What should Australia's new flag be if they become a republic?

What should Australia's new flag be if they become a republic?

This ones the best.

A boot stamping on a human face forever

Then throw in an emu or some shit for good measure

bum with a fist flying out of it

hey wait a minute...
didn't NZ try to change their flag and get rid of the union jack like 2 years ago?
what happened to that shitstorm?

There were 2 referenda. The first was to decide what design the new flag should be out of a few shortlisted ones. The second was to decide between the new and the old one. The old one won.

This one is nice but it doesn't represent our Southern Cross so #NotMyFlag

This one is nice, with the aboriginal colours to keep them happy and the Kangaroo + The Southern Cross as part of Australian Identity

beautiful :')

>bum with a fist flying into it

These are the shittest ideas for flags I've ever seen

You've got modem change notification faggots getting married than Aus become a republic. (So both have 0% chance)

We like our queen.

Stop pretending to to hate royalty, or stop using a dead English king's foot to measure everything in your county.

im not even white. but this one.

Australia shouldn't become a republic

Ignoring any monarchistic nostaglia I think it's simply pragmatic to maintain our "highest law" as the Crown

In America you've got a situation in which the President is becoming much more powerful than he was ever intended to be. Executive orders and other bullshit.

In Australia all the power is held within the House of Parliament and the Senate. The equivalent of the President, the Governor General (the Queen's representative on the continent), is all but powerless.

This means that power in Australia is spread much more democratically. Minority parliaments are common, and representative of the fractured nature of Australian society.

If we moved into a Replican system with a President nothing would change immediately. But over time, just like in USA, power would inevitably converge upon our President and the democracy of our country would suffer as a result.

All that aside I enjoy being a member of the Commonwealth for sporting reasons.

Eureka Flag. Period.

I like the union jack, and feel apart of BRITANNIA so no thanks.

>emu
We'll use that flag if you use this one

It's first actual flag.

>implying if we actually became a republic we would get rid of the Westminster system.

mate we wouldn't change our whole political structure for that.

I want to remain part of the monarchy because i like the way power is dispersed but I wish we had our own flag, like the Eureka.

not to worry, lads. old mate clive palmer will set us up when he memes his way to the top job.

And why is our head of state some random cunt that a private (((political party))) selects?

This.
Eureka flag or fuck off the flag's fine.

Everything else looks fucking terrible.

Fuck every single one of these flags. If we're a republic we can do whatever the fuck we want, let's just keep out fucking flag.

this actually looks good

We shouldn't become one though. We'll instantly turn into a corpocracy. We'll also loose all our god given, inalienable rights brought forth from England.

What'd you think?

Having a fractured democracy also promotes more party infighting and slows down the ability for growth. If our government spent as much time governing as they did stabbing each other in the back for the top job, we'd be light years ahead.

Also the American form of a republic isn't the only form of republic, you're making a fallacy by thinking power would centralise, look at Germany, they have a President, but power hasn't concentrated

>All that aside I enjoy being a member of the Commonwealth for sporting reasons.

We would remain within the Commonwealth if we were a Republic, we just wouldn't be a subsidiary of Britain. India is an independent republic, and they're still in it.

What if the country goes republic but doesn't need president at all?

If there is a need to represent the country, PM just does the job, same as he is doing right now - e.g., visit other countries as a representative of Australia.

We wouldn't have to get of the Westminister system though. The GG has powers that would almost make a modern American President blush, but they can't use them because of the conventions of our system. The GG is effectively non-partisan.

If we moved into a republic the similar Presidential position would inevitably be Coalition or Labour, and since they're in a position to support their party, instead of in a position of oversight by the effectively neutral Queen, they'll use those powers to tilt the scale.

Even if we completely remove ANY power from this Presidential position it will inevitably be partisan, we will have a Labour or Coalition president each election. And as a result of this each party will increase the power of there president (as we have seen in America) and we will wind up in the same executive order bullshit position.

The advantage of the GG being a British stooge is that NO political party in Australia benefits from giving the GG MORE power. That is a beautiful thing that should be maintained. The predilection of the Australian public to say "FUCK BRITISH POWER" is the very same predilection that preserves Australian democracy.

I like this one, it's simple, distinctive, and just seems Australian

I don't want our system to change, but I do want the Eureka Flag and a new anthem. Advance Australia Fair is the least patriotic and most dull of all our folk songs.

You're bang on

we'd need to change parliament structure. fuck off the political party system. right vs left gets nothing useful done, and they're always slaves to ((political donations)).

>fuck the queen off
>fuck the political partys off
>fuck the muzzies and commodore scum off

The only flag we will ever need

Come home white man.

You're being naive. The reason Lab and Lib want a republic is so (((they))) can have the position of Governor General (now president) as an advantage over their opposition.

Whenever in power a political party will inevitably push for more presidential power in order to cement their control of the country. This is a bad thing (see American presidential orders)

The advantage of having the Crown oversee our Government is that no one wants to give more power to the highest authority. Both political parties want to manifest political power in the house, where the average Australian citizen can have the most political impact. By comparison there is very little incentive for the political parties to force control of government as the highest (presidential) level.

Australia is much better served remaining in the commonwealth. Our Queen serves to protect us from the possibility of a localized despot and we get all the benefits of being within the Commonwealth community, closely linked with our motherland the UK and several other politically important nations.

Just checking to make sure someone had posted the obvious choice

Your digits are strong, but I don't entirely agree, I reckon no political parties and only independents in the upper/lower house. No head of state either, that way we can do important shit like address the insanely high booze price and lower the taxes on ciggies.

Right now they're more interested in lining their pockets and subsidising coal mining, centrelink isn't nearly as much of a waste as the ford holden adventure, huge nanny state etc etc.

I just couldn't see independents behaving as badly as the lib/lab clowns, even gits like Lamby.

I'd like to see the Kiwiland become an Australian state. While I can currently visit hobbit land and impregnate their hideous women with impunity, it means a lot more when I own their land as well.

This is the only other Australian flag that has any History. You can have the nicest looking flag in the world, but if you don't have a history within it, it isn't worth the soil it flies upon.

The green & gold is shit and always will be shit.
Plus those colours on a flag are third world tier.

>i like this one

You deserve skin cancer

these colours look third world as fuck

these or stay with what we have

newzealand are some of the worst

>I reckon no political parties
How do you intend to police this shit? There is no law in America enabling political parties and yet the Democrats and Republicans control the entire fucking country.

There is no incentive for the current winning political party (Libs for now) to not implement a Head of State controlled by a major party. Lab will vote in favour of this kind of republic because they know it leads to a 2 state solution.

There is no path from our current system to some bullshit political utopia. Both major parties will use the opportunity to enable themselves. That means a new GG (((president))) with as much power as the current ruling party can muster.

We rely on the Queen to protect us from bullshit politicians. And she has served Australia well for 65 years.

The political shitshow prevents the GG, and by extension the Crown, from having and real impact on Aussie politics.

This same function prevents any Aussie pollie from gaining REAL modern US president power.

Our system isn't perfect, but it is a fucktonnne better and more democratically fair than the majority of first world nations.

Long live the Queen.

if i am ever to embrace an Australian flag, it better be RED, WHITE AND BLUE

the eureka flag is the only exception to this

anyone promoting a red/black/yellow glag or a green/gold flag is a dumb cunt

green/gold is only good for sport colours, it looks fucking shit on a flag

*new zealand women
i like nz

this looks like a bongo bongo flag.
although, australia will probably become the new african capital in a couple more generations anyway. better get on that flag now.

white = europeans
black = aboriginals
red = the land
swastika/yellow circle = the sun

51st state

DEUS VULT
>Not realising the best way to keep muzzies and degenerate atheists away is by stubbornly following Christ

if we change it, this is the only thing we should change it to, the flag we had during the world wars, the flag our best generations died under.

otherwise fuck off, you're just trying to push us even further from our history, and destroy just a little bit more of the old empire. any new flag we take on will be a flag that represents what we are now, a divided, multicultural hellhole in the process of ruining our country and erasing our history. it's a fucken disgrace.

something niggerish, considering all those places with nigger names. For instance, wtf is 'bondi'. I hate your country for having all those retarded names.

Don't worry lad, you'll always have us

Well paraphrased!

I get your reasoning, but I think the independents are doing pretty well, they don't seem nearly as war mongery or 'big Australia' - they just seem to stick to the local needs of their electorate.

Also the Libs losing Indi is a huge deal, it's been Lib since forever, and Shepparton swung 32.5% or something close to that to an independent in the last state election. Via the internet there's never been a better chance for people to run for senate etc successfully,

If we get heaps of them in that'll naturally break the two party system without having to deal with stupidity like massive protests and commies getting in power. This is my opinion after praying for more independents for about 10 years now, maybe I'm just confirming what I want to see but I think the concept holds water.

Rural areas in particular don't need someone who has a strong position the urgency of x social issue in country y. There's a lot of things that a rep who actually represented them could do and really turn around some areas.

It seems like our system is based on the intention that our politicians will be doing normal shit like getting addition funds for roads in their area rather than playing game of thrones.

Legalising weed would be good too.

tl;dr if we stop electing parties, functional senate should a perfectly good job.

But then we're just left with corporations. I get where you're coming from but breaking from the commonwealth in my opinion would be a bad idea. I think the old English common law, which Australia is still under through our constitution, helps a lot more than we think.

Bondi" or "Boondi" is an Aboriginal word meaning water breaking over rocks or noise of water breaking over rocks.

I don't give a fuck what it means. It's gay nigger shit like a million other names in Australia.

Proposed flag.

m8, your girls would rather date an African than a Dutch man, what the fuck are you talking about

thats why we have to overhaul the political system and ban poltical partys from forming. reduce the wage/salary of MPs so that its no longer a job for the money grabbing jews that currently hold office. with only independents in parliament, they can vote on laws and do the job they were originally designed to do in the first place
>represent the people of their electorate.
not bend over the country to fuck it in the ass while murdoch and gina stroke themselves in the background.

No you.

I'm not your mate, faggot. And your gay little fantasy is irrelevant.

100% agree.

This is my point man. Lib/Lab was a rule some years ago, but that rule was fucked with by the Nationals coalition. Then all of a sudden the Coalition isn't right enough and One Nation is getting votes and so on and so forth.

What is relevant is that minority parties hold sway in Australia. Compare the Australian Greens and Nationals to the American Greens and Libertarian offering. Obviously the parties aren't a 1:1 comparison but we can see how the lack of centralised Australian leadership (and Australian party focused "President") helps enable greater political diversity in the control of Australian politics.

I'm not going to lie. I'm one of those nationalist bigots who thinks that it is a great thing that Captain James Cook selected Botany Bay for as the site of a UK prison colony.

I think British colonization of the Australian continent was a net positive for humanity. And I think that the effective oversight of the UK enables a superior democracy for Aus regardless of what the current UK policy is. The automatic resistance of Australians to UK policy, combined with the fact that it is impossible for our strongest political party to have a (((final political say))) gives us a strong, robust and non-partisan political system.

Same one they have now. Shut up and go away you lard arse tosser, God save the Queen.

fuck off, tulip.

>fantasy

This should be our flag if we ever become a republic.

top fucking kek

why? do you like all those gay ass nigger names yourself?

this
and it only has one less star than it does now

God forbid we ever change the flag but If we do I'll be voting for the Eureka

With that said you just know If our flag is ever changed It'll be some abhorrent monstrosity with Aboriginal symbolism and/or in disgusting green or gold colours

Green and Gold are developing world colours

i do. i just dont want to hear it from some fucking tulip.

don't*****
fuck.

>I hate your country for having all those retarded names.
That logic cuts both ways you clog wearing faggot
>zwartewaterland
>noordoostpolder
>oostsellingwerf
>assen
>tytsjerksteradiel

>hey pik fokker zee dijks are overflowing ve're beink flooded agen!
>vhere eez thez happening kok?
>ty-tyt-tytsjer... i'm zo high right now i cannot pronounce eet

Thanks for the interesting read, I've never stopped to think about why we never seem to do anything too insane. You've got me looking into this now.. We do have an interesting political and democratic history, preferential voting - which I'm a big fan of.

I'm probably seeming a bit out of left field cos I'm coming at my positions from the perspective of being anti central bank - pro gold standard, anti foreign deployment etc, lets research thorium so we can use heaps electricity for next to nothing and end this cycle of bs that is totally cooked up by (((them)))

I feel like (((they))) are just being fucking knobs and behaving like parents. I'd personally prefer to have 24 hour bottle o's everywhere, more pubs with 24 hour service and other good stuff like that. Instead we get more cops, fines, shitter 'free' medical system.. The medical system that justifies our insane tax on everything.

I got a lot to say tonight, I'm boycotting the coopers boycott and got on the coopers red.

That's Dutch and Frisian, retard. It's what whites speak here. How the fuck are you gonna compare that to retarded niggershit that wasn't even written before english cucks started writing it down.

i know, and it sounds like you have muslim bollocks on your tongue when you speak it
>doesnt even have a country that is above sea level
lel get the fuck out off this thread it's full dumb cunt

You don't know shit retard. You don't even realize that Dutch and English come from the same language. You don't get to call me dumb when you're this idiotic. Only because I criticize the existence of fucking oogawallirua place names in Australia, which you should be ashamed of, you stupid faggot.

that dose actually sound like a good idea user.

>>doesnt even have a country that is above sea level

leave my clog wearing buddy alone
at least cheeseland isn't 70% desert filled with spiders that will eat your face off

Look man, Australia has more Uranium than the rest of the planet combined and we also have MASSIVE areas that are at virtuallt 0 risk of natural disaster.

I'm not saying our current political system isn't flawed, I support a dramatic swing in favour of nuclear energy.

Alll I'm saying is that Australian independence isa power grab for current Aussie political powers, and that our current political system offers a degree of UK-not-giving-a-fuck to enable a greater democracy than seen in some of our first world contemporaries.

Our loathing for British intervention makes them our greatest democratic partner.

>"They come from the same language so they're the same!"
no, your language sounds like you're coughing up flem. No wonder the arabs love your otherwise irrelevant country, considering dutch sounds so close to arabic.

>oogawallirua

hey i think i went there on holiday once
the petrol was the best i've ever tasted

>east india company stripes
good goy

>1 meter rise in sea levels
i hope global warming is real m8, australians do our part, biggest user of energy per capita on the planet. while we're creating inland seas and making our country a paradise, you'll have the oceans flooding you from one direction and the muzzies flooding from the other. good thing you can ride your bike to the local prozzies and smoke your shitty amsterdam weed.