Why is 9/11 so important to americans?

Look here at this image:

It shows the number of killed during conflicts.

Look there at 9/11 at the far left bottom, almost no height is given to the graph.

The significance is where to be found?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bHT_gcqj64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Never Forget the Gungan Revolt

are you actually attempting to minimize the deaths of innocent people

The only one that matter is the 6 million fuck off racists

youtube.com/watch?v=3bHT_gcqj64

They are psychollogically soft and thus overly emotional.

You are talking about a nation who has experienced its last true domestic hardship in 1865. Such a long peace period creates stated kind of people.

Life is cheap and individual is in no way more important than the wider community he belongs to . They have yet to realize that.

Maybe because more people died in 9/11 than in Pearl Harbor, need I remind you that after that attack US entered WW2. One would think that war in terror is quite measured response compared to that.

(casualties * duration) - (time happen ago*10)

This
Everything else is =0 deaths

We laugh when our kids get their heads blown off. You premise is flawed

>Attack on civilian and military personnel by airplanes
>two skyscrapers completely destroyed, killing 3,000 people

Because warfare changed

you forgot it was your own government who either did it or at the very least allowed it to happen

Part of it is that these were civilian deaths, not soldier deaths.

yeah never even really been bombed

>leaf
nuke leafland now.

Saudi Arabia did 9/11

and people in the US probably knew about it

Fixed

When do we invade the leafs?

6 million my asshole

Pic related

Dumb ass, why do Jews care so much about the Holocaust? Why do Armenians care so much about the Armenian genocide? Why do Cambodians care so much about Khmer Rouge? Because those things happened to them. Believe it or not, most well adjusted people feel a certain kinship to their fellow countrymen above foreigners and that is a natural and healthy thing.

What else irrelevant can we add here?

>more reasons why Americans think 9/11 is important

Pretty much this. Americans like to pretend our violent crime doesn't exist, so when we're forced to see it on a larger scale domestically it damages the "We're Number One" ego.

>holocaust
>6 million
Oy vey!

This is nothing compared to the billions and billions more deaths from natural causes. We should seek vengeance for those poor souls too.

This thread has been done many times on this board and it always gets a fair answer.
Why's a picture of one man on the moon stirring? Or a picture of a man with a serene expression as he's consumed by fire?
These are the images that capture what is happening in a country and shape the views of entire generations. Boomers had the moon landing. gen x'ers had a few (Tianamen Square, the collapse of the Berlin wall, etc.). Millennials had 9/11. It marked the beginning of these troubling, angsty times. Everyone was violently alerted to the fact that things are not so great and that the government is trying to hide it.
No matter how fancy your skyscraper is, a plane can crash through it at any moment, killing you through no fault of your own.

Because the TV says so

Because in the publics eyes it wasn't part of the plan

I disagree with this graph, the First First World War wasn't as bad as the Second First World War.

Since i read Sup Forums, i noticed IQ of average canadian is >80.