Nuclear armed Baltic states

Should Baltic states be armed with nuclear weapons as a deterrent of unlikely russian aggression, cause let's face it (just like in ww2) nobody is going to start ww3 over the baltics, but would surrender them, so as a means of defence and scarecrow tactics should Baltic states own Nuclear weapons? your thoughts?
p.s.
soory for bad english, i hope it isnt too hard to read

Let's be honest here

I like all of the baltic states, but if the russkie ever get's funny ideas again you're gone in hours no matter how many nukes you have

but with nukes they may be more hesetent to ever atack(and we at least coud kill more of them then they us, wich woud make public opinion not positive abbout that war)

>more nuclear states
>more nukes

We will never learn until it's too fucking late, will we?

MAD can't last forever.

Your overlords will not allow you to have nukes, sorry.

Fuck off Artyom, deal with you lunatic president first. Stop being the village idiot of the Slavic world.

Of course Baltics should be armed with nukes, that would establish much peace and stabilization in the region.

There's supposed to be only one Baltic state.
Fix that and you can have nukes.

Each baltic state have wery difrent cuncures, that wpud be simular to sayto Mexico, Canada and USA to unate, there are large cultural and langue baries between baltic states (not to mention waring development and rebilding after the ussr left)

Dialects are not language barriers.
You're all too weak to stand alone.
Nukes won't change that.

Lithuanian and Latvian are wery difrent langues (Latvian and Lithuanian cant understand each other) not to mention that Estonian is Fino urgic langue wich is wery difrent (maybe to outsider this seems simular, but is same with english and german langues, they used to be close but due time and culture develobed very difrently)

T. the drunken village beggar of the slavic world

gr8 b8

I have family in Lithuania and love the region, but we need less nukes not more before the world gets fucking destroyed. Russia threw a shit-fit over the missile shield in Poland when Bush was in, I can't imagine what would happen if they found out we armed the baltics with nukes.

Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland need to stop assuming NATO is the solution to all their problems and work on more cooperation between their armed forces. Thatd be a fairly formidable union if done right.

Checked.

MAD is a myth. MAD has never been the nuclear doctrine of any power during the cold war, and we still moved from the old one to a doctrine named NUTS (Nuclear Utilization Target Strategy).

Or destroying the enemy nuclear arsenal and strategic fighting capacity in the first strike, so you don't get nuked in revenge.

who the hell makes names for theese doctorines?

To chip in, I think you should have some ICBM's if tensions begin to peak.
Nukes are another ball game though. What we have exist, we don't need or want any more. The fact Israel and Pakistan are fucking around in this ball park just show what kinda bullshit a nuke can do.

Amerifat eduction strikes again. Finland is not in NATO and the reason we didn't join in the 1990s was that the Americans wanted to push the defense of the Baltic states on Finland:

Re-reading that I didn't mean to imply Finland was part of NATO. My entire point is that Finland and the Baltic states best defense strategy is the band together without NATO.

Also you're right I didn't learn that in school because nobody actually gives a shit about Finland.

It's complete rubbish. Why the fuck would we ally with Latvia. We gain nothing besides an increased risk of getting into war with Russia.

Any Finnish politician who tried to make this happen would get lynched.

He's right though. Without NATO there's no conflict between Russia and eastern european states. If Europe can organize purely european defensive alliance the Russian bogeyman will disappear. Still, i don't think americans will allow it.

If so, then why would we ally with any Baltic state? The point still stands, we gain nothing at all from the deal besides increased risk of getting into war with Russia.

The only way it would make sense is if we simply annexed them but we're not strong enough to do it by force, they won't accept it and Russia wouldn't allow it anyway.

You gain a defensive alliance and deterrent against military aggression. The Nazis arent around to give support to you against Soviet Union/Russia anymore.

Why the fuck would Russia declare war if the Baltic States veered away from NATO?

Fuck no mate, you NATO puppies are causing enough trouble with tough talk against Russia while relying on papa U.S.A to save the day..

You should reinstitute conscription and have comprehensive cooperation with each other and NATO. I'm sure if the Baltics got 500.000 men on the border (including NATO air force etc) you would be just fine!

Hooray, we gain the help of Latvia which is literally absolutely nothing since they will never have the transport capability send anything this way.

More importantly, Finland in a larger European war scenario has a chance to avoid war with Russia while the Baltic states don't. It's simple geography. They're directly on top of the path if there's a war between Russia and Poland or Germany so they're 100 % guaranteed to be dragged into such a war. Finland has a chance to avoid it.

We would increase our likelihood of getting dragged into war and gain a useless ally in return.

For a third point, the simple history of this region is that Balts do not fight but Finns do. There are historical reasons for this and everyone is well aware of what would happen in another war. Finns have zero reason to consider any ally except Sweden or Russia and Russia is, ehm, an unlikely match even if it makes perfect strategic sense.

>we gain nothing at all from the deal besides increased risk of getting into war with Russia.
Well, yeah but people are paranoid. Everyone wants to feel secure. I don't think Baltics gain anything from NATO right now too 2bh. And i don't mean Finland+Baltics alliance, that's pretty useless i agree. I'm talking about some relatively large European alliance with France in it.