Obesity IS Genetic

archive.is/bVyRs

(CNN) — While scientists have been aware of about two dozen genetic conditions that can cause obesity, a new study published Monday in the journal Obesity Reviews finds there are many more.

The Canadian researchers have identified and cataloged 79 rare genetic syndromes where obesity is a key symptom. A body mass index of 30 or higher is considered obese, where weight is higher than what is considered healthy for a given height.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/neiltyson/status/25268611178303490?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not genetic when just 65 years ago barely anyone was obese, you'd be put in a freakshow for being obese. People can put on weight easier, sure, but they can just eat 300 calories less.

>(((scientists)))
>(((doctors)))

Anyone who still trusts MD's is retarded and probably deserves what he's gonna get

Did they find your faggot gene yet OP?

nigger anyone will lose weight if they just eat less. just stop fucking eating. losing weight is the easiest fucking thing in the world

Not yet but they are still looking.

Thank god, I can continue eating burgers, it's just my genetics that I'm fat

( genetic )

I don't know about obesity... but racism is genetic, literally.

All jokes aside genetics really can make you get weight a lot faster than normal. I know people who can eat sweets all day and nothing happen to them when somone other after eating few get weight. It doesn't legitimise someone for being fat because you still can be slim if you try its just harder than for others tho

Amazingly, humans are the only animals where obesity is genetic, Apparently it's not genetic in Africa

>I know people who can eat sweets all day and nothing happen to them when somone other after eating few get weight
No, you don't.

ITT people not understanding thermodynamics

twitter.com/neiltyson/status/25268611178303490?lang=en

Yes, I do.

>genetics can allow people to break the laws of thermodynamics

Damn, we're pretty close to getting full-blown super powers.

So, can we fucking get down to the genetic manipulation already?

No its not. I used to be fit my entire life but now that I spend alot of time sitting on a computer drinking beer Im 10 pounds over weight

Every pound of fat is 3500 calories your body didn't need.

No one can defy the laws of physics. Eat less energy, and you'll store less energy.

This right the fuck here. Again:

So, where is all of this extra mass coming from?

It is that's why we should pay for this fine man healthcare

You do realise everyone aborb different amount of calories? Its not like consuming 500 calories = 500 calories absorbed into your body.

I wouldn't say it's the easiest thing in the world (based off experience: used to be 240 now 150) and it took a lot of consistency and forgetting about the junk food you didn't want to throw out but kept.

PHYSICS IS RACIST

> 79 rare genetic syndromes
>rare
>30% of the population
Oh look, its what we already knew - there are some rare conditions that make weight gain very easy, but these do not account for anything but a TINY fraction of the obesity problem and to write anything that implies that the average fatty doesn't have control over their pork level is dangerous.

True but it physically can't be more. Eating 500 calories of food can't give you 501 calories.

But you can't not absorb more calories than the food contained when you ate it.
So you're just being retarded.
You can NOT eat a meal that's worth 500 calories and magically have your body absorb 1000 calories. That simply doesn't happen.