/SIG/ - Self-Improvement General

>Discord Server (read the #announcements for rules and info)
discord.gg/MeXYAKe
>This week's book club book
How to Win Friends and Influence People

Discussion on Sunday

>This week's film club movies
The Wrestler

Discussion on Saturday

ITT: Post about what kind of Sup Forums-related books you are reading and Sup Forums-related activities you are doing to help yourself live closer to the ideal of your political ideology.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25414824
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26853923
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26707634
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230619
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26355190
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25415255
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20515497
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22333737
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4359818/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4245565/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3427880/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3349038/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15474873
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
qz.com/716157/indias-146-billion-it-industry-has-no-idea-what-will-happen-to-its-european-business-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Been reading the book and watched the movie last night.

I wouldn't have checked out the book were it not for the club and it's definitely worth a read.

I'm rereading it now.

It's pretty neat overall how people are so based around pride.

Yeah, I've already been trying some of the advice.

IIRC my dad used to have a copy and it's made me rethink some of the conversations I had with him over the past few years

Heard a lot about the book, never really got into it. I will give it a try in a coupl of days.

My impression was always that it was a self-help book so I was dismissive of it. As have been the people around me when I first start talking about it.

It's actually pretty well-based in psychology and I don't regret reading it

Why not commit suicide? You're never going to make something of yourself.

Oh,and it goes without saying just how beautiful the movie is.

The book and movie go hand-in-hand because you need to realize there is a world outside of your interests

it's an easy to digest read. I have a link to a google doc of the book in the discord if you're interested

tl;dr have more white babies and stop being so soft

>That quote

One of my goals is to get married in my late 20s and have 4 children

I was listening to Stefan Molymeme the other day and he mentioned how mothers raise good kids but fathers make good adults.

It's another reason to self-improve.

A world without traditionalism is a world where no one is fulfilled.

yup, same.

my ex-gf was a good catholic girl from a family of 8

I'm gonna try and go for 4 minimum as well

Where do I find quality girls? Only church?

I keep hearing a lot about how unwilling most millennials are to commit to relationships now because they can just get relationship simulators (tinder, FWBs, etc.)

Be careful about looking for women at a church, most big churches are going to be full of fairly loose women

so then where do I find quality qts?

Small towns, stay away from the cities. Find a girl from a decent family who wants to be a mother. They do exist.

Dosent have to be at church, I like going to book stores, youll find girls who are shy and qt and not retards

My ex-gf was pretty redpilled. I'm 21 and she was 18 when we met. Holocaust denier and redpilled on white genocide.

Just have hobbies and dedicate yourself to anything worthwhile.

>tfw lost 12 lbs this week

this too, small town girls are better. Ask for fun when you first start talking if she'd ever have kids

I think I had asked my ex within like 2-3 weeks if she ever planned to have kids

Interesting.

So go to niche locations to find traditional women? Specifically targeting shy women?

I don't watch anime, but what about animecons?

congratulations

Veganism/veggie is the ultimate self-improvement

Vegetarian and Vegan diets have been shown to have the following benefits.

(VE = veggy) (V = vegan) (B = both).

>(VE) protection against cardiovascular diseases, cardiometabolic risk factors, some cancers and total mortality (1)
>(V) the above benefits and additional protection from obesity, hypertension, type-2 diabetes, and cardiovascular mortality (1)
>(VE) Improved glycemic control in T2 Diabetes (2)
>(V) significantly lower risk for overall cancer (3, 5)
>(VE) lower risks for diabetes, diverticular disease and eye cataracts (4)
>(B) less likely to suffer from hypertension (5)
>(VE) better metabolic profile (6)
>(B) lower anxiety (7)
>(VE) less negative emotions, improved mood (8, 9)
>(V) alleviates symptoms of Osteoarthritis (10)
>(V) healthier gut microbiota profile with more anti-inflammatory and disease-preventing microbiota (11)
>(VE) improves insulin resistance (12)
>(VE) reduces oxidative stress and improves the bodies anti-oxidant status (12, 13, 14)
>(V) half as much risk for developing hyperthyroidism (15)

1 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
2 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25414824
3 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26853923
4 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26707634
5 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
5 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230619
6 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26355190
7 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25415255
8 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20515497
9 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22333737
10 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4359818/
11 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4245565/
12 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3427880/
13 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3349038/
14 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15474873
15 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

This guy has a decent idea

Like the book of the week says, you should always try to have interest in them as a person when you get to know them

Great job

Thats a bit much, unless you're 200 over weight, then keep up the good work.

go post this shit in r9k

fuck off

I'd imagine a bit of it is just water weight. You lose a lot of weight when you first start eating at a deficit because of water weight loss

women who watch anime are generally anxiety ridden wrecks begging for any attention they can get

idk man my gfs have been mostly nerdy type girls. my last gf was in her schools marching band and she was a math whiz who did calc for fun

Im a retard at math but maybe try a chess club or something similar

Even if it interests you, stay far FAR away from cons

>Source, go to ECCC every year

do not confuse nerdy with "geek" girls

geek culture is materialistic trash and so are the girls in my experience

this

they attract attention whores who like neckbeards drooling at them

>HURR EAT GRASS, GUYS! DOMN'T HURT THE CUTE ANIMALS!

This is the cancer that is plagueing our society! Meat has helped huans evolve from primates to what we are today. It has helped our brains becomre bigger and more functunal. THe human is a carnivore just look at it's teeth.
But after thousands of yers some pople that live in a well-supplied part of the world start thinking that having the diet of a cow is great???
If this is some bain then congratulations you achieved what you were after!

TL;DR- DON'T EAT GRASS! YOU ARE NOT A GIRAFFE!

shoo shoo merchant

men need meat for testosterone

eat beef, pork and chicken

I'm going to shill again for The Way of Men.

If you guys are leaning towards monarchy or any general variant of hierarchy, this can help articulate your thoughts.

Even putting that aside, if you're interested in the concept of tribalism or why the concept of having a 'gang' is so pervasive, it helps put it together.

Is something wrong with me if I don't mind gore?

I'm trying to find the best way to have constant, affordable and healthy energy.

I've finally got my shit together, about to get a huge promotion at my job, but I'm always extremely tired when I come home and simply can't do anything those nights, which is shitty.

I'm just really not sure which things are real science, and which are meme science to push a current dietary agenda.

Tried that MCT oil coffee shit, and honestly, it tastes good but I still felt hungry after and you're supposed to not eat with it. I want to get away from caffeine though and just have natural energy.

thanks guys

im assuming is right, its what i figured

Can anyone please help me... any advice that's not ''kys'' will do.

How do I deal with a broken spirit?
I'm 28 years old, have had at least 3 very different jobs (bricklayer, taxi manager, bartender).

I'm currently hopeless. Bartender is my current job, it doesn't pay well and causes me a lot of stress because it's at a shitty area of my city and I'm constantly threatened, have to deal with drunkards etc.

Thing is, I've tried many different paths in my life and none of them led anywhere...

Call me a faggot, but seeing all of the corruption I see daily, kids using drugs, prostitution, people being gunned down, having my house broken into etc has really worn me down to a level where I don't want to even get up from the bed.

I'm hopeless, my spirit is broken.
When I was younger it seemed like nothing could stop me, but now I feel extremely vulnerable and insecure about everything.

I tried listening to Way of Men once on audiobook.

It didn't seem all that great but I'll read it when it comes up in the book club and see how it feels as a whole

perhaps get your testosterone levels checked

otherwise eat a big breakfast. Carbs give you your main energy throughout the day.

I'll shill for the discord here but honestly, if you can, you might want to talk to a psychiatrist

Consider Jordan Peterson's self authoring program. It will change your life.

Watch his lectures on YouTube too.

On days when I'm not working, I can easily have the energy to do everything I need to and more.

My job is pretty demanding physically though, and I'm walking 7-15 miles a day, depending on time of year.

Everything I've been reading says to avoid heavy carbs in the morning due to the crashes, and large breakfasts tend to cause a crash as well.

Just don't know what to believe

>How to Win Friends and Influence People
Once while riding a train, a kid came up to me, sat next to me and tried to talk to me.
I kind of saw that he had this book in his bag, but still he was pretty horrible at the whole thing.
Well, at least he practiced.
My advice is, learn that everyone is different, but there are still some things that are common for people of a specific type.
For example when you see someone with a linux laptop, programming, and want to do the whole thing, don't try to talk about linux or programming when you don't have a deep understanding. Try to find something that this type of person might enjoy. Maybe sci-fi, or vidya or beer.
Discuss something that you are good at discussing.

That's pretty good, people usually are also super-willing to tell somebody about something they're interested in.

So instead of trying to talk to somebody about Linux, tell them you're trying to get into Linux and ask if they can help you.

Fix your diet and your relationships 1st, bad food fucks up the brain chemistry, and bad people fuck everything up, I'm in a similar situation, pick up a marketable skill and perfect it, create multiple streams of income.

You're a bartender no, use it to make connections, read how to influence people and build a network, try to move into more upper class bars where rich connected people hang out to build better networks, write what you learn/experience bartending on a blog, online stuff tends to act as a proof of concept, people will take you seriously if they can see what you're capable of.

I made a GitHub and uploaded a few programs to it, nothing special just simple 200 line stuff, but sure as shit better than 90% of the competition in my country. Its the only reason I even get any calls from interviewers considering my shit experience and shit grades. Good luck.

big breakfasts are helpful for me

I have my best lifting energy after eating a huge breakfast.

Just give it a try and see what happens.

I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a try...

Thank you.

>write what you learn/experience bartending on a blog, online stuff tends to act as a proof of concept, people will take you seriously if they can see what you're capable of.

I never actually thought of that.
I do have some free time here and there which I could use with this.

Thanks for the tips m8.

Also if you don't mind me asking - why is programming a ''thing'' with Indians?

I ended up meeting like, 5 or 6 indian guys when I was doing taxi work and all of them were programmers.

That can work, but in my case it didn't.
I was just slightly annoyed, since he could just google all of this. (I was annoyed before I had seen the book, and knew why he was doing that)
And I think that might be a common thing around programmers who tend to be a bit elitist.
I think something like, "please tell me, or teach me about xyz" is something that should be left for a different, later phase, after maybe some emotional bonding.
Try to find something enjoyable first (establishing a good mood), and then move on to something "more like a job", like programming.

Life is suffering man. Everyone suffers, it's inevitable.

You have to pick up your suffering and bear it.

Try your best to be good in little ways and your life will improve bit by bit.

wish you best of luck

>I think I had asked my ex within like 2-3 weeks if she ever planned to have kids

That's a little quick to be bringing up kids, user. Even women don't typically jump the gun that fast.

Honestly I think it's best to show interest in other people's hobbies. Ask me about guns and I'll talk your fucking ear off. Ask my dad about cars and you'll get the same. Act interested during the conversation? You now have friend.

I like to work out just before dinner

Coming home and eating a big plate of spaghetti or a giant juicy steak is true joy

A lot of people take pride in their job-like things, and like to talk about it, but not necessarily unconditionally.
You have to first establish the right atmosphere.

Agreed.

It's an innocent question and if you're casual about it no one will bat an eye. Just bring it up if she's talking about her siblings or something.

>I wouldn't have checked out the book without this neat reddittier thread
Are you legitimately 12? It's one of the most popular self help books in the entire world

Who /lifts/ here?

What are your stats?

Atmosphere is also pretty subjective, the more socially awkward somebody is the more you have to loosen them up

imo, the easiest place to practice small talk is the gym

talk about lifting

Ohp/135x3x3
Bench/225x12x3
Squat/315x5x3
Pull ups/8x3
Push/pull/legs
At least one of the above every day. Not making fast progress, but not losing my gains either. 15-20 mins tops a day.

Programming isn't a thing, get a job the easy way is. 99% of programmers I've met are insults to the world of programming, only reason I don't horribly suck is cause I learn exclusively from tutorials/sites made by white guys. Plus I have very good English compared to most people here.

Getting into computer science is easy here. Everything is rote memorization and since our country's syllabus doesn't have too much complex math its even better for people who hate math. Same goes for women too, we usually have a M/F 50/50 or 60/40 sex ratio in CS(in big cities not some remote village), since women are dumb and the syllabus is so shit even they can clear it.

Another thing is the outsourcing industry has a choke hold on the economy

qz.com/716157/indias-146-billion-it-industry-has-no-idea-what-will-happen-to-its-european-business-now/

They make around 8% of the country's GDP directly and even more by acting as a customer base for other non-IT businesses like e-commerce and fast food, so this means there just aren't a lot of jobs on other sectors considering they're all dependent on IT to expand larger than the IT sector, so it only makes sense to go into "coding" if you can call it that.

The people you met would have been from some outsourcing firm like TCS/Infosys/Wipro/Accenture. They're the reason people like me can't make full use of my potential since all work I do is stuff white guys were deemed too expensive to do.

Also check'em, kek has spoken. My advice is right.

bumpo

Bumperini

Bump

Remember to eat an Ancestral Diet.

This, but you'll learn along the way to be careful and how to keep your interest in check. Otherwise you'll have people try to convert you to their cult, crazy people following you to keep talking at you, or have gay men think you're interested in the dick.

BUMPY

have we started the fire?

This is the dawn of a new enlightened world elite

I enjoy lurking through /sig/ threads, it just sucks that they get removed so quickly

Seems a bit much; if you're starving yourself it wont work in the end

they don't get removed, they just aren't too active and 404

this whole discord thing is only a few days old and I'm still trying to make it into a 'community'

Everyone start joining the discord! Now!!

i hope one day i can banepost irl like those guys on HWNDU

I just want to find some redpilled bros IRL and form a "gang" like in that book and get up to some hijinks like if the HWNDU flag was nearby we'd be part of it and we'd help eachother find decent chicks.

I read Generation Identity, kinda disappointing. Weak shit.

>pepe pants

who is that calorie collector?