Is US military service worth it?

Is it worth it?
I'm seriously thinking about it, I already got a 92% on asvab, and was scheduled a MEPS in November that has been delayed for the fifth time now because fuck you that's why.

I mean it definitely grows you as a human being; you'd get a lot of experience in the field you chose (Army mechanic for me), discipline, healthier lifestyle, etc.
Then there are the financial benefits and career options.

Downsides are you might get dieded, fuck up badly and end up dishonourably discharged, get PTSD or mental scarring, lose limbs, get bullied/raped/terrorized by drunk chads supposed to be on your side during service.
Also,
>Inb4 muh tob shebbe goyim harog
>Inb4 go die for israel goy

Subtle.

If you're in your early 20's do it. It will cancel out Affirmative Action when you go to apply for jobs later if you're white.

Wish I did it earlier. Go four years active and then go guard or reserves after that as long as you can take it.

this.

Im enlisting as well. Got any tips for getting your mile time down?

Go 18x

All else fails we can at least be African mercenaries because airborne training.

t. Guy who's going to basic in Benning in two weeks.

Navy here, stay out.

With that asvab, go air Force and signals intelligence analyst. You will not ever see combat and your life will be much better. Your top secret/SCI clearance will set you up for 6 figure job when your out. Easily.

>Benning

See u there fuck boy

Best I can tell you is to just get out there and run, and do 30 60s, walk 60 seconds, sprint 30.

What I do is never run on treadmills, it just feels unnatural, coz no air friction. Instead, I run around the local park for 40 mins every day. It's not a onepunchman amount, but hey if you stick to the time, you are gonna feel you improved the distance. I guess it's more about endurance than speed coz if you only have to do it for 15mins you will do it much more easily after all of those long runs.

Do HIIT workouts, in addition to just running a lot. Worked for me senpai

Roger that.

Greencard permanent residents Cannot get security clearance so I'm stuck with the kind of low tier jobs.

Go Air Force, but YES it's worth it. Save 90% of your money, get a degree on tuition assistance, get another degree and a living allowance on GI bill. Or stay for 20 years and retire young as fuck.

Yes goyim, ZOG is good, die for Israel.

Don't go mech. Go medic. It's more helpful when you get out

No one I know that has served in the Military has regretted it, many people I know regret having not served.

Hard to say OP. I personally dont believe the country is worth fighting for anymore if we keep going down the path of Sweden.

T. Veteran

Shiieeet man, good luck to you.

Special forces is not something I can imagine myself doing. Feels like having to put up with too much of the unnecessary bull. Same feeling about the marine corps.

Oh Fug DDD:

(anything is an improvement over teaching grad school in linguistics)

I'm so ready to get my ass kicked by you guys. I really am.

more like be bored and irritated for 8 years for israel, but rack up those sheckles and have a full tummy until you get out and can't find a job.

>Is it worth it?
Most likely. At least I enjoyed my service over here.

I was really torn between the two, thanks man. Id be happy being airborne too if it turns out I'm too huge of a fuccboi.

>benning
enjoy the penis party fampai

Well both can be utilized quite well in regular life after retiring. It's more like someone prefers being drenched in gasoline, some prefers being drenched in guts.

Yeah, when it comes down to this, I don't think any Western soldier serves their own country anymore. They have to serve their politicians, who have to serve someone else.
But if the soldiers manage to make a living out of it, then why the hell not. Being a wageslave in a factory is essentially the same, without the uniform. That's what I believe at least.

Pro tip: Push yourself as far as you can. You'll feel great afterwards.

>I don't think any Western soldier serves their own country anymore
We do.

Whats your PT stats?

this post a proud sponsor of TIN FOIL

262 as of last month. I have to take it again this week.

If you do decide to join do not listen to the debby downers, "i can't wait to leave the ARMY brother. I could be fucking blonde girls, getting drunk, and smoking weed." 9/10 people that get out regret it. As a mechanic you most likely will not see combat, but that is realitive to yout actually MOS. Now if you become a grunt and decide to go infantry then put your head inbetween your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. I have a buddy who did construction in Afganistan. He switched his MOS after he đid a tour in Iraq. When he came back from Iraq he was a mean motherfucker. After the MOS switch and returning from Afganistan he was normal again.

Last advice I can give you. If you have bloodlust learn to control that shit because you won't be able to get away with that shit back here in the states, assuming you sign for a combat position.

Depends on what you want to do.

With that asvab score, you can do just about anything.

You could cheese the fucking system and get your MD, paid for by the governent. Biochemical engineer, which has a crazy long AIT. Or infantry if you really want to, I guess.

Same. I wish I went in right after high school. Fell for the college meme, got a worthless degree and now I'm back in school for my BSRN. The irony is that a big portion of my class is ex-military who are getting everything paid for, while I'll be drowning in debt. I wish I would have been a welfare queen early on.

Second best decision I ever made.

The best decision was getting out.

It gets you a respectable paying job and it gets you out of your parent's basement/unemployment.

Just so you know, if you're enlisted your life will suck, and it sucks even more if you're single w/o dependents.

>fighting for sodomites and baby murderers

No thank you senpai.

BULLSHIT! I know plenty of combat medics who can't even get EMT jobs, because the civilians don't 'recognize' military medical training.

That sucks, with your asvab you could do just about any Intel job.

>hasn't even gone to basic yet
There was blood upon the risers.

My back is destroyed. Airborne! I've got the strangest x-rays you've ever seen and I've never been in a cast.

Do it, but don't be a mechanic. Go infantry, field artillery or armor.

Got an 89 signed a open mech contract for AF, was hoping for a challenging job and got some shit easy ass job fucking sucks

Take your ASVAB score to a navy recruiter.
There are plenty of jobs in engineering that don't require a clearance. Steam, diesel, and gas turbine main propulsion will help get you a job in facilities/ manufacturing/ maintenance.

That's what I got on my ASVAB as well.
>18X
>Any chance of making to selection
Have fun in the 82nd
Wrong. Medic isn't worth shit on the civilian side. There's an xray tech MOS that you can do that is very transferable.
True, but you can build a very good skillset.
That's my opinion. If you're gonna put up with army BS you might as well do cool shit.
t. 11B in 10th MTN

Ha.

I'm a calm mofo by nature, so I hope bloodlust won't be a problem. Thank you for the advice though.

Do this on a bike, before every one of your lifting sessions @ the gym.

And look up running at "180 steps per minute" on YT, its the golden number for runners. Find a metronome on spotify "180 BPM" and learn to run at that cadence. It will probably take a minute off your mile like it did to me.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gonna think about that.
Would feel shit to leave my Army recruiters after doing so much of the process though.

>go air force

found the faggot nerd

You will get out of it what you put into it, as long as you are a critical thinker, and manage to avoid letting the necessary programming bleed into your private thoughts.

13A, 4ID. OP grow some chest hair and go kill something.

Would it be worth it going in as a 28 year old?

All I got is an IT cert, an associate's degree, and a job paying $20,000 a year

>I mean it definitely grows you as a human being
I don't think so.
They mentally tear you down and build you up as a perfect cog in a machine. You become emotionless and dependant on a system that becomes irrelevant once you go back to real life. That's the opposite of growing.

Fuck the army recruiters.

They're shitrocks or they wouldn't be on shore duty.

If you got anything over an 85 on the asvab, go Navy.

Aviation is way better than everything else.

It's not war-time

>25 y/o
>signing up for 13B
>everyone I've told has said either "huh user, I never figured you for a military guy" or "OMG no you'll hate it they'll be so mean to you"

>realize that the only people I know in the military are air force desk jockeys or navy deck scrubbers, and everyone else thinks the military is some kind of societal grease-trap for retards and felons

Getting rid of the Draft was a mistake. We have a military society and a civilian society and there's no overlap anymore.

What I'd also like to know is why the MEPS appointment takes so long to be scheduled? What's with all the delays?
I've nothing to be waivered, got all the papers for eye surgery I had, so what's the issue?

Joining the military is for white trash and stupid minorities.

I would never do that gay shit. lmao, I would never let another man yell in my face.

Fuckin' losers and dipshits join the military.

I know some motherfuckers who made selection.

One was a OTS candidate who got hurt and dropped.
The other was a PT stud and brilliant. The first was also a PT stud and very smart.

Neither enlisted as 18X

Quick question would it be ok for a late 20 something to join

92% on ASVAB?

Are you a nigger?

It's ALWAYS war time!

I had a 98% and felt dumb for not getting higher.

I even studied for it. But I guess I got some wrong.

Only when I get a tan, senpai.

If you love flying helicopters then sure. I spent three years in an IBCT and two in a CAB. Not much difference between the two if you aren't a pilot.

Keep on your toes, and make sure you are aerodynamic while running. That will shave off a minute right there.

Plus, I'm not a native English speaker.

joining the military is extremely blue-pilled and plebby

I got the highest score on ASVAB ever,but couldn't enlist because of a bad eye.

Fuck me.

I know 2 dudes from my hometown who did 18X and made it. However, the statistics aren't on your side.
>pussy detected
Lol you think Meps is bad? Just wait until you get to you get to 30th AG. You'll do literally nothing for 2 weeks.

I was at MEPS with 95, and with actual negros, who seemed amazed I got that high.

I thought it was based on test scores overall throughout the population with high school diplomas anyway?

Currently enlisted in the infantry, got a 92 on my ASVAB.
Been in for 9 months and I've already broken my ankle, gotten MRSA twice, and been through infantry OSUT twice.
Just finished Airborne School.
It's not worth it to enlist user, go to college and commission so you can be that butter bar that gets everyone lost.

>legally getting paid to shoot muzzies
>bluepilled

My MEPS was supposed to be done in November already. 5 delays. So yeah, I think it's bad.

AVN does away with a lot of the dumb army shit. not all of it, but the minimum intelligence requirement is higher.

You wouldn't think it was higher, but then you see the other side and realize how dumb people get.

Division and higher is weird, but you get to kill lots of people by proxy with airstrikes and artillery. I watched a lot of drone feeds. Then when you see shit you call over some people and they decide if it is time for killing.

I rate my personal count in excess of 200, that only counts shit I had involvement in. I was in the room for more than 2,000 souls.

I kept a notebook for 3 months, but stopped when I beat Cotton Hill.

>Recruiter is back
At least, you didn't post the links to the branches of service this time

Don't listen to this faggot. 99/100 you're gonna fail the contract and get stuck as an 11 Bang Bang, and then you have no fucking skills to transfer well into the civilian market.

15 series is great for transferable skills (aviation).

OP can't inb4 you stupid faggot
your dumb ass belongs in the military, that's for fucking sure

I just scrolled up it is just American flags and one Finn.

Not too bad. The military will fuck you over continuously, but it is still worth it.

Enjoy infantry

My SIL, a recruiter, says that for your MEPS to be postponed five times, there's something wrong. You probably don't qualify for some reason.

I'm an enlisted Marine Corps Air Traffic Controller, and it's been a very positive experience. At times I still wish I'd stuck with my guns and signed an infantry contract, but there's no true benefit to going that route from a long-term standpoint.

Specifically the 82nd, which is probably the worst.

I got the highest score in the state and finished the test 20 minutes before anybody. Didn't mean shit though. They put me in contact with actual retards since I was "handicapped"

1 eye ect.

>studying for the ASVAB

pffffffffffft hahahahaha.

You realize anything you score over a 67(? somewhere around there) is literally meaningless, right? That said, went in raw, 95.

don't talk bad about my old home.

we wear maroon berrets and jump out of airplanes and shit

also I get more artillery in the distance than I got on deployment.

I feel bad for those mothefuckers who went to Shank. Love you bro, but I don't know that pain, just lucky I guess.

Make sure you use good running form or you will fuck up you knees

Eek...should've gone to a branch with actual air traffic controllers.

I'd stay in to retirement if I were you, FAA will be a bit beyond your skill level.

>not studying for something that will improve your life
You need at least a 110 in every subject to be okay. I mostly just practiced math because I was out of practice.

I've never been but everyone I've met either hates it or is an asshole because of it.

Oh no, do I have cancer? How long do I have?

On the serious side. What could possibly be the reason?
-foreign background?
-felonies I don't know of? Coz I don't think I'm a felon.
-eye surgery?
-SoCal meps guys suck ass at their job?
-not enough documents yet they don't notify me about it?
-they can sense my autismo from far away?

>AVN does away with a lot of the dumb army shit.
Partly true, due to the bro culture of AVN. I definitely prefer it to IN

>the minimum intelligence requirement is higher
I'm in a CAB right now and that's just not true. There are dumb people everywhere.

Are you a 64 driver or an old scout?

I was the Aviation Deliberate Operations Officer for Afghanistan last year.

Is 24-25 early 20s? Is mid 20s acceptable lol

FUCK SHANK

What I've heard about 18X too. I bear no illusions of grandeur about myself, but god damn it I want to actually try. I was doing a Ph.D before this, and I couldn't stand university anymore. I'm convinced we're on the precipice of total economic collapse, and I'm too poor for a bunker of gold. I think we have to know how to fight, and we have to know how to kill. There already is a world war ongoing, but the West will have the reality of its currency situation manifest soon. I think the military is the last institution that even has the slightest loyalty to the ideas of the early republic at its heart. I don't know if we can win, or if our country can be saved. But I'm angry enough about my past and scared enough of the future, that I've got to try, you know?

I had a 4.2 GPA in high school on all honors/AP classes, a 34 on the ACT, 2340 SAT but I only scored a 52% on the practice ASVAB.

Literally how? I just don't get it. Surely something isn't right, right?

This. The ASVAB is easy as fuck. I did a 92 with no studying and no sleep the night before. Unless you're literally retarded you'll score 75+.

Fuck no. Do not die for juden. Have as many white kids as you can. It's the best thing you can do with your life.

That goes for all of you. If your brown kys.

I ship out for Air Force BMT Tuesday.

Advice?

That sucks bro. Was there absolutely no way to have your eye problem waivered?

Kys