California's Next Big Quake

We have a whole generation of people born after 1994 who have never experienced a real earthquake. These people are absolutely going to flip out even if the destruction is likely to be minimal.

They may flee the state and move to a city near you.

They're going to need crisis counselors hired with emergency funds. So just close the schools and businesses for a week.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UpLtGEWoY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that the SR14 junction?

Yes.

As someone who works in the earthquake business in LA, people were mildly panicked for the last 3.4 EQ near West LA. Putting in insurance claims, buying insane insurance policies, wanting time off work to secure their house, calling contractors to repair hairline cracks in their plaster.

Anything near 5.0 and people will shit their pants. Just like after the 94 earthquake, housing prices plummeted; everyone tried to sell their house and leave LA before the big one leveled the place.

Keep walking shoes in your car. If everything is fucked you aren't walking out of LA in uncomfortable shoes.

Nobody is going to walk 50 miles out of LA. With the amount of people there, you'd be lucky to walk a couple miles. If its in the summer and 90+F out, forget it.

They're going to walk home not to the desert.

I understand that, but because of how LA is a shithole, and a lot of people work there but do not live there, its often a 40+ mile commute for a lot of people. Google maps a drive; Northridge to downtown LA is 35 miles. Thats easily a 60 minute commute one way. Now consider the average idiot will probably average 4-6mph walking and observing damages and hopefully not getting mugged on their way home.

Up here in Napa, we had a 4.something almost 2 years ago. People were pretty shook here desu

Numales that Uber to work aren't likely to have a bugout bag anyway. Or find their way home without google maps.

Networks may be down. The landline telephone were swamped by the 2008 chino hills earthquake. Even in Northridge it took seconds before the phones were jammed.

Has a Millennial ever even heard the "all circuits are busy" message?

>tfw live in cheap ghetto housing in San Francisco lower nob hill (tenderloin)
>shitty soviet-looking housing just under beautiful Grace Cathedral
>tfw an earthquake is gonna knock out expensive yuppie housing and I'll be laughing in my cheap 700 a month five minutes from a house of God within walking distance of fucking everything

Phone books used to have info in the front of how to turn off your gas in a earthquake but nobody has a phone book anymore so...

Were xhey able to hold the cum inside xheir recta?

Phone books are still distributed to everyone regardless if you have a landline or not; however because everyone is so used to googling everything, people normally just throw them out. When people pick up their cell to call for help only to find the cell towers are down, it will actually be hysteria.

>only to find the cell towers are down, it will actually be hysteria.

A 2011 wind storm knocked out power to my area of LA for a few days. People around here with no land line were running their cars just to charge their phone. They became irate at the power company because they had no other way to charge their phones. People are dependent on their handheld computers.

>too young to have experienced the Northridge earthquake
I hope a big one doesn't happen for a long time

let the power go out

It's coming OP. The big one is going to be 100x worse than Katrina. Niggers at the academy awards will be bitching about how much support white people in CA got instead of LA

It all seriousness though you're right, it will cause massive amounts of destruction and change California's economy bigly

The rich liberals will leave and wreck your red state. The poor conservatives will remain because we're too poor to leave this trap.

>ywn live in 1994 again

jdimsatbqhf

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UpLtGEWoY

If you ask the preppers, we're 190 years over due, and 35 years past the cyclical pressure relief, and there are regular swarms where there has never been an earthquake, and a 9.6 will happen before tuesday!

About half of that is true though. All the geologists agree the plates are overdue and liquefaction is the biggest problem.

>tfw u live 5 minutes from this

the 5 merge onto the 14 bridge still sketches me out after the cop died on it in 1994.

A lot of stuff has been "pre disastered." There was one big quake in the early 90's that took out a lot of unreinforced masonry fireplace chimneys in the north San Gabriel Valley.

Attrition will slowly eliminate the worst structures.

>tenderloin
The degeneracy you must see every day...

When this happens, I would not be surprised to see death counts in the millions. LA was able to flee the hurricane's path, but earthquakes are not so kind as to give you such warning. The roads will have numerous blockages, infrastructure will fail, and the great cities of the golden coast will die a death abrupt in coming and unpreventable yet agonizingly slow. The quake itself will claim thousands. The desert will then claim millions.

Don't forget its the duty of every citizen to call 911 and tell them there has been a earthquake.

>california becomes a red state again
>liberals all move to oregon
>mexicans in jail or deported

>4.0+ Earthquake
>Commiefornia's shit infrastructure craps out across the state
>More damage than the Orville Dam
Don't tease me like that.

>I watched the 30 for 30 last night hah, you're all under age xD

>The desert will then claim millions.
Then it'll be time to go scavenging for Malibu corpses!