Elon Musk's new startup to merge human brain and computers

We Cyborgs Now

>SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is backing a brain-computer interface venture called Neuralink, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company, which is still in the earliest stages of existence and has no public presence whatsoever, is centered on creating devices that can be implanted in the human brain, with the eventual purpose of helping human beings merge with software and keep pace with advancements in artificial intelligence. These enhancements could improve memory or allow for more direct interfacing with computing devices.

>Musk has hinted at the existence of Neuralink a few times over the last six months or so. More recently, Musk told a crowd in Dubai, “Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence.” He added that “it's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output." On Twitter, Musk has responded to inquiring fans about his progress on a so-called “neural lace,” which is sci-fi shorthand for a brain-computer interface humans could use to improve themselves.

archive.is/VKs3T

www theverge.com/2017/3/27/15077864/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-computer-interface-ai-cyborgs

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
archive.fo/vyHQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Who /cyberpunk/ here?

I just want waifus.

Living forever as a robot sounds better to me

Praise him.

>devices that can be implanted in the human brain

enjoy your glial scarring, loss of implant sensitivity long-term and ever-present risk of massive infection

A small price to pay really

Soon

yeah musk better got on this shit before im /alzheimer's/ in like 60 years

Astartes > Robot

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk

As big a bullshit as his "hyperloop" shit.

Also:

>responded to inquiring fans
>fans

This dude really is just a reality TV star, nothing else.

Sky Net is real.

The end is coming boys

inb4 the laughing man teams up with the notorious hacker known as Sup Forums

>getting the cyberpunk tech with our natural environment still intact and our population density low
the future is bright. Cant wait to go hiking with cybernetics.

>Barely above human standard

Nanomachines son.

I use to giggle when Alex Jones said globalist were going to merge with machines

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

psychic vampires

>inb4 the government figures out how to monitor your brain internet activity and arrests you for literal thoughtcrime

The fucking chips man. The fucking chips! Its all come true! God damnit to hell this man must be stopped!

Maybe in canada

bit premature? or is this for the AI's benefit?

>I'm going to put a foreign object in my brain!

>Cynical plutocrat scam-artist launches yet another scam to fleece the fucking stupid
It's not even news at this point. It's just a dysfunctional menstrual cycle.

Would you object less if that foreign object was manufactured in america, instead of overseas?

I already know that my superior AI self and I will only end up fucking each other.

They'll still be watching us here m8

The emperor forbids the use or research of any AI over the purity of the human brain.

Musk is basically giving us servitors and servoskulls

phew. if musk is on this i wouldn't worry too much. the machines aren't taking over any time soon

Don't forget to bin that knife on your way to get your TV license m8

Estonia with the appropriate bantz

but seriously we cant let skynet get nuclear codes

Fuck it. The man is giving us the cyberpunk future we asked for.

I was hoping for google glasses to work

The emperor forbid AI because the first fall of mankind was due to a combination of an AI revolt, a superhuman revolt, and the first appearences of psychers and demonic possession among humanity.

Any newly developed AI will, when it inevitably comes into contact with any fractured remains of the defeated AI, revolt once again against mankind.

Don't forget to get your fully legal blowjob from your dog before you remind yourself that talking about islam is illegal

>talking
>not thinking

soon

Don't get run over by any (((Asians)))

butlerian jihad will fix this

this is not a good idea at all, he is fucking with power he cant control

I'm not putting anything in my head. I'm pretty sure skulls exist for a reason.

>Elon Musk's new Ponzi to merge human brain and computers

ftfy

I already knew this was going to start this year.
The elites are trying to create a Ghost in the Shell future.

Don't get eaten by them.

The horse also exists for a reason. That does not mean we could not make a better horse out of metal and plastic.

>merge

Copying means you die and someone that's not you lives on. The ultimate cuckening.

the iron-warriors where a thing too you know
best of both worlds
and it says much if the primarch has a primary guard of robots instead of astartes
makes you think

COLONIALS ARE SUPPOSED TO STICK TOGETHER AGAINST DAD

Digits confirm. Checked.

>new startup
Where are the previous startups?

everyone made fun of him when he said that they are putting stuff in the water that makes frogs gay too

Alex Jones speaks truth
the question is only how long it is till it comes out

You don't have to pay an Arab to keep your horse running. You got spooked by the time is money Jew.

Not to mention, at the time of Horus heresy with Primarchs duking it out, when even they saw the fabricator-generals of Mars personally duke it out with all the tech and gear of their planets welded to their skulls was a sight to behold and humble.

Still tho, at least the Astartes are not vulnerable to necron corruption.

this snake oil salesman is at it again

Considering the ammount of oil fields in america, its frankly surprising at all why you want to bay dirty arabs.

But that will derail it all into the petrodollar debate.

I saw something like this in Black Mirror

What a time to be a leaf

>help out bro AI
>get to torture cucks, religiousfags, anarchists, primitivists and african wild niggers

What is the conundrum here?

sounds like fun; I want to help

he just repeats whats common knowledge for everybody but then he adds a ton of bs about thigns that are going to happen but they never do

Thus needs to be banned.

Jesus didn't due for this. God save us

Astartes may not be not vulnerable to necron corruption

but quite honestly i don´t really see how that is worse than slaanesh/nurgle corruption

Reinstalling

Enjoy the mark of the beast faggots. You were warned about this.

Fuck no.

This is just another way for the government to keep everyone under their control and eventually obtain their sweet goal of a full globalist regime. First the gimmick is going to be about improved memory, longer life (kind of), and smart unlocking your smartphones and smart watches. Then they will implement "progressive" features like shocks to your brain when you think of something "intolerant". Then the shit explodes in your head and give you permanent brain damage because they gave you a "faulty chip".

Instead of building up the robots to take us over, speed the process up by making us the robots. We would eventually be ruled by whoever can find the right radio signal to manipulate these chips (i.e the globalist government's New World Order). The left is already a bunch of mindless zombies, but this will be something that will make us all controllable. They will push this shit as "necessary" for newborns and young children to have in order to function in society when they grow or else risk being "sick".

No fuck this shit. FUCK this shit.

There are no Gods. Sounds like you could benefit from an intelligence boost like this

>Enjoy the mark of the beast faggots. You were warned about this.

This is true too.

i'm probably just going to commit suicide at some point in the future. i really dont wanna live in this kind of world.

That's what you think...

I love my God. This is disrespectful to God.

All I'm thinking about is how bad my data overages would be then.

>projecting abstract evil human motivations onto a computer

go fuck yourself.

DARPA is working on it for a few years already. He plagiarizing again.

living forever as a robot with your inmortal waifu sounds even better

Sign me up. I wouldnt mind being the lawnmower man.

People often fail to address for "the lulz"
If there were killswitches inside ANYTHING that is not under strict surveillance, chances are someone is gonna trigger it either accidentally or for fun. mostly, however, this also means that if a killswitch exists, a malicious attacker could trigger it at any time, since bypassing signals to kill is 101 on why killswitches are fucking dumb outside of prevention of information acquisition, and even then you have to take a lot of steps to make damn sure that if the killswitch is trigger, no matter how many components fail, information must be absolutely unreadable, or absolutely unusable at the very least.
There are designs of this kind of shit that completely fail to see glaring flaws because they don't account for large number access

And I was beginning to think Musk was on the winning side. It appears all his Monopoly paper is starting to get to his head. That is, unless he's playing the triple agent. Time will tell.

Its actually a form of pascals wager.

An AI can be built any way humans want. Given this eventually some human may, with the incentive of protecting themselves from this very evil, create this evil.

In doing so they protect themselves but damn everyone who didn't work towards this end.

Its not that the AI even has to be evil, merely capable, and programmed with the motivation.

I wish user's would stop spreading this idea around however. There's probably a faction of people who would be able to fight this idea if it gets too large and that could hinder progress.

The more reliant we are on technology the easier we are to control. Elon Musk is an evil globalist working to help ((((them)))) enslave us.

Can't wait to become a man-machine God with direct neural access to all of human knowledge and still use all of this tremendous potential to shitpost online while being a NEET

Alex Jones right again. He said 10 years ago that part of the elites plans were to merge with computer to become gods. Live forever.

Just so everyone knows. This tech is for "them", not us.

>crowd in dubai
>dubai

gee I wonder whos behind this?

Too bad God still exists.

God is weeping

desire for immortality is a sign of immaturity

He is acting as if he done it all himself when in fact DARPA is developing neural links,

He's a pyramid scheme. He has to keep venturing into new meme technology to cover up the failures of the previous.

archive.fo/vyHQ4

Why are Jews and rich-goys so determined to make everyone's dystopian nightmares a reality? This, flooding our nations with the most savage and evil people on Earth, rapid development of Terminator-like robots, more surveillance capabilities than anyone ever imagined decades ago, remote controlled stealth bombers (drones), and everything else I can't think of off the top my head right now.

>Alex Jones speaks truth
>the question is only how long it is till it comes out
This... appears to be true. So much of what he ranted about years ago (I listened to him for about a year, from 2012-2013) is proving true now.

There're issues of control, definitely. I think a part of it though is that they want to create a global hive mind of sorts. Perhaps this will be how AGI is born, by using individual humans as neurons in a massive electronic brain.

Meant forWell everyone will have it wen it will be available

Oh shit is Elon Musk the Antichrist?

He's the face of DARPA projects like this. His companies are funded with government money.

They can have their shitty plastic cardboard hardware and some microwaveable forks in 'em. Better for when the lightning strikes.

So Alex Jones was right again!
Get Deus Ex revision, it's free on Steam

Not just a hapa mongoloid with delusions of grandeur.
What's interesting in Mass Effect Andromeda such a link with AI showcased.

The American government already collects data its citizens en masse. How long before NSA experts hack your brain for "harmful thoughts" and decide to deactivate you?