WWI

Can anybody here red pill me about world war 1? History books try to make Germany look like the aggressor by aiding Austria and telling the Russians to fuck off when they started mobilizing.

When stating that if prince fuckass wasn't killed, the whole thing would have been delayed or avoided entirely, I am met with that Austria was looking for a reason to start a war anyway. I was thinking, if it wasn't for the Treatise of Versailles restrictions on Germany, World War 2 most certainly wouldn't have happened (at least from my own understanding.)

Who was the real asshole of WWI? Was anybody fighting on the correct side?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8OmxI2AYV8
archive.org/details/originsofworldwa01sidn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War
youtu.be/YFMT_BVBBsA
youtube.com/watch?v=M-wx-vVGQo4
youtube.com/watch?v=uWDJfraJWf0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_Days_(TV_series)
wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/The_Austro-Hungarian_Ultimatum_to_Serbia_(English_translation)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think Germany gets blamed because they invaded neutral Belgium.

France and Russia wanted this war SO bad.
>Austria looking for reason to start a war
Yeah, with Serbia after they SHOT OUR HEIR. Not with the Entente.

ww1 was the first time the kikes tried the "gassing" lies. (700.000 Hungarian jews)
No one believed them that time, they succeeded with the lies in ww2.

Trying to blame any one country for the war, or even trying to blame one of the two alliances is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do. And no, there were no correct sides. Britain and France were tripping all over themselves to gobble up as much as they possibly could while making sure their "allies" got as little as they possibly could.

France was pissed because they lost the Franco Prussian war. They then made alliances with other nations, promising to help each other against the Germans. The Germans then made alliances with nations pledging to support each other in case of war against the French coalition. Once the archduke got killed, and Austro Hungarian empire moved to crush the Slavic rebels, and the Russians came to their aid, the whole line of dominoes fell.

>Who was the real asshole of WWI?
No one
> Was anybody fighting on the correct side?
Not really, both sides were essentially fighting due to political allegiance. The only reason that Germany got blamed was because they lost the war
> Austria was looking for a reason to start a war anyway
Absolutely false, the Austro-Hungarian empire was a floppy house of cards, made up by several different ethnic groups that hated each other. The only reason that Austria wanted war was because Serbian terrorists killed an heir

>History books try to make Germany look like the aggressor
Hahaha, no.

Tensions between Yuropeen countries were already high.

IMO, the whole thing was a monarchic family spat just like all the wars since the beginning of middle ages but on steroids since industrialization.

>no world leaders can into 4d chess like Bismarck
>Germany believes that there will be a fuck huge war soon
>in the even of a war, Germany would be surrounded on 3 sides
>they come up with the schlieffen plan, a plan to be able to Zerg rush France and take it withen a week or less so they would be prepared incase of a fuck huge war
>what is a self fulfilling prophecy?
>Germany enacts the schlieffen plan
>they get to France but the French hold the line and Germans run out of time
>Germany is thusly surrounded on 3 sides and get shreked
>Britain joins
>us joins the winning side at the last second

My granpappy fought in WW1 for Germany

He killed Russians

So proud of him

youtube.com/watch?v=x8OmxI2AYV8

Basically Austria-Hungary started the war by demanding Serbia give up her poltical sovereignty.

Of course, AH would have never been so bold if Kaiser Willhelm had not promised full German military backing.

It's also worth noting that Princip was trained and funded by the Russians so those hands aren't so clean either.

Literally every major world power (excepting perhaps Japan and the US) contributed to create the climate that caused WWI to break out. That said, Austria Hungary demanding Serbia concede to their rule was the true first act of war.

Daily reminder that the war was triggered by a virgin beta subhuman. Thank you, Serbia.

Dan Carlins Hardcore History - Blueprint for Armageddon 1-6 free on iTunes podcasts YW

in war, all parties are wrong

>That said, Austria Hungary demanding Serbia concede to their rule was the true first act of war.

So the terrorists which were funded and aided by serbia, which shot the austrian crown-prince, were not comitting an act of war?

>>us joins the winning side at the last second
That was a great strategy.
>Fund both sides to keep the war going.
>Wait till the final battle is ready.
>Side with the winner, and take a big chunk of the spoils.
>use Hollywood to push that it was mostly us that won the war.
>make both sides pay what we lend them.

Germany had to join Austria's side as they had a Offensive Pact with them before Austria's conflict with Serbia. Germany "accepted fault" as part of the Versailles treaty that lead to the rise of nationalism sentiment and the creation of The Third Reich (Nazi Germany) and Mussolini's Italy.

>a terrorist organization represents the state

That logic is going to bite you hard in the future, Fritz.

This is what the average American looks like.

Take the time and read the origins of WW1 by Fay as a start.

Here you have volume 1: archive.org/details/originsofworldwa01sidn

And you will find volume 2 also for free online. You will see that basically all parties had a hand in it with Germany and France probably getting the least blame I'd say. Germany wanted to help/keep alive it's only ally Austria-Hungary, France was eager to get back clay lost in the Franco-Prussian war, Russia had imperialist desires (more clay, pan-slav empire and the straits/constantinople), Britain did there usual balance of power policy and had the power to stop the war by uttering a few words...

France could make Russia back off by saying "no we won't support you", Britain could make Russia and France back off by saying "no we won't give military support to you", Germany could make A-H back off by saying "no we won't give military support to you" where A-H and Russia basically went full retard with the blame put on Russia in my opinion. They told Serbia to stand strong against A-H while A-H was literally threatened to exist due to it being a multi ethnic state on it's death bed. A-H tried to "unify" itself/stay alive by ending the Serbian threat and have a big war, Russia wanted the goals mentioned and the Tsar hoped to get nationalism going to shut up the fucking marxists/workers in the country (The tsar fucked up big time), France was happy to have 3 allies to get their old clay back and destroy their economic rival Germany, Britain was happy to destroy their economic rival Germany, Germany was in the center thinking "this is why we can't have nice things" and started mobilization and took the first strike after Russia started to secretly mobilize on their border (mobilization meant war at that time). Italy was the usualy "ital ital" who wanted more clay and allied with "the highest bidder" and the US laughed their ass off, seeing they become rich by support France and Britain who were bankrupt after 1 year of war.

>France was pissed over Alsace Lorraine. They spent 43 years indoctrinating their children that it was their clay.
>Russia joined an alliance with France because they feared political isolation after losing the Russo-Japanese War.
>Britain joined their alliance, establishing the Triple Entente in 1907, because it feared Germany's growing navy under Tirpitz, despite the Royal Navy still being twice as large.

>Germany and Austria-Hungary entered an alliance with eachother in 1879 as part of Bismarck's plan to 'prevent war'.
>Italy entered this alliance in 1881 due to competition with France for Tunisia, which it greatly desired. Thus, the Triple Alliance was more than two decades older than the Triple Entente.

The war began thanks to Serbian nationalists assassinating the heir to the Austrian throne, and his wife. Serbia called to its slavic brother, Russia in aid. Germany threatened Russia that if they got involved Germany would too. Russia began mobilising.

Germany mobilised in response, and thanks to a better equipped and trained military, and more industrialised train network, they were ready for war much quicker. Germany knew this, and prepared to invade France first, hoping to capture Paris before the French could hold out along their fortifications on the border, and before the Russians crossed into partitioned Poland.

Germany's invasion plan was written by a man called von Schlieffen, who called for invading through Belgium as it bypassed French forts. Britain had a treaty with Belgium, that they would come to their aid in case of war. Germany invaded anyway, and it brought Britain and her empire into the war between cousins.

From what I understand they just moved their troops through neutral Belgium to preemptively attack France which was itching for war with Germany. That's when the UK got involved.

If the whole Belgium thing never happened, it would have been very hard to make Germany look like the bad guys. I still think they were in the right though.

Russia had an ego crisis after a humiliating defeat by Japan. They wanted to prove they still had balls by backing Serbian nationalism. Austria and Germany rightfully tell Serbia to go fuck itself, but because Russia wants to show off, the world is plunged into a pointless war. And Russia couldn't even finish they war they started without falling to communism. Fuck Russia.

What is this Russia/Japan war
Never taught it in burger school,never even heard of it

Maybe one should also add that Princip, the assassin of the Arch Duke, met with Trotsky in Lausanne/Switzerland. Who knows what they discussed. But with Trotsky in the picture it also creates a link to his money giver at Wall Street, Jacob Schiff. This means that the (((banks))) possibly had a hand in starting the war to destroy the monarchies and get their FED style central banking system going, something Britain had since 1694, France since shortly after the French Revolution but Germany and Russia was still mostly free of that (especially Russia).

it was a big deal because it was the first time an Asian power defeated a European power. Russia was mocked for this.

TL;DR - Russia got destroyed.

At some point Japan thought "we can into empire too", loaned lots of money, bought industrialization from the West, military training from Prussia so that they were a big shot in the east around 1900. I don't know the details but lets just say the west was on Japan's side to weaken the Russian military. Especially Britain was happy that the Russian fleet was defeated. The war was in 1904 or 1905 I believe.

Russia got btfo by japanese in a naval war

>rape and plunder of Belgium after armed resistance after the rape and plunder already

Worth pointing out the only reason Japan won is because Britain cucked Russia by not letting them go through the Suez Canal, so Russians had to sail all the way around Africa and reinforcements took forever.

It was all about young German country search for place under the Sun in a world that was already divided.

It was a little of everyone's fault. I'd say Britain are mostly shitbags for dragging everyone else into it. People had a different mindset back then, sort of a Realpolitik. War was a gentleman's game where generals moved there armies around Europe like a game of chess. No one was prepared for this new warfare and it changed everyone view of war forever.
If you want a very long podcast of WW1, Google Dan Carlin blueprint to Armageddon. It's very good, he doesn't blame Germany, he actually is pretty unbiased or maybe a little favors the Germans.
Don't expect any of his other podcasts to be very good, and do not expect him to favor Hitler or the Nazis, actually I'm convinced this guy is paid by Israelis or something because of some of the comments he's made (he references Hitler often but not so much in this ww1 podcast)
It's a 6 part series of like 4 hour episodes so if you can listen to it at work that's perfect

youtu.be/YFMT_BVBBsA

Basically the German empire was the greatest empire the world had ever seen and it took the entire world to defeat her and France was salty because all the fighting happened in France and it destroyed so much land, they never fought on German soil even when they started losing.

I love my country sometimes

>>us joins the winning side at the last second
Kek
Literally same shit they did in WW2, except is wasn't the last second it was as soon it became clear who is going to win I.e battle of Stalingrad and the offensive of Soviet forces

Germany invading France through neutral Belgium (fucking it up along the way) as a preemptive measure to avoid possibly losing an advantage if they didn't mobilize fast enough in the case of the French happening to attack first was, all things considered, a dick move. However I think Serbia was the real asshole of WW1. Those fucktards murdered a Slav-loving Austrian emperor because "muh nationalism".

The other shitty thing the Germans did though was release Lenin into Russia like a fucking bio attack. We all know how that turned out.

We should give more credit to WW1 Germany though for being the greatest military force in history up to that point. They didn't just blitzkrieg like the Nazis. They turned a line in Europe from the English Channel to the Mediterranean into a house-of-horrors style murder machine that was supplied like a fine tuned machine. And they beat the Russians.

>Can anybody here red pill me about world war 1? History books try to make Germany look like the aggressor by aiding Austria and telling the Russians to fuck off when they started mobilizing.

Germany was teh aggressor because they attacked Russia and France. Russian mobilized after Austria-Hungary did.

>Who was the real asshole of WWI?
pic related

>La Tache noire - one of Bettannier's most famous paintings. It depicts a child being taught about the "lost" province of Alsace-Lorraine in the aftermath of the Franco-Prussian War. This loss is a frequently recurring theme in his work

well well well

>they just moved their troops through neutral Belgium

I was about to say you're just stealing Dan Carlin's words and then you actually referenced Dan Carlin so we're cool now.

>So the terrorists which were funded and aided by serbia
>Funded and aided
No. This is so ply not true.

The black hand incident was clearly a pretense.
Also it seem like everyone is a bluepilled faggot and still argues within the frame of school textbook exposition of this war.
Reminder:, This war was intentially directed by a certain kind of "chosen" people.

Yes this, also remember the Germans were wise to their situation. They have a tactical disadvantage of being surrounded by enemies, and what's worse they are allied. Their Schlieffen plan was to attack france and do it first, knock them out before Russia could mobilize. But Russia was a week early to the start of Germany's plan.

>Summarizing the school textbook chapter
Oh goy

But honestly fuck that guy.

All off the top of my head, Fritz. Still, at least we didn't lose.

Yeah France loves pretending everyone in Alsace is French. It is becoming more Frenchified these days though. The younger generation doesn't really learn the local dialect.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-wx-vVGQo4

Why do you dislike him?

youtube.com/watch?v=uWDJfraJWf0
Sit your dumbass down right there beside me and watch this for 1 and a half hour
Starts at 1:45
Its in english so stfu and learn

basic bitch comment.

They wanted to move peacefully through.

Belgium was not interested in having the Germans march an army through their land (and possibly end up with the allies setting up a front in there somewhere) so told them to fuck off, and was subsequently invaded.

He m made a comment about nazi propaganda that was not true, but was true for the Allies propaganda

>last second

maybe for US troops but USA sent HUGE amounts of military aid to Russia before that;

Germany's entire plan involved using Belgium to blitzkreig France (blitzkreig was military doctrine way before hitler)

Belgian fucks attacked the Germans instead of letting them through, thus starting ww1.

Alsace has never been French. Always been Holy Roman Empire territory.

until it was conquered by France.

The assholes were the brits, and the good guys the germans. Are you new here?

I've listened to his other podcast a few times
He's basically abit of a libtard
Regarding immigration and refugees he stated: "well, historically people have always moved, folks!"
Yeah, historically people did move around, but usually at a great cost...
Anyway, the history podcast is still great overall I'd say.

If you want to see how it went diplomacy wise
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_Days_(TV_series)

It was a blast.

you should read a real book about WW1, almost everything Carlin claims is not true.

Even if the prince of Austria was killed the war was going to happen anyways. France hated Germany, and Germany hated France.

Britain didn't really want the war but had to help out France and thought Germany is bad.

Austria had a lot of ethnical problems, the Serbs being the worse of them all. The Serbs were getting louder and more violent. They can do this because Russia is sending what little aid that they can give.

Russia has this aid thanks to France giving Russia loans.

Germany has been militarizing which got a lot of countries becoming paranoid. Germany is doing this because they are afraid that France and Russia will fuck them up. Everyone is afraid of Germany since they are growing military wise for (what they saw as) no reason other than taking something out.

At the end of the day, everyone is at fault and they are all assholes.

Pearl Harbor though Hans

I know the one you're talking about I couldn't listen to it anymore. Flawed logic.

The real question should be, why these wars are still brought up again and again.

Because they solved nothing, only made things worse.

What has WW1 brought the west?

Aboloshing of monarchies, "democracy", "women vote", degeneracy, general decline.

What has WW2 brought us?

Was even communism defeated? No.

Communism won, it was basically for nothing.

People don't know what these wars were good for, because the outcome was basically good for nothing, or made it worse.

i merely noticed in history books how much of a cunt France was after the war and pretty much helped created ww2 like they did for the americans in vietnam

Germany was right about Russians+French fucking them up. Bismarck wasnt around to isolate revanchist French anymore and Ruskies were slowly modernizing.
All it would take was a younger Army Chief do modernize the army and they would be steamrolled. So while Wilhelm was warmongering in Balkans for an Austrian punitive war his generals were preparing for preemptive dismantlement of Russians and humiliation of French.

Also it was expected to knock out French fast and then grind Russians down and opposite happened.

it is always important to understand history.

you are not alone brother

>never taught it in school
Bullshit. Teddy Roosevelt won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating the ceasefire. The only reason I know that is because I was taught it in junior high.

I don't know what kind of nigger school you went to.

>ethnical

>
>
>

Huh. Thought this thread 404d

Bump. I know very little about WWI

Brilliant strategy 2bh

Although you're wrong about WW2. We were in North Africa and shit long before D-Day.

It was pretty fun i had a good time

Underrated

It was Serbia dikcing around. Prinzip the killguy had close ties to the Serbian government; hell, they even knew about the plot. The muder "investigation" was going nowhere. Not surprising, when Serbian government officials have blood on their hands. So Austria sent an ulitmatum asking for delegates from AH to be part of that phony investigation. They were refused, even though Russia and France told Serbs to just fucking accept it. AH had enough of Serbs endless subversion and was tired of being played around and declared war.
Lies. AH's demands were reasonable considering the circumstances; I think they were mild actually.
wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/The_Austro-Hungarian_Ultimatum_to_Serbia_(English_translation)

> absolutely false

No the fuck it isn't. A lot of people at the top of the military thought that a war was just what the empire needed to get back on its feet. They also had plans to expand into the balkans, with the dream goal being to capture the port of Thessalonika.

Each country had its official reasons, but the fact is that they all went to war with huge public support.

They all thought they had the edge over their enemies and that the war would be over in a few months. Basically they'd convinced themselves that each of them had the best troops and technology. Of course what they had instead was a huge bloodbath because they were using 19th century tactics vs 20th century technology. The ruling classes blamed the soldiers for cowardice and refused to adapt, doubled down, and it went on and on.

It's interesting to read about this period, the thinking in the officer class was just class and national prejudice. Obviously the Germans are inferior because they are too Jewish but our pleb soldiers are cowards because they complain when they get shot instead of dying quietly.

All sides had their finger on the trigger.

They all wanted something from the war, and US only Intervened because the allies were getting BTFO

This is a good summary

In a nutshell mate, due to the building of militaries(ie advanced technologies), rising nationalism, and alliances, when the Prince of Austria got no-scooped, all the nations of Europe were ready to go to war. They wanted to not only gain land (like the Japs), but test their weapons