DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same

DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same

Whether you hail from Surbiton, Ulan Bator or Nairobi, your genetic make-up is strikingly similar to that of every other person on Earth, an analysis concludes today.
Although scientists have long recognised that, despite physical differences, all human populations are genetically similar, the new work concludes that populations from different parts of the world share even more genetic similarities than previously assumed.
All humans are 99.9 per cent identical and, of that tiny 0.1 per cent difference, 94 per cent of the variation is among individuals from the same populations and only six per cent between individuals from different populations.
Nonetheless, the team found that tiny differences in DNA can provide enough information to identify the geographic ancestry of individual men and women.
The results of the study, published today in the journal Science, have implications for understanding ancient human migrations and for resolving an ongoing debate about the use of family histories in medical research, said Prof Marcus Feldman of Stanford University who led the team.

Other urls found in this thread:

genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news38
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_the_chimpanzee
genographic.nationalgeographic.com/neanderthal/
racialreality.blogspot.kr/2011/02/cro-magnons-were-caucasoid-not-negroid.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you hate science, Sup Forums?

humans and apes are 98% the same
humans and bananas are 24% the same

> Breaking news! Science discovers that members of the same species are only marginally different!

> In other news, water is wet! The sky is up! OP is a faggot!

SPBP. Just a tiny fraction of DNA makes a massive difference.

But that .1% difference in DNA can make a huge difference in the resulting phenotype. This is why, despite having 99.9% same DNA blacks and whites are very different people.

Great. That must mean that we are all the same and behave exactly the same :>) Like when we observe one another there are no differences at all :>) I'm so reassured thanks op

>Lewontin's fallacy

Fuck off with this bullshit
im not a nigger
even in the wildest fucking dreams of some left wing nigger loving scientist whos bending facts to suit their own opinions am i related to a nigger
generation after generation after generation of white
thats the only fact
sorry niggers
swivel on my anglo dick

This, the 99.9% same only work for those who have no idea how genetic works.

So 0.1% can make the difference between a 6'4 220 pounds 140 IQ blonde and Danny Devito?

DNA also finds we are 98.5% identical to chimpanzees.

1.5% makes the difference between HUMANS and CHIMPS.

I wonder what .1% can do?

This doesn't change the fact that niggers lived on a continent with a plethora of natural resources for thousands of years but weren't able of create anything of value.

i've tried explaining this to them.

unfortunately most of Sup Forums, like most humans, always try to seperate and differentiate themselves and things from eachother. always putting things in boxes and finding any tiny discrepency so they can put 2 of the same thing in different boxes.

the truth is we are our environment. humans are massively moldable, like putty. who we are is based on our experiences in life. the culture we adhere to is the person we're going to be. a white person growing up in nigger culture is going to act like a nigger. a black person growing up in white, western, european culture is going to act like a white, western, european.

>b-but muh iq
iq isn't everything. iq doesn't determine how shitty a person is. it doesn't determine how much of a contribution to society they'll make. i've met geniuses that sit on their ass and play video games and are rudely sarcastic and assholes. and i've also met really kind stupid people with manual labor jobs that definitely have more of a positive impact on their community than the genius NEET who thinks he's better than everyone just because he's white.

everyone is capable of anything, to generalize millions or billions of people based on the action of the worst of their peers is ignorant. would you want to be compared to an inbred redneck just because your white? then don't compare a black guy to a nigger just because he's black.

i really wish Sup Forums would just take psychedelics so they can see that we really are all one. that if i grew up like you i'd be just like you. that we're simply clay that's been formed by the environment we're in. that it's not a masterrace you want to create, it's really a master culture.

"You may have heard that humans are 99.9% the same as each other. Well, not anymore."

genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news38

>i really wish Sup Forums would just take psychedelics
Opinion discarded.

Ulaanbaataaaaaaar

you'll never grow as a person if you don't open your mind and heart user.

By destroying our differences we steal from our kids. An Indian woman is beautiful Black woman etc. Why would you want to destroy things of beauty and the cultures that produce them?

>Denying biological disparity
>Denying genetic disorders that only formed in certain groups of sub-species of humans.

Sickle Cell is your achilles heel OP. Those who gained it are the result of protection from Malaria exposire, which by the way does not exist in colder climates, and if it does it is so rare it is nearly non existant.

Hell even the evidence of the Snowshoe rabbit debunks your damned claim given that it evolved a trait it needed due to environmental conditions.

Intellect evolved as a need, and those who lived in environments that forced people to become smarter to survive got it. Those who lived in warmer climates were like the Birds of Paradise, they had greater access to food, so no need to innovate to get food due to abundance.

(((Feldman))) likely sez race is a social construct... but also sez izrael belongs to joooooos

Wrong.

Drugs that's what your new god is. That is the best you can offer. Replace family with vice.

Take 1000 lines of code from a software. Change one 0 to a 1 then see what happens faggot

that's not saying much considering humans have 50% of the same DNA as a banana

I'm pretty sure we share about 50% with bananas.

/thread

it varies, mostly around 99% but if you compare the genetical information then 0.1% is a huge amount.

Humans also share 60 percent DNA with a banana.

DNA and genome are two very vastly different things, retard. We are not the same and those who wish to destroy what makes us different are cultural marxists and communists.

>human has 20,000 genes
>all humans are 99.99% genetically similar

>all humans only have 2 differing genes

rmyt

>Despite looking, acting and thinking differently, you goy- err, I mean WE are actually all equal, so breed away your race and embrace the New Era where we are all ... uhm ... well equal and stuff, so utopia will surely come automatically
t. Yehuda Goldberg

That 0.1% is sacred to me.

You mad, OP?

You'll also never grow as a person if you're strung out on drugs, larping as some sort of esteemed intellectual while the rest of the world works and innovates.

>00.1% difference

Why do people pretend that this does not matter?

We're 97% related to fucking bonobos, so clearly those tenths of a percentage point are extremely key from not being a monkey.

Humans but not jigaboos

There are two roller coasters they are 99.9% the same however one roller coaster has a retaining Bolt made of solid steel where the other roller coaster has a retaining botlt made of cardboard which roller coaster would you rather ride

The sheer amount of difference is not as important as the particularitys of the difference

We're related to bananas too and we don;t look like them

>DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same
lies

geez man I really feel bad for that kid(?)

Isn't this sort of the issue the butterfly effect. An embryo is largely a continuous chemical reaction that inevitably turns into a human as a result of those chemical reactions. While we might be genetically very similar the small differences compound from protein to protein and we are talking about countless trillions of proteins minimally.

Even if one gene differs that gene is coding for more than one and potentially trillions of proteins.

The difference doesn't exclusively come from the genes but the emergent structure of what the gene creates when compounded again and again and again.

To think about in terms of the butterfly effect. A small flap of the wings of butterfly in Malaysia on Tuesday can be the difference between a tornado in Kansas and a clear sky on Friday

How would you explain the richest blacks committing more crime than the poorest whites then. Those blacks would be the best of their peers and those whites would be your "rednecks"

Have you heard about the mystery of the Y chromosome?

I've studied human genetics and biology for 15 years, and one of the most taboo subject is anything discussing the difference between peoples. Especially when it's about white people. When I was an undergrad, my professor nonchalantly let it slip that white men dont have the same type of Y chromosome as the rest of the human race. When I pressed him further he realized his mistake and dismissed any further questions. Then he got really angry when I pressed the issue further. That emboldened me to discover what he meant. After many weeks, I was able to dig up a myriad of studies from the mid 90's that tried to trace back human ancestry as far as possible. One of those studies was on the Y chromosome. For years researchers cataloged thousands of Y chromosomes from men all over the world and were able to paint a pretty accurate picture of Human migration from Tanzania to the Americas. Well there was one outlier, One very important group of outliers; White Men. It seems that their Y chromosome is unique it can not be traced back to any point of origin at all. It's almost as if it just appeared one day out of thin air. When I confronted my professor about this he became angry and told me that study was discredited due to improper testing methods, but I checked the methodology that was described and it all followed proper procedure for the time and still holds true even now. After the incident all of the studies disappeared from my school's library. I've been working on continuing the study, but it's been hard getting funding. Because it has to do with race. Specifically the White Race.

If that's true why do ethnic Europeans have ~4% neanderthal DNA while ethnic Africans possess none?

>open heart user.

god liberals make me sick

You cannot make offspring with a monkey or banana, though.

I feel like this could become a twitter meme about racist the NYPD is. Some leftists would retweet it because it would fit their narrative, but others would have to wonder...

So far so good. There is however a story going around that you're basically closer to your other race random guy than to your same race next door neighbor, and this is patently false.

All that matters is how dramatically different the phenotypes are, both inside and out.

>DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same

If you knew the first thing about genetics, you would realize that this measurement only considers the amount of base pairs involved.

However, a mutation that affects a single base pair in a critical region of the genome (such as the promoter region of a gene that regulates the activity of a battery of other genes) could produce a HUGE difference in phenotype, regardless of the # of base pairs involved.

Please stop spreading nonsense about a science you don't understand. Thanks.

>different populations are x% the same genetically
>therefore they are x% the same in observable mental traits
That simply does not follow.
Really made me think.

"everyone is capable of anything, to generalize millions or billions of people [...] is ignorant. "

That's Bernie-tier cognitive dissonance

source?

are you talking about chromosomes or the full dna?

from what i remember we are very similar to everything genetically, otherwise we couldn't eat or process it.

people shouldn't get caught up on a 0.1% difference, that is an astronomical number when dealing with genetics. even similar genetics are expressed in different ways.

>Africa never invents the wheel, metallurgy, irrigation, masonry, etc. etc.

That .1pc's must be a pretty big deal, user.

All matter is pretty much the same and yet it's different

Human genome is 6.4 billion base pairs large.

0.1% of 6.4 billion is 6,400,000.

So we're 6,400,000 base pairs different. Hmm. I wonder if any of those base pairs can affect intelligence & temperament, or if skin color is the only attribute affected...

Humans also share like 60% DNA with a banana. Therefore a banana is capable of anything. You can't make generalizations about millions or billions of bananas based on a small difference like that.

don't you know nigs gotta nog. you have to open your heart to that fact that they are unable to take personal responsibility for their actions.

open your heart and realize it's cruel to hold them to the same standards you hold yourself. think of them as big little tar babies who just don't know any better.

Obviously the ayy lmaos did it.

The genetic difference between Humans and pic related is 1.2%.

Even less desu.

fruitflies have 70% the same DNA as humans. Makes you realize that .01% is actually a lot.

Yeah, well, it doesn't mean I should stop hating on inbred Muslims, does it? Why would I care what caused them to become obnoxious idiots? If it was even evil magic, I would still opt for living in a white redpilled country.

So if we are all the same why are Africans the oldest race but still live like cave people? When compared to white people? If we are essentially the same does this mean they are just lazy people with no excuse for being so shit at life?
If you say so

The difference between a human with down syndrome and a human without is 34 genes. Humans with down syndrome are 99.9997% similar.

So are niggers chimps or humans?

Have they found the babydick gene yet?

We edit that motherfucker out, we get a whole lot less white men and far right pantshitters.

Also, go to fucking sleep pol, it's fucking late.

People are happy to cede the fact that races have tons of physical differences(races have differently shaped eyes, noses, and lips; Asains are short; >muh BBC, etc.), but as soon as you mention behavioral traits that may differ between races people turn into science denying savages who spit in the face of evolution. The parallels to be draw between humans and Darwin Finches don't just stop at the difference in our pigment, but these multiculturalists refuse to see reality in hopes that love and tolerance can change hundreds of thousands of years of biology.

Yes so there is more than 4% difference in DNA.

Other people were saying .1% is enough to result in huge differences, let alone 4-5%

came here for this

>You cannot make offspring with a monkey

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_the_chimpanzee

You can with an ape.

>same species

Niggers are not the same, they are subhuman

Meant for

Why do you deny science? Why do you deny genetic diversity?

>muh anecdotal evidence!
>DUDE

Fuck off

Have you ever honestly tried. Dont believe what science man tells you

>a black person growing up in white, western, european culture is going to act like a white, western, european.
Not only can I tell you're a nigger on an anonymous image board just by reading your text, you prove it by your nigger tier logic.

>genographic.nationalgeographic.com/neanderthal/

>sub-Saharan Africans have none, or very little Neanderthal DNA

>racialreality.blogspot.kr/2011/02/cro-magnons-were-caucasoid-not-negroid.html

>Cro-Magnons Were Caucasoid, not Negroid

if you're intelligent you want your children to look like you

>having gook gene make your children ugly

>having mestizo and nigger gene make your children ugly and stupid

If you don't understand this, then you have nigger brain

Liberals deny anything scientific as it clashes with their worldview

We are all sub-species, White, Black, Asian, etc. At the same time we must accept these differences between us to assure better medical treatment and care.

I thought it was around 50%?

True. That is why all humans are the same species. In fact, that is one of the defining characteristics of a species. Doesn't mean different races of humans are the same.

Yet more evidence that psychedelics turn you into a brain fried hippy. All these people claim psychedelics give you some kinda enlightened wisdom never say anything intelligent just the same old "dude what if we like are all the same wow"

For those curious, it only take 1 base pair in your human genome to completely change you.

Figurative example, 1 AT or CG switch can cause your "aggression" protein receptor to fold weird and become highly sensitive, and react by itself with no outside stimulus, causing you to do more crime while dindu nuffin, all due to 1 base pair switch among the 3,000,000,000 base pairs in your DNA.

As long as that base pair switch is in the right place, you could be an entirely different person.

Source: Biologist with extensive genetics and proteomics background.

behavior isn't a science and neither is cladistics.

its based on observation. not scientific methodology. there's more than enough room to say whatever you want about it.

Will you write out a thread with everything you know so far and your hypothesis soon? We're dying for some decent content on Sup Forums dude.

We are 75% similar to banana. Small % make big differences.

Hey Eric

it is, the point still stands even it we shared 10% with a banana.

true

We should just take every dog and breed them together so theres only one breed.

Then do the same to every other animal on the planet.

Then ourselves.

Lets celebrate diversity.

We share 85% of our DNA with a banana ... OP BTFO

Friggin based!

Fertile offspring doesn't mean differences are insignificant, though

70% of your body is water we are all related to fjords you fucking faggot

In genetic terms a 0.1% gap is substantial, there's only a 2% gap between us and chimps. A 0.0001% change in the correct region of code could turn a normal person into a drooling retard, it doesn't take much.

We're the diluted remnants of antediluvian "gods." Their diaspora, few in number, made us in their image--physically, and culturally. Civilization itself appears from thin air, in its entirety, in the fertile crescent. Why? Because somebody came along and showed us the ropes. The Mesopotamian books tell you this. The Jewish books tell you this. It's no mystery.

In less we get our hands on some archaic human DNA I don't think we will ever know. Say if we got some him I erectus DNA than we could compare it to him and and find out which race is more similar to archaic humans and which one is not. We can never know what part of DNA causes intelligence and we can never know the true migratory patterns of ancient hominids. Add out own political opinion into this peice...it really doesn't matter both sides could flip it how they like.

>0.1% difference between humans and niggers
>1.2% difference between humans and chimps
>niggers are 1/12th chimp

I hope the Coyote gets to be the dad in that relationship or else ouch.

Then I guess that makes the .1% difference between races much bigger than it looks? Thanks for proving his point, retard.