/ac/ General: Atlantean Edition

This general is to discuss ancient and legendary civilizations and the political ramifications of them, feel free to contribute.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDejwCGdUV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel like all of these ancient religions always (mostly) worship the sun as the highest power or the sky

>youtube.com/watch?v=aDejwCGdUV8
All you need is here^

the sun/sky/day has to deal with things being revealed.

Humans either have always worshiped that which gives them knowledge
OR
There's some weird stuff happening and it's all real.

The Proto Indo-European Sky God was called Dyeus, it's from his name that Latin got Diem, and thus how we got Day.

It's also how we got Deity to mean 'a god or godlike figure'.

>checked
>3 hours long and it's midnight
fug man.

Greeks: the highest was Zeus. Romans: started to worship the sun as a cult. Germanic: Sun symbols, swastikas. Vikings/Norse: Sun symbols, swastikas. Slavic: again sun symbols. It just continues on and on. There has to be some kind of connection.

consider this:
>jews and christians and mesopotamians believe God sent flood to punish the wicked (Noe, etc)
>Atlantis supposedly sank

are those 2 thingies connected?

>teh flud shows up hurr
it shows up everywhere
the flood actually happened, it appears in every culture.

bump

>Year zero of the Jewish calendar corresponds closely to the dates of the Bronze Age collapse.

Do you think (((they))) had something to do with it?

There was an infographic here and now it's gone.

this is what I speak off
there must be antideluvians
stop hurring

I liked it better when it was called numenor.

Nope, but whatever they were before got seriously fucked up by the events of the time. Consider that the early parts of the Old Testament involve being cast out of paradise, wandering nomadically for years, running afoul of the one civilization that survived the cataclysm (the Egyptians), etc.

After you consider the stories went through a game of telephone for at least a few hundred years before being written down if not a thousand years, it fits the bill for the remnants of a post-apocalyptic society that can't even remember the before-times.

Well why were they kicked out of every ancient civilization? Could it be they were trying to restart the apocalypse? Another thing I remembered reading is that the Jews claim to be older than all other peoples and they seek the Messiah who will bring back God on Earth but for that to happen 6 million jews must willingly be sacrificed.

Friendly reminder than all real historical records were destroyed by (((them))) and that everything you think you know is a lie. The slate must be wiped clean at the end of every age. We are nearing that time again.

The times were basically every man for himself. Shit was so bad the Greeks lost the knowledge of their first written language entirely (the one we have now is the second one that developed, after the collapse).

It was less that people were being kicked out, but more like ancient mad max with nomadic raiders trying to steal grain from the few remaining cities. That doesn't make for a good heroic backstory around the campfire though, so it never got featured and passed on in the oral histories.

this is bullshit on par with that ancient R2 battery Daniken found somewhere in India
superpower by 2020, ancient legends, poo in the loo

Damn, that's a great point. I can't believe i never thought about it like that. Thank you for your valuable insight.

you shitpost, I shitpost, cycle of shitposting never ends

see Bayeux shitpost and ancient caverns wall shitposts

the knowledge of good and evil = shitposting
cast out of eden = banned from Sup Forums

Yeah, except Oppenheimer knew sanskrit like trump knows Russian and the quote translates to "I am become TIME, the destroyer of worlds." vishnu is fucking vishnu, he would not identify with another deity, namely kali, the goddess of death. Death does not destroy worlds, see extinctions, time does, see entropy. And the message of the baghavad Gita was "kill them now because they will die anyway but this way some good will come of it" not "kill them or I will".
So yeah, fuck Oppenheimer.

How do we explain this?

Onions and space shrek

Checked