/cg/ CATHOLIC GENERAL - JERUSALEM EDITION

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY, RANDOM GENERALS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask questions, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing, please ask for it to be included while providing a link. As usual, we will be assisting with answering questions.

Today is the Fourth Sunday of Lent, called Laetare
Here is your daily readings:
usccb.org/bible/readings/032617.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

>Catholic Encyclopaedia
newadvent.org/
>Vatican Documents
vatican.va/archive/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>The Collection of Old Catholic Pastebins
pastebin.com/u/wolfshiem
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Recommended Youtubers
pastebin.com/BW3T7qFS
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYDAp4Kyy9g
newadvent.org/summa/1023.htm
newadvent.org/cathen/12378a.htm
catholicgentleman.net/
onepeterfive.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When can we ditch the (((Vatican))) and declare Poland the capital of Traditional Catholicism?

I don't like the pope, but would be a Catholic otherwise, how do I solve this problem?

There are rumours that the current sitting pope is a jesuit communism. Is this true?

Its coming on Easter. Go to church, get baptised. Ignore the Pope

I don't know, I'm not a Catholic, but I think he isn't taking the church in the right direction. Everything is okay in catholicism under this guy, supposedly, might as well be a methodist.

who the fuck says "what will you take"... retarded cringe tier comic, impale yourself

He's up their in old age, but I suppose an extremist could always take advantage of the fact that he doesn't sit in behind bulletproof glass in his motorcade.

We already have Christ as King and Mary as Queen. What more would we want when we have such honor?
Popes come and go, Church is still. Besides, he is not even that bad. We had it worse. Pic related.
He is not commie. He is jesuit. And probably have some connection to this little SOuth American ideology that I didn't bother to remember.

The pope is a cuck we all know it

>When you thread is so shit you have to shill for it in /sg/ - /sandnigger general/

Daily reminder that The papacy has no basis in scripture and that the p*pe is literally the anti-christ.

Other than that, I have nothing but love for my fellow Christians.

'm an Orthodox Christian, can I accept Catholicism?

I am more Catholic than all my family and friends just because I don't accept the """"pope""" and instead only accept that the Pope Benedict XVI is the real leader of the Church.

Anyone that thinks francis is the Pope is a traitor

/SG/ and /TG/ are only "formal" generals that are now up. Nazi one died when reddit come and Self Improvement one is not here now.
Plus, I said that this thread is for one's interested. If you are not one, and just want to make it shitfest, then you are free to go.

Daily reminder that Islam is the one true faith.

I've heard people say that before.

Is Istanbul Mecca for Christians?

This.
Francis preaches heresy.

Acts 15, Galatians 2, John 21 etc, etc.
And Love you too.
Of course.
He is a Pope. He is a bad pope, true, but he is a pope.
And I am sure that he is given to us to punish us for our lack of involvement in Church life and apathy towards cancer that World have.

Also

>Worshipping a holy Argentinian communist
>BASED
Pick one

Catholicism is bullshit and the papacy has no basis in Scripture. Sola scriptura faggots, I'm basing my faith on the WORD OF GOD, not on the words of your cuck-pope.

Gott mit uns.

Constantinople is the choke point entering Europe.
It's a good place to stop Muslims from entering Europe by land, but the land itself is otherwise worthless.

Born and raised catholic and I see right through the bullshit.
The roman catholic church is an empire whose sole purpose is to brainwash and control u. It twisted the true nature and history of what it means to be human.

U don't need a church to be a good person. If u have consciousness and a soul, maybe we wouldn't have the conflict and utter bullshit we have to deal with today

This guy knows what's up

We need a new Pope

Look lad, and all the folks that are against this commie guy in Rome.
In every village, the priest is the most respected and trusted person if he earns the trust of his people. If you don't go to the cathedral to celebrate with bishops, you have nothing to do with what pope wants you to learn.
He may have chosen the name of a literal hippie who thought flowers are his sisters and moon is his brother, but Catholic church is constructed this way, that his influence ends somewhere between cardinals and bishops.
It's not a matter of faith or respect, there were times with 3 popes and 2 anti-popes at once, just because they well wealthy aristocrats waging wars on one another, but which one was St. Peter? The one who won? Or the one who searched for the faith and "truth"?

Muslims are the lowest caste of Jews...

lolwat.

I think he meant to say of the 12 semetic tribes, arabs are the lowest.

Sons of Ismael. Abraham's favorite son.
>tfw berber
youtube.com/watch?v=LYDAp4Kyy9g

I'm going to the Vatican for holy week. Any cool tourist spots and food places? It's basically an italy trip.

Also best catholic show ever is pic related

So yesterday I was at a peaceful gathering on Indian traditional tribal lands.
The location of the happening is right south of U.S./mex border. Our (my tribe, I am 4/4 tribal member) communities in mexico gathered in unity to support the effort of getting some lands back from the mexican government, as a legal action within the laws of mexico.
We also have a Catholic church we built generations ago about 5 miles south of the border within the Indian community( a scattering of old homestead family ranches, hand-farms and domiciles spread about half mile from each other.)
Our church is San Carmelo( saint Carmen).
Ama

Well you shouldn't become a Catholic because of the pope is holding you back you obviously don't understand the basics of who the pope is or what his influence over any given Catholic is.

You might try reading up on bad popes from the past. I'm not a huge fan of Pope Francis but he isn't even that bad compared to a lot of them.

explain this to me Catholicucks:
newadvent.org/summa/1023.htm (Aquinas on predestination)

>God loves all men and all creatures, inasmuch as He wishes them all some good; but He does not wish every good to them all. So far, therefore, as He does not wish this particular good--namely, eternal life--He is said to hate or reprobated them.
i.e. God does not wish eternal life for everyone.
>Thus, it is impossible that the whole of the effect of predestination in general should have any cause as coming from us.
i.e. election to salvation is unconditional
>Therefore we must say that to God the number of the predestined is certain, not only formally, but also materially.
i.e. only some get saved

so basically the only way to be saved is to win the lottery of God, how is this any different from Calvinism? Please bear in mind that Calvin thought that damnation was our fault, too (since it's the default state).

newadvent.org/cathen/12378a.htm
Read this first.

I vote for European Empire.

Now if we only had competent leaders.

>christian crusaders are the reason constantinople fell

great defense of europe you got there

Constantinople, Constantinople that killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent to thee, how often would I have gathered thy children as the bird doth her brood under her wings, and thou wouldest not?
Behold your house shall be left to you desolate. And I say to you, that you shall not see me till the time come, when you shall say: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

>"Crusade"
>Excommunicated by Pope after they sacked Catholic city of Zara way before Constantinople

yeah well done muslims btfo

It's just explaining the thing I said in my last sentence.

If this is not the correct Catholic position, please correct (explicitly):
1) All people are by default damned due to original sin and our personal mortal sins.
2) God has chosen some people, regardless of their merit, to be saved. This is called predestination.
3) The rest, whom God did not choose, are called the reprobate. They cannot be saved and will die in their sins.

What Catholic sites do you guys read?
I read the catholic gentleman and one peter five.

catholicgentleman.net/
onepeterfive.com/

I'm Lutheran. Can I join in, or is this just for fish eaters?

>Enrico Dandolo
>"the earlier episodes seem to have created in Enrico Dandolo a deep and abiding hatred for the Byzantines"
>blind and 85 y old
>personally leads the troops
>destroys the Roman empire out of spite
great man

Read this this morning and wut'd.
>So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

I would mourn for Byzantines more IF
>they did not killed, expelled for sell to Turks every Catholic that lived in Constantinople way before Fourth "Crusade"
>The most Holy Monastery of Greek Orthodoxy did not ask for personal protection of Muslim Sultan before Constantinople even fell
>Thier Patriarch did not destoryed union of Florence, sucesdully starting Seventh Schism and did not sucked Turkish cock
They were first to cry: Turban is better than Mitre! So they have Turban.
Good thing is that thier clergy nowday is not THAT retarded. They still are, but ecumenical dialog is still here.
Read link that I gave you. My answer would be just coping it there.

So, was it's proper name Calvary or Golgotha?

I like Catholic Answers
Sure why not. Have some question regarding faith?

>Calvary or Golgotha?
What is proper name, Iesous or Jesus?

Really good show.

Most people do not and will not, essentially ever (no matter what is presented to them) accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, they hate God and His laws, so God abominates them as they are.

>John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

>Matthew 12:30 - He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

>John 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Yes, predestination, the elect is a fact of scripture and a Catholic (real Catholic, not the Vatican 2 sect). It is a mystery of faith and HOW it works is a mystery, but our place is to believe in the truths of God, not to understand God's plan.

>John 6:44 - No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him.

>Acts 13:48 - And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and AS MANY AS HAD BEEN APPOINTED to eternal life believed.

>2 Thessalonians 2:13 - God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation.

>Romans 8:29-30 - For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren; and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Here is St. Augustine:
>St. Augustine formulated this classical definition: "Predestination is the foreknowledge and preparedness on God's part to bestow the favors by which all those are saved who are to be saved."(25) St. Augustine is still more explicit on this point when he writes: "God already knew, when He predestined, what He must do to bring His elect infallibly to eternal life."

>Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Yeah go too the The duermo if you can but if you are staying at Rome go to the cathedrals but definitely go to the catacombs of Rome

Context is key.
>David and co. are chill towards household of Nabal
>Nabal is, nomen omen, fucking idiot and REEE'ed at them
>David, whom life really fucked in few past years, is on edge of little mental breakdown
>He shitpost about Nabal to God
Middle East 1000 BC have diffrent culture of dealing with shit.

>t.kike pleb

Sermon today was about "the Good Samaritan" and the pastor replaced the Samaritan with a Muslim Terrorist. I don't see the two as comparable. I feel like we need a way as Christians to be compassionate to our fellow men, but at the same time vigilant against sects of Islam which I feel are against western values.

How do Christians be compassionate, but at the same time, not stupid? (I haven't discussed this with my pastor. I think he's naive on the issue.)

"It's the opium of the masses " if you're going to say that phrase please get it right

That's the guy who exhumed his predecessor's corpse and put it on trial right?

The whole of Islam is a diabolical sect and all muhamadeans are going to hell. The only charitable thing to do with Islam is to eradicate it.

Coming from the Christian, a literal kike pleb. Pot meet kettle.

Only when it's translated directly but if you do the grammar becomes incorrect.

Judge Islam not certain individuals.
Muslim are, as far as we speak about collective, are in fact deluded in their cult and many, many of indviduals are evil. And we are in fact in war with them. As a whole they are not only our enemies, they are enemies of God.
But, we belive in the word of Bible and Tradition, that we are to wage war in the just way. Extermination of all, without giving them a chance of repentance is anti-christian.
Also, nations have right to keep out anyone (exept God) they like.

Mudslime here. I'm right now in the process to convert to your religion.

I don't think that was him. He was one that made Papal palace a lolibrothel

How do i know if I'm catholic?
You know aside from not being baptized and all but that's just nitpicking

Good for you. When you end, you should go to some Islamic country as a missionary.

Samaritans were not their "fellow men".

Won't Allah smite you, though?

I would but I'd get killed in my country
>sharia law

>implying the freemasons haven't invaded the vatican

I don't believe in this false arabic desert god, so no.

>I don't believe in this false arabic desert god, so no.
Then how the fuck were you a Muslim?

There are six main truths of faith that every Christian must believe to call himself Christian. They go like that:
There is One God
God is a just judge, who punish for evil and reward for good
There are Three persons of Godhead: God-Father, Son of God, Holy Spirit
Son of God became man and died on cross for our salvation
Human Soul is immortal
Grace of God is neccerity for salvation

Then there are dogmas and doctrines that you must belive to call yourself Catholic (Here is a nice list holyjoe.org/dogmas.doc )
And then there are more, but they are specifics that you don't have to worry about that much (but if you doubt if your views are orthodox, look up in CCC or ask priest).
If you know Arabic, then go to Syria, help them rebuild stuff and evangelize them like great missionaries before you.

By having a muslim father

>Christian
>kike
Actually the kikes get their name from how much they hate Jesus. Kikel means circle in Yiddish, which is how illiterate kikes signed their name instead of an X at Ellis Island because the X is too close to the cross.

Jesus is the first man to call out the kikes for what they are.
Hitler was a founding fathers of Israel, and a kike lapdog with only one testicle.

Follow your leader and take a 9mm aspirin, reprobate stormfag.

Doesn't that just make you Arabic?

>But, we belive in the word of Bible and Tradition, that we are to wage war in the just way. Extermination of all, without giving them a chance of repentance is anti-christian.

This makes sense. Thank you.

I'm not arab at all. My people actually hate arabs more than anyone else, we are sadly just stuck with their filthy vile religion.
I don't speak arabic though.

Why the obsession with Jerusalem?

John 4

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

>in scripture

Which one? The western Bible? Or perhaps the eastern one?

Show name?

>Yes, predestination, the elect is a fact of scripture and a Catholic (real Catholic, not the Vatican 2 sect). It is a mystery of faith and HOW it works is a mystery, but our place is to believe in the truths of God, not to understand God's plan.

Are you a Catholic yourself? Because I keep telling this to Catholics and they go naah, dude, that's Calvinists. You may be the first Catholic I encounter who knows this little tidbit.

Trivia: the Sunni doctrine is exactly the same. During the religious wars Calvinists were accused by Catholics of having lifted the doctrine of predestination from the Muslims, but in fact the Muslim sect believing the same thing as Calvinists was eradicated centuries before by the mainstream. It's just that Catholics emphasize the role of free will and Muslims emphasize the role of Allah preordaining things.

the young pope, probably.

>There are six main truths of faith that every Christian must believe to call himself Christian. They go like that:
>There are Three persons of Godhead: God-Father, Son of God, Holy Spirit

yeah, there go all Unitarians.

[vibrating]

Il giovane papa

Thx anons

Former Protestant here. Can anyone tell me which one of you guys follow the fathers the closest?

>which one of you guys

By that you mean?

Which Christian sect today is closest to the church fathers

Catholic Church.

The best way to show this is by considering the role of the pope in times when they lived, which can be done by looking for documents where the bishop of Rome decides about things outside his patriarchate or when such churches write to him to resolve some discussion, or when he proclaims something and the church agrees on the basis of his authority.

There's so much. In and around the Vatican, there's St. Peter's, Vatican museums, check out random churches and piazze. I would say visit the Vatican Scavi and go to the top of St. Peter's if you can.

In the whole of Rome there's so much I can't even make a list. Forum, Colosseum, Pantheon, museums, random pizza stands, Piazza Navona, Trastevere. How long are you there?

Also, be prepared for the Holy Week events to be kind of a clusterfuck. My wife and I did our honeymoon in Rome for Holy Week, it was amazing but there was also a lot of standing around in crowds.

Irenaeus disagrees with the pope over the different date of celebrating Easter in Asia Minor tho

Not to mention modern catholicism being completely sold out to nuage faggotry

youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34

Why is the pope such a fucking heretic?

Provide source, with context.

You don't have to like the pope. If Catholicism was contingent on everybody liking one guy it would have fallen apart in no time. Pray that he pulls his head out of his ass and go about your life. From a practical standpoint he has zero effect on our lives.

Catholicism is a kike scam to pervert the immutable words of Christ, that's why.

>Unitarians
>Christian
I Shiggy diggy
Then from what country your father was? Indonesia?