What's Sup Forums's opinion on atheists?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on atheists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA
youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They and ancaps have a similar type of diagnosable aspergers.

I just say thanks, do other atheists actually give a shit about something this trivial

killed by the fedora meme

The normal ones who still acknowledge a potential possibility of God are alright. Sperglords such as this one are not:
youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA

Whilst the ANCAP Ideology is flawed,
they're our only special also-right-wing allies to throw communists off helicopters

Just the /r/atheism types

Besides the words 'god bless you' is so intertwined in our language it literally makes no sense to take offence to it

As long as they are not idealogues. I couldn't give a shit

>*dibs bedora*
I read it already.

But what about ancap Tradionalist Catholics

Casual atheists who just can't be assed to care about religion are fine, those who vehemently oppose the concept of faith should go jump off a bridge

Theyre know it all faggots and they are one of the primary reasons the west has fallen.
I know because I used to be an edgy atheist faggot for my first 25 years of life.

How fucking odd
I usually say bless you since it matters so little in the grand scheme of things. If you're a friend you might hear an exaggerated "dude gross" instead tho

Too logical and smug for their own good.

Pretty much the same here.

/r/atheism shouldnt of existed in the first place, all it's done is make legitimate atheists seem like autists apart of some big movement to demoralise society

Speaking as an atheist, I really wish the loudest ones would shut the fuck up. Going around and insulting everyone for having any beliefs is the very same proselytising that they are trying to "stop". Come to think of it, I don't even remember the last time someone who was religious was an asshole to me for not being religious. Whatever happened to just, you know, not being a dick?

>Too logical
typical right wing retard lol

Philosophy ends where atheism begins.

Parrots. Give them anything that they hold over someone else and they'll parrot that too.

I could see the appeal of it if you're surrounded neck deep by ultra religious types who would shun (or in the case of Islam, probably murder) you for disbelief. But I imagine most of them would rather huff each other's farts

>Polly want a strawman to berate

> Muslims are the problem!
> No wait, atheists are the problem!
> anyone that doesn't think like me is the problem!
> I was a piece of shit before religion, so everyone that doesn't follow religion is a piece of shit!!!!

God, I had a class with a guy like this.
>get out of Indocrination Course 101
>walking with this cute girl I was flirting with followed by a guy who I'd talked to once or twice
>atheistfag is nominally a part of our conversation as we are walking
>leave the building
>notice that it's unreasonably hot today and say
>'Man it's hot as hell today'
>thistriggersthefedora.jpg
>atheistfag goes on an all too long rant about how God and Hell aren't real
>me and cute girl just walk in silence as he follows us ranting until we reach the train station outside the school
>after reaching the train station he just says, 'See yah' and turns around to enter the school again
>hfw

Fuck devout atheists.

Yeah I remember reading through all sorts of posts about a guy being afraid of coming out as atheist to super religious parents and all that stuff, problem is that it basically became a
>MUH EBIL CHRISTIANITY
>ISLAM IS BAD BUT CHRISTIANS ARENWORSE LOLOL TROLLFACE
>HOW DARE DOES MY OPINION GET REMOVED FROM THE DEFAULT FRONT PAGE.

slave morality

I don't care what people believe, I care what they do.

In OP's picture I'd call that guy a loser for being so upset about something so benign, but I wouldn't call someone a loser just for personally believing that there is no higher power in the universe.

Personally, I'm agnostic. I may not believe in a definite god or religion per se but I recognize that if deities existed that my brain might not be able to comprehend such a concept. At the same time I live in a universe that is bound by physics and so I must reserve the possibility that all things may happen by coincidence and such may disprove the theory of any religion.

That being said, I suppose I hope that I am wrong in my denial of an afterlife or higher consciousness. What would be the point of anything if there was no point in everything?

Are you and that "cute girl" religious?
Surprised he even walked with you guys if so

I'm not religious myself but I know the girl was. The atheist guy didn't know this. He just launched into it like the nut job he was.

I don't come across those types of atheists anymore desu, if anything, I am probably the fedora myself now when it comes to the rise of Islam.

We were doing so good. We put Christians in their place in the 90's and 2000's and we finally started seeing the demise of religion. People started to smarten up and saw what load of horse shit religion actually is. But as soon as Islam came along, the fucking liberals decided that criticizing, mocking, and joking about Islam is now racist for some reason. Remember all those Christian jokes we used to hear and see coming from the media? Literally just try saying those same jokes but with Mohammad instead of Jesus and you'll be labeled as a white supremacist. I don't even give a fuck about this subject to be honest, I don't care if someones a muslim. It's the logical inconsistency that's driving me insane.

probably a good thing he didn't know desu

this
this
t h i s
clever.

I think everyone needs God, but first you need to realize and accept a simple reality: godless humans are weak rubbish.
Ever wondered why you can't sleep at night? Why existing seems like a painful and unjust experience? Why you are cursed we the compulsive need for love and emotional support in a world where nobody gives a shit?
Go on, feel intellectualy superior tnah me, reality is: you know nothing.

We never feared "white genocide" or "degeneracy" and neither "the fall of the west" when we were strong in our faith. The world feared us westeners, now is the opposite.

I'm not sure how he would have reacted as she was Jewish. Most of the pious atheists I know tend to consider 'racial' religions to not count. So Muslims and Jews are off the table.

I don't get it

If Christianity isn't real, why would it have spread so fast? The fucking roman empire adopting it as its official religion eventually, etc.

Seriously, if Jesus' story was a big farce then surely people would realize it, and it wouldn't have gone anywhere outside a small cult

Problem is back then information didn't travel as fast so there was no way of proving or disproving an event

By the same logo , Islam is therefore true.

*logic

Religion is a meme, the spread of kek is a small scale example on how religions form.

baby's first sip from the glass of natural sciences

Kek is also real by this logic.

>flag
>asinine statement
>"therefore God exists!"

Ameridumb does it again

I mean think about it though, any religion or thinking could have spread but it didn't, but Christianity did.

I'm not sure if Islam spread as fast as Christianity.

I mean I think it spread, but I think a larger % of the population would have been Christian comparatively, maybe.

God certainly exists ( youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w&t )

I'm talking about if Jesus' story was true or not.

Since we know God exists, we couldn't he have fucked with us in the form of Jesus?

I seriously had to re read that three times to try to understand your point and I still have no idea what you're trying to say.

Atheist here. Nice to be free of (((Abrahamic))) mind poisoning.

>"GOD DIDN'T CREATE THE UNIVERSE DICKHEAD! GOD DOESN'T REAL! HAVE YOU EVER FUCKING HEARD OF SCIENCE! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE BIG BANG IS!"
>"So the Universe was started by the big bang?"
>"YES YOU FUCKING RETARD!"
>"And there was nothing before the big bang, nothing at all?"
>"NO NOTHING!"
>"And science says that you can't get something from nothing, right?"
>"OBVIOUSLY FUCKING IDIOT!"
>"So if nothing was around what created the big bang? Was it just a one off thing where everything to ever exist came from nothing?"

Every time.
I added the caps to make me look better, more calm and more restrained in the argument. For ultimate pwnage it's best to run with that and then suggest that God created the big bang.

I think he's saying that if Islam and Christianity had been introduced at the same time, Christianity would have gotten more followers than Islam. Either that or it's just the mad ramblings of an inbred hick.

Atheists are fine, but they always end up having to define what God is so they can not believe in it.

"God isn't a FSM!" or "God isn't a grandpa on a cloud, lol!" Yeah, no shit, genius

I like them, but i can't eat a whole one

Acknowledging the absurdity of anthropocentric religions is a good thing, it should be obvious to everyone with a decent science education.

But they shouldn't reject all form of spirituality or the idea that there could be something out there, with no human characteristic, so not a sky daddy, that act as a god.

well i mean you actually have the digits to prove it.

kek: 1
everybody else: 0

you're holding atheists to a pretty high standard, expecting them to know how the universe came about. it is, according to our current understanding of physics, unknowable.

we're the only resonable people. you christcucks say that god must have created the universe cause it's so complex, but who created him? you're not answering the question by saying "GAWD DONE IT!". you're just taking a step back. he's supposed to be way more complex than the universe itself. what are the odds something like that would exist? also how do you know christianity is true? what about islam? why is islam false? I have just as much of a reason to believe the qran as I do the bible. also calling someone a fedora isn't an argument.

Islam spread incredibly quickly. It turned into an empire larger then the Roman Empire in something like 100 years, spanning North Africa, Middle East, parts of Africa, turkey, and Spain.

Europe probably would've become Muslim if we hadn't won the battle of Tours.

Deities are not real, and religions are false... but the world is made of billions of idiots, and you need religion and faith to control them and keep them behaving. The problem comes when the ruling elite believe in the bullshit or fail to control it.

I identify myself as a non believer rather than atheist
But i pretend i am an atheist for pissing off blind believers ,just trying to trigger them with one sentence, if i failed i will just stop

>implying atheists walk into that strawman outside of your fantasies

Christcuck delusion goes way beyond magic sky daddy, it also infects everything they think

Sleeping just fine without god. Becoming "weak" without god is pretty pathetic by itself.
Asian countries like China have the highest number of atheists and don't have immigration issues. In a similar vain the pope is actually promoting immigration

Are you like 16, either that or you've hardly been in a social situation before.

Nobody else has replied to this, but I agree, fellow Burger. Atheism is forced to take on a materialist world-view... and so any thought on morals, ethics, being and so forth are reduced to "they just are" or that nothing can be accountable for anything. It's crazy. Arguing why that's a bad thing/illogical is different, but for now, I agree with the consequences.

aboriginal pagan here ask me anything

Nihilism is cancer, use your brain and realize to serve the Lord our father and creator, and savior in flesh Jesus Christ.

I'm an atheist and I told a homeless guy god bless him after I gave him a couple dollars.

Fucking chinks.

Is everyone in French Polynesia this redpilled

Big difference: Islam spread through conquest, Christianity did not; the latter was adopted as Roman State religion because of the large following it had already converted, not because some maniac was forcing a religion from the top-down

There's some really autistic Christians on this site, in my experience more of them than atheists although there are some retarded atheists on here too.

Rubbish. Scientists with education and achievement thousands of times superior to your own did not think it absurd, but yeah, you're just such a scientific master that Max Planck is a retard in comparison.

Also, quantum mechanics is more favourable to a religious interpretation than a scientific/materialist one--conscious observation changes the fabric of reality--thus consciousness cannot be excluded like the positivist scientists wanted (Hawking still tries, but his attempt was desperate and obviously motivated by any explanation that could explain away the problem of consciousness)

Atheists move their goalposts every generation or so, because there earlier claims (materialist interpretation) have been largely disproven.

I agree.
I'm an atheist but I do admit 3 types of "gods" are somewhat possible:
Most likely is a non-sentient or at least not as we see it entity. Not some creator god so much as an object, entity, or construct that acted as the spark for life.
Matrix nonsense where this is all a simulation or game or dream or whatever. Some super advanced race is playing a video game with the most realistic AI of all time type of deal
I am god, or you are god. Solipsism basically. From my perspective I am god. I am the only person I can ever experience sentience as. I am a sleeping god and this is my dream, my imagination formed a world around me as I thought it fit. Any trouble or success in my life is what I thought should happen. You are all constructs of my imagination used by my sub-conscious to communicate with me. Interesting bit of this is if you're reading it and thinking "Ya well I'm sentient so disproven" then the same rules apply. You don't know if I'm sentient, I may be a construct attempting to communicate this idea to you.

The third one is most interesting, and most plausible to me.

Logic, funny word

No, only the ruling elite.
Rest of population is good based peons (xenophobic, super christian, gullible, honest, generous, hard worker if you keep an eye on them all time, one of the lowest crime rates in the world).

no they sure don't

>I'm an atheist but I do admit 3 types of "gods" are somewhat possible:
Aren't you contradicting yourself here?

>anyone who isnt christian is the problem

Fixed that for ya mate.

god bless

Muh positivism

I wish this meme would die already. The basis of humanism and renaissance science was grounded in religion you twit.

>Friend is saying God Bless you to everyone who walks by house
>This is on a uni campus so plenty of drunk people walking by
>Most people says thanks, or y-you too
>One guy stops and starts getting pissy
>"I'm an atheist, why would you say that?"
>Friend replies "So am I, stop being a faggot."
>Guy walks on

He was the only person who got triggered that night.

The end.

no one actually says "GOD bless you" in response to a sneeze. thats too long winded. the only time i've heard the full god bless you from anyone, religious or otherwise, was when they were being flippant

>be bitter teenager
>be atheist
>"hurr relijuun dum"
>meet other atheists
>realize how subhuman and indoctrinated atheists are
>start reading the bible and study history
>end up wearing an old-orthodox cross to piss off commies(and because im part russian)

so yeah i believe in god but i think that all forms of religion are heresy,churches are for the unbelievers,praying is heresy too
atheists are very very very bad at history and understanding the human mind
also fuck constantine

and OPs pic is 100% accurate,except the part where the fat autist is imagining himself winning an epic debate battle in a very logical way against the other guy,is missing
>mfw people think i believe god is forgiving and loves us and everything will be good

>assert the existence of god
>sperg out if called out on it

this reeks of christian privilege.

complete sperg lords who need to hang next to niggers and others fucking up white society

>The basis of humanism and renaissance science was grounded in religion you twit.
this is bait, but what the hell, some here may be illiterate enough not to have heard the counterargument: religion asserts that there are no rules. god can do what he wishes. muslims had to salvage much of what we still have from antiquity, mostly because they are supposed to pray towards mecca and so astronomy and mathematics was salvaged, and because they needed to tend to the ill so medicine was salvaged too. they destroyed all the rest, and christianity destroyed more. the rise of europe coincides with christianity shooting itself in the leg with protestantism and later with being pushed aside by enlightenment. the scientific achievement of medieval europe, that wonderful undisturbed christian theocracy, is essentially nil.

So what do you believe exactly?

don't exchange sausages for cocks,
1.pope francesco is an impostor.
2.we ain't asians.

Anyone who claims to know whether or not a god exists is full of shit. All religions are baseless, including atheism.

>Click here
even if god exists, i'm sure he doesn't go around blessing every asshole that sneezes. Saying god bless you when people sneeze is retarded.

bump

Yes, because believing in a glorified fairy tale isn't autistic.

we were given multiple chances and we fucked up every time,at this point we are alone
everything after Jesus death is pure damage control and desperation
religion is for people who need confirmation from other people so basically they are insecure in their belief

Council of Nicaea is where it went from heresy to full out paganism
Should have listened to Arius and then build from that

>be in locker room
>guy tells us what happened earlier
>some guy says "oh my god haha"
>fat smug guy shouts "GOD ISNT REAL!"

shit like this actually happens

Posts like these are the true cancer.

Get your head out of your ass.

They are lazy. obssesed with religion.
tottaly unable to better themselves.
retards i say, they gave themselves permission to not worship god and felt smart for it and God is watching, the day of judgment awaits. Repent, dont be lazy dont fellow the devil.

this too.
A world without jesus is not the world we live in and die in.

FACT: God is just a story someone came up with to subjugate dumb people.

That's why we need religion, but anyone who unironically believes in God is an idiot and should be treated as such.

Subjugate dumb people? You clearly have not even the slightest idea what you're talking about. Your opinion is also probably the result of your willful ignorance and emotions intertwined with nativity. Yeah, hence your post has no real value in an argument. We can all flaunt our tongues about things which we don't even come close to comprehending can we? You retard.

You didn't refute his point

delet this

Conversion at swordpoint. Easy to get to 100% conversion rate.

Expect I did. He's one of those people who bases his view point on religion from his emotions heavily intertwined with his nativity, and I said just that in my post. Go shitpost somewhere else. I have problems standing the fucking willful ignorance and astounding bullshittery of some people. It's like trying to reason with disobedient children, expect difference is they're man children who dogmatize their emotions and claim anyone even though they might have a much, much better understanding of religion and metaphysics as a fucking retard, when in fact it couldn't be anymore farther from the truth.

It made people easier to rule over.

And people did realize it, that's why there's so many atheists today.

Got one thing right and get the wrong conclusions from it
As opposed to serious christians who got one thing wrong and derive many correct conclusions from it

Atheism has been discredited. It is easily proven to be false by posting images of hats.