Dubai Firm Plans to Hang Skyscraper from Asteroid

Why can't America have based building projects?

This is all over the news.

"New York City-based design firm Clouds Architecture Office has plans to build a skyscraper that would hang down from the sky suspended by air cables attached to an asteroid, making it the world’s tallest building. As dezeen learned, the supertall, dubbed Analemma Tower, would not be built on Earth but instead have a “space-based” foundation. Each day, the tower, which would be constructed over Dubai, would travel between the northern and southern hemispheres, with the slowest part of the tower’s trajectory occurring over New York City."

What do you guys think of this new viral sensation?
nbcnews.com/mach/space/firm-floats-plan-hang-colossal-skyscraper-asteroid-n739601

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/magazine-39284294
nbcnews.com/mach/space/firm-floats-plan-hang-colossal-skyscraper-asteroid-n739601
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now you really know the earth is flat. MUH FUGGEN CHANDELIER BILDANG. ASTEROIDS DONT FUCKING MOVE

Why would you want the pressures of the stratosphere

This idea is so retarded

How do you send ambulances

i assume it's a multi-purposed building

they'll find a use for it

This is the most retarded garbage ive ever heard

This is the dumbest shit

>build giant tower on asteroid that orbits the earth
>asteroid gets hit by an object and trajectory is altered
>because of the giant tower attached to the earth in gravity, the asteroid plummets towards earth
>the asteroid and the tower crash into Dubai, causing devastation the world has never seen before, firestorms of rubble and poo across the city

Yeah what a great fucking idea.

>Americans are smart enough to know that this is impossible

>with the slowest part of the tower’s trajectory occurring over New York Cit

itll be like 9/11 backwards

>Some retard graphic artist who doesn't understand orbital mechanics made a drawing.

Yawn.

Is this a hologram. So theyre counting on it moving. That's quite the asteroid. Nice investment for knowing it'll be there and do this perfectly for like 400 years eh. What happens when it gets to NY? It sinks into ocean

Wouldn't the tower pull the asteroid out of orbit? Plus, wouldn't air friction slow it down and make it fall out of orbit?

I study civil engineering but I think even a kid can tell this is a stupid idea.

This is a bunch of bs.

>all over the news
So far, I saw it on Newsweek (shit news) and some christian bible thumping news site.

There is literally no chance this is legit.

>hanging from a fucking asteroid

Honestly, I thought the "Circular Runways" shit that went around last week was the height of stupidity...

bbc.com/news/magazine-39284294

...but now someone comes up with this.

WHATS THE POINT OF THIS WHAT WILL IT ACHIEVE WHY ARE ARABS SO FUCKING RETARDED

>why can't America
>"New York city based design firm"

Finally a building that comes to the plane.

How would lightning affect this freakish beast

The stupidest idea ever. Totally not possible, but sure gives some Joe-Nobody architect a lot of publicity.

well if they have any change left over i have a bridge i can sell them

They'll fly it into an airplane

The asteroid is clearly an artificial asteroid, that is to say, it's a fucking sattelite and not an asteroid at all. It will have to have boosters that keep it in correct orbit, possibly powered by fusion reaction.

Birds are going to get hella confused

HA!!!!

air

That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Purely theoretical vaporware. It's asteroid anchor is well above geosyncronous orbit which is why it would move in that figure-8 shape. The skyscraper would be moving at hundreds of miles per hour. It would have worse strain and shear characteristics than a straight up lifting space elevator since it swings like a pendulum. By the time we have the tech to do something like this, it would be cutting off dozens of vertical space elevators.

>architect

It wouldn't surprise me if this was drawn up in civil 3d by some teenager, then pushed around social media until enough retards saw it and thought it was legit. There are enough "news" sites that are filled with retards to make things like this seem legit.

Yeah. Air eh. 'Scuse me. Let's round up the funds. More than one patient waiting and you're fucked. And it's a giant rotating asteroid restaurant. Hop to it gramma

how big

In local news construction company crashes asteroid into Earth while trying to build a building in space which would reach into the Earths Atmosphere

>Wow that is beyond retarded, sounds like a goof idea a kid would come up with
>But like it's in the news and people are seriously discussing it

Maybe I'm the retard.

WHAT COULD GO CATASTROPHICALLY WRONG? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THIS PLAN?

The Gulf states are so desperate for "Western" approval.

Go ahead and build it. Will be fun to watch it crash to the ground once the Mossad/zionists send the American army into UAE.

"So have you heard from Paul recently?"
"You didn't hear dude? His office was knocked out of orbit last January."

Fucking stop guys.

This is thread must be pure trolling, because that idea is obviously very retarded.

>not wanting to ride the funnest ride at Theme Park Earth

>design firm

American colleges should teach some physics to design and gender study students.

yeah next month we start construction on Uranus.

at least they dream big. too bad they'll be back to 600 AD when the oil runs out

>requires space suit to wash windows

It's the current state of humanity. We have become a giant inside joke.

Well, good luck with that.

This is literally just bait for retarded middle class retirees to 'invest' in and lose all their money.

Nothing until they discover gravitation.

I'd have my office on the 900th floor given half a chance but it ain't happening.

>shit only liberals are in awe about

It's retarded, mainly because we'd just build a space elevator if we actually had capable materials.

I mean, unless they plan building from space down, which seems, highly improbable from like, a million different points.

underrated

If you are gonna build this why not just build the orbital ring. You can hang multiple buildings

How would you get into and out of the building?

kek nice b8 there :)

It would be a great experience to put on your resume for the eventual application to become a Mars colonist window washer.

not to big, should be easy enough to move

that is a fucking retarded waste of time

hmm, are floors counted from asteroid down? Or from closest earth floor up?

ITS THE ZEON
THEY STOLE UNIT TWO AND ITS ARMED WITH THE NUKE ITS THE ZEON!

Kek.

sand-niggers are really getting creative.

Would the air not decelerate the building and therefore the asteroid, pulling out of orbit? This isn't serious right?

You know except friction, drag, electromagnetic interference, weather, thermal laws of dynamics. There's is a bajiion reason why this could never work.

So we're going with the Eon route, eh?

Based.

>washing windows in space

What will you use as washing liquid in zero-pressure environment?

>nbcnews.com/mach/space/firm-floats-plan-hang-colossal-skyscraper-asteroid-n739601

It's as retarded as the people that read and re-post about it

1. Find what an asteroid is
2. Realize asteroids are not on a geosynchronous/geostationary earth orbit
3. It's physically impossible
4. stop reading that fucking garbage
5. Aside: Mars, not in your lifetime

This is fucking ridiculous. I'm from and live in NY and all this bullshit does is clog up the streets and bridges. It's hard enough navigating and getting parking and bullshit like this only makes it even more unbearable because you'll be stuck behind 200 numb skulls with going 0 mph for an hour and a half and still only make it 2 blocks. Kill yourselves

This country needs more than a building right now. It needs hope.

windows don't get dirty in space. What's there to get them dirty? The ISS doesn't have this problem

Uae barely have any oil
Only Saudis kuwaitis iraqis and iranians are so fucked when oil runs out

B A S E D

A

S

E

D

lmfao if they actually do that shit i will reserve no props from those crazy sandniggers

Why don't they just levitate it with a giant magnet?

UAE makes money by being a tax haven. when the oil runs out a good portion of their customers are going to withdraw all that cash, or more likely, get plundered

Damn, I miss space elevator thread.

>not reading the articles

They attach a "cap" to the top/bottom of the building as it passes the docking station on Earth. This cap is a few floors tall and carries with it people/supplies. Then when the building passes another docking station, the cap is detached and people can get off in that way.

>americans talk about a space elevator for half a century
>kebabs build it on a whim with oil money
inb4 this actually happens

Bottom up most likely.

> still not happening
> for a zillion reasons

yeah...but magnets, ...how do they work?

Wouldn't work

Orbital decay

>"Circular Runways"
holy shit, they're actually retarded

Kek I'm sure they have plenty plans for it

In the same way I have plans to be sexually dominated by Hillary Clinton, doesn't mean it's ever going to happen

Your plan seems much real.

Everything is electric. This is a bad idea

>> still not happening
>> for a zillion reasons

Not with that kind of attitude!

C'mon guys, lets get serious. Maybe the asteroid is a bad idea, but what about the moon? We could attach the building to that with super strong, super long cables.

>new viral sensation

fuck off ribbit, jesus

Dubai is nigger tier engineering. In New York skycrapers were invented because the lack of space and too many people required it. Dubai is full of inbreed Paki faggots that try to blow thier oil money on shit that would make them look good and money in the future. In reality, it wont. Their empty buildings will crumble from Chinease nigger tier engineering before enough shitskins move to the desert.

Oh and there is 0% chance of this fake news story coming true it is absolutely retarded. America is busy doing shit that matters and shitting out 10 countries worth of propaganda and MKultra.

why are ayyrabs so anti-space? you see all these rich middle eastern countries with tons of extra money lying around but none of them ever invest into a space program.

Can't be done on a flat earth

>leaf logic
Ahahaha

Grand Designs

this is definitely an april fool's joke

>build crazy shit that breaks easy because you stumbled onto billions
>don't bother to invest in infrastructure like sewers or industry so your citizens have jobs

Finally, I needed a thread to make me sleepy. Goodnight /pol

Maybe someone should push the idea of a death star to those retarded goatfuckers.

Dubai is literally an example of what happens when you give niggers a lot of money, everythings flashy and expensive looking but theres no sustainability and no substance. the burj khalifa dosnt even have a sewage system attached to it, they truck the poop out, literally nigger tier planning. something they didn't anticipate happens and they throw money at it, instead of intelligence.

fuck dubai

That sounds fucking retarded