Sup Forums I need answers here

Sup Forums I need answers here.

Coming from a Lutheran, how could you despise Lutheranism?

Martin Luther literally went up against what was becoming a monetized superpower and succeeded in creating, in my opinion, a sane branch of the church

>pointed out the bullshit in indulgences
>pointed out the bullshit in Purgatory
>nailed the 95 Theses to the Catholic Church like an alpha

Someone help a knee grow out with a quick rundown on why Luther wasn't one of the most badass people in history

Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8C6E641820DB83B3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Martin Luther is based. I say this as a Catholic. His Church today is full of cucks. The Catholic Church is full of cucks too, but I'd say both were worth being a part of at some point in history.

>Coming from a Lutheran, how could you despise Lutheranism?
What synod?
Because I despise the fuck out of the ELCA
t. Missouri Synod

Bump I really fucking need answers

Missouri Synod is the best

Missouri Synod
>best synod

Luther is indeed a great man and great defender of our people. He single handedly helped put off our present shitstorm for several centuries. Literally wrote the book on Jewish lies to boot

Catholicism is pathetic atm, grow a pair faggot you don't need Sup Forums for validation

Literally Judaism on steroids kys heretic

Not even close, senpai

I actually really like Martin Luther, but modern protestants are degenerate and most likely brainwashed by Jews. Luther would be ashamed

>sane branch of the church
>Sane
>Church
See what I did there, cunt?

>my ID is mum

he was an anti-semitic bigot. any reasonable person knows Israel and the Catholic Church are our greatest allies.

>Missouri synod

Took words out of a sentence and greentext?

LCMS here. WELS is fine too though.

>antisemite
He had a problem with their theology, not with their race

I'm amazed the butthurt Catholics haven't joined yet

All Praise Tetzel

>purgatory is not in the bible

You sure?
Sheol beneath is stirred up
to meet you when you come;
it rouses the shades to greet you,
all who were leaders of the earth;
it raises from their thrones
all who were kings of the nations.
All of them will answer
and say to you:
‘You too have become as weak as we!
You have become like us!’
Your pomp is brought down to Sheol,
the sound of your harps;
maggots are laid as a bed beneath you,
and worms are your covers.

They shall fall amid those who are slain by the sword. Egypt[d] is delivered to the sword; drag her away, and all her multitudes. 21 The mighty chiefs shall speak of them, with their helpers, out of the midst of Sheol: ‘They have come down, they lie still, the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’...1 “When Pharaoh sees them, he will be comforted for all his multitude, Pharaoh and all his army, slain by the sword, declares the Lord God. 32 For I spread terror in the land of the living; and he shall be laid to rest among the uncircumcised, with those who are slain by the sword, Pharaoh and all his multitude, declares the Lord God.”

HUH FUNNY THAT

>muh indulgences

Every house has a shlomo

>muh 95 thesis
what about Lutherans denying free will and siding with Ottomans over Catholickings that did not persecute them or cause themany trouble?

>trying to pay his way to become Archbishop of Mainz

They don't know their history OP.

and Jesuit infiltrators have complete taken over the mainstream Protestant derivatives and are being absorbed into the greater Catholic Borg.

The Papal Echelon, the Catholic "Universal" Church is well on their way to establishing the ecumenical one world antichrist religion.

Just keep yourself fixed on bible study and prayer, conform your mind & behavior to the ethical standard of God which is the 10 commandments.

This board is an idolatrous Kek & Babylonian Catholic board with mass confusion permeating every christian thread.

His best quote was definitely "As soon as the gold in the casket rings, the rescued soul to heaven springs"

>doesn't even cite what he quoted
The apocrypha doesn't count. Even St. Jerome thought it was fake

How is catholicism complex?
>get baptised as a child
>confess
>straight to heaven

In protestanshitsm you have to read the entire bible and pray all day, also recognize that jews are g-ds chosen people and donate to Rabbi Shlomo

>Lutheran
Kek

Because he created a non-Christian religion where autistic weirdos can shitpost whatever retarded thing they want and go "IT'S SUPPORTED BY MY INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE" despite being unordained. This is why America is full of philosemitic weirdos.

>because a denomination is the same as a church
Catholics actually think this

muh citation needed
Get backto plebbit

Do you think thatcameout of my ass?

its Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 32moron

Getting to laugh at Lucife while calling him a cuck and hanging with your goy friends isn'ta bad way to go

>including the apocrypha into the Bible
Heretic

>taking the kek meme seriously

Read Luther's writings and compare it to what modern Lutheran churches publish -- they don't resemble Luther's thoughts whatsoever.

Jesuit mafia openly brags about infiltrating and corrupting Protestant sects
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8C6E641820DB83B3

Christianity only remains as a remnant
Babylonian papists are Pagan in everything but name

You have it wrong. In Protestantism all you need to do is pretend to believe in Jesus and maybe go to church once a decade and it's all good cause you used Jesus's name at least 3 times in your life so you get a free ride to heaven. Catholicism you actually need to try and work on your spiritual being in order to reach the pearly gates. Protestants still use an event that occurred 500 years ago to defend dumbing down religion to suit their lazy asses.

>implying Sheol isn't Hell
>implying the Jews had the concept of purgatory

>what about Lutherans denying free will
This happened
>and siding with Ottomans over Catholickings
This did not happen.

In fact the first confessional statement of the Lutherans beings as follows

>Most Invincible Emperor, Caesar Augustus, Most Clement Lord: Inasmuch as Your Imperial Majesty has summoned a Diet of the Empire here at Augsburg to deliberate concerning measures against the Turk, that most atrocious, hereditary, and ancient enemy of the Christian name and religion, in what way, namely, effectually to withstand his furor and assaults by strong and lasting military provision; and then also concerning dissensions in the matter of our holy religion and Christian Faith, that in this matter of religion the opinions and judgments of the parties might be heard in each other's presence; and considered and weighed among ourselves in mutual charity, leniency, and kindness, in order that, after the removal and correction of such things as have been treated and understood in a different manner in the writings on either side, these matters may be settled and brought back to one simple truth and Christian concord, that for the future one pure and true religion may be embraced and maintained by us, that as we all are under one Christ and do battle under Him, so we may be able also to live in unity and concord in the one Christian Church.

You don't know the depths of autism apparently.

The point is the second you abandon church authority then "sola scripture" becomes a license to make the Bible say anything you want it to.

Also I'm Orthodox so I don't really care about whatever the Catholics are doing.

And by the way these are pagan heathan scum that went around pillaging one nation to the next, Ezekiel32 makes that clear especially, and yet they don't really suffer to much. They aren't the ones that are going to get the wrath of God so much, itll be Babylon and Satan

What's synad?

>implying the Church fathers didn't see the Bible as their basis
>implying the fathers agreed on everything
>implying the fathers are infallible demigods

Funny fact
Martin Luther wanted back in the Catholic Church

Hell used to mean just underworld in english
Not just "bad place"

DO YOU EVEN KNOW JEW RUNES???
WOW

>>pointed out the bullshit in indulgences
This is precisely what's going on with "I fly first class all over the world but I buy carbon offset credits"

You're on the internet. Look it up yourself

Catholics and Lutherans voted for Trump together. Now someone wants to drive a wedge... I wonder who that could be.

>still implying the Jews had the concept of purgatory

He's not implying any of that, but there is an unmatched value in a revealed tradition that Protestantism simply has no claim to, as a deviation which occurred more than after the tradition was born. An Orthodox or a Catholic can claim that he belongs to a revealed tradition - Protestant cannot.

these threads are futile OP
everyone is settled in what they think and to even have a good conversation you'd need to type out essays worth of detailed & cited content
it just decays into a sport where everyone supports their respective team

Anglicans claim to descend from that tradition
>inb4 gay marriage and female priests
Look up the global south

thog not care

Wat

While Daniel does say "Ressurection of everlasting life or shame." up until that point it was accepted that after you die, unless you were a real SOB, youll probably just get quiet time.
Unless you were good to the Lord then you go to Abraham's Bosom, this is before Jesus came there.

Even Enoch states that Sheol has several different parts of it, with different sections for different types of people

>Catholicism you actually need to try and work on your spiritual being in order to reach the pearly gates.

If you think that, then you have a very modernist idea of what constitutes works. Works at the time of Luther mostly consisted of attending masses, visiting relics, regimens of devotional prayers, commissioning of masses (and I'm not talking putting on a church service, I'm talking about having some monk perform the consecration of the Eucharist on some side altar in a chapel repeatedly), and even wearing pieces of clothing like pic related. The big work that really was considered a guarantee of salvation was joining a monastic order.

The book of Enoch isn't authoritative. The Jews never believed in it, therefore the apostles never believed in it, ergo the earliest Christians didn't believe in it

That's a very good analogy.

First of all, denominations don't matter. Consider that in the laws handed down by God, the tribute required to atone for sacrifice was the blood of an animal, without defect. Okay? So that's cause and effect. Sin requires a payment.

By Gods own rules, man must atone for his sins, with blood. The variance of that blood payment depends on the nature of the sin committed.

Again, playing by Gods own rules, sending a human man, inhabited by the glory and spirit of God in Jesus Christ, would cover the sins of mankind. But only if a blood sacrifice was made. Jesus said that only through him salvation could be found.

So consider then that if that sacrifice (which follows Gods own rules), was not enough to completely atone for a confessors sins, then why bother? What is the point of the cross and of the resurrection of Christ, if man must continue to strive and perform works to keep his salvation?

It's simply not logical or theological. It denies the power of the cross, the divinity of God and ignores the rules that God himself has played by since sin entered the world.

Furthermore, God doesn't say anywhere that man should live like they have carte blanche and do whatever they want. Christians are still called to a life of holiness and sanctification. Not because we need it to save ourselves, but because it's right and commanded by God, but also because it sets us apart in the world and demonstrates to others how we live. As Jesus said, we will be known by our fruit - our actions, our deeds, and our examples.

This argument over demonstrations and traditions and pointless. The cross is sufficient because it is freely given by God to those would accept it. God is mighty enough that we need not lean on anything else but the blood of Jesus, sacrificed ONCE FOREVER, for salvation.

All else is religion - a false idol propagated by fallen men for their own purposes.

Yes it was Jude quoted from it and every Shlomo and his rabbi loved it too, and every Church Father and his shlomos loved it too and THEY ALL RECOMENDED IT

You moron its one of the most revered books in the history of the Church

The one big reason it didn't become canon is they couldn't prove that Enoch really wrote it but they believed he did

I ALSO quoted Isaiah and Ezekiel there's no way that's Hell, it's just some goyim getting a time out. You call that hell? Get the hell outta here

>the Jews never believed in it.
Just remembered about the dead sea scrolls, but that wasn't mainstream Judaism. it wasn't written by Enoch, and if it was true, why would God let them throw it away so quickly

>Someone help a knee grow out with a quick rundown on why Luther wasn't one of the most badass people in history

>“Suppose I should counsel the wife of an impotent man, with his consent, to giver herself to another, say her husband’s brother, but to keep this marriage secret and to ascribe the children to the so-called putative father. The question is: Is such a women in a saved state? I answer, certainly"

>they all liked it in a certain era, so it MUST be true
>implying Jude wasn't trying to make a point
That's the only time in canon that it was cited

It turned into faggotry

Enoch is only held as canon by the Ethiopians. Gtfo

Classical Lutheranism is probably the soundest Protestant the theology but modern mainstream churches make them look bad. While the popular Missouri Synod doesn't look too convincing there's still the Laestadian and the Moravian churches.
It'd be great if there were such a thing as a traditionalist Protestant church with eastern styles.

>But the woman is free through the divine law and cannot be compelled to suppress her carnal desires. Therefore the man ought to concede her right and give up to somebody else the wife who is his only in outward appearance.
Was Luther the first feminist?

You forgot the part where it was the most revered book in the history of the Church next to cannon and 1 Clement and Shepherd of Hermas

Silly Goy why don't you try rebuking the Scriptures?

Martin Luther was a Catholic saint. God bless his soul.

Church Fathers found it moslty if not completely accurate
as did the Jews

AAAnd I QUOTED ISAIAH AND EZEKIEL

Because he was wrong on baptismal regeneration. You don't baptize babies. That's retarded.

ahead of his time.

Jerome denied it

>being a christcuck at all
Kek

One out of the majority

refute scripture

Until they saw that it was bullshit. Then they doubted Jude because he reference it.

>the one who translated the vulgate is wrong about scripture
And you claim to be catholic
>defending the Ethiopian canon

Enoch has been testified to be truthful for OVER 2000 GODAMN YEARS AT LEAST

AND THEY ALL AGREE BOTH THE JEWS AND CHRISTINS AGREED ENOCH WAS TOTALLY FUCKING RIGHT

UNTIL YOU SAP CAME ALONG

BECAUSE IT DOEST FIT YOUR NARRATIV

WELL TOUGH LUCK 99% OF THE CHURCH DISAGREES WITH YOU
\
DONT DISS ENOCH YOU PROTESTANT CVCK SCUM

Baptist succession is even stupider

Assuming OP is real? Do some research. All men have sin. Catholic doctrine is the best. Stop trying to compromise in the hopes that you'll come up with something that will usurp Universal Apostolic Truth. Also, Missouri Synod is aging to death, just like Germany. There's a reason it went Bach-Beethoven-Strauss-Hitler-Das Cuck

Hey I didn't say it was scripture
I said the book is correct

The issue wasn't if the book was wrong
the issue was if it was written by Enoch
Nobody denied that the author was wrong

Kek
you get Pharisees and Christians in a room and the only people who disagree with enoch are the pagans and saducees

Do you see this miracle here?

>it's not in the Canon but it's true
Your bait is so obvious it hurts

Sheol beneath is stirred up
to meet you when you come;
it rouses the shades to greet you,
all who were leaders of the earth;
it raises from their thrones
all who were kings of the nations.
All of them will answer
and say to you:
‘You too have become as weak as we!
You have become like us!’
Your pomp is brought down to Sheol,
the sound of your harps;
maggots are laid as a bed beneath you,

They shall fall amid those who are slain by the sword. Egypt[d] is delivered to the sword; drag her away, and all her multitudes. 21 The mighty chiefs shall speak of them, with their helpers, out of the midst of Sheol: ‘They have come down, they lie still, the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’...1 “When Pharaoh sees them, he will be comforted for all his multitude, Pharaoh and all his army, slain by the sword, declares the Lord God. 32 For I spread terror in the land of the living; and he shall be laid to rest among the uncircumcised, with those who are slain by the sword, Pharaoh and all his multitude, declares the Lord God.”

Isaiah 14 AND Ezekiel 32
Imreposting it so we don't get off track

>did not worship gods of the Northern Realm.

That everyone today says it only has historical value, and other than that it's a forgery?

No seriously
the Church didn't leaveit out because it was WRONG
They agreed with it

They left it out because of who supposedily wrot the book
they couldntprove it

Its protocol
No signature for the deed

Shame

It sure is

>You have it wrong. In Protestantism all you need to do is pretend to believe in Jesus and maybe go to church once a decade and it's all good cause you used Jesus's name at least 3 times in your life so you get a free ride to heaven. Catholicism you actually need to try and work on your spiritual being in order to reach the pearly gates. Protestants still use an event that occurred 500 years ago to defend dumbing down religion to suit their lazy asses.
>This is what catholics beleive

Transsubstantiation is infallible.

I can swap Sheol and Hell and it makes more sense than purgatory.

I think Enoch wroteit
Most people actually do
tradition states that Enoch wrote it
Most of the great men say it was at least correct

AT LEAST

Not to mention it was all the rage backin Jesus's timein Judea to be into the Book of Enoch

Well-spoken Jeeves.

How can you even get purgatory out of that?

>maggots are laid as a bed beneath you,

seems to me you just rot in your grave

>Being a limp dicked old man or homosexual
>Marrying fertile pussy and letting it go to waste because you can't fulfill your duty
Don't enter into a marriage you can't consummate!

>Whaaa, my wife cucked me because my dick doesn't work
Yeah, you shouldn't have married her in the first place.

I just like watching people argue

Sheol doesn't mean hell
It's translated into the word "Hades" in Greek
If it was "hell" as you use it then they'd use the word "Tartarus" which was a place of hellish punishment in Greek afterlife

1 or 2 Peter uses the word Tartarus
Hades is used elsewher in Spetuagint and New testament in reference to "place dead pepole go unless you are a saint after Jesus brought you to heaven above"

(You)

Fixed that for you senpai
BREAK THE CONDITIONING