Was Christianity a great thing for Europe ?

Was Christianity a great thing for Europe ?

Let's see what "great" empires did we have ?
>the Roman empire , a meritocracy and mostly not Christian
>Alexander the great empire ,basically a genocide
>all the empires in Mesopotamia definitely not christian

Now after Christianity came into Europe what we have

>the Bizantin empire which was great and Christian but got fucked by the Muslims
>the English empire and they were in it for the money
>the holy Roman empire who really wanted to conquer Europe
>the third Reich who wanted to conquer Europe

And now we have again a meritocracy which religion morals are almost extinct

So do you think Christianity was a good force in Europe ?

You have literally rewritten history.

>So do you think Christianity was a good force in Europe ?

Islam despises pagans most of all, or at least now in days, as its the one thing they can be open about.

Europa, unlike India, was not unified behind a single pagan religion, but was broken up into Greco-Roman, Celtic, Germanic, Iberian, Thracian, Slavic, and these are just the main ones who are very different from each other(well Thracian was close to Greco-Roman near its end).

Christianity at least unified Europe, somewhat, which lead to such events as the Poles coming to the Austrians rescue, where if there was no Christianity in Europe, they would have no reason to abandon their entire nation to help out some Austrians.

It also lead to the Christmas truce during WWI, which worked for all, but(now wait for it) the fucking moslems. Orthodox, Protestants, and Catholics all enjoyed it, they tried it with the muzzies, and bang! dead soldier, and the war was back on.

Had the nations not got buthurt(allies, as always) and ordered the soldier with the tree shot, WWI would have ended early, less dead Europeans, and chances are, no WWII, no Nazis, and thus no chucked Europe, oh, and the Empires might still be standing today.

Ill say this, as a Christian, it did not have to be Christianity that did this, it could have been Buddhism, had the Greeks spread it with more passion, yet they did not, and the Romans did not unify their religion well enough for a Pagan Europe to survive the coming storm that was the crescent.

So yes, if for no other reason, it gave common grounds, grounds that stood for something, till roughly the 60's.

Well the response is good but my question is somewhat different

I agree it was good as a common ground for all Europe but was the Christian morals great or just good ? The morals which look like protocommunism. Were THOSE useful for Europe or was Christianity just a common ground

>Mesopotamia
>Europe

You really have a fundamental misunderstanding of the teachings of Christianity if you read it as protocommunism, dude. Wherever you got that is Jewish propaganda.

As in great empires over the ages

Equality , sharing , everyone should be the same , the end is the same so you should be as "good" as possible seems like ideas that would appear in communism

Humm, thats a tough one, as we are all here today thanks to Christian morals, and its all we know(for the most part).

I mean, whats the chance that we all are 100% Aryans, decedents from 100% physically, and mentality fit decedents for the last past 1.5k years?

Christianity morals helped everyone on this board, even if we will never know it.

Of course, everything is a double edged sword, and so yes, it has backfired on the west(look at all the Africans alive today thanks to (mostly) Christian charity, and a great bulk are invading the west, thanks to a Christian German party.)

In the end, I think its like this, in the words of my dad, a strong Christian," there is the Christian thing to do, then there is the smart thing to do." Older generations understood this, thus why the West did so well with its world spanning Empires, while still being Christian. While we today, well you are either one or the other, either a merciful Christian, or self serving "Atheist".

Till we find common grounds with the past, and realize that charity is one thing, and feeding, clothing, sheltering, and nursing the man who will put the knife to our throat is another, I am unsure.

In principle its a great thing, in today's world, its good at best.

There's literally none of that in the Gospel. He says be a good neighbor. Of course, if my neighbor needs some help fixing something or needs some bread or to borrow some milk, I'm going to help.

There is nothing about your entire nation should make the same amount of money or whatever.

It's individualism, if anything. It's all up to the person.

> Christian West: Conquered almost the whole world. The beauty of the white race was the world standard. The white man was feared by their wives. There were almost no gays. The family was regarded as sacred. Westerners control Muslim Nations.

> Secular West: Getting cucked by mudslimes. BLACKED. White Women falling in love for niggers and sandniggers. Full of beta men. Muslims control various Western cities.

Red pill me on why Atheism is not a Jewish invention to turn Westerners into miserable cucks.

That was thought process too . A lot of giving but the result is a "good" grade not a great

If all of Europe converted to Buddhism we'd all be in a better place.

nigga rome laid the foundation for modern society

I agree but they weren't Christians from the start

If Byzantine was so great, why did Europeans and Turks attack and ultimately defeat it?

>Muslims despises pagans
>Black box in Mecca is a pagan tradition

Why haven't they burned it down then? Last time I checked, Muslims never demanded people to convert. Christians did.

this ((( ))) is a fag

>Why haven't they burned it down then?
they removed all the gods from the pantheon except for one

Baal still lives :^)

>we have a meritocracy
Not everyone in Europe is the town rapist, Radu.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.

Kyrie Eleison
Christe Eleison
Kyrie Eleison

May God our Heavenly Father pour out His Divine Mercy on the Church.
May the Presence of Jesus Christ, Son and Redeemer, be made known in the hearts of all men.
May those in fear and suffering find eternal salvation through power of the Holy Spirit.

May our petitions, prayers, and thanksgiving be granted full intercession by all the Angels and Saints, most especially...

Mary, the Immaculate Mother of God.

Saint Joseph, the chaste and earthly father of Jesus Christ.

Saint Michael the Archangel, Commanding warrior in the Army of God.
Saint Gabriel the Archangel, Messenger of the Word of God.
Saint Raphael the Archangel, Guardian and Healer to the People of God.

Saint John the Baptist, great prophet and baptiser of Christ.

Saint Simon Peter the Apostle, the first Bishop of Rome, the Vicar of Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Council, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God.

Through this invocation of the Most Holy Trinity and all the Angels and Saints may be blessed the following intention...

For the forgiveness of all sinners, may the Light of God expel the darkness from our lives. May we live eternally as joyful stewards of the Holy Universal Catholic Church

Amen

How stupid are you

OP is a cherry picking fag

stupid leaf poster

"Christianity was created by some decadent and degenerated Romans as a tool of oppression, in the late Roman era, and it should be treated accordingly. It is like handcuffs to the mind and spirit and is nothing but destructive to mankind. In fact I don't really see Christianity as a religion. It is more like a spiritual plague, a mass psychosis, and it should first and foremost be treated as a problem to be solved by the medical science. Christianity is a diagnosis. It's like Islam and the other Asian religions, a HIV/AIDS of the spirit and mind."

There was a lot of literacy and record keeping going on in the church, that's pretty helpful. They also did science and philosophy at times.

Church was pretty good, not all good, but the good probably outweighed the bad for most of the history.