Can Sup Forums redpill me on the alleged "Islamic Golden Age"?

Can Sup Forums redpill me on the alleged "Islamic Golden Age"?

I just find the idea so absurd and laughable that sandpeople took a break from killing each other for hundreds of years to be philosophers, astronomers and mathematicians.
It's like on the same tier as WE WUZ KINGS.

It seems like such extreme revisionist history that only (((they))) could think up.
>See goy....look at how uncivilized your ancestors were and look how progressive Muslims and Jews were!

I'm open minded though and willing to be proven wrong, but like I said the whole concept seems ludicrous.

Other urls found in this thread:

jadaliyya.com/pages/index/17192/beyond-tolerance-and-intolerance_deconstructing-th
patheos.com/blogs/marginoferr/2014/06/05/lets-stop-talking-about-the-islamic-golden-age/
gatestoneinstitute.org/2757/golden-age-of-islam
amazon.com/Myth-Andalusian-Paradise-Christians-Medieval/dp/1610170954
pjmedia.com/blog/the-cordoba-house-and-the-myth-of-cordoban-ecumenism/
newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/140210/sec_id/140210
newenglishreview.org/Norman_Berdichevsky/The_Myth_of_the_Golden_Age_of_Tolerance_in_Medieval_Muslim_Spain/
memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/3264.htm
aina.org/news/20071005100357.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw&t=830s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diophantus
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khayyam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read a book, you silly user

Look up mutazilites

The prime philosophy became "its our divine duty to understand this world" so an empire with tremendous resources put them towards actually achieving shit because the Caliph believed it should be done.

And then once a traditionalist Caliph came along, it was reversed.

Arabian counquerors, who were small in number met Eastern Roman culture after conquering Syria and Egypt.

It's pretty much true. The revisionist history I've read tries to suggest that it was all Persians who invented important shit as opposed to Arabs, but it was a mix of different peoples in the Middle East who contributed so this seems like a weak argument.

I've also read arguments that basically most advances in the Middle East during its golden age were taken from the Byzantines as their empire declined, which isn't totally wrong, but pretty much all progress is built on other stuff that happened in other cultures, so it's a misleading argument.

Well, up until the Mongols sacked Baghdad in 1258, the middle east was generally more advanced in technology and things than Europe.

When the Mongols sacked Baghdad, they destroyed everything, art, literature, many many books, and alot of that knowledge was simply lost.

Alot of knowledge was lost and basically that's when Islam became what it kind of remains today.

It was the Arabian golden age, not Islamic.

When Islam came along they went straight to the shitter.

I know indians and arabs have made a lot of contribution to mathematics. Hell Algebra, algorithm all of the root for those words is arabic, they created a lot of maths stuff.

Out of curiosity, can you tell me your age?

There was a period of time when the caliphate was expanding so fast that they could kidnap all of the good people from the civilisations they conquered and force them to work for them. But eventually the caliphate stopped expanding and this "golden age" ended

They partly invented algebra. Furthermore a lot of theological nonsense.
And they are somehow credited for not burning all Aristotles work and the rest they stole from the Byzantines. Also they preserved many persian writings.

It's largely overblown and practically the only period Islam just sucked normally and not big time due largely to Byzantine remnants.

There is a lot of info you can find on it as well. Even leftist writers can't hide there is relatively little to this golden age.

That's about all.

American education, #1 in the world.

>took a break from killing each other for hundreds of years to be philosophers, astronomers and mathematicians
Pretty sure one does not prevent the other

Never existed. Things like Algebra and the numeral system credited to Muslim Arabs were actually stolen from India.

I don't want to tell you anything about it because I don't want to deal with hearing people sperg about it on Sup Forums.

>Arabian golden age
actually quite the opposite. It was beacause the Arabians came into contact with Syria, Persia, India and greece taht produced much of the so-called golden age.

The expansion had a lot to do with Islam. The proposed golden age however didn't.

>I just find the idea so absurd and laughable that sandpeople took a break from killing each other for hundreds of years to be philosophers, astronomers and mathematicians.
That's because it is absurd and laughable. All scientific progress in the Caliphate was conducted by Dhimmis and the offspring of recent converts. All of your supposed muslim inventions are actually Christian and Hindu inventions that got arabic names, like algebra.

General reading on the myth of the Islamic Golden Age:
jadaliyya.com/pages/index/17192/beyond-tolerance-and-intolerance_deconstructing-th
patheos.com/blogs/marginoferr/2014/06/05/lets-stop-talking-about-the-islamic-golden-age/
gatestoneinstitute.org/2757/golden-age-of-islam

Stuff specifically about the supposed intellectual and financial glories of Islamic Spain:
amazon.com/Myth-Andalusian-Paradise-Christians-Medieval/dp/1610170954
pjmedia.com/blog/the-cordoba-house-and-the-myth-of-cordoban-ecumenism/
newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/140210/sec_id/140210
newenglishreview.org/Norman_Berdichevsky/The_Myth_of_the_Golden_Age_of_Tolerance_in_Medieval_Muslim_Spain/

Cordoba declined sharply under the Moors - something your public education lied to you about.

t. typing cancer

>sandpeople

Arabs are ok as humans, it's islam that fucks'em up in the head.

>French flag
>getting triggered

I think it's safe to assume that all French posters on here are Muslim.
I'm just going to start completely disregarding all Franceposters.

THIS.

I went to Samarkand in Uzbekistan and they really have some wonderful buildings, they also studied astronomy in Ulugh Beg Observatory... Problem is, it was long BEFORE Islam (1420s. And Islam was brought to ancestors of modern Uzbeks during the 8th (!!) century when the Arabs entered Central Asia). Arabic people invented notion of algorithm, Arabic numbers is an obviously Arabic invention too, however, they were NOT spoiled by abrahamic religions when they did this.

>It's like on the same tier as WE WUZ KINGS.

it genuinely isn't, there was a fair amount of mathematical etc advancement at the time. it wasn't due to Islam or the fact that they were Muslims, but it's undeniable that there was an "Islamic golden age" for want of a better phrase

>Muslims start with a scientific golden age and then turn into medieval theocracy shit holes fighting among themselves..
They are so backwards they are the westen world on reverse

*Uzbek people are not Arabic, they are Asians, but still they are an example of now islamic peoples who do very poor and used to be cool before islam

>Getting btfo makes you lose all your culture and scientific acheivememt
Utter nonsense
For example Russian cities got literally stomped into the earth but they still retained moreover rebuild everything
It just proves Arabs had no golden age and no advanced culture if getting btfo meant somehow they went regressive.
People are carriers of achievement , only by genociding every single one can you eradicate their achievement
Arabs are just sandniggers incapable of anything and just blame their !Ilitray defeats on their shortcomings
uH WE WUZ SACKED N SHIET

Google the myth of the Islamic golden age.

like you know them, gypsy.

islam is religion of unappollogized strenght.
Keep getting stronger, dont turn the other cheek. JUST KEEP GETTING STRONGER, MASCULINE, AND HOMO.

>Arabs are ok as humans, it's islam that fucks'em up in the head.
Utterly wrong and ignorant, you stupid Gypsy. Arabs have been shitheads since long before Islam. Rather than islam making Arabs shitty, islam is shitty because it is a product of Arabs. In a way, Islam serves to export Arab psychological dysfunction to non-Arabs.

inbreeding by having kids with their cousins is what makes them susceptible to Islam tho

memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/3264.htm

Why do burgers not read books?

It's true, it happened, but it was because of these reasons
>muslims left Christians and Jews alone because they needed the taxes
>muslims stole Roman and Greek scripts and science
>the high office of anti-white shiteater, aka the Pope, did his best to ruin Europe and fight science

It was a combination of luck, theft, and the Catholic Church being a plague.

except that the russian cities getting sacked is also the reason Russia as a whole fell behind western europe. (even to this day)

its not a jew conspiracy or a libral meme. its real.
there were a handfull of people that cared about thier science and contacted each other and got funded and published books, and writings (real physical proof) and made money out of them and teaching it.

Ibn Khaldun :
“It is strange that most of the learned among the Muslims who have excelled in the religious or intellectual sciences are non-Arabs with rare exceptions; and even those savants who claimed Arabian descent spoke a foreign language, grew up in foreign lands, and studied under foreign masters.”
aina.org/news/20071005100357.htm

The "Islamic Golden Age" was just a period when the Muslims (who are insanely inbred) swarmed \ North Africa and the Middle East (which was white at the time) and looted it of all its treasure and genetics.

The period after that, in which they briefly prospered off of the fresh genetics and treasures and lands they stole, is what they called their "golden age." The only achievements they actually made were a few pretty mosques but absolutely everything else was just stolen, which they managed to do by outbreeding everyone with their 10 wives and swarming every neighboring land like a horde of rats.

All the "scientific achievements" they claim to have made are a joke. Those were either stolen from the greeks or Jews or Goths or Romans and renamed with Arab words.

Islam isn't as strong as the West is weak.

do you know arabs think emotion is gay. anyone who shows emotion is faking it a la post modern drama shows.

>conquer Greek areas
>tax the shit out of conquered people and generally be a dick
>translate Greek scientific texts into Arabic
>build on it
>imams get butthurt because Greek philosophy is incompatible with Mahomet's desert scribblings
>cue centuries of infighting and stagnation
>mongols come and stomp the whole thing into the ground

"We further hear now that the philosophical sciences are greatly cultivated in the land of Rome and along the adjacent northern shore of the country of the European Christians.

They are said to be studied there again and to be taught in numerous classes. Existing systematic expositions of them are said to be comprehensive, the people who know them numerous, and the students of them very many. God knows better what exists there."

Ibn Khaldun 1377

Thanks for the links.

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw&t=830s

>like you know them, gypsy.
>you stupid Gypsy.

ok, I was wrong. You are clearly arabs and retarded.

Also, it is a complete and absolute lie that the Muslims invented Algebra. Algebra was create by the Greeks, particularly a man named Diophantus, and his school of science in Alexandria. The muslims just renamed it and called it their own.

And of course, the Muslims destroyed the Library of Alexandria, obliterating unknown treasures of humanity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diophantus

The middle east and North Africa were never white you stupid burger. Also you can't 'steal' genetics seriously just go read a biology textbook you autist. Youre just one of those types who read clickbait and believe anything. If you were black you'd be a wewuz

Isn't it a sin or whatever they call it to draw pictures of people and animals in Islam since it can be interpreted as attempting to create life and only Allah can create life?

so the catholic church had no hand in preserving greek and roman culture and science?

I know of said video. I used the pic to illustrate my intellectual refinement.

yes i know that. you shall all know that most scholars are Persian or levantines or north africans or andalusian. arabs think asking questions is gay.

yes, just the fake bravery. proof they suck isreals cock.

>he wasn't know ancient Middle east was the cradle of Civilization and their people had nothing to do with Arabs
>He doesn't know Arabs just went apeshit niggerization and genocides on after another , interbred and need themselves like rabbits until they replaced the native non arab middle eastern people

For fucks sake pol.
Do you sincerely believe that ancient aegyptians had anything to do with today's mudshark aegyptians,?
Do you believe Carthagians were arabs,?
Do you believe Alexandria was run by Arabs?

All their claimed achievement is appropriation .
Arabs are subhuman sannigger than apart fromhaving some historians did achieve nothing besides genociding the largest amount of people

They basically jacked a shit load of Greek philosophy and writings, masturbated over them for a few centuries before going full durka and turning their back on them in the 10th century.

>arabs
>algeria

gypsy confirmed.

>In a way, Islam serves to export Arab psychological dysfunction to non-Arabs.

That's an interesting angle on the whole thing I hadn't thought of before. Ty.

>so the catholic church had no hand in preserving greek and roman culture and science?
These things objectively weaken the Church's influence, why would they possibly be interested in preserving them?
If the masses are a bunch of nitwits frightened of demonic possession and witchcraft, then you've won.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khayyam

You stupid fucking Canadian.

The Levant was Roman and jewish. The Egyptians had Blonde hair. All of North africa was Phoenician and then conquered by the Goths (Germanic).

I love it when someone is both uneducated and arrogant. Typical Canuck fuck.

You know absolutely nothing about history.

Look up the "Phoenicians" dipshit.

you didn't answer my question

the oldest temple was found in todays Syria, it was build about 10.000 years ago.

The mathemathics and science from arab countries is absolutly legit.
Proof?
They where on eye level with Europe when they went to war with us.

There is no realy quality difference between middle easterners and europians.
But we are different and we should retake Constantinole, oh and we obviously cant live together, fucking goatfuckers.

Maghrebis are arabo-berber mongrels tbqh

Islam/Muslim regimes took credit for and/or inherited/assimilated the inventions/discoveries that the Dhimmi made under Arab muslim regimes. The idea that a bunch of desert people came out the desert and are somehow all of a sudden enlightened and had all this knowledge and technology is retarded. Before Muhammad and his followers came out the desert, that whole middle eastern area had many different types of religions and cultures.

Christians(Copts, Nestorians), Zoroastrians, Jews, Pagans, Hindu and Greek Culture all contributed ot this "Islamic golden age". People are mislead to think that Arabs/Muslims invented things and advanced knowledge because people were given Arabic names and their works published in Arabic which was virtually the official language of the land.

Examples:
Arab architecture was built/adapted by Dhimmi, Persian and Byzantine origins, Calipph Abd el-Malik hired Byzantine architects and craftsmen to build the dome of the rock, which is why it resembles the church of the holy sepulcher.

Avicenna, Omar Khayyam, al-Biruni, and Razi were Persian. Al-Khwarizmi credited as the father of algebra was a Persian, Al-Uqlidisi who is credited to introducing fractions was a Syrian. Bakht-Ishu and ibnIshaq who expanded medical knowledge were Nestorian Christians. Masha'allah ibn Athari a famous astronomer was a Jew.

Arabic numerals were Hindu origin. The Thabit ibn Qurra, who made many contributions to geometry was a pagan.

The knowledge and advances in medicine were made by Nestorian Christians at Nisibus, Nisibus being a hub of higher education offered by Nestorians. Hunayn ibn Ishaq al-'Ibadi (Johannitius) was a Nestorian Christian who primarily collected and translated Greek manuscripts into Arabic

The list can go on and on. But don’t misconstrue that there were no Muslim scholars that existed.

This guy is right. The Islamic world at the time had a lot of human capital and money to divert into study. They started building upon various works and introducing concepts into the science and arts along with transmitting stuff from the east to the west. For a period of time Islamic societies were lax on their philosophies and rule but that changed when religious zealots came into power.

History is long and nearly every dog has its day.

You have to understand that in the age preceding the Muslim conquests, the most populous and most developed areas were centered around the "east" rather than Western Europe. Anatolia, the Levant, and Egypt were all controlled by the Byzantine Empire, arguably the most advanced state at the time and their major competitors were in Sassanid Persia, which also controlled the the populous Mesopotamia and Northern India. These two titans fought numerous wars against each other, trading victories and defeats, until they were heavily exhausted. Islam had impeccable historical timing.

The Muslims ended up capturing Byzantine Syria, Egypt, and the Levant, as well as conquering Sassanid Persia. This act alone made it possible to finally unite the bodies of Greek (as well as Latin) and Persian (as well as Indian) thought and science into one empire and under one lingua franca, Arabic. In essence, their Empire gave them access to every major source of science and technology except China. To their credit, the Arabs showed a great appetite for knowledge and worked hard to translate Greek, Latin, and Persian texts into Arabic.

A majority, or at least a plurality, of the great Islamic scientists and scholars were actually Persian Muslims rather than Arabs, but there were a decent number of Arab thinkers as well. They had a legitimate Golden Age. They've fallen very far since then, but that has been the fate of many once legendary societies.

>fake bravery
>Algerian
get genocided faggot

He can't because he is wrong

Shia Islam didn't exist, there were only Sunnis.

Thus, they didn't kill each other, since they were all the same religion.

The reason they kill each other now is two reasons

>1. "You're not a real Muslim!"
>2. The borders drawn by Eruopians post-colonialism put tribes who hate each other under the same government.

WE

"At this time, we can observe the condition of the merchants of the Christian nations who come to the Muslims in the Maghrib. Their prosperity and affluence cannot be fully described because it is so great."
Ibn Khaldun 1370s

You should read a book or two, user. It did indeed happen. The debate is about why it happened and stopped.

Oh, and just to rub in how fucking stupid and uneducated you are, here is a pic of a phoenician coin from NORTH AFRICA.

If you had read even one single book about ancient times you would know that the Levant and North Africa was once WHITE.

>Christian and Hindu
>not zoaroastarian.

Here's the redpill my man. Persia was already the scientific center of the world. Then Islam came, conquered them, and claimed all their progress.

instead of calling me names, you could've educated me. I was right with what I said and you insisted on being an arab.

*WHITE-ish

Good question, OP. "Islamic Golden Age" was the time when Islam started to take a back seat. Arabs spread quite a lot within a short time, had lots of excess wealth, their literati got into Greco-Roman philosophy and science, even feminism was beginning to rear its head. Then, crusades happened and everyone went into defend kebab mode. Ottoman Empire also ushered in a golden age of Islamic degeneracy near the end of it. It is NOT on the same tier as WE WUZ KINGS, but it isn't late renaissance-tier golden age either.

This!

And he invented Algebra more than 500 years before the Arab nomads claimed it as theirs

>Can Sup Forums redpill me on the alleged "Islamic Golden Age"?
Sure.

It was real and very influential. There's a reason so many of the English words you use- chemistry, algebra, etc- are rooted in Arabic.

>I just find the idea so absurd and laughable that sandpeople took a break from killing each other for hundreds of years
Are you under the impression Europeans HAVEN'T been killing each other for hundreds of years? Any illusion of peace and cooperation is very recent, you realize.

>It seems like such extreme revisionist history that only (((they))) could think up.
I'm afraid you were the one who bought into some propaganda leading you to believe they are, somehow, completely incapable of doing any of this.

fpbp

"When we review the names of Muslim philosophers and scholars whose contribution to the West is pointed out by Western writers, such as Ibn Rushd, Ibn Al-Haitham, Ibn Sina, Al-Farbi, Al-Razi, Al-Khwarizmi, and their likes, we find that all of them were disciples of the Greek culture and they were individuals who were outside the [Islamic] mainstream. They were and continue to be unrecognized in our culture. We even burned their books, harassed them, [and] warned against them, and we continue to look at them with suspicion and aversion. How can we then take pride in people from whom we kept our distance and whose thought we rejected?"

good to see some intelligent folks here

You are literally a WE WUZ nigger. Phoenicians weren't white in the Northwestern European sense. They were white compared to sub-Saharan niggers, but they largely carried only the same SLC24A5 allele common amongst brown Caucasoids that are not white by Sup Forums's standards. They lacked the additional SLC45A2 allele that is relatively unique to white Europeans. Phoenicians likely looked more like modern Lebanese and Syrian people look, which is to say, largely brown, but with a decent mix in phenotypic skin colour such that many could pass as white, even by Sup Forums's standards.

user, that's very clearly an arabic face, minus the beard.

Oops.. look you dumbshit canuck fuckup. Here is a link to who the Germanic Vandals were.

FYI they ruled North africa, but I wouldn't expect you to know that because you're so fucking stupid and you comment on shit you don't understand.

Whether it was Phoenician, Egyptian, or Roman, or Germanic, North Africa and the Middle East was WHITE before the Arabs RUINED IT.

You see all those massive ruins? You think some shitskin sandnigger is capable of constructing something like that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals

Yep, this is right, but this has absolutely nothing to do with semitic religions.

um Hanz the Soviets moved all vital heavy industrial technology/infrastructure near the Urals to avoid being completely destroyed by the Germans

back then a single large city was wayyy more important to a "nation" than it was during WW2.

Sacking Baghdad=killing best warriors,killing best thinkers(or enslaving them),Destroying archives and economic functions.

>The Egyptians had Blonde hair.
Is there any reason to finish reading this comment or am I just unnecessarily risking retardation

It had more to do with becoming a crossroads of Western and Chinese trade routes than anything to do with the merits of Islamic ideology. The only objective benefit was probably a common scholarly language and the sheer breadth of the Caliphates drawing academics from all the conquered lands. Both Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan had similar affects in wake of the death and destruction they wrought.

Of course any value the Islamic Golden Age had was clearly lost to modern fundamentalists who burn the very manuscripts, historical artifacts, libraries, and world heritage sites that the Caliphates are most appreciated for preserving.

The House of Saud has sent humanity back a millennium.

Many mummies have blonde or red hair, since hair loses it color as it rots.

>MUH GREEKS

But nearly all the notable Greek philosophers traveled to Egypt first to get an education.

All science stands on the shoulders of giants.

t. Ahmed

The Islamic golden age was real but I don't see what that has to do with the fact that Islam today is a force for barbarity and clearly against progress.

15 millions Jews have more Nobel prizes for science as a group than all 1.5 billion Muslims combined. Goes to show you how much Islam has to offer nowadays.

Fuck off Edward Said.

It was a result of an initially Hellenophile upper class and the sacking of Alexandria combined with a unified state for a time and access to the silk road and even with all this they barely produced anything worth replicating, they expanded on Greek mathematics with Persian and Ibn Sina expanded medicinal works by essentially republishing Galen but really not much else came from it.

As opposed to the Renaissance, Enlightenment and Industralisation

They're mostly Berber with a smattering of Arab mixture.

Arabs didn't displace Berber, or Copts, or even Levantines for that matter.

>Whether it was Phoenician, Egyptian, or Roman, or Germanic, North Africa and the Middle East was WHITE before the Arabs RUINED IT.
Phoenicians, Egyptians, and Berbers were never White. As far as the Vandals go, they were never more than a minority elite in North Africa. The only part you got right is Arabs ruining whatever they touch

This is anexample of an Arab with white admixture. Not sure if it's Greek or Roman or Jewish or what, but most of the Arab ruling class is only a fraction actually "Arabic" they're mostly mediterranean genetically.

Look at any Arab ruler or aristocrat and you'll see a man who is far more white with more Euro features than his typical subject.

The ruling arabs incorporated the bloodlines of the nobles they conquered.

>not calling them frogs

Newfag stormweenie please go

>Read a book with new ideas
>Church comes and kills you
>try and learn medicine
>church comes and kills you

It's like they switched places

Lmao you typical wewuz alt rightist. Blonde hair and having some european features does NOT make you white. The middle east has always been middle eastern. Sure there were some events like the crusades and a bit of exchanges between the greeks and egyptians but the middle east has always been brown. White people have only existed en masse in Europe. kys

Arabs actually did displace the natives in quite a few regions in North Africa. It just didn't happen at the very beginning

But sucking Israel's cock takes courage in a World with 1.5 billion Israel-hating Muslims the easiest thing to do is hate Jews, especially when you live in Europe or some other Muslim-infested area where they tend to chimp out if anyone supports Israel.