Victoria 2

In this game, "Ashkenazi" is part of the same culture group as "North German" and "South German". Why is this? What could this mean?

>off-topic
It's a political game fyi

That's where they lived at the time, but mostly in Ghettos in Poland, where else should they use their home as when they had no country before Israel came to be?

Haven't Jews always been in the Levant?

Because in the Victoria timeline Prussia rules over large amounts of Polish territory, and Germany and especially Poland had the largest amount of Jews in all of Europe.

Before the first world war Germany had one of the largest Jewish populations in the world, and unlike Russia who had even more Jewish people in their empire Jews in Imperial Germany were treated arguably better than any other place in the world. I guess the game is trying to represent that.

Should I get this or keep playing EU4? Only grand strategy I've played so far.

CK 2 is best, its only paradox game that actually gets harder more you expand

I recommend it.
If you want to get into Vic2 then play as Prussia, you get to experience almost everything the game can offer.

Ashkenazi literally means "German" in Hebrew. Ashkenazi Jews came in the beginning from Southern Europe in Roman times but settled in the Rhine valley and Germany in the late Roman era and early Middle Ages. Though they eventually moved eastward as far as Russia, they traditionally spoke a Germanic language when not in temple.

If you want population, immigration, assimilation, ideology, and actual trade then I recommend it.

I'll probably just get both next sale. EU4 is my favorite time period of them all though.

>mfw I realize I was the jew all along

guys, remember video games is great unless you become a neet.

anyways, paradox interactive, the people who made the game, are swedish.

that should explain everything.

Ashkenazis spoke Yiddish and Yiddish is a German dialect.

I shoulda known!

>Get EUIV
>Download Extended Timeline
>Create nation of Israel in 60AD
>BTFO Romans
>Roll over territory and be in control of Rome by 200AD

Ashkenaz is a term found in a number of contexts. It is found in the Hebrew Bible to refer to one of the descendants of Noah as well as to a reference to a kingdom of Ashkenaz. Ashkenaz is the first son of Gomer, and a Japhetic patriarch in the Table of Nations.

His name is likely a derivation from the Assyrian Aškūza (Aškuzai, Iškuzai), a people who expelled the Cimmerians from the Armenian area of the Upper Euphrates,[1] The Assyrian name is likely based on that of the Scythians. The intrusive n in the Hebrew form of the name has been explained as a scribal mistake confusing a waw ו with a nun נ (i.e. writing אשכנז ašknz for aškūz אשכוז).[2][3][4]

The association of the term by medieval Jewry with the geographical area centered on the Rhineland led to the Jewish culture that developed in that area to be called Ashkenazi, the only form that the term is still used today.
Used to be the name they called scythians, before the romans started calling scythians "Germans"

It's not quite a dialect, but it's roughly 80% German-derived, and German speakers can usually understand much of it.

When the hell is Vic 3? 2 is good, but looks awful in comparison to newer engines.

It might be shit. A lot of people don't like HoI4 but I wonder if that will change as more expansions come out. It's the only thing keeping me from getting into HoI, I want to see if the new one is any better before bothering with 3.

Because it's a shit game played by faggots

Goy4 was released recently. I'd wait for more fifteen DLCs before they even think about making a new game.

Eh, just as well, been absorbed by CK2 anyway. What they really need is a new Rome, then a conversion mechanism up the chain.

this. hoi4 is a ridiculuous easy game that I learned in 3 hours. Vic 2 took me 100 hours of play time before I understood what i was doing.

>In this game, "Ashkenazi" is part of the same culture group as "North German" and "South German".

doubt it

as far as i know there are primary, secondary and accepted cultures

depending on your government, policies and ruling party some get some status or none at all

made me lol gj sir

I saw ainsleys huge penis for the first time at a west london health club this week so enjoy some pepper

Majority of jewish world population before ww1 was in Russian empire.
I think they put them ashkenazis ib the same group with germansl because of language.

When I bought VIC 2 in 2015 i had no fucking clue what was going on and I was pissed. Fast forward 2 years, I decided to try it again and I finally got it ans I know whats going on. It's a far superior game to EU4 in every aspect.

Can you remove unwated populations?

Would be cool to have a Free Orange republic to take over africa...

Assimilation.

It is fun in a different way
EU4 is just map painting simulator, while vicky 2 is slower till you get to colonization and great wars

The Nazis were actually Ashkenazi Jews and made up the Holocaust.

What's a holler cost??

Thanks, will have to try it sometime.

So close user.

If you go fascist you get a decision to handle the minorities

>playing vanilla

i wish someone would make a simple modding tool for it. I like fucking around and changing things but it's time consuming going into the text files and changing things and I always tend to miss or break things

Only in the mods

Aren't they more closely related to Kazakhs?

Once you get the hang of it it soon becomes monotone, too easy and at the same time slow-pacing, but until then it's quite a good game. It's an old though and imho would need a little bit of polishing to excell, but I'd be totally hyped for Vicky3. If you can get it on sale or have money lying around, buy it.

No idea, all I know is Britain can get fucked.

see you in three days faggot

The khan of the ashkenazi klan converted his people to Jew, then those nomadic tribes dispersed into Europe.

Ashkenazi literally means "German" in Hebrew ya dumb goys

>Ashkenazi
Ash·ke·naz·i
äSHkəˈnäzē,ˌaSHkəˈnäzē/
noun
noun: Ashkenazi; plural noun: Ashkenazis; plural noun: Ashkenazim
a Jew of central or eastern European descent. More than 80 percent of Jews today are Ashkenazim; they preserve Palestinian rather than Babylonian Jewish traditions, and some still use Yiddish. Compare with Sephardi.
Origin

from modern Hebrew, from Ashkenaz, son of Japheth, one of the sons of Noah (Gen. 10:3).

Modern jews are LARPing germans. They have no real relation to ancient herbews whatsoever.

A 2013 trans-genome study carried out by 30 geneticists, from 13 universities and academies, from 9 countries, assembling the largest data set available to date, for assessment of Ashkenazi Jewish genetic origins found no evidence of Khazar origin among Ashkenazi Jews. "Thus, analysis of Ashkenazi Jews together with a large sample from the region of the Khazar Khaganate corroborates the earlier results that Ashkenazi Jews derive their ancestry primarily from populations of the Middle East and Europe, that they possess considerable shared ancestry with other Jewish populations, and that there is no indication of a significant genetic contribution either from within or from north of the Caucasus region", the authors concluded.

Ashkenazic Jews display the homogeneity of a genetic bottleneck, meaning they descend from a larger population whose numbers were greatly reduced but recovered through a few founding individuals. Although the Jewish people, in general, were present across a wide geographical area as described, genetic research done by Gil Atzmon of the Longevity Genes Project at Albert Einstein College of Medicine suggests "that Ashkenazim branched off from other Jews around the time of the destruction of the First Temple, 2,500 years ago ... flourished during the Roman Empire but then went through a 'severe bottleneck' as they dispersed, reducing a population of several million to just 400 families who left Northern Italy around the year 1000 for Central and eventually Eastern Europe."

Nope.

>Jews killing 6 million Jews so they become untouchable while moving the strings and getting another Jewish state in addition to their already existing one with Holocaust reparations and free submarines
Fucking Jews man.

In Europa Universalis 4, there is a mechanic of culture groups and tolerated cultures.
IE: The Ottoman empire controls the balkans, and though Greek isn't in the Anatolian culture group, it's still a tolerated culture and thus receives the benefits of the Turkish culture groups. So Ashkenazi would be a tolerated culture in Imperial Germany, but not in the same culture group as Germany.
Maybe we'll see that in the new Victoria game(2050)

Get CK2, probably the best Paradox grand strategy they made

it's easy to mod it but then you can find how limited the game is