Give me one reason why I shouldn't put my money in gold before the economy tanks

Give me one reason why I shouldn't put my money in gold before the economy tanks

>inb4 gold scam shills

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money#Treatment_in_economics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why you think it's gonna tank? all my recession indicators say we are at least 2 years away from one.

>2017
>not buying all your gold 2 years in advance

lol, not a chance in hell - the US economy is already in recession truthfully

>2 years
>implying this is ample time

I have about twenty ounces of gold that I bought between 2001 and 2007

America gets more expensive with each passing day. I wonder what will be the next trigger

>Give me one reason why I shouldn't put my money in gold before the economy tanks
Because gold doesn't earn money.

Buy a productive profitable investment.

>Investing in commodities
lel

>profitable investment

Oh you mean like one tied to the US dollar? Lol, you're a good goy aren't you.

money != currency

I wonder why the US government still holds all its gold in Fort Knox. I wonder why billionaires own obscene amounts of gold and silver. Really makes you think

>Fort Knox
Fort Knox could be mostly or entirely empty.

>economy crashes
>people stop buying jewelery, price of gold drops
>people stop buying expensive consumer products with gold in them, price of gold drops
>less incentive for companies to refine and sell gold, investment in finding gold drops
>governments start doing hyper-retard QE, retain less of their wealth in gold, price of gold drops
>you have now lost 50% of your investment

actual profitable investments have literally nothing to do with the currency of the country they reside in, they are valuable on their own

theres no gold in fort knox. buy ETH, it will continue to rise. They will just seize your gold when shit hits the fan.

>Oh you mean like one tied to the US dollar? Lol, you're a good goy aren't you.
No I mean something that earns more value as more time goes on.

>put your money into this investment portfolio goy, trust me goy

Wow look at all these US gov shills, so many replies, so little time

Because you should be buying silver instead. Gold is too small and valuable to be used as apocalypse money, stack some 1 once silver rounds instead so you can trade them for food and gas and shit when SHTF.

Can I have one :>

ETH is good, but no so much geared as being a currency (although it can act as one). Other good bets are BTC, XMR, and DASH. Admittedly though BTC is being eaten by the rest of the crypto market, but it may get its shit together soon.

>Invest in my IRA goy, we totally won't freeze your assets when the economy is in a fire sale
Sure thing David

In a scenario where the dollar is worth the paper it's printed on, gold and silver alone will be the accepted currency in bartering.

Investments in finding new gold dropping makes gold more valuable dipshit

Why not buy a building that rents to people?
How about a mineral asset?
A business that owns a technology?

Nope you should only buy a nearly useless bit of shiny metal.

>US gov shills
>admitting that Fort Knox is empty

Are you retarded, user? If Fort Knox is empty, the government don't want that information to get out.

you can't fucking eat silver, and you can't use gold to fix an infection

doesn't mean shit when literally everybody abandons any hope of using gold mate

Because I have 10-15k to invest, not 250k

Most Americans have less than a $1000 to their savings

I think trading is gonna take place, but it depends on how widespread gold and silver is going to be in such a scenario.

>Why not have hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest?

But you can use silver to fix an infection

yes mate i'm going to do all sorts of obscure shit with solid bricks of silver to fix my wife's stomach bug instead of just taking some of my food and selling it for antibiotics

all the gold is gone. lol. all you will get is gold plated tungsten. scam gold.

If you are worried about an economy collapse and if you need to LARP as a dragon with your hoard of gold you should have more money than a few months worth of expenses.

Otherwise it's just not worth it to worry about it.

The question at hand is why you shouldn't buy gold with your money. The answer is that buying gold doesn't earn you anything so you are not leveraging your saved capital.

If you don't trust the accessible means of making investments by buying shares in profitable ventures then given your assumed condition that "the economy tanks" you should buy day to day necessities.

So go out and buy everything you consume daily.

betcha half of those are fakes off ebay. sucker.

Why is a gold-backed dollar more stable than the petrodollar?
Both are based on mined resources and the abundance can change.

i personally would go with physical 24k gold bitcoin, then you're putting your money in two markets at once for the price of one. 241.

Because when people are struggling to find food and water they couldn't give two shits about a shiny hunk of useless metal.
Gold shills are such retards

the gold backed dollar, in theory, is supply limited based on how much gold the government can obtain. with fiat currency on the other hand the government can change their monetary policy to whatever they like whenever they like.

Is buying gold still a viable option if the price of gold is already high?

Shouldn't a person wait until the price drops before buying gold?

wrong. your cash would be worthless. the gold, you can smuggle into a stable country and be rich again. source: indians and pakis shove gold bars up their ass every time they go back home.

but a reasonable amount of inflation is healthy for the economy goy

When these things were minted they were worth 1£, that is mind blowing to me. What will they be worth in the future?

The elite have gold because its smart to diversify and gold doesnt require much thinking about so its easy to put some money in it and thats money you dont have to worry about anymore

Ok. Thank you. That makes sense.

It has less to do with the resource, but more to do with the central-bank system's control. If the U.S. is heavily invested and valued in petroleum and military infrastructure then the value of the currency reflects that. Is this somewhat correct?

The same _value_ they are now.
It's just inflation.

because you are 8 years too late, economy tanking is a democrat created problem

Gold is a good hedge on economy as a whole (in other words, it goes up when everything else tanks), so by all means you should include it in your portfolio. However, putting ALL your money in a speculative commodity is just plain moronic - unless the economy totally collapses, you won't earn much money with it and may even lose some of your original investment.

Remember when people said we'd go into a big recession last year? And the year before that? And the year before that?

Sure a broken clock may be right twice a day, so to speak, but how long a day is in this analogy may be loooooooooong. Don't waste your time with gold.

I sold three of them to a dealer a couple of years ago to get my kitchen redone. He didn't even bat an eye when he saw them. Just handed me $3300 dollars. I paid about $400 each for them I think, it's been a while.

/thread
Vote Democrat
Might as well cut off your dick.

>Why is a gold-backed dollar more stable than the petrodollar?
>Both are based on mined resources and the abundance can change.

The petrodollar isn't backed by oil it's just the currency used to trade for some of the oil. In actuality most oil sales are not conducted in USD but in the selling nation's currency with the price either being set in the contract or floating against the global price.

When Canada sells oil to China some sales are made in USD, but most are made in CND with the price floating on the world price.

With a gold backed currency each currency unit would have in theory a set mass of backing gold. Given that an economy can grow much faster than we can currently mine gold the value of the dollar is always rising or depreciating. It's not more or less stable because you have a secondary effect if the price of gold drops. For example someone finds a stupendous amount of cheap to mine gold. Then the value of gold drops and the value of the dollar falls.

The problem with Fiat currency isn't that it's not backed it's that banks control it's creation and they have a vested interest in slowly devaluing the currency.

I bet it feels good to have that kind of money on hand in the form of gold. It's a good sort of feeling knowing it's always worth something and usually worth more than what you paid.

I need some gold but I don't have a safe. I'll get a good gun safe and put my shit in there, along with my important documents.

I'll just leave this here

>not investing in digital gold

Stay poor no coiners.

>Give me one reason why I shouldn't put my money in gold before the economy tanks.

Because all smart Aryan men are buying silver while they still can, like tomorrow.

This is for people in Ukraine and India and Vietnam to worry about. Not us lad.

2nd and 3rd world currencies crash and burn, the dollar is more stable as a paper currency.

Still a good idea to have some gold and silver as your last insurance, but don't go overboard. Not more than 20% of your assets in physical gold/silber

In case you haven't noticed, the US dollar becomes worth less and less each year. It's not inflation. It's that the dollar is worth less. That's why cars that used to be 20k just 10 years ago now cost 55k --> That's why milk that used to be $1-2 just a few years ago now costs $4. That's why the price of everything is going up.

>It's not inflation. It's that the dollar is worth less.

First and foremost, invest in steel, brass, and lead.

Then buy your silver and gold.

I like silver too

Why on Earth would they hide the fact of whether it's empty or not? It's heavily guarded, it's literally a military installation. They don't need to hide the possibility of it being empty cause it's impenetrable.

I'm with you bro. But there's really nothing to do about it. You still have to struggle up the ladder of success, pay for your car, house, support a waifu and family.

This is just hard enough as is, there really isn't even time enough in one lifetime to worry about gold and silver. (in the USA)

Obviously in a collapsing economy like Vietnam, Ukraine, Syria, etc etc you want to have all your wealth in gold, not some collapsing low quality national currency.

At this point, it is irrelevant if fort knox is filled with stacks of gold a mile long, or completely empty. Completely irrelevant.

No reason for it to be empty, when the government controls the printing press, they can print the money, buy more gold, rinse repeat. How could it be empty?

>Why would the US Government need to hide the fact that it's been lying about multiple countries' gold reserves for decades

MAKE GOLD USELESS, LET THE KIKES STARVE TO DEATH!

NIBURU/PLANET-X & FLAT EARTH IS A KIKE/MASON INVENTION, INSTEAD OF PANIC, RAPE-A-KIKE!
>NIBURU/PLANET-X & FLAT EARTH IS A KIKE/MASON INVENTION, INSTEAD OF PANIC, RAPE-A-KIKE!
NIBURU/PLANET-X & FLAT EARTH IS A KIKE/MASON INVENTION, INSTEAD OF PANIC, RAPE-A-KIKE!
>NIBURU/PLANET-X & FLAT EARTH IS A KIKE/MASON INVENTION, INSTEAD OF PANIC, RAPE-A-KIKE!

>money != currency

This guy.

SILVER!

BUY SILVER! Gold is great, but right now silver is the better deal

You're both retarded. The dollar is literally worthless. Economic concepts like inflation don't truly apply to fiat currency which all the world's currencies are now, because how can something with no value to begin with just have value added or subtracted from it when it's literally by its definition valueless?

In monetary economics, fiat money is an intrinsically valueless object or record that is widely accepted as a means of payment. In some micro-founded models of money, fiat money is created internally in a community making feasible trades that would not otherwise be possible, either because producers and consumers may not anonymously write IOUs, or because of physical constraints.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money#Treatment_in_economics

The numbers don't mean shit in reality with fiat money. The only reason shit like poverty persists is cause of the societal power structure. Nixon was based in that he ended the gold game that limited monetary policy in a way that became incompatible with the modern world, but he knew that alone wasn't enough but he didn't want to get assassinated, it's why he had such obscenely heavy surveillance in the White House.

truth

Wow thank you for posting what I already outlined in this thread. What a wonderful contribution you've made!!!