Car Industry Dead - Autonomous car tech is working

The entire vehicle industry worldwide is about to be destroyed. Anyone who has any investments in a car company needs to divest immediately. Those stocks are fucking dead.

The End of Ownership of automobiles is here. This also effects oil prices heavily.

The change over is happening. Reminder: SELL any oil and transport companies asap. By the end of the year every single car company in the world will be down in value by 40%.

Self-Driving Cars are performing above expectations.

Don't forget that also includes all related industries, like maintenance, parts, road construction, etc.

In a decade or two, a suburban family of five with teenagers, 16, 17, and 18 will own one, maybe two cars:
>Dad wakes up first and car drives dad to work at 7a
>Car drives back home, takes teenagers to school at 8a
>Car drives back home, takes mom on errands all day
>Car drops mom and all her stuff off at home, goes to get the teenagers from school at 4p
>Car drops teenagers off and goes to get dad at 5p
>Car takes everyone to go see a movie at 7p

>buying a car that the cia can use to suicide you without a trace

hmmmm

>automation thread

Fuck off

Yeah. Except the major car companies will be the ones selling automated cars ya frickin reeetard

You won't have a choice

Every business and city will slowly remove parking spaces. Once you have 90% of people not driving their own vehicle it becomes really easy to ban them.

The volume is far different. The market will anticipate this and people will wake up. Hence a market crash on transports and oil.

Right now people don't realize this yet, but by the end of the it will be priced in.

We are at peak auto. The fact it is a shrinking market will shrink the stock values. The margins and volume on self-driving vehicles is shit and the car companies are not worth the same value in that environment.

>muh paranoid schizophrenic delusions
>muh unwarranted self importance syndrome
You can neck yourself right now and no one will give a damn, especially the CIA.

just go back to riding fucking horses

im not giving up my independence

literally no one cares faggot

You will at most have the illusion of control. Meaning the computer system will ensure that you don't cause a crash or fuck up traffic flow.

So at best, you will be allowed to play with the wheel and pretend you have control.

Get fucked Luddite.

>literally unhackable
>no computers
>rudimentary ignition system
>fucking carburetors
>fun to drive
>easy to maintain
>look better than cars on the road today
>sound great
TAKE THE CLASSIC CAR PILL

horses are fun to ride too

You can get a computer and simulate free driving if you want, or go to a track.

>The End of Ownership of automobiles
so theres self driving cars but people cant own them?

It depends on how efficient you want things to be. A smart consumer won't want to own a car once self-driving works. A smart government or car company won't sell them.

not giving up my cars

also here horses are still technically street legal. checkmate faggot

>A smart consumer won't want to own a car once self-driving works.

so they make self driving cars but nobody owns them and nobody sells them? so how do we get around now even though we could all just own perfectly good self driving cars?

I for one, welcome our new self-driving overlords.

After all, if a computer can beat me in chess it can probably drive better than me too.

Guess you don't know shit about how long it takes tech to fully integrate into society.

fleets will own them, aka uber, and you will order them on demand via app

It will cost you 1/5th of normal monthly cost.

>The End of Ownership of automobiles is here.
Who will own the self driving cars? Apparently you assume they will be self-owning libertarian cyber-beings.

>SELL any oil and transport companies asap.
self-driving cars are not going to reduce transportation.>By the end of the year every single car company in the world will be down in value by 40%.
Somebody's going to be making the self-driving cars, obviously.

>all related industries, like maintenance, parts, road construction, etc.
incoherent. self driving cars will require maintenance, roads, oil changes, etc. just as much as non-self driving cars.

>In a decade or two, a suburban family of five with teenagers, 16, 17, and 18 will own one, maybe two cars:
so.. much like they do now?
>Every business and city will slowly remove parking spaces.
What on earth will they do with the space? Take a look at a shopping mall on google earth... it's 75% plus parking lot. >The margins and volume on self-driving vehicles is shit
Nah. volume might be somewhat down, but margins will be up. Somebody has to make the self driving cars -in a capitalist economy, that implies that they will be making a profit.

You're dumb.

investors are proactive

>investors are proactive
Yeah. That's why 'investors' totally predicted the 2008 crisis and prevented all the mortgage scams just in time to prevent the financial crisis.

just fuck yourself, retard.

your points are shit

uh

I won't buy that bullshit.
If it drives itself at all I won't use it.

>your points are shit
Great rebuttal there
SAGE

lmao Rekt

Like he's worried about himself.
Are you fucking retarded?
They can assassinate anyone with it.
Including people who are actually important.

This. Some idiots will do it but even if it's reliable enough to become the norm, it'll take a generation or two for the majority of people to begin to trust it. Regardless, it's a Jewish conspiracy.

It's trash that shouldn't exist.
Fuck self driving bullshit.
Ride a train or use uber.

The vehicles will go to fleets ala taxi fleets owned by companies like Uber, Google, etc.

Self driving vehicles reduce idle time on a vehicle. A self-driving taxi vehicle for instance would be working 24/7. Just imagine how many cars and vehicles are idle in the block around you. It's inefficient

Anyone with any knowledge of logistics would understand these things.

Your points are low IQ and basically so wrong it wasn't worth explaining why. If you made some good points that aren't retarded on first glance I might care about responding.

If the car doesn't have a clutch pedal, it ain't for me.

I used to own a 70 Chevelle 396. I took it top speed on the freeway one night, the car was shaking, steering wheel too. Fun times.

> cia assasinates with an automated car
> said brand crashes due to loss of trust
> implying a car brand would allow this
> implying the cia couldnt kill you right now

retard

shitposters are High value targets

>A self-driving taxi vehicle for instance would be working 24/7
This is a vast exaggeration people are still going to sleep at night. There are still going to be rush hours, lunch hours, etc.

>Anyone with any knowledge of logistics would understand these things.
You should get in touch with someone like that.

>basically so wrong it wasn't worth explaining why.
If you've got time to post on chans, your time isn't worth so much that you cant expound to stupid people. A more likely explanation for your lack of a rebuttal is that you yourself are stupid.