The US Army

Why do we have to like the army?

Why can't we acknoledge the fact that risking your life "for your country" is a hilarious waste?

Everyone blows the troops meanwhile they just act as a vessel for violence and a living example of Americans' problems with dick size.

Fuck the army.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ocsAJfVAEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck you leaf.

your too pussy to say that to a soldier face to face.

obviously

he'd use his retard strength to kill my shit

(American in canada ;)

"Muh country" guys are a minority in the army.
Most people join for their own reasons, some more admirable than others.

i always kek when a muzzie blows one up

You'll find out soon enough when the mudslimes and beaners start ripping your culture and society apart

>Why do we have to like the army?

I know right!?
Everyone knows the Air Force is the best. They have the hardest training and do most of the war fighting.

I grew up in a pretty affluent place where pretty much no one enlists

my main point is why do they get automatic respect just for suiting up?

Like if a soldier beats his wife we view him as better than an NFL player who beats his wife. BUt they're both wifebeaters

You don't have to like anything.

Don't expect me to respect you, though.

>my main point is why do they get automatic respect just for suiting up?
Because they volunteered to something potentially very dangerous?

>Like if a soldier beats his wife we view him as better than an NFL player who beats his wife.
People often assume it's due to PTSD.

If it wasn't for your army canada would be US territory

/thread

Everything the US army does serves a larger strategy.

Solders join for all kinds of reasons.

Patriotism. Economic reasons. Earning job skills. Traveling. To advance in another career when they are done serving.....

The list goes on.

You don't have to "like" the army edge leaf. But I do respect that when they are asked they go and serve my country they do so. For that I am grateful. I don't always agree with the policy but I support the men and women who wear the flag of my country on their uniform, and if I was asked because the situation was that dire, I would serve my country however I could.

So fuck off.

INB4 kikes, jews, israel, etc....

I get it.

Nobody forces you to respect them, and at the same time you can't force people to appreciate your disdain for them. Welcome to the land of the free

I'm in the army and none of us don't understand it either, "muh service" is just an excuse that retarded vets use to get free shit and respect from other because they no longer respect themselves.

Disregard them.

but why do we give them autorespect for doing something potentially dangerous?

life is too valuable to be encouraging people to risk it so they can do what, get some glory?

i dont think anyone seriously cares

Yeah, we don't really want all the recognition either. It was cool in 2004 for a while, but now it just draws too much attention to how we do our jobs.

Ideally, we'd like to fly under the radar, fuck people up without all the roe restrictions (which came as a result of the extra attention), and fuck your sister during leave/ after we get out an go to college. I'd say girlfriend, user, but...You know, you're a faggot and all.

You can keep all that other "God bless the troops, thank you for your service" bullshit.

I didn't do it for you. I just met you, and you seem like a dick.

no one asked your country to appreciate or respect the US Army. kys
also- enjoy your sage
>PSA: when unsure, type 'sage' in the 'Options' field, friends

We should worship army guys cuz we need someone to do dirty and dangerous job.
It's like "You are such a good boy Johny/Ivan, you are sooooo braaaaave and so important for your Motherland, we are sooooo proud of you".
If the person is stupid enough to buy this crap and give his life, well so be it.

cant agree more.

The US amry in particular are a fucking embarrasment. They have the highest amount of deaths too which goes to show how much they fucking suck.

These days anyone with half a brain knows that "fighting" for your country is a waste of time. You are not at risk from "Terrorists" its just a plan made by those who want to profit from war.

Enlisting in the army is a complete fucking joke.

>german
>soldier
are you a nazziiiii????

Hardest training? Haha, yea, right.

Because the idea is that they're doing dangerous shit so we don't have to.

when you meet someone who was in the army, ask if they were a POG and if they get angry then they're either infantry or a POG, neither of which deserve respect.

People respect them for putting on a uniform and going through a series of unnecessary hardships to "defend freedom", but we generally aren't defending freedom. The US military serves as a deterrent from attacking the US, by our very presence we serve our purpose. We don't actually have to do anything except paperwork and being prepared. That said, becoming prepared is generally more difficult than defending freedom would be (see: NTC, JRTC, other training exercises designed with failure in mind).

Soldiers put up with a lot of bullshit so they can get free college, but unless they stayed in till retirement or were deployed to MENA to somewhere other than Kandahar or Bagram then they don't deserve your respect.

Boohoo.

Armies are necessary. Why the US extols theirs to the extent they do is probably related to their unfounded paranoia that the world is jealous of them and wants to kill.

Not every soldier deserves praise, but I guess what they symbolize is more important than what they actually are; some sort of paragon that upholds virtue and justice (mind you America has fought on behalf of these ideals twice only).

Societies maybe. Cultures not so much. It's fascinating to me that the political right does little to capitalize on the growing Mexican demographic. Mexicans are typically conservative.

And after the Industrial Revolution, American culture has become capitalism and consumerism. Then WWII happened, we had reactionary literature examining the vacuity of such a lifestyle, and we are currently stagnant. "American culture" is a joke.

>Thank you for your service
This is my trigger phrase. I hope you die if you say this to me.

American stationed in Germany.

Obviously.

Cant agree more. Just cause you served doesnt mean you should be given automatic respect.

I'd rather give those respect who served in wars that actually mattered aka WW1, 2, vietnam to an extent and cold war etc. Basically anything past 2000 was a complete waste of time and nobody should be given any respect at all for fighting in these so called "wars"

How do you respond to it?

I also won't provoke someone who's physically stronger and mentally retarded.
Your argument sounds like
> you're too pussy to say that to a bear in those cave face to face.
Ofc I'm scared and I'm also not so stupid to do such things.

2CR or something else? MOS?

A FUCKING LEAF

that is true, all medics who see combat deserve respect regardless of where or when, unless they really fuck up

t. medic

cant agree more. Can't stand fags who say this shit. What are you thankful for? That this so called soldier contributed to destabilizing another country for the profitable gain of the elite thus causing the death of countless innocent lives? Yeah fuck off, that doesnt deserve respect at all.

Yes. Medics deserve the most respect out of them all, they are the ones who have to save your bitch ass on the front line. They put themselves at the most risk to pull your sorry ass back.

Honestly there's absolutely no point in Canada having military.

They would really be better off investing in basic defensive installation and having a reserve only to fill those stations, and just paying the USA for protection. Or not. The USA wouldn't let canada be invaded anyways, too strategically important.

And there's no point in having a military if you intend to go up against the USA. Your entire military would almost certainly surrender instantly.

>user says he is military.

>user says you should not respect POGs or Infantry.

>POG= Person other than Grunt
Infantry= Grunt

>user is retarded or doesnt know what a pog is.

>hint user: Its you.

Yeah dude, I think they're massive faggots too.

If you join the military, you basically lose all your constitutional rights. You can't refuse a search, you can't dress how you want on the base, hell they even make you pee in a cup while another dude watches.

Yeah, their drug tests are "supervised", meaning some dude watches your peen while you urinate.

Gay as fuck.

I find it funny these oafs are credited with defending our "rights" when they don't even have any rights themselves! They're fuckin'... indentured servants!

I pity those fucking morons. I don't respect them. They should get a real job.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ocsAJfVAEI

Bite my tongue, nod my head with a glazed look over my face, and say youre welcome. Nothing to be gained from being an autist in that situation.

Not all leafs

medics and a few other MOSs aren't POGs, infantrymen are literally retarded though and when they ETS are only qualified to be janitors because of years of eating urinal cakes

Former US solder here.

I think we should cut military spending in half.

We'd still be the number one military power by an immense margin, and we can use that excess money to render college tuition and healthcare free upon usage.

>It's fascinating to me that the political right does little to capitalize on the growing Mexican demographic

Probably because they've seen Mexico and didn't fantastically think to themselves, "You know what we need? More Mexicans. We can win all those votes and turn our country into a third world shithole that everyone who can runs from, like Mexico!". No fucking wonder you're stuck there retard.
That's what I fucking hate about immigrants. They all come from some total shithole looking for "peace" and "safety" or some other meme and then gradually they try to turn it into what they were running away from. You "people" aren't civilized and never will be. If it weren't for the Spanish you would still sacrificing virgins to the Sun God and hoping for a good harvest. Go and fuck yourself.

>meaning some dude watches your peen while you urinate
I love UAs for this reason desu.
Showing off my massive cock to some NCOs is highly satisfying.

I love you.

after the humiliation of vietnam, the dept of defense hired the brightest advertising execs, psychologists and propagandists to brainwash americans into liking and respecting the military again. it worked even better than they expected, probably because they overestimated the intellect of the average american.

fuck the troops, mooching off my hard earned tax dollars
the only thing they are good for is making international oil conglomerates even richer

>In half
At the very least. Won't happen because too many gibs are on the line. There is zero point in the US having a standing army at this point in time.

yes, our trillion dollar military has been so effective at fighting off the beaner hordes.

Are you done? Or do you need more time to cry?

Learn to read and argue. Your opinions are meaningless. Cry all you want.

How do you not understand this?

POG=anyone not infantry.

It is not a hard concept.

Thank you forgot the paycheck.

And the pay raise.

And the free education.

And the preference in federal jobs.

And the booming private contract industry.

I think I can live with your dissatisfaction, so long as you keep paying taxes that is.

Their killing shitskins in your country's name, Id be proud

>grew up in a pretty affluent place where nobody enlists
What a surprise

>we view a soldier who beats his wife better than an NFL player who beats his wife
Who would you respect more in the first place, a soldier or an NFL player? It's like if I said "why would I respect a wife beating soldier more than a wife beating hobo"

>Why do they get respect for doing something dangerous
Because they are doing it on YOUR fucking behalf. They make sacrifices. That's like saying "why should I auto-respect my parents"

seems like this leaf got a little too prickly for its branch eh?

only reason most you shitstains arent getting cucked by isis right now is because of the army. do them a favor on giving them less weight on their shoulders while they carry your fatass and hang yourself

>life is too valuable to be encouraging people to risk it so they can do what, get some glory?

let me break it down for you:

The world has a finite amount of resources. The sum total ambitions of the the humans of the world wildly out strip the available resources. This necessitates violent, deadly conflict.

Do you want to be the one participating in that violent deadly conflict? Neither do I. No country can survive without an army defending it, and all the countries without armies only exist because they became effectively vassal states of other countries with armies.

>they are doing it on YOUR fucking behalf

mfw this is what soldiers actually believe
you are doing this for:
-international oil congloorates
-banking cartels
-millionaire lockheed executives
-israel
-house of saud

in no way does any average american citizen benefit from you 'service'