Money

Which country has the best coinage in the world, and why is it the United Kingdom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zYPkH8gPDps
youtube.com/watch?v=oXEHA6-5J-M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>used to be round but already pre-clipped by our jews!

Love coin collecting my dude. I love sovereigns and I plan to save for my old age using them.

I have four of those and I'm kicking myself for not buying one per month since 2002

smart.jpg

I have a pretty rad coin collection. I fucking love my assorted two pound and fifty pence coins. I refuse to spend them.

>Peter Rabbit currency
Just another perfect day in England.

youtube.com/watch?v=zYPkH8gPDps

I would say we did but they're trying to put a nigger on our currency now so it's not us.

That's some fucking Exodia shit right there.

Thoughts on the new Pound coin that entered circulation today?

>posted intro in-stead of outro
FGSFDS

youtube.com/watch?v=oXEHA6-5J-M

Those are fucking sweet. Cool as fuck.

Tfw i have rare coins. I might post pics

Have you got the coomplete commemorative set of olympic coins desu?

Dat comfy carefree all white childhood in the country, all being destroyed.
Dem feels.

Hastings cycled England. They still celebrate their subservience to foreign power.

Still happy we are issuing currency.

Same, I have an old Beano pencil tin rattling around.

I worked in a shop as a teen, saw load of those Kew Garden Pagoda 50p coins, didn't realise how tiny the circulation was.

The other cool thing is the coins from the British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies, they're technically pegged to the Pound rather than GBP but you see the odd one about. God knows how a £1 coin from Saint Helena made it to a Greggs in Blyth.

NEEEEAAAAWWWWW....

BOOOM

Underrated.

kek

We get new coins today.

our coins make a nice shield
It's still jew shit, though.

>Inflation before everything just became make-believe

That takes me back Goys

>Special coinage to mark the 950th anniversary.
I am sympathetic to your general premise, OP, but this is retarded.

Why? All I see is a pentagram.

Why is the battle of Hastings there? That was when England was cucked by Vikings'

Heres a few on my camera roll

kek

Because the Normans became English and cucked the French

Dunno what the fuck this is. Its bigger, heavier and thiccer than a normal 50 p coin

£5 coin

I actually had the skull one a few weeks back, was going to keep it because it looked so cool but ended up spending it on a pint.

It's an old style 50p. The 5p used to be bigger too not long ago.

They become English by force, not sure why Anglos see it as a win for them ...

They ruled England and became English over time

They have chips in them that the intelligence agencies are going to use to track us.

Seriously.

Im guessing 1973 is when we joined the eec?

You mug, that period was the end of Viking rule in Britain.

King Harold Godwinson defeated Harald Hardrada at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, then had to force-march his army 270 miles in a fortnight to Hastings where William became the Conqueror.

The Normans were descended from norsemen but they were very different at that time.

That's the old 50p. I remember them, it was LOTS bigger, heavier and thiccer - when the new current ones came out everyone thought they were milk bottle tops. Babby money

Battle of Falkands 1914

We Eternal Anglos just cannot be stopped

Get a proper box or case for those lad they will end up getting scratched.

t. concerned conservator

The true "Brits" are the Celtic types of Wales and Cornwall. Everyone else over history has been an invader and we're a blend of all of it.

What does all this writing mean?

>only have Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle
>the worst one
>twice

It's not fair.

Best bullion coin, too

Meh

Which are the non-meme coins to buy from the Royal Mint? Ones that will be good investments

>Why is it the UK
Because of the pretty shapes.

Nope

we has a duck on our coin XD

It's a fucking loon please never joke about that

That's such a static, uninspired design though.

>Why is it The united Cuckdom?

It's not.

>Just a bird

These

Fuck I haven't seen these before.

I think czech money is nice

This one is pretty nice.

Cumbria is more Celtic than Cornwall...

Rex means King, So it's basically George IV - IND-IMP I think means Imperial India? Not sure.

>static

A coin of yours got stolen in Germany not long ago didn't it?

Gold Sovereigns, any size

GEORGIVS V D.G.BRITT:OMN:REX F.D.IND:IMP:

GEORGIVS V: George the Fifth,
D.G. (Dei Gratia): By the Grace of God,
BRITT:OMN:REX (Britanniarum Omnium Rex): King of all Britons
F. D. (Fidei Defensor): Defender of the Faith,
IND:IMP (Indiae Imperator): Emperor of India

Anyone else have this one?

>All current coins carry a Latin inscription whose full form is ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA FIDEI DEFENSATRIX, meaning "Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen and Defender of the Faith". The inscription appears on the coins in any of several abbreviated forms, typically ELIZABETH II D G REG F D.

So I imagine on George V's coin there, Ind Imp is Emperor of India, not sure about Omn Rex other than "Rex" being ruler of course.

Latin is ugly yet a powerful language.. Weird.

Cool. But Georgivs?

Dude, I appreciate patriotism, but that boring depiction of a man-jawed Liberty cannot compare to how cool the lion looks in my post. They should have at least depicted Liberty as being beautiful.
Now, if you were smart you would have posted the only bullion coin that comes close (possibly beating it, actually), which would be the first Elemental Privateer round.

The shape "v" is a "u" in latin script

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_V

Feels fatherless, man

It says 50 pence on it. It's safe to say it's a 50 pence piece.
10p's and 5p's used to be massive as well as being the same, essentially, as the old 1 shilling and 2 shilling pieces

t. Born in the 70's

Have you help any of those coins? They feel like they're made of tin - abnormally light

It's not the bird but what it stands for.

One can have the grandest fucking design but still remain a country of dickless immigrants' sex slaves.

I don't know why he posted the ugliest one.

>t. Born in the 70's
Off to the Dignitas clinic you go!

I love Nazi Germany and all, but purely on aesthetics you have to admit we have you beat here Hans

Georgivs is a George in Latin. I would pronounce it "George-ee-us", but I've got no evidence ancient Rome had the name, much less how they pronounced it.

Don't get mad, sweetie. I was only stating my subjective opinion on the design of a coin from more than half a century ago. No need to get salty, honey-pie.

It's nice you're a patriot but that design is dull and boring to look at imo

Yes, i noticed.
I held the one in the picture. It's mine.

I love the Exodia coins

It would be "Georgeous", get it? Huh? GET IT?

Where's Mike Pence

In my day you'd have been sent to bed with no knightrider or jaffa cakes for that kind of backchat, have some respect y little shit!

They got pissed about the tities and added chainmail the following year.

Yes, British coinage is propably the best around.

And this design died way too soon.

Sorry.

Modern British coinage looks horrific. The old seated Britannia is beautiful though.

The new 1 pound looks nice though.

The invader of 1066 were french not viking or scandinavian shit.
All the medieval aritocraty of englel were french until the end of the Wars of the Roses.
And they not cucked the french but were cucked by the Capetian who take all there land in france.