>Republicans win senate
>Republicans win house
>Republicans win White House
>STILL can't repeal Obamacare
This is just embarrasing.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/trump-feels-a-bit-vindicated-by-nunes-revelations-2017-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It gets worse when you consider the fact that that this was really their only chance to get it through.
Conservative Republicans will now push for a varient of the bill the requires 60 votes, and they will never get that.
Obamacare is here to stay now. Forever. Obama won. We lost.

Die GOPe die.

No shit retard. It would throw 25 million people off of health insurance so it would ultimately kill them in the next election.

>mfw I trusted the GOP to remove Obamacare.
For God's sake. They've been running on this for literally 7 years now. They finally get their chance to kill it and they flop.
I'm going to have to pay fines or be forced to have health care for the rest of my life now. My premiums will forever be through the roof.

I can't downplay how upset I am.
I'm dumbfounded by the fact that the Republicans lost this.
And so much for Trump being this "great deal maker". He had all those house member over to "convince them" to vote yes and he actually LOST votes.

Trump played this poorly. He pushed for the bill when many republicans said it was dead on arrival. He should have sat back and let Paul Ryan destroy him self.

>this was really their only chance to get it through.

they still have control of the house for the next 20 months WTF are you talking about

It's mostly Trump's fault.
Since 2010, most Republicans have run on the concept of straight up just repealing the ACA. Just getting rid of it.

Then Trump comes along, and runs heavily over and over again on repealing AND REPLACING it. He promised that MORE people would be insured AND he problem a with the ACA would be gone.
Anybody with a brain cells knows this is impossible. The entire problem with the ACA is that because 20 million people can't afford health care, literally EVERYONE ELSE has to have their premiums skyrocket to pay for them. There. Is. No. Way. To. Keep. Those. People. Insured. And. Have. Premiums. Drop. Period.

Trump should have been honest. He should we were just trying to repeal. But now because of his promise, Obamacare is probably here to stay.

Any different varients of the bill will require 60 votes, which is impossible.

lol the shills are turbomad about this I see

It's closer to 14 million but yes they would never win an election in our life times

just shows the GOP is a big tent with diverse ideas. even when they have a majority, they arent just some party shills attempting to toe the party line to please the RNC. the bill sucked for the people so they killed it, which is exactly what good representatives do. They'll repeal Obama care eventually and you'll have plenty of time to make cringey Facebook memes about it, don't worry

why is this? Cant they just introduce a new bill?

This isn't a big deal, the process is ongoing. Obamacare took over a year to get passed. Don't blow this out of proportion you fucking retards.
>The bill got introduced nearly two weeks ago.
Their issue was to try and cram through a bill SUPER quickly!

>You're introducing a new bill, separate from Ryan's I see
>This new unrelated Bill having to do with healthcare reform now requires 60 votes for some reason

This isnt how this works.

Yes, they can. I can't tell if people are shills or if they're just genuinely retarded and don't understand how our government works.

>why is this? Cant they just introduce a new bill?
The problem is that because of the way the bill was formatted, this was the only possible way they would win with a majority vote in the house.
The house, where Republicans have a huge majority, and they still couldn't get it through. The new bill will require a supermajority, which in a nation this politically divided will simply never happen.

For all intents and purposes, this was their chance, and they failed. Obamacare is here to stay. The dems won. And it sucks.

But hey, at least we get to have our entire browsing history sold to the lowest bidder! And yeah, the cia/nsa/fbi already had all that shit, but legally they can't just use it since it is private info. But if they purchase that information from an outside source.... it suddenly becomes legal to use in a case. This country is completely and utterly fucked, it is seriously time to move if you value your freedom.

I believe our favorite Canadian rat, snot-eater lose, signed off on that one, no?

>for some reason
This only confirms my thought that the average Sup Forums browser actually has no actual idea how the US government works and is just here to meme

It was literally a dead even split amond D-R lines, every repub voted for, dem against. These fucks literally sold our privacy in the name of profit.

(you) left out the part where Republicans have promised, repeatedly, that they have a better plan already to go, for the last ten years

but ... it's just rilly rilly sekrit and nobody gets to see it until AFTER you vote us into office .... THEN you gonna be seeing the power of miracles

The system is in total breakdown.

The "better plan" doesn't meet the specifications of a budgetary alteration and thus requires a 60 vote majority in the Senate.
That will never happen.

Call Ryan whatever you want. He was right here. This was the only chance we had of passing any sort of Obama repeal with 51 votes, which we had, and we can fight for more specifics later.

The individual mandate that FORCED you to by health care was going to be gone.
The inability to do business with insurers outside of your state was gone.
The infinite upward spiral of premium cost was gone.

But that wasn't enough apparently because "Waaaah some of Obamacare is still there" so now it's all still here. Forever. I hope your happy. The GOP fucking owns this disaster now. They had a chance to get rid of most of it and they got greedy. End of story.

I'll actually tell you why.
These people are talking out their asses. So the GOP wanted to pass this bill through a process called reconciliation, which is part of the budget process. It's a really complicated lawmaking process, same way Obamacare got passed. The only reason it pertains to this bill is because if this bill had passed the House, filibusters aren't allowed in the Senate during reconciliation. If they try to get another Bill through later, after the budget is passed, it'll have to pass under normal lawmaking rules. That means when it gets to the Senate, the Democrats can filibuster it, which requires 60 votes to end. Which the Republicans don't have.
They could potentially introduce another Bill in the next month or two before the budget is passed, but they'll run into the same problem. It'll either be too moderate for the Freedom Caucus, or two conservative for moderates. The Republicans are getting a hard lesson in being the governing party right now. It's not easy.

I heard Trump decide to not put the bill up for voting in the congress.

This is a bad idea in my opinion. He needs to know who is against his bill, and who is with him.
That's the only way they can be made accountable in the next midway election.

why though

if it's possible to push through a supreme court justice with under 60 then surely it must be possible to pass a bill. sounds like some shill nonsense to me.

Wait, do people actually think they can just "introduce another bill and vote again"?
Are people really this uneducated on how the government works?

The budgetary review is literally in like a MONTH.
This was it. This was the chance. This was the only chance to get rid of obamacare and the Republicans couldn't even do it.
Any further votes will require a 60 vote majority, and they simply don't have anywhere near that. This was a colossal defeat for the GOP.

To clarify, if it had gone to the Senate during reconciliation, it would've only required 51 votes, since no filibusters allowed. If it goes under normal procedures, Dems would surly filibuster, meaning you need 60 votes in practice

See here This was literally it. The only reasonable chance we had of defeating obamacare. And we failed.

This user gets at the core of what I was saying. They failed on this one, for better or for worse, as Paul Ryan said "Obamacare is the law of the land for the foreseeable future." President Trump's best bet right now is to distance himself from the entire health care debacle and focus on something completely different. Immigration reform would be good, but it'd run into a lot of opposition from Dems. Tax reform would be good. Safest bet would be something bipartisan, like infrastructure.

republican voters are morons

they shoveled the "we're going to repeal obamacare" pie into their mouths and turned out in droves, and when their elected officials gave them an even better deal, they revolted

face it, this party will never accomplish anything because they have to appeal to utter morons

Gorsuch is gonna be withdrawn too.

Screencap this.

This would be suitably interesting.

>obamacare passed without 60 votes
>it can't be altered without 60 votes
Your own tools are going to be used against you, libshit. Too bad you were too short sighted to understand it at the time.

You're a faggot.

Screencap this.

Good
Don't repeal until they can put up an alternative that's not hot garbage

This was the single most important issue I voted on. Obamacare is literally killing my business and my family...

...and now it's here to stay.

I put my trust in the Republican party, and the Republican party failed, miserably.
I hate what the Democratic party stands for, but I'll give them one thing, they actually accomplish their goals when they're in power. They pushed through Obamacare with no problem. But give the Republicans a majority and they can't even do the ONE THING they have been running on doing for almost a decade.

I have friends that are literally losing their houses, their homes, over this. They're going to live in trailer parks or worse. Their lives are going to be destroyed, and they put their trust in the Republican party on election day, and they get nothing.

I was wrong. I thought it was the Democrats that were the enemy of the people, but now I see its just all politicians, dem and Rep alike. I'll have to fend for myself.

>derp derp
Ya fucking dweeb. Trump proved right again. Obama was spying on hom. Brits were used to spy on trump, to do an end run around American law. Fucking crooked Obama for prison, scum. This is why he is hiding like a dirty coward in Tahiti. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA businessinsider.com/trump-feels-a-bit-vindicated-by-nunes-revelations-2017-3

It can be altered with 51 votes. It just had to happen now. It speaks to the magnitude of ineptness of republicans and their constituents.

>Gorsuch is gonna be withdrawn too.

Gorsuch was a member of the "Fascism Forever" club in college, too. Good riddance, i say.

>requires 60 votes, and they will never get that.
They are in charge. They don't need 60 votes. You can thank Harry Reid for that.

>it can't be altered with less than 60 votes
No it can't, not after the budget gets reviewed in about a month. Seriously do you know anything about American government?

the dems wanted to improve obamacare and make it better for everyone

you voted for this complete clusterfuck

way to go guy

republicans have accomplished nothing in a decade other than "try to stonewall the black guy"

>I have friends that are literally losing their houses, their homes, over this. They're going to live in trailer parks or worse. Their lives are going to be destroyed, and they put their trust in the Republican party on election day, and they get nothing.

How is Obamacare bankrupting anyone?

>literally losing their homes

Looks like the free market is working. To the gutters with your trash bag friends who can't even build a successful enough life to survive the ACA.

>Trump should have been honest
Well, there's your problem

You wish. This bill was rejected because it was too soft. HARD repeal comes next

Enjoy your 5 cents

>don't put out that fire until you get something else to destroy my house with

Lolol

it's pretty simple. cut military spending in half, scrap social security but give people age 60 to 100+ a buy out so they ain't fucked. $50,00 per person.

free health care children up to the age of 18
free health care for the elderly from 65 to 100

problem solved.

Go the fuck back to shareblue faggot. There is no such thing as improving obamacare. It's complete garbage.

There was no "Fascism Forever" club, it was a joke based off exactly what people do today, calling anyone right wing a fascist.

>"fascism forever" club

Literally takes five seconds of Googling to see that that was bullshit you retarded nigger.

Vote planned for 3:30.

Last known count of NO votes on Republican side = 36.

The answer is right in front of your eye.

For all intents and purposes they will now need 60 votes

Are you serious?
You try putting 3 kids through college with less than a 6 figure sallery these days. If a single one of my kids needs a hospital visit, Obamacare cooks my whole family.

you're losing already

another day in paradise

Defunding the whole fucking thing would be an improvement. I literally just canceled an obongocare plan today. It was $260 for nothing, no coverage, just money out of my pocket. I'm better off buying an "unapproved" plan and paying the penalty.

maybe you shouldn't have voted to keep it then, m8

u mad?

Yeah, just hope you don't get in an accident, because without a plan, that hospital visit will literally leave you in debt for the rest of your life

Never going to happen. That's the reason why this is so embarrassing for the GOP.

then why did you vote to keep it?

>please shit in my mouth republican party
>4 months later
>WHY ARE YOU SHITTING IN MY MOUTH

It was all a plan. Now Paul Ryan will be kicked out, Trey Gowdy will take his spot, and they will pass a bill 1000x better.

Says the increasingly nervous LARDASS

And if I don't get in an accident I'm in as much debt anyway. And if I had actual doctor visits covered, I might have been able to prevent something catastrophic. Go fuck yourself.
Oh fuck I should have voted for even more government, that would have fixed the problem. Kill yourself you commie fuck.

Wait, are Sup Forumstards really this biased that they're trying to act like this wasn't a colossal failure for the GOP?

You guys DO realize that this was it, right? Obamacare is here to stay now. Paul Ryan himself admitted this.

What happens when republicans are voted out in droves next year? Hhahhhh

>And if I don't get in an accident I'm in as much debt anyway.
Objectively false.

Why anybody would still believe a word this guy says is beyond me.

you voted for small government and the small government didn't change anything

sounds like you got what you wanted

That's simply not true.
Not being covered and getting in an accident will ruin your life exponentially more than even having the cheapest plan there is.

No, we've been shitting on Paul Ryan and the decrepit Neocons he represents for the last year. That's why we voted against the GOP establishment and for Trump.

>There was no "Fascism Forever" club, it was a joke based off exactly what people do today, calling anyone right wing a fascist.
>Literally takes five seconds of Googling to see that that was bullshit you retarded nigger.

"Gorsuch’s senior yearbook jokingly says that he was the founder and president of the “Fascism Forever Club” at Georgetown Preparatory School."

> jokingly

mhm...

Bro just off yourself my man. You sound depressed as fuck

The only real thing you can do is stick it to the man and blow your brains out so they won't be able to get any more money out of you

It'd help if health insurance companies didnt drop out of the market biding their time to buy up any companies left still in the marketplace so they can monopolize and brute force the govt that theyre going to charge whatever the fuck they want because theyre too big to fail so if they did the govt would have to bail their greedy asses out like the banks. And conservatives are so shirt sighted they enable them just because they wanted to bring down Obama so bad.

I've paid 3k over the last 2 years for some obese fuck to get their surgery subsidize over the last year, and I've gotten fuck all in return. Eat shit.

People saying it's because the snake - Ryan, deliberately sobotage Trump's presidency.

>depressed
Nah, just drunk and pissed off. The focus needs to be on punishing the cuckservatives in 2018. Dems can't win shit based on pure numbers, they have too many seats up.

Art of the Deal

>You try putting 3 kids through college with less than a 6 figure sallery these days. If a single one of my kids needs a hospital visit, Obamacare cooks my whole family.

Numbers, man.

If you can afford to have three kids and keep them in college, you are rich compared to 60% of America, so you have no right to whine about how fucking OBAMACARE of all things, not our expensive wife and children, are breaking your bank.

Republicans are about to win a supermajority in the Senate, mate. Most of the seats up for re-election in 2018 are held by Democrats.

They will have 60 votes in the latter half of Trump's term.

Trump doesn't run the senate.
We needed 51 votes to get this through. And we couldn't do it.

Now we need 60, and we will never get that.
We lost.
The wall, Isis, NAFTA, we can still win these thjngs, but on Obamacare Trump lost. It's here to stay.
the first major battle of the new administration goes to the dems. Best to accept it and live to fight another day on something new.

maybe you should have taken more personal responsibility and wrapped your fucking dick up

Wouldn't surprise me. Here's my theory. Ryan is actually furious that Trump won. Think about it. If Clinton had won, she would have had a presidency full of scandal and shadiness. Ryan could have easily ran against her and if he did, he would have won as a backlash against Crooked Hillary. Trump stole his presidency

If the next 18 months are filled with as much republican failure as the first 3?

It didn't even go to the senate, where it would have been filibustered to death. This failed in the republican dominated house because Ryan pushed a shit bill that did nothing and helped no one. Trump was too generous supporting it. The voters backed him, not that snake.

If you're poor then why have 3 kids? Trumpkins truly are broke ass idiots

You're clearly not a father.
You for all intents and purposes NEED. College degree to be successful these days.

Because jesus told them to and if theyre good christians then eventually one of those kids will pay off and bring them out of poverty by making it big in nascar or football

Except all the Republicans in the Senate ran and won on the platform of repealing Obamacare. Same with the House for that matter. This has the potential to really come back to fuck the Republicans over. Even if they got a Senate supermajority (doubtful) they could lose the House.

what does that have to do with you being unable to use a condom?

Yes, the republicans could literally commit actual TREASON; not just bullshit made up by CNN, and they would still win in 2018. Dems have a bunch of red seats they won with Obama up that they will lose.

You do realize this was not the deal the American people needed. Ryan out, Gowdy in, new deal. Obamacare will fail. Re-fucking lax.

They're saying you're retarded for having that many kids while not ensuring a prosperous financial future. They are correct.

No one feels any sympathy for you. The people that would feel sympathy for you, you despise. Because only liberals actually care about idiots who've made life altering mistakes.

The congressional districts are so gerrymandered they will not lose the House.

>vote to repeal Obamacare
>it didn't work
>OH SHIT, BETTER VOTE FOR PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT IT
You are fucking retarded.

That's the point. If it had passed the House, Repubs were going to pass it under Reconciliation, where filibusters aren't allowed. It would have only required 51 votes. Once the budget passes Reconciliation isn't an option. Any attempt after that would be filibustered to death