Should I move to China for work?

Should I move to China for work?

My wife is Chinese and her family own a couple factories which sell formwork and flooring.

I work in construction so I know formwork very well but I am sceptical about the stories you all say about China.

putting all issues aside, the main question is why would you move to china?

No, fuck China

Watch Serpentza's and ADVChina's videos on living in china, its issues and benifits. You'll find it useful

I've been to china for my dad's work. It's extremely corrupt, no honesty in business.

I have been told it is more likely to earn a large amount of money there compared to Australia.

They plan to put me in a foreign sales position and to learn how they do business there in Shandong.

Can you even speak mandarin? Assuming they speak mandarin and not a different chinese dialect in your wifes polluted little town?

You won't make more than you would in Australia. Sure if you are from India or Brazil or some povo nation you will, but not as an Australian.

Massively overcrowded and full of backstabbers.
Be careful.

Can't speak much besides a few sentences and words I parrot.

I can AYYYYAAAAAA authentically though.

Her family tells me it's much easier to make a fortune then if I stay in Australia working a job due to so many business opportunities.

Do you want to die from pollution intoxication? No? Then don't move to china.

You should fuck off yes.

>die from pollution intoxication?

They live longer then we do in Australia. Somethings got to be good in that pollution.

Yes you should go, don't come back either.

>New Zealand

they will not give you a work visa.

Spouse visa or visors user.

I already have another 4 years on my current China visa. Not worried at all about visa.

Is that an Aucklander or your wife? They all look the same anyway.

They are correct.
Most China expats are only there for the money. When it's time to have children, they GTFO of China.

You will make more money at the cost of your quality of life. Whether you're willing to make that sacrifice or not is up to you.

DO IT!!!

And take your wife with you.

>cost of your quality of life.

Please go on..

I have only been to Hong Kong and Beijing and the quality of life there seemed great. Just like any other major city.

I would be moving to Shandong or Guangzhou.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, especially coming from Chinese people. Ignore the flag, I'm an Aussie in China. When they want to do business with you, they will make you feel very special and talk about how its such a good deal, how you will make lots of money etc etc. It's happened to me a few times. At least in my case, these "one in a lifetime" job offers came with a salary less than what I was already making in China (which incidentally is less than what I would make if I was working in Australia).

Do you have a bachelor degree? Do you have 2 years experience post-uni? If not, say goodbye to being legally employed on a Z-visa. There is a lot of paper work involved and if you're the first foreigner employed by them, high chance they will just let you work on a spouse visa, on a tourist visa, or on a business visa. Easier for them to not play by the rules.

Do the research. Don't get suckered in. China has a lot of great things. You can live in the heart of the city cheaper than you could in Australia, have some wicked adventures, drink beer on the cheap etc.

>Do you have a bachelor degree? Do you have 2 years experience post-uni?
Construction Management
Pretty much 2 years as an estimator now a CA.

Visa won't be an issue, they have plenty of connections.

Their words are, I will move there with my wife and learn how to do "Business".

How would you understand what this means from a Chinese?

How long did it take you to learn Chinese? I know near zero

It's an epic struggle and it's easy to only speak to your wife in English or stay in expat-only circles where no one bothered with learning Chinese. For the record I've been here for 1 year and I can get by but it's hard to talk beyond superficial things at my level.

You seem confident about the visa issue which is good. Connections is everything there so who knows what strings they will pull. I just didn't like being offered a job and being told I need to work on a business visa with trips to HK one a month so I don't overstay my entry.

As for "business", that could mean anything. Hard to say. You have to ask with Chinese. It's not in their culture to elaborate and it's certainly not in their culture to question. Like I said, don't get suckered in. As for making a fortune, is it you making the fortune or is it your wife's family making money off your hard work? Good luck bro and make sure you know what you are getting in to.

Do you have a university degree m80? You cant get approved for a wrking VISA without one.

>b but I can get w work

Yes, and? You would be working illegally

>b but muh Chinese relatives can help with their guan xi

Still illegal m8

No, you cunt. They just don't have spiders and snakes and fucking rabid platypuses around every corner.

>Visa won't be an issue, they have plenty of connections.

Have fun getting deported and banned from entering China ever again you fucking moron

>b b but m muh connections s said it w wouldnt be a p p problem

Government are cracking down, you will have a few months at best

I said I do have a degree in construction management with 2 years post graduate experience.

A z visa and a work residence permit will not be an issue. Their companies have the ability to employ foreigners.

Ok put it this way.

They can LEGALLY give me a visa through their companies and already employ a handful foreigners.

Then ignore my trolling. My waifu is also Chinese and I have lived and worked there.

China is a great country, better than Australia? No.

>Calling shitposting trolling
Ausbrother please
>China is a great country, better than Australia? No.

From what I experienced as long as you are middle or upper class it's awesome.

If you can do it legally then I would go for it, though I would first think carefully about working for your wifes family.

Chinese are difficult to do business with, it does not work the same way that it does here, working for family is an additional complication.

Like Biggie said, 7, this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely separated
Money and blood don't mix like 2 dicks and no bitch
Find yourself in serious shit

You married a gook? Your parents must be so proud

There's a reason few foreigners go to work in China.

You have to be interact with Chinese people, who are the most loathsome on Earth.