FALL OF ROME RISK

IMPORTANT!

Before you pick a faction, look at its information here!

pastebin.com/jLWsVBiE (embed) (embed) (embed)

IMPORTANT!

Game will start when 2 players join

Five years to the day when Emperor Theodosius divided the Empire between his two sons, Flavius Honorius and Flavius Arcadius.
These next few years will determine the fate of the Empire, whether it falls into shadow, or is rejuvinated.

Game will start when 2 players join. Factions that do not have a player are controlled by OP.

bump

reee I wish OP could bump

Bump

bump

bump

bump

Claiming Franks

The game has now begun. Make your rolls!

It is fall, 400.

The Visigoths have entered the Eastern Roman Empire's territory intent on plunder.

The Huns begin to sweep westward across the plains, into the Carpathian mountains.

Karl the 1st has ascended to the throne of the Franks.

>Gather my European forces in Constantinople
> Organize a plan with my generals
> Ride out to expel the Visigoths from proper roman clay

King Karl leads his troops across the Rhine into Frisia, claiming it as the first victory in the conquest of Gaul

Can I call dibs on the Picts?

you can on any faction

Noice. PICTS PUSH SOUTH.

tell me what u wanna do

It is nearing the end of Fall, 400.

THE FRANKS, a coalition of Germanic tribes on the Rhine, have burst through the Roman defenses. Civil disorder HAS FALLEN APART in Gaul.

The VISIGOTHS plunder THEBES in Greece.

A Visigothic army enters the Western Roman Empire.

The Gepids have been subjugated by the Huns.

The Greuthungi gothic territory is being ravaged by the Huns.

The Huns continue to move westward.

The Suebians continue to move south.

The Roman legion in Britannia is unhappy with the situation unfolding in Gaul, claiming that Flavius Honorius, western emperor, is ineffectual and weak. They are downright mutinous.

The province of Frisia is expericing major floods. -1 subtracted from all turns in this province.

The ebdanians have invaded Britannia.

The Picts were organizing their warbands for an invasian into Roman territory, but heavy rains and wind delayed their attack. (rolled a zero.)

> Ride out with generals to ambush the migrating Visigothic horde
> Commencing attack to reconquer decimated lands and repel the Visigoths westward

Attack Western Romans!

Undeterred by the heavy rain buffeting Frisia, King Karl assembles his men at the recently captured fort of Flevum, splitting his force between his two sons, Pepin and Clovis.

While Karl accompanies Pepin in the continiuing invasion of Frisia, Clovis is ordered to break off and push south.

The west will not fall this time.
defend than attack all attackers

It is now Winter, 400.

CIVIL WAR in the WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE
-Flavius Claudius Constantinus or Constantine III has declared himself the Western Roman Emperor in Britannia. He plans to MARCH ON ROME.
-Constantine III is unhappy with Honorius ineffecutal rule.

KING ALARIC of the Visigoths intends to march on Ravenna, Roman capital for the misdeeds the Romans did to his kin many years ago.

BRITANNIA has become a WARZONE as the Roman usurper Constantine attempts to repulse the invaders.

The Alans have crossed into Eastern Roman territory

The FRANKS are repulsed back by Roman Limitanei forces. Belgica has become a battle ground.

The Frisians are divided up between the Franks and the Saxons. The Frisians are no more.

The Huns ravage the Venedians.

The Vandals have moved into the lombards territory.

The Gepids and the Greuthungians are now HUNNIC puppet states.

The Scythians have engaged the Hepthalite army, with minor damages to that army.

Disappointed with Clovis' ineffectual leadership, Karl absorbs a large portion of his troops back into the main invasion force, and resolves to push further into the heart of Gaul.

defend and attack Britannia

>Pay off alans to head westward
>Resettle decimated lands
>Invaded the Ghassanid kingdom for goal of annexation

fixing name

Can I play as Welsh?

Push east

Not an option since its not historical accurate and would have to take land from an existing player, check the legend

It is nearing the end of Winter, 401.

THE VISIGOTHS have SACKED RAVENNA, the capital of the Western Roman Empire. King Alaric of the Visigoths says he intends to sack Rome itself.

THE GHASSANID KINGDOM is completely annexed by the Eastern Roman Empire. Understandbly, the Sassanid are quite threatened by this move.

The Alans have passed through Eastern Roman territory, and have entered Pannonia.

Antean Slavic armies and Hunnic hordes engaged in battle earlier today. The Huns suffered a massive defeat, wiping out the army, reminding the slavs that the Huns are not invincible.

The Western Roman Empire, led by Flavius Stilicho, Magister Miltum of the Western Legions leads an expedition to reclaim Britannia from the usurper.

The Huns continue to ravage the Venedians.

The White Huns and Scythia continue to battle out.

The Sassanids have engaged the Hepthalites and have inflicted minor damage on them.

The Franks attempt to continue the invasion of Gaul, but a large quarrel by Frankish nobles over the question of Roman land halts the invasion force for several weeks. (you rolled a zero)

The Suebians have moved into Tarraconensis with intent to settle.

The Vandals have moved into Saxon territory.

>Wall of text for rules

Let the Picts take the rest

Reclaim Ravenna!

Seeing an oppurtunity to remove his second son, Clovis from the fighting altogether; King Karl appoints him to placate the quarreling nobles and maintain realm order, a task fitting for Clovis, a man reputed to be bookish, and poor with swordplay.

Meanwhile, Karl and Pepin push forward into Gaul, hoping to strike an effective blow as the winter draws to a close.

>Continue the momentum fro the invasion of the Gassiness, head for Babylon
>Establish formal diplomatic relations with the Huns
>Offer regular tribute to avoid Eastern Roman clay

is this more aesthetic

It is now Spring, 401.

THE VISIGOTHS MOVE TOWARDS ROME! King Alaric seeks vengeance.

VANDALS CROSS THE RHINE: Thousands of Germanics crossed the Frozen rhine earlier this month into Roman territory.

The Huns have subjugated the Ostrogoths.

CONSTANTINE reclaims southern Britannia from Honorius!

The Suebians have settled in Tarraconensis, north west Spain.

The Franks continue to push into Roman Belgica.

The White Huns continue to decimate Scythian lands.

A Hunnic army lands at the Gothic port at the tip of Crimea.

The Sassanids engage the Hepthalite army, totally destroying it in a massive rout.

The Angles, fearful of Dane expansion, start to prepare for a sea migration.

can I enter as the Saxons?
Capture Westphalia fully

Due to the decentralised nature of the Frankish state, Clovis' work continues well into the spring but the relative peace in the realm means the way is opened for a more focused offensive.

As for the Vandals, a wide berth is given as the Franks see no reason for quarrel with them. Karl works to further the gains made into Roman territory, with his eldest son Pepin in tow.

>Armies have been assembled in Petra the invasion of Mesopotamia has commenced
> Sign non aggression pact with the Arab states
> This is a reconquest of proper Roman clay as trajan before hand

Defend Rome
give extra reinforcements to the north

better

It is nearing the end of Spring, 401.

VISIGOTHIC SACK OF ROME! Thousands of pounds of gold plundered in the ancient city of Rome. Some pagan senators claim that the conversion of the Empire to Christianity set the downfall of the Empire.

A HUNNIC ARMY has made landfall in Bithyna, in the Eastern Roman Empire. They begin to decimate the area, plundering all in sight.

CIVIL WAR in the WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE! Usurper Maximus of Hispania seeks to overthrow the rule of Emperor Honorius.

The Sassanids, following the declaration of war by the Eastern Imperial court, proceed to invade into Cappadocia.

The Quadians have been subjugated by the Huns. They are now a puppet state of the Huns.

The Saxons entered Paderborn earlier this morning in defiance of the Lombards. Henceforth, the Kingdom of Westphalia was formed.

The Suebians have conquered the rest of the province of Tarraconensis. Henceforth, they shall be known as the Kingdom of the Suebians.

The Alans continue to migrate towards Spain.

forgot

THE ANGRIANS have declared war on the Franks, to get retribution from them, and to reclaim the province of Angria.

>Pay off the Hunnic army for the trip westward
> Meet the Sassanids in battle at Cappadocia

With the homeland secure, the saxon raiders look for plunder on the seas!
King Ethelric gathers his raiders to take advantage of the Chaos in Britannia and attacks Kent!

Are you sure you want to attack kent? That is controlled by the Jutes and could harm your relations with that faction.

Secure Italia

Then crush Maximus

The Frankish army, with it's footbold in Belgica, is in a safe enough position to counter the Angrian invaders.

As the war with Rome rages on, King Karl expresses fascination with the Roman religion, their idolatry of the Cross. This can only be a poor omen for the stability of the Frankish people

yes, its either them or the angles

Feel bad, you've had the shittest of roles since starting

Clovis, by request of his father, King Karl of the Franks, has arrived in Saxon lands as an ambassador, bearing a gift of three chests of loot taken from the Romans in Belgica; as well as the promise of a marriage pact, as a gesture of goodwill.

I suppose if nothing else it keeps the game interesting

taking over Persia
can i roll this turn?
if so annex arabia

4 off
fuck

Claiming Constantine's Empire

We return your ambassador with our own, bearing the gift of a Master crafted Helm for King Karl, so he might better protect himself from Roman Pila

We suggest a marriage to Ethelrics stunning daughter Eadgyth to bind our families together.

Attack Sassinids

Fuck we canceled out

It is now Summer, 401.

ROMANS ENGAGE THE VISIGOTHS NEAR ROME, the Visigothic army is slightly damaged by the attack.

The ANGLES have swept into Britannia, conquering everything in its path.

The Kingdom of Westphalia lands its raiders in Kent, and a battle with the Jute forces ensues. The Saxons win, and receive control of the province of Londinium and some outlying territories.

PERSIANS and ARABS battle it out in the Desert.

The GEPIDS, ordered by their master, the Huns, raid into Macedonia.

The Danes have declared war on the Jutes and the Angles.

The DANES have swept into Jutland and Angeln, conquering everything in sight. The Kingdom of the Danes is now formed.

The Huns continue to ravage Bithnyia.

The Hepthalites are no more.

The Alans have moved into Lusistania with intention to settle.

We trust that you will honour our existing non agression pact made earlier

how about a NAP and end the fighting?
Defend from any attacks. Spills into arabia

Our. Help me with the Sassinids and I'll help you in return.

Crush the Visigoths for Rome

Goodbye Constantine

wasted
rip Arabs hopefully

agreed, well take a break for nowSorry, state is under too much stress for two fronts

Actually, give me the rest of Arabia back and I'll donate my troops do you can take Armenia.

so a temporary truce? then?

fucking captcha asking me for stop signs without any stop signs

> Rally all the men of the west to met the huns head on in the Balkans
>I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails,

when we forsake our friends

and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields,

when the age of men comes crashing down,

but it is not this day! This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand, Men of the West!!!

King Karl, enraged at the supposed inaction of his generals, takes his place at the head of the army. Riding out with 10,000 men, he hopes to defeat the Angrians on the field so he may return to his conquest of Belgica

Sure. Give me Arabia though.

i was not talking to you.
you will die

yeah a peace for a while

You mean East

Fuck you, you will die warmonger. Attack Sassinids. Eastern Rome, peace?

King Karl gladly accepts the marriage proposal, and sends his son and heir Pepin to Westphallia to marry Eadgyth, whom word of her staggering beauty has apparently reached as far as Scythia

Treaty of Constantinople 401
truce between the Eastern Roman Empire and the Sassanids. Ending of the roman- persian war of 400-401

Western Rome still exists?

9 spaces

With the once great city of Londinium secured King Ethelric realises that this is a opportunity for real conquest, not just raiding.
He marches to secure the rest of Brittania Superior.
Not all is well in the court however as Ethelrics 2 sons, close to coming of age, begin to wonder what the results of Succession will be....

The Wedding ceremonies are so joyous that despite the intoxicating after party, its memory is burned into the mind of all who attended.
This communion reminds the Frank warriors for what they fight, and this zeal burns in there heart as they take to the battle field the next day to turn the tide against the Angrians

Nigger

It is nearing the end of summer, 401.

ALL OUT WAR IN MOESIA AND THRACE as Hunnic puppet states and Romans clash in massive battles

Royal Scythia has professed alliance with the Eastern Roman Empire, and has INVADED the Greuthungian Goths, a puppet state of the Huns.

The Swedes have declared war on the Geats.

The Geats are no more.

The Swedes have formed the Kingdom of the Swedes.

Pact of 401: Sassanids and Eastern Romans agree to peace.

The Western Roman forces under command of Flavius Stilicho, Magister Militum engage Visigothic forces. The Visigoth army is slightly damaged.

The Visigoths proceed to flee to Aquitania.

The Saxons have conquered lower Britannia.

The Angles have made a new capital in Britannia following the Danish conquest.

The Arabs and the Sassanids are engaged in massive conflicts across the Arabian desert.

THE HUNS ARE ON THE DOORSTEP OF CONSTANTINOPLE!

Usurper Maximus continues to grow in Hispania.

The Alans have settled in Lusitania and are growing.

The Vandals are preparing to settle Baetica.

Frankish-Angrian war comes to an end - Angria is no more.

The Lombards, cousins to the saxons, have conqured the province of Eastphalia - forming the Kingdom of Eastphalia.

What happened to my 9 spaces of occupation you fucking Nigger

kill arabia

I couldnt tell where your roll was so I autorolled it

Kill Sassanids

Correct it.

> We ride out to meet the Huns outside of Constantinople

>Arise, arise, Riders of Rome
Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
Ride now, ride now! Ride to Black Sea!

i got this. which is a roll of 20
you got an 8 which is a roll of 9
i should have gotten 11 spaces

After an inspiring victory on the east of the Rhine; King Karl marches westward with the goal of finally bringing all of Belgica under the control of the Franks. Should he be succesful in this goal, his sights will surely be set on Lugdeunesis afterwards.

you have to specify which of your posts is your roll, or else op doesnt know which number to count

I should have gotten 11 spaces, which would have killed him

Oh, ok. Sorry OP.

Also, roll for Poosia

FUGG

King Ethelrics veteran warriors demand more plunder! They eye the Angles to the north.
Doubt clouds Ethelric, till his Favourite son Aart, spurs him on, saying that all of Brittannia could be there.

King Ethelric filled with confidence marches under a banner of his crack huscarls and invades the Angles to the north! Seeking to take the capital!

OP if you correct the map then instead of attacking Arabs (who would be dead), attack Scythia
if you dont fix the map then ignore this

you have to be more specific. tell me clearly what you want to do and I will do it.

Send the Visigoths to hell

last turn I rolled a 20 and Arabs rolled a 9.
That should have killed him but he is still alive.
I want you to fix the map because he should have been dead.
If you do fix the map, then attack Scythia
If not, attack Arabs.

Rolling for Persia