Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad

Bumping. Fuck the fedoras here.

Yeah I don't know. I'd bet church attendance has continued to fall.

> (worst) Hitchens

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 a 8.8/8

It's cause things got worse.
>atheists in charge of foxholes

I still don't believe in childish fairy tales like the angry man in the sky story.

I mean that's cool and all but I'm still an atheist so...

God, I hate that faggot. He was so unfunny.
The only one those talentless autistic hacks that was any good was Spoony, and that ended about the time he started talking about raping his dog.

Atheists for you, folks.

Feminism and intersectionality did a ton of damage to atheists and their movement. Meetings and debates turned into SJW cry fests or blackity-black-black screeching.
I've never been an atheist, never liked guys like Dawkins, but there is a clear case for the atheist culture tanking. It does no good to take credit for a downfall one did not really have a part in.

Then i guess feminists are good for something.

The one thing I never got about Hitchens was

>Tell people to use fact, logical, evidence, maths and science to form your conclusion
>Believe in the Holocaust even though it's factually, logically, mathematically and scientifically inaccurate and lacks even a single shred of evidence

Always pissed me off. Always.

That fucking quote
>It's against the scientific method to believe in something you can't objectively measure but let's believe the scientific method is the sum total of all knowledge in spite of not being able to objectively measure it.

Modern atheism as a global philosophy has yet to get over the pointlessness of everything that inevitably comes with the systematic deconstruction of every aspect of our lives. This is a gap that people like Dawkins, however intelligent they may be, don't seem to be able to fill. When they come on stage and blatter on about moral philosophy and the relative interest of a discussion on cannibalism, I think they really show that they have nothing to replace the things that they have destroyed.

As an Atheist myself, I would argue that systematic deconstruction is pointless, because the awareness that everything we do has only a relative relevance in the Universe doesn't help Humanity in any way, shape or form.
Relativism is only useful so far as it allows us to see things from a perspective that is different from ours. It allows us to understand our enemy and the world, and to open up dialogue where there was none possible before.
But it is useless to know your enemy if you have relativised the notion of enemy to the point that it doesn't matter anymore, dialogue is empty if everyone has their own truth and is allowed to live within the framework of their own delusions, and knowledge of the world is meaningless if we want to stay apathetic towards it.
The main weakness in modern philosophy is that there is little to no acknowledgement of the fact that, even if everything is an illusion and is meaningless, we have a system that we can work within, and we should know, learn and use the workings of this system for the betterment of our species.

Furthermore, there is a tendency, especially with people like Hitchens and Dawkins, to disregard religion completely as well as an unwillingness to acknowledge that religion cannot be destroyed and has to be dealt with as something that is going to last. Instead, they are happy to offend and ridicule religion in a way that a) doesn't help the atheist cause (if there is such a thing) b) antagonises believers needlessly, thereby nurturing the gaping hole that is separating believers and atheists.

That's the biggest joke of it all.
People don't believe their own shit. My mother was just so fucking heartbroken when she found out that I wasn't a Christian anymore. Cried and beat her chest. Then I was drinking with her years later and found out that she slept with over 60 different men that she can remember, some of them after her alleged "big spiritual awakening," and quite a few had a record. I couldn't believe what I was fucking hearing.

By the way, this is why you're not supposed to drink in front of or with your kids.

>By the way, this is why you're not supposed to drink in front of or with your kids.

>Mfw my Christian fundamentalist father drinks and smokes pot in front of me

Linkara isn't an atheist. He's a hardcore religious nut and said he'd prefer traps and trannies over gays.

Yeah, I'm sure all those people went and became devout Christians after making a hobby of arguing how fucking stupid religion is for a decade.

>Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.
Stopped reading there. This thread is moot.

People say that but the difference between people brought up in religious households and people not is abundant in nearly every person I've met.
Even if people don't follow scripture properly they are usually much better members of society than their peers.

I think too many kids grow up without the required guidance and end up fucked in the head. At least reading the bible will give you some insight into more complex social obligations.
If you are a rabid atheist at least give your kids real fairy tales or myths and legends to read so they can develop a decent understanding of what western civilisation expects of them.

>I think too many kids grow up without the required guidance and end up fucked in the head.

This. I don't necessarily agree on the Bible being the basis for the kid's morals, but the parents should at least be firm and rigorous as far as morals are concerned. Too many atheists think that the absence of any god means they can do just about anything.

Atheism has been and continues to be on the rise. As education gets better and better, religiosity will die. The only reason theism is growing is because of third world countries (primarily islam). When education reaches these places (I would struggle to say they actually have education for anyone other than the top 0.000001%), we will see this slow then stop. Better education leads to better scientific literacy, which leads to people being able to see through the flimsy arguments religion gives you (and teaches you about the burden of proof, which kills religion immediately for any logic-minded person as there is zero proof for the existence of god). Eventually religion will die and we'll live in a better world, but it'll take a few generations. New religions may sprout up, but old and current ones will die. Eventually christianity and islam will be compared to the Greek pantheon. Religion is a cancer, and I'm happy it's dying.

I'm an agnostic, not a philistine. They'll have such materials. They'll know what I expect from them and what their mother expects from them.
>complex social obligations.
See now, that's the thing. My mother had a lot of those rattling around in her head without a fucking clue. "Oh, I'm supposed to be generous and non-judging. What could go wrong if I let into the house?"

My kids are going to grow up with an obligation to their blood relatives. Too many people outside of that shell just suck fucking shit to make anything else worthwhile. Even our country isn't worth saving, if Trump doesn't do some serious dancing.

I would troll the fck out of athiests in youtube comments during the good old days.
Dawkins provided great help to athiest-haters just by being himself

he'a christian actually

If you actually read the bible you will see it doesn't promote rolling over.
All of that is synagogue of sin bullshit.

>As education gets better and better, religiosity will die
People just worship (((science))) instead.

>I'm a blue pilled Jewish tool, here let me tell you all about it!
Lurkmoar, fagit

the second part of was meant for you

>Then I was drinking with her years later and found out that she slept with over 60 different men that she can remember, some of them after her alleged "big spiritual awakening," and quite a few had a record. I couldn't believe what I was fucking hearing.
>60 different men
Good lord

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HSVE TO DO

===DEUS VULT===