Always have been spectic to christianity and religion in whole but now find myself slowly converting to christianity...

Always have been spectic to christianity and religion in whole but now find myself slowly converting to christianity, can you help me find the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html
washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/9/vatican-makes-history-pope-allows-islamic-prayers-/
youtube.com/watch?v=01qiEmrZTKw
justforcatholics.org/a48.htm
amazon.com/Apocrypha-King-James-Version/dp/0521506743/
no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibel_2011
bibel.no/~/link.aspx?_id=D5EF3E0C8D2A419EB1EE0D841E608801&_z=z
testofbelievers.com/video-in-jesus-name-we-expelled-19-spirits-from-this-sister-in-christ/
youtube.com/watch?v=iU5KxXTxOws
youtube.com/watch?v=xFpvKKmTF7c
youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI
ia601001.us.archive.org/1/items/BibleContra/bibleContra_big.pdf
contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=vpQ1-AGPysM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The love of Jesus is terrifying and wondrous. His love is as familiar as home, and as unknown as any deep mystery. I am not shitting you, man. He honest to God loves me and you and everyone. It is serious stuff, user. I wish I could put it in words. God bless you, man. If you talk to him and ask him to teach you the way, he will teach you the way. He promised this.

Jesus said, "The kingdom of the father is like a man who had good seed. His enemy came by night and sowed weeds among the good seed. The man did not allow them to pull up the weeds; he said to them, 'I am afraid that you will go intending to pull up the weeds and pull up the wheat along with them.' For on the day of the harvest the weeds will be plainly visible, and they will be pulled up and burned."

gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

Welcome home brother

I have a question. I have been sceptical to his existance, questioned him, is this an unforgivible action or not? I can only ask for forgivness.

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/9/vatican-makes-history-pope-allows-islamic-prayers-/

Stay out while you can

>unforgivible action
no such thing

I do believe that that pope is not a worthy one. there will always be a cucked one. Just look at him. Does he look like a someone whom Worships God?

The bible says there is only one unforgivable sin:

Matthew 12:30-32: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy. But the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit’."

Luke 12:8-10: "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is generally understood as being shown the truth directly by God Himself, but rejecting it and refusing to repent for your sins (as Satan did).

All other sins can be forgiven. God's mercy is limitless.

I have only questioned his existance since I have been raised around people who were not vocal about their believies. So I have never been able to think other than be oblivous as many others. I want to repent, so can I be forgiven.

Start listening to Common Filth and Mysterium Fasces.

Start reading authors like C.S Lewis and E. Michael Jones among others.

Be honest about the problems you see in the faith but don't fall into intersectional petty disputes.

God be with you.

Go to your local church.

God bless you user.

Thank you. The only thing is that I can not decide is between protestant ( the majority of christians in Norway is protestant so we have that as churches) is the way I want to go or catholism.

There is so only a small percentage of catholics in Norway, let alone churches, but I feel like protestants are just not that serious about their faith, to qiuet and that leads them to become to scepical and not loyal.

Read the bible and search your feelings user you'll know something to be true

Catholic and Orthodox bibles are unabridged; protestants removed several books from the bible because they disagreed with some of their beliefs. I'm not saying to pursue one or the other, but consider whether you want people who take their faith more seriously than removing books from the bible for convenience.

I have read parts of the bible recently, which is the reason why I am making this thread. So I can say that it helps me.

Also get the King James Version of the bible user it's one of the most unmolested versions

Listen to more Extol

youtube.com/watch?v=01qiEmrZTKw

That's good user, keep it up maybe join a church or research more about it pray nightly etc

The problem is not with Protestantism, but with Lutheranism

But isnt that a part of Protestantism? Or atleast a branch of it. And if so what are the major problems with it.

Leaning towards Catholism btw.

KJV is good, but if Norway-user's primary language isn't English he may have some trouble with it.

See my post here for my main issue with Lutherism, that extended to protestantism

>because they disagreed with some of their beliefs
that's a lie though
justforcatholics.org/a48.htm

Yeah, and I have the same issues with that which is why I am leaning towards catholism or othrodox but it is such a small minority in Norway so finding communities will be difficult.

And also I might want to read King James version of the bible, not only to extdend my knowlegde og the bible but also to improve my english skills in writings and reading.

KJV is not current English so it would not help you become better at English per se, though using it alongside learning English (looking things up as you go along) would indeed help.

Most KJVs don't come with the removed books; if you have Amazon over there you can get them standalone, like this amazon.com/Apocrypha-King-James-Version/dp/0521506743/

That was the only argument that is left, I mean. Hebrew and Jewish provenance mean little to me as a Christian, especially since they found a lot of these books among the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew anyway.

I would recommend you to start with Matthew and work your way through the four first books all telling of Jesus and his life.

By the time you have finished John you have a very good insight into who God is.

Oh and user, don't worry about not being forgiven. Everyone will be if they ask to be, pay close attention to not witholding anything from God though because he has already seen whatever you choose to not tell him.

Be honest with yourself and bring forth whatever is on your mind, even if by a silent prayer.

God bless you

Amazon and Norway don't usally get along with the shipping and so on but I can try and find on the uk version if they have it there.

Takk, I will take that advise.

And God bless you too.

Before getting into Christianity, there is one thing that you need to remember.

This is the most important part of the bible:

>And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

This is Jesus clearly spelling out his ultimate goal and plan for mankind.
He wasn't establishing just a simple "faith". No. He was establishing a church.
By handing the keys of heaven to Saint Peter, he tasked him with building up a church, and to pass the keys of heaven down through the ages.

And you know what the amazing thing is? Two thousand years after this intimate exchange between Jesus and the beloved disciple, the church built on Peter the Rock still stands today. And the successors of Peter still continue the mission. The one, holy, catholic and apostolic church was the church established by Jesus himself.

Do not be fooled by people who try to tell you that you don't need Jesus' church, and that humanity only needs the "scriptures alone" or "faith alone" or "grace alone". This is borne from hubris. How can all that is written in a single book or the simple act of faith alone be all there is to salvation? It can't capture the Holy Spirit of the church.

The above passage is unambiguous. Come in to God's one, undivided church.

After looking around, this version seems like a good Norwegian translation:

no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibel_2011

Electronic versions here: bibel.no/~/link.aspx?_id=D5EF3E0C8D2A419EB1EE0D841E608801&_z=z

Thank you, I will take a look at this one. And tank you for taking your time to find these things, I really apreaciate it.

This is a great website.

Watch and listen to videos of deliverances and exorcisms, its legit. I5s very bare bones, its very good. Listen to this audio for the first 10 minutes.

testofbelievers.com/video-in-jesus-name-we-expelled-19-spirits-from-this-sister-in-christ/

As he says, a real Christian renounces the world, and can remove demons via Christ as Christ promised, and demons are super common. Commit yourself to God and do his deliverance prayer on yourself.

Dont listen to fools that think that Christianity isnt supernatural, ot requires faith, not pure reason, but with it comes miracles like deliverance.

Good luck and God bless!

So swearing? That's pretty weird, why is swearing worse than murder?

Dont choose Catholicism, as the guy above mentioning deliverance. As a former occultist who has contacted demons and now found Christ, I,can tell you in my experience the vast majority of Catholic priests dont really believe in demons. They are faithless, spellbound by their traditions and beautiful churches. People who cant fathom an organization that claims to be a one stop shop for truth based on a shoddy bible verse got things so wrong. In the aposotolic age exorcism was quick, and common. The catholic church bending to modernists locks it away, and their exorcisms are complete shit shows, God's way of saying they dun goofd. I have a very catholic friend who legit has heard stories of a fly coming out of someones mouth. Many Catholic exorcists are truly God driven people, but you never hear of people coughing up nails in Protestant deliverances. There is just little pop culture knowledge that there is a big deliverance movement.

Also, there is no conception of a difference between baptism, and receiving the holy spirit to do signs and wonders as seen in acts.

Listen to that audio, if the Catholic church was the monopoly on the church, a guy who fasts and reads his KJV shouldt be able to do skype exorcisms where demons manifest and speak. There are good Catholics, but its mostly a bloat of meaningless ritual. The whole idea that Jesus's true church would have such a bloat as canon law, and needing to take a class to get confirmed is ludicrous.

Amen

Important thing about the bible:
It's outline include:
> History of God's chosen people (NOT world history)
>Instructions
>and the prophecy
>Genesis 1,2,3 are in parables so do not take it literally

find your way in what way, to truth or to christianity?
if the latter, i suggest hitting your head.

>tfw you begin to swallow the hermetic pill

i'm falling down the rabbit hole fast, lads

I would love to, user. Check out pick related. Those are the names of the fathers of who begat sons who begat sons all the way to jesus. Adam fathered Seth who fathered Enosh etc. Look at the sentence their names form. It's a herald of jesus. There are all kinds of crazy, humanly impossible symbolism and patterns in the bible like this.

2 minute video in case that doesn't quite make sense: youtube.com/watch?v=iU5KxXTxOws

Here is proof of the Sodom & Gomorrah event
youtube.com/watch?v=iU5KxXTxOws

Here is where the Ark of Noah landed
youtube.com/watch?v=xFpvKKmTF7c

Proof that the jews were on mount sinai and that god descended in a pillar of fire (the top is too this day still blackened and burnt)
youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI

>still believing in Jesus

>Stories of God's chosen people (NOT world history)
>Instructions nobody follows or takes seriously
>A whole lot of guesses, some of which are correct
>And a boatload of other bullshit so do not take it literally

fixed it for you.

>Mystery of the bible:
> Mystery of the O.T. => Jesus Coll 1:25
Pharisees do not teach mystery of O.T
Jews do not know mystery of O.T
Mystery of N.T=> Rev 1:20 7 stars, 7 golden lampstand......and Rv 17:7 woman,beast (7 head and 10 horns)

You can learn about the wonders of Christianity here: ia601001.us.archive.org/1/items/BibleContra/bibleContra_big.pdf

You have to zoom in a shit ton and the text does become readable. I don't think that it covers every bible contradiction, but it sure as fuck is comprehensive.

Why are you in this thread?

Surely there are a dozen of other ones in need of your wisdom.

What is the point of coming here other than trolling?

I was once like you, thinking that my way was better, that I was oh so smart. But really there is no point in coming to threads like this trying to make yourself seem better.

I could ask you guys why you are on this board And im not trying to make MYSELF look better, im trying to help people realise how silly religions and religious thinking are, you know make the world a better place for the future because im not a selfish prick.

>Commit crime.
>Go to jail.
>Find Jesus there.
>Profit.

Read Meister Eckhart.
The Penguin 'Selected Writings' is a good place to start. Even for somebody with no faith. The hardest part is simply wrestling with the introductions concepts of God, the Father-Son dynamic and it's idea of Oneness (God) and the multiplicity of everything from the Oneness.
For medieval Christian Philosophy it's surprisingly open and warm. Not that I'm an expert or anything but it's not what I expected from something written roughly around the time of the inquisitions.

Religion is a political matter and if we want your opinion on how silly religion is we will ask for it.

For the record the fall of religion has not done our society any favors.

>Psalm 73:22 describes you pretty well...finny

>Religion is a political matter and if we want your opinion on how silly religion is we will ask for it.
Sorry Sup Forums isnt your safespace, there are religious sites where you can discuss and i will not follow you.

>For the record the fall of religion has not done our society any favors.
in the scientific community it has but i can see what you mean, i can also see that its because people are fighting to keep it. Especially people in power, there are no better legal tools to control people, keep them afraid and tell them they will go to heaven if they behave and hell if they dont, its brilliant.

Exactly. Religion is the fondation to civilasation, or atleast the wester civilasation. And removing the fundation will only make the structure collapse.

Also remember god isn't a robot, he isn't sitting there waiting for you to sin 1 over the required for heaven, just read the bible when ever you are bored and if you catch yourself sinning, acknowledge it, ask for forgiveness and be thankful for everything for it comes from god :) It can be tough at times but you just gotta remember hes cheering you on, welcome home brother

>didn't open it, but i bet it's sam harris' groups dumb meme with the big red arches that was just a recolor of an infographic that showed where the bible references itself

all those """""contradictions"""" from the SAB have been refuted here:
contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/

don't be afraid brother.
pray and you'll know that Jesus is the Logos and the Truth made flesh through your mortal vessel.

If you tink that the majority of Sup Forums is atheist or agnostic then you are very wrong, and I did not ask for your help. But if you want to trigger yourself by staying in this thread then " Du er hjertelig velkommen"

>in the scientific community it has

the scientific community today:
>there are 47 genders
>some men are born with vaginas
>race is a social construct

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

Yahweh got drunk one night and raped this chick named Mary. He had to come up with an excuse the morning after (not wanting to just kill the baby like all the Egyptian kids he murdered), so he decided to pardon all of humanity for the sins that he made them with by having some Romans / Jews kill himself.

No.

"no" what?

youtube.com/watch?v=vpQ1-AGPysM

>Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is generally understood as being shown the truth directly by God Himself, but rejecting it and refusing to repent for your sins (as Satan did).

from what i understand it's coming to terms with something like the OP is experiencing but denying it rather than embracing it and seeking forgiveness

in some sense i suppose this could be considered swearing the holy spirit but not in the way you think

>tfw a whole religion is based around Joseph getting cucked

if that was the case, then to whom is Isaiah 53 refering to?

That lamb looks cozy as fuck desu

Would've switched places with the lamb desu

>why is swearing worse than murder?
It's not worse per se. The point is that it's unforgivable. Short version: what is required for forgiveness to occur? Repentance on the part of the offender and a willingness on the part of the offended to let it go. Without that willingness to repent (usually articulated as in some fully-informed state as has been mentioned), whatever God might do wouldn't qualify as forgiveness. And since such people effectively don't want to be with God in favor of something incompatible with that state, God obliges.

from someone who was very skeptical for the longest time, was on a quest for truth and eventually lead right back into the church, you'll find christianitiy to be the deepest religion out there, precisely because you will get to a point in your faith you realize it -is- true, just that we have so many distortions of it or are programmed to be skeptical from the media that some things seem impossible or create mindsets within us that want us to NOT believe.

but if you walk down the path, you'll never be happier and you will watch your whole life change. I've met so many people who genuinely changed from it that used to be very bad people and that was when my eyes first began to open and say "there really must be something here. these people have actually changed for the better and they're genuine."

my only advice is, don't be saddened if you ask difficult questions and many people cannot answer. The answers ARE out there, but mostly in books from Theologians, which most people do not bother reading anymore sadly, so there is this false narrative that we don't know things when actually the majority of the most difficult questions have already been answered.

For answers to difficult questions, read St Thomas Aquinas and St Augustine. Dante is also good, his Divine Comedy answers a ton of questions through out it on humanity and what is happening in the universe, especially in the last book Paradiso.

Christianity is a huge, beautiful journey and the craziest thing is that it seems dull from the outside. but you'll watch your mind and life completely transform. good luck my brother and welcome home!

As a protestant, i just say do not let a man tell you what is right and wrong. Truth is in the book, so there honestly isnt much room for a pope so I can see. God does speak to you and he does so just fine without him. And personally unleavened bread seems much more delicious. Always a treat at church as you think of your own sin and it as the strong body of christ. Otherwise, many catholic beliefs are good ones. I have nothing against catholics, nor should any protestant.

this may help understand about it more
>read colossians 1:25

Jesus ties his belt in a granny? WTF I hate Christianity now!

>pay close attention to not witholding anything from God though because he has already seen whatever you choose to not tell him.

I don't understand this... How do you withhold, if he already knows?

God wants you to come to him, to freely confess all that burdens you.

A somewhat accurate analogy;
>You break your mother's favorite vase
>You are the only child
>You hope your parents will believe it fell over by itself
>They already know you did it and would much rather you admit you did it
>You can either live in denial and have your spirit gradually suffer or have your slate wiped clean.

God works in the same way.

>Matthew 11:28-30