
If your clothes somehow smell go to a hookah bar

>the only way to ingest marijuana is with your lungs

t.faggot

Basically You need to get gassed or get educated.

>parents ask you why you changed your clothes

First, we were referring to my father smoking, and second: What sort of parents are going to hound you about changing clothes? It doesn't make sense on either level, leaf.

>being this retarded
Canada

>changing all your clothes because you accidentily peed your pants
SUUUUURRRREEEE

weed dad here. it sucks. my daughter don't smoke and therefore i can't steal weed from her.

not locking yourself in the bathroom and smoking and taking a shower, i think my parents thought i was masturbating for like 5 hours a day (and I was)

No different than having any other boomer as a parent. They're all developmentally arrested. They never matured past the age of 20. They do stupid shit and you're forced to compensate by being the grownup in the family.

I started smoking the weed in high school thereabouts and most of my grades suffered. Lived in rural white america though so it was no big deal as I could make a living doing handee work. But then after I stopped smoking the weed I started a business and am now flourishing.

>First, we were referring to my father smoking, and second: What sort of parents are going to hound you about changing clothes? It doesn't make sense on either level, leaf.
All parents. Remember as a kid having to write up excuses just for going to the bathroom too many times since parents always made sure you answered in detail?

>weedtards are so fucked this is what they think

Hopefully you have cancer

suuuure

>A pigeon shit on it
>My friend spilled something
>I fell in a puddle

>doing something with your life

When will this meme end?
Who the fuck cares what you're doing with your life if you're just gonna die in the end?

The only two viable paths one should follow is either spiritual enlightenment in case there is an afterlife, or pure hedonism in case we're just biological machines which ceases to be once we die.

Seriously, why would ANYONE who looks at life from an objective point of view care about success when it's all temporary? It's just a trick made up by society so its lemmings will be productive because society couldn't thrive if everyone only cared about spirituality/hedonism.

you're not a grownup

>after 2 minutes
>banging starts happening
>"WHY YOU IN THERE SO LONG"
>get busted

Idk

But I knew other kids parents who smoked weed and every single one of them was a disgusting piece of trash.

boomers were a mistake

What do you know, Chang?

Okay junkie faggot. Go suck some dick, bang some dope and blame your dad you're a junkie addict faggot.

They're genetic trash of the whites.

>muh nihilism
holy shit read some philosophy nigger

Well it is true
Get out of ur basement leaf

Have you ever smoked weed before? You know the most, if not all of a lingering smell on you can be removed with some chewing gum and by taking off the jacket you were wearing?

Dad smokes weed daily.

He's a generally anxious person and it really doesn't help.
It's probably fucked with his head a bit too. He tried to hook up with his college ex while he was married to my mom because he claimed they were "soul mates" and that was provable because of the existence of quantum entanglement.

If that isn't some fucking stoner bullshit I don't know what is.