Stolen coin

>Berlin police say thieves broke into the German capital's Bode Museum and made off with a massive 100-kilogram gold coin issued by the Royal Canadian Mint that's worth millions.

>Dubbed the "Big Maple Leaf" and measuring three-centimetres thick with a diameter of 53 centimetres, the coin has a portrait of the Queen on one side and maple leaves on the other.

>It has a face value of $1 million, but by weight alone it would be worth approximately $4 million US at market prices.

Can you get your shit together Germany? For fuck sakes.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-27/massive-100-kilogram-gold-coin-worth-45-million-stolen-german-museum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has probably already been broken into chunks and tossed in a furnace...

top kek

Too smart of a heist for the "refugees" to have done it

Oh well, that's a good one

>tfw germany had more leaf gold than leafland
lel

>$1 million Canadian dollars
So that's what, $3 US?

Yep. This. That much gold ... you'll never safely sell that in piece to a collector, but $4 mil in little 100 g ingots will keep you comfy for the remainder of your life.

Only caveat I see here is if a collector arranged the heist so he can rub his boner on it for the next 5 or 6 decades. Probably could never show it to more than 4 people for the rest of your life ... he'd just have the satisfaction of knowing he possessed it in hiding.

Why do they got our medium sized looney boys

checked
Since gold is better than cash, it seems to me you can't arrange a heist for $4 million in gold and pay them any less than $4 million plus expenses.

>Since gold is better than cash
Go try and buy some food with gold right now

> it seems to me you can't arrange a heist for $4 million in gold and pay them any less than $4 million plus expenses
Nah you pay 'em $2mill and they don't gotta worry about getting rid of it, that gold is hot, hard to sell unless or Melt that shit, recast it into smaller ingots, that big loonie is long gone

>Go try and buy some food with gold right now
Are you for real? Takes you 5 minutes to get to one of the businesses that buy it and complete the sale.

don't pieces like these have special mixtures that identify the "origin" so it's MUCH harder to sell?

>Go try and buy some food with gold right now
I can exchange gold for any currency at any pawnshop in the entire planet.

>don't pieces like these have special mixtures that identify the "origin" so it's MUCH harder to sell?
What the fuck are you talking about? its a fucking periodic element.

When you melt it down you can add some flux and remove whatever is in it, or hell, even add shit if you wanted.
You can't have some special snowflake gold formula that no one can melt or something, are you retarded?

Do you not understand what elements are?

And why do you have a tripcode you attention whoring faggot.

They try really fucking hard to prevent it from having any impurities at all.

That's before you melt it down and get some impurities in it from the crucible or something.

It can be traced until the second you 100% melt it, then its fucking gone and they can never prove what you have is anything but just a block of gold.

>getting this triggered over a fucking element
I love this place, it's literally reverse-tumblr

Now, imagine, there was a way to let oxygen engage with some other material. How can that be possible when oxygen is an element? Oh wait, there is a way and it's called oxidation.
Anyway, I don't know how hard it is to cook away stuff that has similar weight/melting points. I remember some process that involves electricity for a similar purpose from school but that's long ago.

Do you mean the thieves or the people who made this coin?
Cheers mate, gtk

Link?

The mint. Gold used for currency is brought as close to 100% purity as possible. It's one of the most stable elements, so it doesn't need any added elements to improve longevity.

Tanned Germans at it again!

Yeah Britain decided Germany didn't deserve it. Got our Queen on it, it's ours. Give unto Caesar that which is Caesars etc

why does this heist sound like it was pulled off by the joker?

> HEEE HEE HEE.
> SORRY TO LEAF SO SOON CAPED CRUSADERS!

>3cm thick
>called the 'big maple leaf'

LITTLE
WHITE

Because no one else could:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-27/massive-100-kilogram-gold-coin-worth-45-million-stolen-german-museum

Fuck sakes that's more gold than we have in reserves.

>The museum says the coin is in the Guinness Book of Records for its purity of 999.99/1000 gold

Could the U.S. soldiers and weapons stationed in Germany right now be able to take out the complete German military?

>tfw achmed steals 100% of your country's remaining gold supplies

>Now, imagine, there was a way to let oxygen engage with some other material. How can that be possible when oxygen is an element? Oh wait, there is a way and it's called oxidation.
So you legit don't know the difference between compounds and elements, good God German education is horrid.

It's obvious you have zero clue what you are talking about, and it's making your dribble painful to read.

Let me break it down for you retard style so you will understand.

>1. Gold in current form is stupid pure
>2. Gold is then melted by thief
>3. impurities added to gold by thief due to them not having a billion dollar lab
>4. Gold now has impurities
>5. Gold is now indistinguishable as the gold from the coin because of impurities.
You can't ID one stable element from another because they are all the exact same.

You can ID the particular mixture if it hasn't been tampered with, but once melted all bets are off because things will be added and lost, even unintentionally.
Try to learn some legit 4th grade chem before attempting to babble nonsense next time.

Wonder what religion they belong to. HmmMmM....

yes

Judaism

>rub his boner on it

I just wanted a more detailed explanation and that's exactly what you did now, thanks man

What you're saying is maybe the faggot that doesn't understand what anonymous means was right about being able to test the mixture. If they don't cut it with something, it's still going to be the purest gold or whatever.

>Beleaf
>Trust your remainer gold reserves to Berlinstan

I don't even...

You... you had a 100K gold coin just fucking sitting out in a way that it could be WALKED OUT THE DOOR?

What the FUCK is WRONG with you Goddamn cucks? You won't shut the fuck up about multiculturalism but you have no fucking clue what it actually means when it gets to you.

What gets me is it was probably muzzies. Our nice northern neighbor lady gives a gold cookie to Germany who's too busy being pc to take good care of it, and now it's going to fund some nice little death and destruction campaigns.

So Krauts leave free gold for the grabs to Islamic enrichers so they can enrich further...

It's like pottery, forget being white being muslim in Kraut-lands is the real privilege

Gold has it's own "DNA". If they know where that gold came from. I worked for mining company in Parkes NSW. If i stole a bar, melted down to mold it into nugget. Then tell everyone
That i found it near Perth. They could run tests and prove I got it from the mine in Parkes

If you're talking about gold isotopes, you could just toss in some gold jewelry and then suddenly it has a different ratio.

I wonder whose behind this heist.

If only they had put in RFID in it like the other coin

You can identify the mix even after tampering. The marker mix is often made out of a dozen or even more metals in a careful ratio. Even their isotopes makeup is controlled.

You simply can not get away with stealing that much gold, it was stolen for a collector, not for selling.

>canada's national treasure is a loonie that's worth a million loonies