Eastern Europeans, were you better under the Nazis, or under the Commies?

Eastern Europeans, were you better under the Nazis, or under the Commies?

Post family stories, anecdotes, facts, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust_in_the_Independent_State_of_Croatia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My grandparents told me when the germans came they practically did nothing.
But when the russian came after they looted all the food, even the light bulbs which they dumped after they learnt that they cannot give light without electricity. Also the officers could only read loudly with a skill of a 6 year old.

Not Eastern European, but I know people that visited there in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and I've done some reading. Apparently people were rather poor, living spaces were small, and there were periodic shortages of consumer goods. However, unemployment didn't exist (except in Yugoslavia), homelessness was uncommon, public spaces were well maintained to give a good impression, and there was widespread access to cultural facilities like museums, art galleries, and concerts.

>and there was widespread access to cultural facilities like museums, art galleries, and concerts
>in a a Soviet country

Yeah I'm sure they were thrilled to see and hear all the ways the rodina is great and how Stalin, then Khrushchev dindu nuffin, and that the Nazis were bad for 50 years straight.

Now its pretty much the same with minor diferences.

Museums and concerts are scarce since goverment stopped investing in cultrure(illitarate and stupid mass is easier to controll)
There is no shortages of consumer goods, but we dont have money for luxuries so nobody gives a shit to be honest

You're just going to get a bunch of LARPers telling you the story on how their great grandpa was an SS Officer and told stories on how life under Nazi Occupation was a utopia.

Older people who lived then said that Germans were a lot better. If you subordinated and don't try any shit against Germany they just leave you alone. They don't steal, don't kill for fun. Russians meanwhile where like furious locusts everywhere they go. Killing, raping, inhuman violence for fun, ignorant, they couldn't use the simplest tools (I hear storie about russian who saw mirror first time in his life). Both was tragedy but after all Germans where far better.

No one could afford items of luxury in soviet times either. Mostly cause it just wasn't available as it wasn't deemed necessary by the central gov and even when it was those with connections got their hands on it first.

Whoever made that crappy map should be skinned alive.

Doubtful, we shot all colaborators after the war, they had like 4 years of enjoyment but they and their family regreted it all after the war. Nazism is weak in orthodox countries, only Greeks and Serbs didnt sent their Volksgranadier conscripts to Russian front, here every able man ran to the woods to join partisans because Germans were shooting 100 men for 1 dead German soldier.

>Italy
>Neutral

Sorry, what?

Kys

The reds build a wall to keep people in,
so what do you think?

>yugoslavia under german occupation
>albania is now albania

Which idiot made this map

2 shades of grey. No idea about Turkey though.

We did invade Yugoslawia in 41', so thats correct.
Albania being Croatia is weird

Italy should not be neutral

Just a map made by a retard

(OP)

I dont find that weird, Croatia was allied to Nazi Germany, they even had operating death camp on their teritory, they have many problems because of it now because (((they))) are haunting them and demand shekels to be payed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust_in_the_Independent_State_of_Croatia

>even the light bulbs which they dumped after they learnt that they cannot give light without electricity

lol

Kisses to you too, dear. Although i don't get why don't see the awful quality of that image.

Maybe he is some nazi-edgy wannabe kid, lots of scum on this boards

>Croatia was allied to Nazi Germany
yes in a way that Germany imported bunch of ultranationalist croatian terrorists from Italy to govern

anyhow, he's not reffering to that but to the map where albania is croatia u silly guska

Both we're shit. But Communists we're BY FAR THE WORST. They murdered more, plundered more, destroyed our language and culture + more. If I had to choose I will always take the brown cancer over the red cancer.

Communism was shit but Nazis would exterminate or enslave us so commies win this I guess.
You also have to consider that Nazis didn't act the same everywhere.

>Croatia
>Albania

What?

My grandparents were Belarussian. They were only children of their families to survive Nazi invasion, they were only 3.