Astronomers launch public search of the southern skies for elusive 'Planet Nine'

>Australian scientists searching the southern skies for a large planet, predicted to be hiding on the edge of our solar system, have released thousands of images for the public to trawl through to pinpoint its location.
Calculations suggest there may be an elusive "Planet Nine" orbiting the Sun far beyond Neptune and Pluto, though it has never been eyeballed by astronomers.

msn.com/en-nz/news/world/astronomers-launch-public-search-of-the-southern-skies-for-elusive-planet-nine/ar-BByPPt2?li=AAaUOAg&ocid=spartandhp

If Sup Forums autists can find a flag in the middle of no where and Jihadi bases in Syria then whats to stop us finding Planet X?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/btn/story/s4625139.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=j-rxe9Ayb8c
zooniverse.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Australian intellectuals

Not giving a fuck.

>Australian intellectuals

You cheeky cunt I'll have you know I can throw a boomerang to the local pub, have it grab my beer and return, all while I sit in the outhouse reading the local rag.

Our solar system is probably littered with dwarf planets yet to be discovered. Not shocking at all.

At least we could see the flag. This is like trying find so naked nigger in the middle of a moonless night.

I hereby name the planet Coonworld because it's black

If it doesn't piss off liberals or kill muslims then who fucking cares?
Finding Planet X is not politics.

CONFIRMED

> don't listen to dumb sheep fuckers
> sage all NZ threads
> GTFO you are NOT australian
> FO we is FULL

> pic unrelated
SAGED
> sage all NZ threads
> GTF back to / cooking

abc.net.au/btn/story/s4625139.htm

Actually it's got everything to do with politics. We need to find and track these distant orbiters that affect the kuiper belt and oort cloud before they disturb the rocks there sending hordes in towards the inner solar system and fucking over the Earth. You can say goodbye to your politics then.

we're not astronomers

Not our focus.
Not politics.
More along the lines of science until we have nukes for space nukin.

Oh sure break that rock into pieces for maximum damage

Nothing to see here earthlings stop exploring space.

Why would stralians of all nations need that planet?

I found it!

I shall name it... Pluto.

Just tell Sup Forums that shia's flag is located somewhere on that planet and thus it's found within 3 days

Last thread I was in regarding this contentious issue was some autist who claimed 3 different things were "Nibiru"
It doesn't exist, the "orbits" described are too large to be feasible

>___is not politics

I wish you guys would shut the fuck up with this "it's not politics" bullshit. Here's what it says in the sticky (and note that politics is not the ONLY subject for this board - thought I better point that out since some of you morons are pretty fucking dense):

>This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

Do we get to name it?

this.

>Australian scientists

Lol, Planet nine :D. Begins the same as in fairy tale. They never made second trip to the moon since 60's and you think they are going to research planet nine ? Give me a break man. Have you ever seen a moon on the sunny day ? Or you never look at the sky at all?

1/5

Doesn't fit under any of those descriptions.

FUCKING MANLET PLANETS CLOGGING U MY SOLAR SYSTEM

wheres the 2/5 and the rest ecuador

Here:

Over 100 planets in our solar system

>If Sup Forums autists can find a flag in the middle of no where and Jihadi bases in Syria then whats to stop us finding Planet X?
>Planet X

They don't have a picture or video of it to triangulate its location via the power of autism.

this isn't a dwarf planet tho dumbass

>Doesn't fit under any of those descriptions.
>World Events

Oh ok.

Not really that interesting. Now, if the person who found it would name it that would be another matter entirely.
>planet named Kek or Pol, et cetera

> pic unrelated
> SAGE all american threads
> GTFO
> does not concern ((you))
[saged]
> university of sydney

This one is interesting because it's not a dwarf planet. It's apparently big enough to have warped both the outer gas giants orbits.
Interesting stuff.

>Swedish Inmigrants

>Our solar system is probably littered with dwarf planets yet to be discovered. Not shocking at all.

Its not a dwarf planet though.

Its a gas giant as large as Neptune or Uranus and it has had a lot of influence over the way our solar system has developed.

Fag.

WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL AND ANDROMEDA WILL PAY FOR IT.

Faggmods will delete threads for doxxing this ham planet anyway.

Planets are Fallen Angels

>Faggmods will delete threads for doxxing this ham planet anyway.

We must find it.

We are in the middle of a propaganda war and if the right finds the planet it will further our course.

Come on Sup Forums ! So keen to hunt down a fucking flag but not a damn planet for civilization?

>proposing a raid thread against innocent planet
Planet Lives Matter!

Who said this planet was a Dwarf? The effect is has on other planets orbits means it's way, way more massive than a Dwarf

A large (up to 10x the size of earth) is predicted to exist by many models of our outer solar system.

Once they find such a dark object, China will declare it their property.

Who cares?
It's a dead planet anyway.
And you won't be able to give it a name even if you find it.

>Who cares?It's a dead planet anyway.And you won't be able to give it a name even if you find it.

Who ever finds it gets to name it retard.

I'm guessing annoying libtarded celebs is about as far as Sup Forums will go though. Sad!

No you stupid fuck.
You will be able to give it a name, but it will have to pass between several international commissions and shit to be accepted.
We're not in armaggeddon.

>Who ever finds it gets to name it retard.
Not really. As said, anything you will suggest after finding it will be rejected unless it's fits their sense in naming. Hell, you can't even name asteroid or dwarf planet without all the fuckerry.
>"If you find an asteroid or dwarf planet, you can't actually name it after yourself," Dr Tucker said.
>"But you could name it after your wife, brother or sister. We need to follow all of the rules set by the International Astronomical Union."
It sounds interesting and I might give it a try later this week, but there's no any merit in this. Even if Sup Forums or some Sup Forumsakc will manage to find it, you can be sure as hell it will be downplayed and most likely won't be even mentioned beyond "Australian scientists then used crowdsource method to find it". We've got more credit and some lines in history book for finding stupid flag.

> saged
> pic not related

NibirWHO?

youtube.com/watch?v=j-rxe9Ayb8c

We shitposted an entire planet. What have you done lately cunt?

I tried it now anyway.
zooniverse.org

This shit would be much easier if you could just filer noise.

>flat earth
amazing